Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,751 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) (1447 Views)

A Commentary Bible By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Photo: Man Urinating On Bible By Punch. Sensational Journalism Against Religion / Muhammad's Opinions:were They Divine Revelations From Allah?� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
Hello everyone. I will be sharing some personal revelations from the Word of God that the Holy Spirit taught me for the past 8 months or so, that have just changed my life.

Hebrews 4:12 says "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

The word of God is our RULER (for measurement) in Christianity. There is no anointing that will be upon you that will make you say the Spirit told you specially that Sarah is actually the mother of Abraham, for example. Anything and everything the Holy Spirit would direct you to do will not contradict the scriptures. I will be sharing few things the Holy Ghost revealed to me from the word. He is indeed the greatest Teacher.

Let's go!

3 Likes

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 1:06am On Dec 18, 2020
Topic: Abraham & God (Gen. 12:1; Gen. 11:27-32)

Previous Thought: Once God asked Abraham (then Abram) to leave his father's house to a land He would show him, Abraham did so immediately and therefore received several promises. Hence, the name "Father of Faith".

Actual revelation: Abraham did not obey God immediately.

Explanation: Please hold unto your bible and let the Holy Spirit teach us. If we read Genesis 12:1 carefully, especially using KJV and NKJV (I'm always wary of some translations):

Genesis 12:1a says "Now the Lord had said to Abram...". There is a 'had', which makes it past participle. God had once instructed him to leave his father's house as stated in the rest of Genesis 12:1, before that moment. Where and when was he previously instructed? Aren't we reading too much into the scriptures by basing the first argument on the word 'had'?

Let's read Genesis 11:27-32 carefully which tells us about the family background of Abraham. His father was Terah. He had three sons: Abraham, Nahor and Haran (who begat Lot). They were living in their native land which is in Ur of Chaldeans (this was actually the same people that ruled in Babylon and took Abraham's descendants to exile through Nebuchadnezzar, in the book of Daniel but that's by the way).
It's important to note that Ur was a city in Mesopotamia. Lot's father (Haran) died in their native land Ur. Abraham and Nahor got married.

Isn't it strange that in Genesis 11:31 which reads: "And Terah took his son Abram and his grandson Lot, the son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they went out with them from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to the land of Canaan; and they came to Haran and dwelt there.", Terah was already heading to the same land which we later discover God was going to promise his son, Abraham? But he was probably distracted by the name of a city which reminded him of his dead son- Haran - and settled there. Actually, God distracted him because it was Abraham God had spoken to previously to leave his father's house to a land He would show him but Abraham probably was hesitant. Then, God touched Terah's heart to initiate the idea of a migration to the land of Canaan. He settled and died in Haran. Then, God now reminded Abraham in Genesis 12:1 what He had said.

Please, open your bible to Acts 7:2-4. Stephen was facing the high priest and his detractors and spoke under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost saying: "And he said, “Brethren and fathers, listen: The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran, and said to him "Get out of your country and your relatives to a land that I will show you. Then he came out of the land of the Chaldeans and dwelt in Haran. And from there, when his father was dead, He moved him to this land in which you now dwell". God originally appeared to Abraham in Mesopotamia...in the land Ur! And that was when the words of Genesis 12:1-3 were originally given to him. But even the one that eventually became the Father of Faith had his own doubts about just leaving his father's house.

Nehemiah 9:7 reads: “You are the Lord God, Who chose Abram, And brought him out of Ur of the Chaldeans, And gave him the name Abraham...". God's call to Abraham did not start from the city of Haran. God orchestrated EVERYTHING to clear Abraham's doubts and hesitation and develop his faith in this "Person" that is speaking to him.

God reminded Abraham in Genesis 15:7 that: "Then He said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to inherit it.” God had been speaking to Abraham since he was still at his native land of Ur. After his father, Terah (who I believe Abraham clinged unto so much) died, God then reminded him of the original instruction. Hence, in Genesis 12:1- "The Lord had said...".

What is the usefulness of this little insight you may ask? It actually humanizes Abraham as someone like us, not as an unrealistic historical figure of faith. Even James 5:17 says "Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months." These people are just like us! They also had frailties. If Abraham could doubt God's voice at first when such strange instruction was coming, it is no sin for a young believer to err on the side of caution when he starts to hear God. He needs to be sure and guided by the Holy Spirit and the Bible. Because it is strange when we read the news nowadays and someone says a 'voice' told him to sleep with his daughter. Even if the person is dunce enough to not know that's clearly against the scriptures, you don't have to obey immediately since you should know it's a strange instruction. This insight also makes you appreciate growth in our personal walk with God.

Abraham also grew over time in his faith walk. Note that he was 75 years old here. When he was above 100 years and already had Isaac, and God now requested he sacrificed his son in Genesis 22, he had mastered the voice over 25 years (and more actually) to be sure this is the same God talking to him.

Glory to God. Jesus Christ said: "I know my sheep, and my sheep hear my voice...".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2020
Biblical discussions are also welcome here. smiley
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by Emmbanny(m): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
sholay2011:

Previous Thought: Once God asked Abraham (then Abram) to leave his father's house to a land He would show him, Abraham did so immediately and therefore received several promises. Hence, the name "Father of Faith".

Explanation: Please hold unto your bible and let the Holy Spirit teach us. If we read Genesis 12:1 carefully, especially using KJV and NKJV (I'm always wary of some translations):

Genesis 12:1a says "Now the Lord had said to Abram...". There is a 'had', which makes it past participle. God had once instructed him to leave his father's house as stated in the rest of Genesis 12:1, before that moment. Where and when was he previously instructed? Aren't we reading too much into the scriptures by basing the first argument on the word 'had'?

Let's read Genesis 11:27-32 carefully which tells us about the family background of Abraham. His father was Terah. He had three sons: Abraham, Nahor and Haran (who begat Lot). They were living in their native land which is in Ur of Chaldeans (this was actually the same people that ruled in Babylon and took Abraham's descendants to exile through Nebuchadnezzar, in the book of Daniel but that's by the way).
It's important to note that Ur was a city in Mesopotamia. Lot's father (Haran) died in their native land Ur. Abraham and Nahor got married.

Isn't it strange that in Genesis 11:31 which reads: "And Terah took his son Abram and his grandson Lot, the son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they went out with them from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to the land of Canaan; and they came to Haran and dwelt there.", Terah was already heading to the same land which we later discover God was going to promise his son, Abraham? But he was probably distracted by the name of a city which reminded him of his dead son- Haran - and settled there. Actually, God distracted him because it was Abraham God had spoken to previously to leave his father's house to a land He would show him but Abraham probably was hesitant. Then, God touched Terah's heart to initiate the idea of a migration to the land of Canaan. He settled and died in Haran. Then, God now reminded Abraham in Genesis 12:1 what He had said.

Please, open your bible to Acts 7:2-4. Stephen was facing the high priest and his detractors and spoke under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost saying: "And he said, “Brethren and fathers, listen: The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran, and said to him "Get out of your country and your relatives to a land that I will show you. Then he came out of the land of the Chaldeans and dwelt in Haran. And from there, when his father was dead, He moved him to this land in which you now dwell". God originally appeared to Abraham in Mesopotamia...in the land Ur! And that was when the words of Genesis 12:1-3 were originally given to him. But even the one that eventually became the Father of Faith had his own doubts about just leaving his father's house.

Nehemiah 9:7 reads: “You are the Lord God, Who chose Abram, And brought him out of Ur of the Chaldeans, And gave him the name Abraham...". God's call to Abraham did not start from the city of Haran. God orchestrated EVERYTHING to clear Abraham's doubts and hesitation and develop his faith in this "Person" that is speaking to him.

God reminded Abraham in Genesis 15:7 that: "Then He said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to inherit it.” God had been speaking to Abraham since he was still at his native land of Ur. After his father, Terah (who I believe Abraham clinged unto so much) died, God then reminded him of the original instruction. Hence, in Genesis 12:1- "The Lord had said...".

What is the usefulness of this little insight you may ask? It actually humanizes Abraham as someone like us, not as an unrealistic historical figure of faith. Even James 5:17 says "Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months." These people are just like us! They also had frailties. If Abraham could doubt God's voice at first when such strange instruction was coming, it is no sin for a young believer to err on the side of caution when he starts to hear God. He needs to be sure and guided by the Holy Spirit and the Bible. Because it is strange when we read the news nowadays and someone says a 'voice' told him to sleep with his daughter. Even if the person is dunce enough to not know that's clearly against the scriptures, you don't have to obey immediately since you should know it's a strange instruction. This insight also makes you appreciate growth in our personal walk with God.

Abraham also grew over time in his faith walk. Note that he was 75 years old here. When he was above 100 years and already had Isaac, and God now requested he sacrifice his son in Genesis 22, he had mastered the voice over 25 years (and more actually) to be sure this is the same God talking to him.

Glory to God. Jesus Christ said: "I know my sheep, and my sheep hear my voice...".
God bless you
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
Emmbanny:
God bless you
Amen. Thanks for reading. smiley

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 6:50am On Dec 19, 2020
smiley
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by gracefilled: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2020
sholay2011:

Abraham also grew over time in his faith walk. Note that he was 75 years old here. When he was above 100 years and already had Isaac, and God now requested he sacrifice his son in Genesis 22, he had mastered the voice over 25 years (and more actually) to be sure this is the same God talking to him.

I am following. More of God's grace

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by nnamdiosu(m): 1:01am On Dec 20, 2020
Well done op. Continue pls

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 1:40am On Dec 20, 2020
gracefilled:

I am following. More of God's grace
Amen ma.

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by mekzyjoe(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
[quote author=nnamdiosu post=97243662]Well done op. Continue pls[/quote
]
Nnamdi,how fa.. kindly do d needful on ur thread
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
Topic: SONS OF GOD & DAUGHTERS OF MEN (Genesis 6:1-2)

Previous Thought: The sons of God in Genesis 6 were angels that saw how beautiful the daughters of men were and had sexual relations with them, thereby giving birth to giants or nephilims.

Actual Revelation: The sons of God in Genesis 6 actually refers to the descendants of Seth, Adam's third son.

Explanation: Please hold unto your bible and let the Holy Spirit teach us today. Genesis 4:1-15 chronicles how Adam's first son (Cain) murdered his brother (Abel) in cold blood. And after that, he was even unrepentant about his action, confirming that he is actually an evil person.

Genesis 4:9 says "Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?”

Cain continued in Genesis 4:13-14: And Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear! 14 Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.”

Genesis 4:16 confirms how Cain went out from God's presence. He was an evil man, hence, his descendants being evil. An example is in Genesis 4:19 which reads: Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one was Adah, and the name of the second was Zillah. Cain's descendant was the first person in the bible that had two wives- despite God's instruction in Genesis 2:24-25 that marriage should be between one man and one woman. Unfortunately, Lamech's evil didn't end in polygamy. It actually just started with it.

Genesis 4:23 continued Then Lamech said to his wives: “Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, Even a young man for hurting me. He ended up committing murder just like his great grand father- Cain. In fact, he was worse as Genesis 4:24 reads "If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.” Lamech's story was a microscopic view of how the whole of Cain's line grew in their evil and became enemies of God.

Now, another line arose in Genesis 4:25: Adam knew Eve again and bore a son called Seth (with the hope that he would replace Abel whom Cain killed). Now, Seth's line was different from Cain's. Seth's line became people that knew the Lord.
Genesis 4:26 says And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh. Then men began to call on the name of the Lord.
In fact, it was Seth's 'good' line that Noah eventually came from as we journey through Genesis 5. Enoch (the one that walked with God and was not, not the immediate son of Cain in Gen 4:17) also came from Seth's line in Gen 5:21-22. We could see because God still had a set of people that He could call His own, through the line of Seth in Genesis 5, He blessed them with long life so they could have enough time to multiply and fill the earth. I mean, these people were living as long as 912 years (for Seth himself), 905 years (Enosh), and even Methuselah of 969 years. And from this line came Noah as state in Gen 5:30-32. In short, there was a good line of people from Seth and evil line of people from Cain.

Now, let's re-read Genesis 6:1-2 in context. Genesis 6:1-2 says Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.

First, while the term sons of God were used to most likely represent heavenly hosts in Job 1:6, it does not always refer to angels. John 1:12 says But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. The term generally refers to people that believe in God, like the descendants of the line of Seth. Even we are called sons of God. Romans 8:14 says: For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Also, let's examine the idea of angels actually having intercourse with female humans that they were impregnated. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Don't you think if God's angels could impregnate human beings, satan's fallen angels won't waste any time in this day to impregnate as many as possible?

What happened actually was that the men from the line of Seth began to marry women from the line of Cain, and they most likely turned their hearts from God. This became something God subsequently warned people he called out to Himself in later portions of the Bible. He warned the Israelites, who were His chosen people in the Old Testament not to intermarry with surrounding evil nations. 1 Kings 11:2 says Of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

And God is still saying the same thing to believers in the New Testament in 2 Corinthians 6:14: Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? It's interesting how consistent our God is with His standards. And as a result of this 'mixture' between the two lines, most men became eventually evil on earth. The Holy Spirit could no longer take it and departed from indwelling in men (till Acts chapter 2!). And God reduced man's days on the average to 120 years (Genesis 6:3). But there was a family that was still for Him, which was Noah's (Genesis 6:7-8 ). Hence, Noah and his family became a new set of God's chosen people after the earth was destroyed with flood. And Abraham came from his line, which is still the line of Seth.

What is the relevance of this little insight you may ask? It shows how much God demands His people to be separate unto Him! 2 Corinthians 6:17 says: Therefore “Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.” Are you a Christian that we can easily confuse you with an unbeliever based on how you talk, think, dress or act? Watch it. While salvation is purely by grace, not by works, there are fruits of repentance.

Philippians 1:11 (NLT) says: May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ[a]—for this will bring much glory and praise to God. How do I bear this fruit, someone may ask? It's not even by your own power.
Jesus Christ said in John 15:4-5: Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

@nnamdiosu @gracefilled @Emmbanny

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by nnamdiosu(m): 8:48am On Dec 29, 2020
Well done brother.....God bless you for this thread. Real nice.

However I'll have to personally disagree with your teaching that the sons of God is refereed to as the Seth lineage in the bible.

Job 38, from 5 (KJV version)
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

(This talks about the laying of the earths foundation) man hadn't being born then, so why then will man be shouting for joy?

Now the same job 38 from 5 (IN NIV VERSION SAYS)

Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

HERE IT ASCRIBES THE SONS OF GOD TO ANGELS.

as long as the old testament was concerned, sons of God refereed to supernatural beings. Even if not angels, but the beings in context can't ever be makind.

Its in the new testament that born again or regenerated man can be referee to as sons of God

Also, all mankind, whether from Seth or Cain linage are still directly from Adam. There wasnt any distinction per say, because EVEN IN SETH LINEAGE, THERE WERE STILL PEOPLE WHO DISOBEYED GOD. EVEN IN SETH LINAGE, ONLY NOAH FOUND GRACE IN GODS SIGHT.

so its not like the Seth linage were holy or something. no.
They all perished save Noah.

So what I'm trying to correct with love is,
The sons of God always rendered to supernatural beings in the old testament. Thats because man hadn't ascended to where he is noe, from the new testament.

Infact it was regarded as blasphemy to say you were a son of God. That was why Jesus was even hated by the Jews.

God bless you bro
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
nnamdiosu:
Well done brother.....God blew you for this thread. Real nice.

However I'll have to personally disagree with your teaching that the sons of God is referee to as the Seth lineage in the bible.

Job 38, from 5 (KJV version)
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

(This talks about the laying of the earths foundation) man hadn't being born then, so why then will man be shouting for joy?

Now the same job 38 from 5 (IN NIV VERSION SAYS)

Tell me, if you understand.(G)
5 Who marked off its dimensions?(H) Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line(I) across it?
6 On what were its footings set,(J)
or who laid its cornerstone(K)—
7 while the morning stars(L) sang together(M)
and all the angels[a](N) shouted for joy?(O)

HERE IT ASCRIBES THE SONS OF GOD TO ANGELS.

as long as the old testament was concerned, sons of God referee to supernatural beings. Even if not angels, but the beings in context can't ever be man kind.

Its in the new testament that born again or regenerated man can be referee to as sons of God

Also, all mankind, whether from Seth or Cain linage are still directly from Adam. There wasnt any distinction per say, because EVEN IN SETH LINEAGE, THERE WERE STILL PEOPLE WHO DISOBEYED GOD. EVEN IN SETH LINAGE, ONLY NOAH FOUND GRACE IN GODS SIGHT.

so its not like the Seth linage were holy or something. no.
They all perished save Noah.

So what I'm trying to correct with love is,
The sons of God always rendered to supernatural beings in the old testament. Thats because man hadn't ascended to where he is noe, from the new testament.

Infact it was regarded as blasphemy to say you were a son of God. That was why Jesus was even belated by the Jews.

God bless you bro
I really appreciate your response sir. And I actually acknowledged that 'sons of God' in Job 1:6 was referring to heavenly hosts. But the one in Genesis 6 is definitely not angels. Sir, angels cannot have sex with human beings to produce babies. I will be glad if you can prove me wrong on this. I stated what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 11:30. I also always thought it meant angels but I will advise you re-read what I wrote up there with an open heart. And when John 10:10 states that all the thief cometh to do is to steal, kill and destroy, while hasn't fallen angels come again to sleep with ladies so the Holy Spirit can depart again? What is stopping them?

Let me give you another example of 'same word but different contextual meaning' in the bible so it won't appear one is trying to make the scriptures fit into a rhema'. John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
1 John 2:15 now says: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Comparing John 3:16 and 1 John 2:15 on the surface level for someone that wants to nitpick the bible will say: is the bible asking us to love or hate the world? Is the bible confused? Absolutely not. The world in John 3:16 refers to people while the world in 1 John 2:15 refers to its lusts, enticing and demonic ways.

Also note that the bible wasn't first written in chapters and verses. Once you read from Genesis 4 till 6 as a story that's connected altogether, you actually get the contextual meaning of the sons of God. It's always important we see the bible as one book. And there were subtle ways God always referred to His people as sons even in the old testament. Let me list out some of them:

Exodus 4:22-23: "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn." Of course, we both know 'Israel' here is actually a group of people.

1 Chronicles 28:6: "And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father."

Psalm 2:7: "I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." This is David.

This one isn't even that subtle:
Hosea 1:10: "Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God."

These verses above in the Old testament confirm what John 1:12 said: As many as have received Him, to them He called sons of God.

Thanks once again for reading and I appreciate your perspective.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by nnamdiosu(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
sholay2011:

I really appreciate your response sir. And I actually acknowledged that 'sons of God' in Job 1:6 was referring to heavenly hosts. But the one in Genesis 6 is definitely not angels. Sir, angels cannot have sex with human beings to produce babies. I will be glad if you can prove me wrong on this. I stated what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 11:30. I also always thought it meant angels but I will advise you re-read what I wrote up there with an open heart. And when John 10:10 states that all the thief cometh to do is to steal, kill and destroy, while hasn't fallen angels come again to sleep with ladies so the Holy Spirit can depart again? What is stopping them?

Let me give you another example of 'same word but different contextual meaning' in the bible so it won't appear one is trying to make the scriptures fit into a rhema'. John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
1 John 2:15 now says: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

Comparing John 3:16 and 1 John 2:15 on the surface level for someone that wants to nitpick the bible will say: is the bible asking us to love or hate the world? Is the bible confused? Absolutely not. The world in John 3:16 refers to people while the world in 1 John 2:15 refers to its lusts, enticing and demonic ways.

Also note that the bible wasn't first written in chapters and verses. Once you read from Genesis 4 till 6 as a story that's connected altogether, you actually get the contextual meaning of the sons of God. It's always important we see the bible as one book. And there were subtle ways God always referred to His people as sons even in the old testament. Let me list out some of them:

Exodus 4:22-23: "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn." Of course, we both know 'Israel' here is actually a group of people.

1 Chronicles 28:6: "And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father."

Psalm 2:7: "I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." This is David.

Hosea 1:10: "Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God."

These verses above in the Old testament confirm what John 1:12 said: As many as have received Him, to them He called sons of God.

Youre welcome bro.
You see, if only Christians can discuss, counter discuss biblical issues with maturity, love and humility, I'm very sure they won't be issues amongst us. Lol.

Your points have being well noted , (even though I still retain my earlier stand).

Nevertheless, I'm humbled you operate with humility even in our differences.

I still learnt from this your point of view, and still learning.

Please continue sharing and updating the post more as you are led to. Following

God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
sholay2011:

Abraham also grew over time in his faith walk. Note that he was 75 years old here. When he was above 100 years and already had Isaac, and God now requested he sacrificed his son in Genesis 22, he had mastered the voice over 25 years (and more actually) to be sure this is the same God talking to him.

Nice take concerning the journey of Abraham's faith walk with God.

Although I believe Abraham was willing to obey God from the onset, however he had his own struggles, doubts, frustrations, setbacks, just like we also do in ours. But he was willing so God gave him the grace to become obedient to His Word.

His story was one of those which really prepared my walk with God, as I hence knew from the onset that I had to be patient with God, considering how long people like him waited on God for the fulfilment of the promise He made to them, hence I started praying for patience from then.

Concerning the sons of God and daughters of men, I share your view that the fallen angels couldn't have possibly had sex with the daughters of men. However I disagree with your position that they were the descendants of Seth. The most realistic and feasible scenario for me is that the fallen angels used the bodies of men to achieve that purpose. In other words they possessed men's bodies, and thereby gave the men the power to produce such offsprings which they ordinarily wouldn't have been able to do.

As for the revelations of the Spirit of God, it's something that increases the closer one draws to God. I can remember when the revelations began to come to me, I would be jumping in my room, running and shouting. Like wow! It was really amazing. However overtime I have realized that not everything I received was from the Spirit of God, some came from the flesh/men, so there are some things I believed at the time that I have put aside.

I think it was a similar thing that happen to Simon Peter who said something and Jesus told him, the it was not flesh and blood that revealed it to him, but the spirit of God, but shortly afterwards he said something else, and it not the Spirit of God but the flesh that revealed it to him.

So I expect that at some point you'd begin to realize this as well concerning the revelations you receive, that's if you've not already, so that you'd be able to tell which was truly of God or not.

More Spirit bro.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by Nephilim: 4:11pm On Jan 20, 2021
sholay2011:

Nice thread!

But on the issue of the sons of God, I am of different opinion and I stand with bro Nnamdiosu. The scripture made us realize that there were Giants in those days. Giants are not of ordinary size and measure like we normal humans, that is to say that the DNA and the genetic codes somewhere, somehow has been tweaked and twisted.

If you say it refers to the children of Seth, tell me how pure can their bloodline be in comparison to the blood of Christ and spirit of sonship that we received to be called sons of God yet we didn't give birth to giants, or are we not all from Adam!

God had to wipe off the whole earth just because of the corrupted flesh that had entered the earth which was entirely different from the one He created.
Sodom and Gomorrah only had their cities destroyed not the rest of the world unlike in the days of the giants. God had to do a total cleansing.

The angels (sons of God) that corrupted the earth were bound and cast into tartarus, they were not thrown to hell or hades!

There are lots of instances to this.

Don't forget that there have been wars over and over through the centuries yet the world didn't end, but The Covid-19 vaccine, rfid microchip and others that are soon going to be introduced are meant to corrupt the human DNA and change human to what God didn't made, and that's why the world won't last long more than it's has been cos God will destroy it, and that's why you've been hearing stories of the end of the world etc.

The scripture is quiet silent on the stories of the giants world and doesn't elaborate cos it's not something we are not to focus on which may raise our curiosity and lead us into things we are not to involve of ourselves in!

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nephilim:
Nice thread!

But on the issue of the sons of God, I am of different opinion and I stand with bro Nnamdiosu. The scripture made us realize that there were Giants in those days. Giants are not of ordinary size and measure like we normal humans, that is to say that the DNA and the genetic codes somewhere, somehow has been tweaked and twisted.

If you say it refers to the children of Seth, tell me how pure can their bloodline be in comparison to the blood of Christ and spirit of sonship that we received to be called sons of God yet we didn't give birth to giants.
Thanks for your response bro.

It's important we simply read from the bible, not into the bible. Genesis 6:4 reads: "There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown." Let me shock you: the giants or Nephilims (funny that's your username here...lol) were not actually the result of the sexual interaction between 'sons of God' and daughters of men. If it were so, we would not have giants on earth after God wiped out the earth with flood.

Now open your bible to Numbers 13, when the 12 spies were sent to spy the land of Canaan. They saw the descendants of Anak there which resulted in fear by 10 of them except Caleb and Joshua. Numbers 13:32-33 reads: "And they gave the children of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature. There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.

The 'giants' in Numbers 13 are also Nephilims (check the biblical references). So, are you saying God forgot to totally wipe them out? Or angels again had sexual intercourse with daughters of men? Hell no. The truth is the men in those times especially in Genesis 6 were different from the human beings now. I mean many lived up to 900 years! I won't be surprised if Seth or Adam were at least 8 feet. Please go to 1 Samuel 17, there is the story of another popular giant there called Goliath. 2 Chronicles 11:22-23 talked about Benaiah killing a likely 'giant' as well.

In conclusion, nephilims (or giants) as strange as they were, were not a result of any angelic interaction with daughters of men. We shouldn't have heard of them after Genesis 6 if this was true.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Nice take concerning the journey of Abraham's faith walk with God.

Although I believe Abraham was willing to obey God from the onset, however he had his own struggles, doubts, frustrations, setbacks, just like we also do in ours. But he was willing so God gave him the grace to become obedient to His Word.

His story was one of those which really prepared my walk with God, as I hence knew from the onset that I had to be patient with God, considering how long people like him waited on God for the fulfilment of the promise He made to them, hence I started praying for patience from then.

Concerning the sons of God and daughters of men, I share your view that the fallen angels couldn't have possibly had sex with the daughters of men. However I disagree with your position that they were the descendants of Seth. The most realistic and feasible scenario for me is that the fallen angels used the bodies of men to achieve that purpose. In other words they possessed men's bodies, and thereby gave the men the power to produce such offsprings which they ordinarily wouldn't have been able to do.

As for the revelations of the Spirit of God, it's something that increases the closer one draws to God. I can remember when the revelations began to come to me, I would be jumping in my room, running and shouting. Like wow! It was really amazing. However overtime I have realized that not everything I received was from the Spirit of God, some came from the flesh/men, so there are some things I believed at the time that I have put aside.

I think it was a similar thing that happen to Simon Peter who said something and Jesus told him, the it was not flesh and blood that revealed it to him, but the spirit of God, but shortly afterwards he said something else, and it not the Spirit of God but the flesh that revealed it to him.

So I expect that at some point you'd begin to realize this as well concerning the revelations you receive, that's if you've not already, so that you'd be able to tell which was truly of God or not.

More Spirit bro.

God bless.
Thanks for your feedback bro. I am very careful of what I receive by His grace. Except you are eager to dissect scriptures for vain glory, flesh shouldn't even be teaching us scriptures. The Holy Spirit is the Author. The most amazing ones are those that are simply on the pages, not the ones where you're trying to read meanings into the bible.

What you mentioned as the most realistic scenario is an assumption but either way, it was the evil ancestral line from Cain that interacted with those from Seth in my opinion, whether they were possessed by fallen angels or not. Most people just isolate a Chapter in the bible to study or read but once you read the preceding chapters, everything actually makes contextual sense. And not that it means much at all, but Bro Gbile Akanni actually arrived at the same conclusion of chapter 6. I was also hesitant but I was sure of God's voice, until the next day I just logged into a Gboko program randomly and that was exactly what he mentioned while teaching an entirely different topic. That's one of the ways God confirms what He has taught me. Few days after, another man of God randomly asked that question in a School of Ministry class and this was the answer he eventually gave because most thought they were angels (though not me, while my own study was independent from all these). This is not to say people cannot be wrong (far from it), even so-called teachers of the Word but we can always read Genesis 4 to 6 straight again.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by Nephilim: 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2021
sholay2011:

Thanks for your response bro.

It's important we simply read from the bible, not into the bible. Genesis 6:4 reads: "There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown." Let me shock you: the giants or Nephilims (funny that's your username here...lol) were not actually the result of the sexual interaction between 'sons of God' and daughters of men. If it were so, we would not have giants on earth after God wiped out the earth with flood.

Now open your bible to Numbers 13, when the 12 spies were sent to spy the land of Canaan. They saw the descendants of Anak there which resulted in fear by 10 of them except Caleb and Joshua. Numbers 13:32-33 reads: "And they gave the children of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature. There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.

The 'giants' in Numbers 13 are also Nephilims (check the biblical references). So, are you saying God forgot to totally wipe them out? Or angels again had sexual intercourse with daughters of men? Hell no. The truth is the men in those times especially in Genesis 6 were different from the human beings now. I mean many lived up to 900 years! I won't be surprised if Seth or Adam were at least 8 feet. Please go to 1 Samuel 17, there is the story of another popular giant there called Goliath. 2 Chronicles 11:22-23 talked about Benaiah killing a likely 'giant' as well.

In conclusion, nephilims (or giants) as strange as they were, were not a result of any angelic interaction with daughters of men. We shouldn't have heard of them after Genesis 6 if this was true.
someone of 6feet cannot look like a grasshopper in the face of someone that is 8feet! They were like grasshoppers because they were probably 20 or 30feet and above compared to them! Do we still have giants like that on earth? No!

Yes some of them might have escape the flood, they are offspring of angels with high physical and spiritual intelligence! That's why I said the scripture didn't really elaborate on that matter, and yet when they were spotted again by the children of Israel God decree deaths upon them cos He doesn't want them to pollute the earth.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nephilim:
someone of 6feet cannot look like a grasshopper in the face of someone that is 8feet! They were like grasshoppers because they were probably 20 or 30feet and above compared to them! Do we still have giants like that on earth? No!

Yes some of them might have escape the flood, they are offspring of angels with high physical and spiritual intelligence! That's why I said the scripture didn't really elaborate on that matter, and yet when they were spotted again by the children of Israel God decree deaths upon them cos He doesn't want them to pollute the earth.
Your first paragraph contradicts what you previously wrote. You intended Genesis 6 resulted in giants. Now you realize they existed after Genesis 6 in the scriptures after God wiped the whole earth with flood (except Noah and his family). And Goliath was 6 cubits and a span (which is 9 feet, 9 inches), not 6 feet (in case you're also referring to that).
Well, to each his own but if you read my previous post with an open heart, you will see my point. And you just said some of them might have escaped the flood...the bible never said so.
First the bible never said they had high spiritual intelligence. Please provide the chapter and verse. They were simply referred to as mighty men and men of renown in Genesis 6:4. David's men were also called mighty men in the same bible.

Genesis 7:20-21 says: "The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man."
So, what do you mean by some nephilims escaped the flood? Bro...every man on earth died except Noah and his family. Don't say what the bible is not saying.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by Nephilim: 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2021
sholay2011:
Your first paragraph contradicts what you previously wrote. You intended Genesis 6 resulted in giants. Now you realize they existed after Genesis 6 in the scriptures after God wiped the whole earth with flood (except Noah and his family). And Goliath was 6 cubits and a span (which is 9 feet, 9 inches), not 6 feet (in case you're also referring to that).
Well, to each his own but if you read my previous post with an open heart, you will see my point. And you just said some of them might have escaped the flood...the bible never said so.
First the bible never said they had high spiritual intelligence. Please provide the chapter and verse. They were simply referred to as mighty men and men of renown in Genesis 6:4. David's men were also called mighty men in the same bible.

Genesis 7:20-21 says: "The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man."
So, what do you mean by some nephilims escaped the flood? Bro...every man on earth died except Noah and his family. Don't say what the bible is not saying.
I didn't contradict myself, I told you quite frankly the scripture is quite silent on that story! You may think all you read in the scripture was all that is to it, but no, there are more to it! Anyway hold on to what you believe and sail on!

And as long as the scripture doesn't elaborate on it, there's no point thinking you have the best version of the story excerpt from the scripture!

As it is written "in those days there were giants on the earth"
Thanks.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nephilim:
I didn't contradict myself, I told you quite frankly the scripture is quite silent on that story! You may think all you read in the scripture was all that is to it, but no, there are more to it! Anyway hold on to what you believe and sail on!

And as long as the scripture doesn't elaborate on it, there's no point thinking you have the best version of the story excerpt from the scripture!

As it is written "in those days there were giants on the earth"
Thanks.
@the emboldened...Which is what I've been stating sir. Nonetheless, I appreciate your contributions and perspective. Please keep visiting the thread.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
Let me share something brief from Genesis 11:

The place where the men on earth as at then built the Tower of Babel in Genesis 11 is called Land of Shinar (Genesis 11:2). This is actually the same place that was later called Babylon in the book of Daniel! Check Daniel 1:1-2.

Genesis 11 signifies the birth of Babylon, a city that was borne out of and constantly symbolized the rebellion of man against God. Hence, God always used Babylon to symbolize a rebellious or evil city that would receive God's judgment in the end of times as stated in Revelation 17:4-5 and Revelation 18:1-8. Jerusalem on the other hand is a city that symbolized a city God dwells and eventually has complete authority as that was where Pentecost took place: a reconciliation between the Holy Spirit and men in Acts 2. No wonder, in Revelation 21:1-2, the scriptures talk about the New Jerusalem.
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
sholay2011:

Thanks for your feedback bro. I am very careful of what I receive by His grace. Except you are eager to dissect scriptures for vain glory, flesh shouldn't even be teaching us scriptures. The Holy Spirit is the Author. The most amazing ones are those that are simply on the pages, not the ones where you're trying to read meanings into the bible.

What you mentioned as the most realistic scenario is an assumption but either way, it was the evil ancestral line from Cain that interacted with those from Seth in my opinion, whether they were possessed by fallen angels or not. Most people just isolate a Chapter in the bible to study or read but once you read the preceding chapters, everything actually makes contextual sense. And not that it means much at all, but Bro Gbile Akanni actually arrived at the same conclusion of chapter 6. I was also hesitant but I was sure of God's voice, until the next day I just logged into a Gboko program randomly and that was exactly what he mentioned while teaching an entirely different topic. That's one of the ways God confirms what He has taught me. Few days after, another man of God randomly asked that question in a School of Ministry class and this was the answer he eventually gave because most thought they were angels (though not me, while my own study was independent from all these). This is not to say people cannot be wrong (far from it), even so-called teachers of the Word but we can always read Genesis 4 to 6 straight again.
It's all good bro. We can't always agree on everything. Whenever the sons of God was used in the Bible prior to the coming of Christ it was shown to be angels not humans, and most agree with that opinion, so that's not an assumption but a clearly scriptural view.

But then since the sons of God are definitely angels and not humans, how did they achieve that since they cannot sleep with women as you said. That's how I arrived at that position which is in my opinion the most reasonable since humans can sleep with women and angels who are spirits can possess humans.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by sholay2011(m): 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
It's all good bro. We can't always agree on everything. Whenever the sons of God was used in the Bible prior to the coming of Christ it was shown to be angels not humans, and most agree with that opinion, so that's not an assumption but a clearly scriptural view.

But then since the sons of God are definitely angels and not humans, how did they achieve that since they cannot sleep with women as you said. That's how I arrived at that position which is in my opinion the most reasonable since humans can sleep with women and angels who are spirits can possess humans.

Thanks and God bless.
Thanks brother.
I also thought so that sons of God only referred to angels in the Old Testament but if we look carefully, it is also used for a set of people God has called out to Himself:

Psalm 2:7: "I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." This is David talking.

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2021
sholay2011:

Thanks brother.
I also thought so that sons of God only referred to angels in the Old Testament but if we look carefully, it is also used for a set of people God has called out to Himself:

Psalm 2:7: "I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." This is David talking.

I think you're mixing up two different things. Before the coming of Christ, God could call anyone or group of persons as such His son, as was clearly shown by the instance of Israel who were a people but God called them His son not sons. But "sons of God" was only used for those fallen angels who were once in the kingdom of God in heaven, and those who entered into the kingdom of God on Earth after Jesus had made the way. They were actually the ones the last place you quoted spoke of.

Another clear proof that those called sons of God weren't just mortal men was the result of their affairs with the earthly women. They gave birth to giants which showed that it was a deviation from the norm and gave credence to the believe that it wasn't humans but fallen angels, because men wouldn't give birth to giants but men like themselves. But only giants could give birth to giants and fallen angels have the stature of giants. Moreover it wasn't until that unusual thing was said to have taken place that it happened.

That's how I see it.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
Nephilim:

Brother, this comment is wrong “ Yes some of them might have escape the flood, they are offspring of angels with high physical and spiritual intelligence!”

1 Like

Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by Nephilim: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2021
ejibaba:

Brother, this comment is wrong “ Yes some of them might have escape the flood, they are offspring of angels with high physical and spiritual intelligence!”
brother, why did you say so?
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by Mindblowing(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2021
Good and awesome quote, good day sholay. I write to you because I need your in some areas and I will be so glad if we have a private chat via WhatsApp, i ve sent few mails, still pending though but i need you to please respond to my message in this regard. 09099407484, i await your reply, thanks. quote author=sholay2011 post=97169125]Hello everyone. I will be sharing some personal revelations from the Word of God that the Holy Spirit taught me for the past 8 months or so, that have just changed my life.

Hebrews 4:12 says "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

The word of God is our RULER (for measurement) in Christianity. There is no anointing that will be upon you that will make you say the Spirit told you specially that Sarah is actually the mother of Abraham, for example. Anything and everything the Holy Spirit would direct you to do will not contradict the scriptures. I will be sharing few things the Holy Ghost revealed to me from the word. He is indeed the greatest Teacher.

Let's go![/quote]
Re: Revelations From The Bible (by The Holy Spirit) by 2Lynx(m): 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2021
sholay2011:

Thanks brother.
.[/b]"
As much as I enjoy great insight from this..i would love to pint out something about the sons of God being referred to in Genesis 6, if you check some bible that comes with thise little glossaries underneath them..you will see something like the 1st picture frame, and you know that every scripture of the Bible were written (the old testament) first in Aramaic and Hebrew and the writers wrote as instructed by the Spirit of God, so if the bible were in its true form I am sure the words were going to be "the angelic sons of God" and in verse 4, the nephlims, means the descendants of the fellers or fallen in Hebrew, as if all this were written like this in it's true form(Hebrew) by the HolySpirit what's there to dispute, the translation distorted a lot of words and meaning.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

China Banned Jehovah Witness Because They Have Extremist And Radicalist Tendenc. / Quran 9:31muslims, The Quran Calls Jesus And Allah Gods. D'you Agree With Islam? / Mummy G.O At It Again!names 7 Popular Nigerian Churches That Won’t Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 236
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.