Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

Black Women With Caucasian Hair. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Black Women With Caucasian Hair. (7243 Views)

Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” / Video Tutorial : Download Free Makeup Tutorial For Black Women / Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by redsun(m): 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2011
Why don't black women feel beautiful without wigs and disposed oyinbos hair? A black man with artificial curly hair obviosly come accross as awkward and disillusioned but blackwomen just find it normal looking like caricatures.WHY?
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by EnuguUkwu: 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2011
waste of space. when next you see one. ask her.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by redsun(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2011
What is ur idea of use of space and relevance?Gej i guess. This is a fundamental case of inferiority complex that must be addressed,just like so many other black lost causes.Black women natural must see d light,sampled and adorned once again.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Poster
There is nothing strange about black women with "white" hair, they are plenty plenty here in Brasil. Its when they are fake that is the problem because you will never know what that women REALLY looks like until you married her and had a few kids by her.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Mcleo007(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

waste of space. when next you see one. ask her.

Hey, dis is wrong!

@op, its a deep sense of complex. Hw many oyibo ladies do u find weaving their hair? This case is similar to black men who, while conversing with a white man slurs their accent to sound like a whitey. That's S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ disgusting!
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2011
Mcleo007:

Hey, dis is wrong!

@op, its a deep sense of complex. Hw many oyibo ladies do u find weaving their hair? This case is similar to black men who, while conversing with a white man slurs their accent to sound like a whitey. That's S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ disgusting!

Quite a few actually. The reason no one notices is because the texture of the weave matches their natural hair. Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, and Miley Cyrus are just a few white American celebs to mention. If black women wore weaves that were subtle and blended in with their hair, we'd be wondering how many of them wear them. It's because so many go for blue, purple, orange, 6-feet high, and all these other foreign styles that it's easy to label the hair as fake.

Lol @ black men slurring to sound white. You'd be surprised. Some AA's simply sound like that. I do, kind of unfortunate, but I do. He was probably raised in a better neighborhood and attended better schools compared to some of his counterparts.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by MrsChima(f): 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2011
OMG! shocked shocked shocked

We went from "white" people hair to "white" people voice? The hell? There are white people in the States that sound as though if their parents were black and they live in Upper Class neighborhoods. They were not adopted nor displaced. Their parents is whiter than Snow White and yet if you close your eyes you would have sworn it was a black man or woman you have spoken to according to what people say black people "sound".

How you sound vocally does not have anything to do with which neighborhood you are from or where you went to school. George Bush Jr for an example.

He was a President of United of America twice and went to an Ivy League primary and secondary school. He is oyinbo and his family are social elites. He talks though as if he was born yesterday with a cleft and dumb as Bleep.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by ShyOne(f): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2011
ogugua88:

Quite a few actually. The reason no one notices is because the texture of the weave matches their natural hair. Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, and Miley Cyrus are just a few white American celebs to mention. If black women wore weaves that were subtle and blended in with their hair, we'd be wondering how many of them wear them. It's because so many go for blue, purple, orange, 6-feet high, and all these other foreign styles that it's easy to label the hair as fake.

Lol @ black men slurring to sound white. You'd be surprised. Some AA's simply sound like that. I do, kind of unfortunate, but I do. He was probably raised in a better neighborhood and attended better schools compared to some of his counterparts.

Every syllable that dropped from your lips is SPOT ON!!!!!

Very, very correct.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by ShyOne(f): 9:45pm On Mar 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

OMG! shocked shocked shocked

We went from "white" people hair to "white" people voice? The hell? There are white people in the States that sound as though if their parents were black and they live in Upper Class neighborhoods. They were not adopted nor displaced. Their parents is whiter than Snow White and yet if you close your eyes you would have sworn it was a black man or woman you have spoken to according to what people say black people "sound".

How you sound vocally does not have anything to do with which neighborhood you are from or where you went to school. George Bush Jr for an example.

He was a President of United of America twice and went to an Ivy League primary and secondary school. He is oyinbo and his family are social elites. He talks though as if he was born yesterday with a cleft and dumb as bleep.

I completely agree Mrs. C.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by desholah(m): 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2011
OP.
No idea undecided
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by ababda: 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
redsun:

Why don't black women feel beautiful without wigs and disposed oyinbos hair? A black man with artificial curly hair obviosly come accross as awkward and disillusioned but blackwomen just find it normal looking like caricatures.WHY?

There is no such thing as black people hair or white people hair, there is only human hair wink. It ranges from coarse, straight, curly or wavy or mixture of the textures. I am from northern sudan, and i see people both dark and light with all kinds of different hair textures. I also understand certain ethnicities in mainly northern nigeria exhibit these same charactistics as well. Here are some examples.

Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by ababda: 11:22pm On Mar 26, 2011
More examples.

Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by ababda: 11:24pm On Mar 26, 2011
There is only hair textures, not black people hair or white people hair, but different texture hair, which varies among people.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by redsun(m): 12:01am On Mar 27, 2011
I don't care whether my naughty woman is bald,as long as she is beautiful from the inside,reasonable and with some relatively presentable features,she is mine.All that is good in something is good,

Hair is just one of the non vital features of the body,it is more of cosmetics than essential for survival.Africans get to tune in themselves and show their beauty,relevance and intelligence,we are made live not to exist sparsely.Our reality is our existence and it has to be in our control all time.

Everything we do,we have to copy oyinbos,we speak like the oyinbos,eat like the oyinbos,dress like the oyinbos,worship like the oyinbos and even think like oyinbos,one way thinking.We do things as if oyinbos are destined to be better than us.We always have to impose curses on our selves as a people,that we can't be good enough.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by InkedNerd(f): 6:25am On Mar 27, 2011
@OP: There are actually black non-African women who have naturally wavyish/straight hair. As a matter of fact, here's a natural hair blog that I frequent. They owner of the site once featured an African American woman who had what you described as "caucasian hair" >>> http://bglhonline.com/2010/12/reflections-of-a-wavy-haired-natural/.

ababda:

There is no such thing as black people hair or white people hair, there is only human hair wink. It ranges from coarse, straight, curly or wavy or mixture of the textures. I am from northern sudan, and i see people both dark and light with all kinds of different hair textures. I also understand certain ethnicities in mainly northern nigeria exhibit these same charactistics as well. Here are some examples.

Well said.
redsun:

I don't care whether my naughty woman is bald,as long as she is beautiful from the inside,reasonable and with some relatively presentable features,she is mine.All that is good in something is good,

Hair is just one of the non vital features of the body,it is more of cosmetics than essential for survival.Africans get to tune in themselves and show their beauty,relevance and intelligence,we are made live not to exist sparsely.Our reality is our existence and it has to be in our control all time.

Everything we do,we have to copy oyinbos,we speak like the oyinbos,eat like the oyinbos,dress like the oyinbos,worship like the oyinbos and even think like oyinbos,one way thinking.We do things as if oyinbos are destined to be better than us.We always have to impose curses on our selves as a people,that we can't be good enough.

Yupp, its sad that there are actually people out there who believe that they are inferior to white people just because of their skin color or hair texture.

Mrs.Chima:

OMG!  shocked shocked shocked

We went from "white" people hair to "white" people voice?  The hell?  There are white people in the States that sound as though if their parents were black and they live in Upper Class neighborhoods.  They were not adopted nor displaced.  Their parents is whiter than Snow White and yet if you close your eyes you would have sworn it was a black man or woman you have spoken to according to what people say black people "sound".

How you sound vocally does not have anything to do with which neighborhood you are from or where you went to school.  George Bush Jr for an example. 

He was a President of United of America twice and went to an Ivy League primary and secondary school.  He is oyinbo and his family are social elites.  He talks though as if he was born yesterday with a cleft and dumb as bleep. 

Lmao, you said a mouth full  grin

ogugua88:

As usual, well said smiley

Mcleo007:

Hey, dis is wrong!

If you don't think white women wear weaves then I think you might need a reality check. Take a good look around you and you'll see that a lot of the have weaves as well. Weaves are not just a thing of the black community.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by MrsChima(f): 6:45am On Mar 27, 2011
It used to be a thing of the past where men in general would rake their hand through a white girl's hair without thinking that she has tracks buried in her scalp nowadays that time have changed and white women are having hair problems because of A, B, C reasons.  They are now turning to wigs and weaves that ONCE were a thing for black women. 

There is a white woman who is a star on Real Housewives of Atlanta for those who are in the States may know who I am talking about she goes by the name Kim Zolciak and she wears a taped wig.  The taped wig is where a woman would wear the full head wig taped to the edge of her face to "hold" the wig in place. 

She does everything in the wig even bathes with the wig on.  She claims that she has some hair condition that prevents her from showing her actual hair but I hear BLACK MEN in general make statements that I find to be premature as if black women are the only one that has a hair "issue". 

I was at a function and the host announced that the women with real hair please stand up.  Now mind you this was a professional event and people of high stature were in attendance. The host was a black man and women of color stood up and flaunt their REAL HAIR and the look on the host and white women faces were [bPRICELESS[/b].
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by InkedNerd(f): 6:51am On Mar 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

It used to be a thing of the past where men in general would rake their hand through a white girl's hair without thinking that she has tracks buried in her scalp nowadays that time have changed and white women are having hair problems because of A, B, C reasons.  They are now turning to wigs and weaves that ONCE were a thing for black women. 

There is a white woman who is a star on Real Housewives of Atlanta for those who are in the States may know who I am talking about she goes by the name Kim Zolciak and she wears a taped wig.  The taped wig is where a woman would wear the full head wig taped to the edge of her face to "hold" the wig in place.

She does everything in the wig even bathes with the wig on.  She claims that she has some hair condition that prevents her from showing her actual hair but I hear BLACK MEN in general make statements that I find to be premature as if black women are the only one that has a hair "issue". 

I was at a function and the host announced that the women with real hair please stand up.  Now mind you this was a professional event and people of high stature were in attendance. The host was a black man and women of color stood up and flaunt their REAL HAIR and the look on the host and white women faces were [bPRICELESS[/b].

Let 'em know. Zolciak is the queen of wigs!!! tongue

Hell, even John Travolta wears lace fronts!! grin
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 27, 2011
It's called a wig
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 27, 2011
black women with naturally caucasian hair tend to look a bit weird, imo.  even when pretty. Or maybe it's just me sha. I could be wrong.

i've seen a few like that, with straight, long hair.

The hair will look beautiful but somehow not really matching the features.

i dont know if such people might be descended from melanasians or something. Or tuaregs.

imo, the weaves/wigs look much better, if someone has to go that route.

most subsaharan africans [or nigerians] with naturally straight long hair [like the fulani], tend to weave it, so maybe that's what i'm used to.

black hair is suited to black people's appearance.

just my two cents, not set in stone.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by MrsChima(f): 7:07am On Mar 27, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Let 'em know. Zolciak is the queen of wigs!!! tongue

Hell, even John Travolta wears lace fronts!! grin

Girl! You lying on Johnny! He's bald headed for real? Damn. I guess that Saturday Night Fever was too much for his head huh?

Then again Michael Jackson was the KING of wigs. He appeared at a televised function where he was thrilling too hard and that wig jumped back. I saw it. I was like damn how did his forehead bigger after five minutes previous of seeing a smaller forehead? Plus his hairline isn't that far back so I could tell if he had on a wig or a piece.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 27, 2011
wigs are nothing compared to the jerri curl era?

could have powered a motorcar with that oil slick emanating from our lovely brothers heads.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by MrsChima(f): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2011
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by InkedNerd(f): 7:20am On Mar 27, 2011
tpiah!:

black women with naturally caucasian hair tend to look a bit weird, imo.  even when pretty. Or maybe it's just me sha. I could be wrong.

i've seen a few like that, with straight, long hair.

The hair will look beautiful but somehow not really matching the features.

i dont know if such people might be descended from melanasians or something. Or tuaregs.

imo, the weaves/wigs look much better, if someone has to go that route.

most subsaharan africans [or nigerians] with naturally straight long hair [like the fulani], tend to weave it, so maybe that's what i'm used to.

black hair is suited to black people's appearance.

just my two cents, not set in stone.

Ewww weaves!!! tongue
Despite what we've all been conditioned to believe, very few people on earth have naturally straight hair [especially white people].

Mrs.Chima:

Girl! You lying on Johnny!  He's bald headed for real?  Damn.  I guess that Saturday Night Fever was too much for his head huh?

Then again Michael Jackson was the KING of wigs.  He appeared at a televised function where he was thrilling too hard and that wig jumped back.  I saw it.  I was like damn how did his forehead bigger after five minutes previous of seeing a smaller forehead?  Plus his hairline isn't that far back so I could tell if he had on a wig or a piece. 

Lmao damn, you didn't know?!?! Take a close look Chima. If you ever see re-runs of the Wendy Williams show, if they talk about Travolta's weird hairline, make sure you pay extra attention. Girl, they had a series of pics one time and it was funny as hell. Nicolas Cage has one too. Didn't you notice his hairline is always shifting? grin

Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 27, 2011
the op himself might need a weave someday.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by MrsChima(f): 8:06am On Mar 27, 2011
INKIE!

That was cold! You ain't had to write on the man's head! Yeah I see that lace and that big arse mole on his forehead too.

Nicholas Cage is a weird little white boy. He would always scratch his head but I thought he has bad dandruff and psoriasis. What the hell is going on with these men and lace fronts?

Reality do me a favor and do the bankhead bounce real fast. I need to check something.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by InkedNerd(f): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

INKIE!

That was cold! You ain't had to write on the man's head! Yeah I see that lace and that big arse mole on his forehead too.

Nicholas Cage is a weird little white boy. He would always scratch his head but I thought he has bad dandruff and psoriasis. What the hell is going on with these men and lace fronts?

Reality do me a favor and do the bankhead bounce real fast. I need to check something.

Lmao, I didn't write on the man's dome. I found the pic like that grin

Anyway, back to Nicky. . . That is one UGLY mofo!!! tongue The man looks nasty as hell undecided [just my opinion].
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2011
Don't forget Bret Michaels and his hair plugs. It's funny how people think Caucasians have perfect hair. In my opinion, a lot of them struggle with flat, thin hair that's not versatile. I always laugh at Caucasians and Asians that complain of their hair being too straight and not being able to hold a curl. Mean of me, but I do. It's funny as hell.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by InkedNerd(f): 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2011
ogugua88:

Don't forget Bret Michaels and his hair plugs. It's funny how people think Caucasians have perfect hair. In my opinion, a lot of them struggle with flat, thin hair that's not versatile. I always laugh at Caucasians and Asians that complain of their hair being too straight and not being able to hold a curl. Mean of me, but I do. It's funny as hell.

Hehehe, you know Aisians don't actually have straight hair. Majority of them have semi-curly/wavy hair. I once knew an Asian girl who said that Asians have the best hair in the world and I was like "Huh, wtf?? Since when?" As for white people, I laugh too at times. Especially when I see them straightening the ish out of their hair.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by THEAMAKA(f): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2011
the majority of the Asians i know naturally have straight hair. i believe asians (including many indians) naturally have straight hair. white people on the other hand, their hair is naturally like straw aka utter crap. lol
anyway, as for the person that mentioned northern sudan. i dont believe the people in northern sudan are black. black is more than just a skin color. i believe the peeps in northern sudan are arabic, or of Arabic extraction? yes, many arabians have dark brown to black skin. after all, they live in one of the hottest places on Earth. but i dont believe the skin color of the northern sudanese is enough to call them "BLACK" i seriously doubt they are NEGROID (if i am to make my point more clear)
@Inked_Nerd, well then again African Americans are mixed. we know many of them have native american and white blood in them, even the darkest ones. so, i guess YES she is African American, but they are all mixed.
and HELL YEAH white women wear weaves, i see it all the time. i live near a "white-people" hair salon and every time i drive or walk by, there are so many women inside getting weaves sewn into their heads. lol the only reason why most people wont be able to tell is because they are getting the same hair texture and color as their actual hair.
weaves is not a "black" thing, its just that black women overdo it.
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by InkedNerd(f): 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2011
THE AMAKA:

the majority of the Asians i know naturally have straight hair. i believe asians (including many indians) naturally have straight hair. white people on the other hand, their hair is naturally like straw aka utter crap. lol
anyway, as for the person that mentioned northern sudan. i dont believe the people in northern sudan are black. black is more than just a skin color. i believe the peeps in northern sudan are arabic, or of Arabic extraction? yes, many arabians have dark brown to black skin. after all, they live in one of the hottest places on Earth. but i dont believe the skin color of the northern sudanese is enough to call them "BLACK" i seriously doubt they are NEGROID (if i am to make my point more clear)
@Inked_Nerd, well then again African Americans are mixed. we know many of them have native american and white blood in them, even the darkest ones. so, i guess YES she is African American, but they are all mixed.
and HELL YEAH white women wear weaves, i see it all the time. i live near a "white-people" hair salon and every time i drive or walk by, there are so many women inside getting weaves sewn into their heads. lol the only reason why most people wont be able to tell is because they are getting the same hair texture and color as their actual hair.
weaves is not a "black" thing, its just that black women overdo it.

Although many African Americans have some kind of caucasian mixture in their lineage, less than 1% of the African American population actually has Native American lineage. For whatever reason, there was more mixing between caucasians than there were with Native Americans. I found that a bit odd until I found out why. When you said "She is African American", who where you referring to?

Yes, I agree--some women go overboard on the weave thing. It's crazy--especially with the lace fronts tongue
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by Araboy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
I don't understand why black women have to spend the equivalent of an African nation gross domestic income just to straighten up their hair Myself I hate wigs and I feel more attracted to black women who wear their natural hair especially when short and nappy
Re: Black Women With Caucasian Hair. by THEAMAKA(f): 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Although many African Americans have some kind of caucasian mixture in their lineage, less than 1% of the African American population actually has Native American lineage. For whatever reason, there was more mixing between caucasians than there were with Native Americans. I found that a bit odd until I found out why. When you said "She is African American", who where you referring to?

Yes, I agree--some women go overboard on the weave thing. It's crazy--especially with the lace fronts tongue

i mean the blog of the AA girl that you posted. she is African American, yes, but all of them are mixed. hmmmmm, and i was led to believe that at least half of the AAs in America have Native American blood. i guess i was wrong. but yeah, the lace wig things are horrible. have you watched any Nollywood movies of recent? you wont even be able to focus on the storyline because the awful and tacky hair is so distracting. i miss the old sew-in weaves, they look so much more natural than that lace-wig crap. "if you cannot wear it right, then dont wear it at all." thats my motto.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Nail Polish Brand Last Long? / Buy All Your Herbal Cosmetics/cosmetic Ingredients!!! / Old Ones Can Swag As Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.