Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

How Do You Manage Your Anger? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Manage Your Anger? (4730 Views)

Of Anger And Shame In Africa / How Do You Manage Anger? / Time Is Money. Do You Manage Your Time Well? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by olamipo200(f): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2007
i simply walk away and then find someone or something to make me laugh. laughter is good for the soul you know
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by Njoy1(f): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2007
Get whatever it is that is buggin me out in the open, and take a long walk whilst listening to music. Music really helps to calm me down.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by Soundmind(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2007
If i am angry, i do not talk. I will start reading even what i did not want to read or go where i will chat with friends. Atimes, i play music but it does not calm me down as fast as reading.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by Everbright(f): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2007
I speak
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by romeo(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2007
by breaking people's heads, especially fine chicks
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by champredd(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2007
romeo:

by breaking people's heads, especially fine chicks
You need to go in for anger mgt, you might also check aro
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by romeo(m): 10:38am On Jul 11, 2007
champredd:

You need to go in for anger mgt, you might also check aro

what is "aro"??
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by viee(f): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2007
i talk about something else.
cant just stay angry for long
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by champredd(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2007
romeo:

what is "aro"??
or Yaba.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by ristic(f): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2007
i speak or grumble till the person involve knows what he/she did wrong, and after voicing out i have forgoten what made me angry earlier.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by ebos(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2007
I will have a zero thought for any action immediately when you provoke me, but after 20 minutes when I might have gone, then the anger will come to me that I must find it dificult to talk. The next thing is to come back looking for the person, and at that point in time, I can do anything. I will be searching for the peoson, thinking why I allowed him to go. But, if it take a day before seeing you, is gone. This is when i'm angry with outsiders.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by tonib(f): 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2007
depending on the level of my anger,its either i keep quiet and i keep to myself or i walk away if it is a place where i can leave or i call the person(s) involved and vent my anger on the person but ave been trying to work on my anger
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by magneto(m): 12:41pm On Jul 11, 2007
lol at romeo!

as for me, i just remind myself that getting angry won't solve the problem, i'll only be hurting myself more, and that calms me down a bit so i can think rationally. then i either listen to music or engage in any other activity to get my mind busy.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by amaikama(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2007
this may sound weird. when am upset my thought are always abstract. like for example if someone got me upset, i will be thinking if am some kannda of human nature that have some natural power to do the unimaginable like to conquer any obstacle's before me and the one who got me upset will be at the receiving end.

and sometimes i will be imagining had it been am some one grate, someone like this person will not come and be soiling my day.

After such thought, my anger will start to subsides gradually.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by la1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2007
whenever i get mad i play some Jay-z calms me i find, plus i call up my boo she always has the rite words for me,.except shes the cause of my anger at the time which doesnt happen often i shd add,then i jst listen to jigga,call up a few friends and go dinking smiley
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by sparkandy(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2007
Well, If I'm angry, I just listen to classical or jazz music, it helps to pacific me. It is also good to keep the mind blank so as to stop analysing what cursed the anger. Try it, it always works. wink
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by Gheorghe(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2007
depends on the "level" of anger and who is involved - either my girl,family,friends or strangers.

but most times i jus try to be calm and make the offender look like a fool and as far there is no physical

advancement ,we are all safe.my anger lasts only as long as the offender wants it to last and most times i even forget

there was one.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by hola2ng(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2007
depends on the level of anger.
-If it's something that can't be handled -take a walk.
-If it's over someone- do something, keep yourself busy.
-If it's over an issue- keep cool, stay calm. Afterall-silence speaks louder than words
Sometimes littles issues can turn real nasty -one side has to compromise though.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by niceuzor: 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2007
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger?

As for me i control mine by

- Wacting movies like Cartoons,Bestsellers & African show!

-but sometimes when it's hard to control i over-reacted!

then i end it up with prayer's but my mum alway say "My Son you re too hot tamper"

so i pray for God to take it out of me because it's suck.

What about you?
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by Caradona(f): 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2007
When I'm angry. I just have lots of sex.
It calms me down, I guess
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by desertboom(m): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2007
when i'm angry i always love to be alone, if possible listening to music
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by Oracle(m): 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2007
I become automatically quiet, my friends say whenever i'm quiet it means i'm angry or sad.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by olofinjeje: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2007
I think whether the person adds one minute to my life or contributes to my existence- If not I walk away and let it go.In fact Such people rarely anger me or elicit deep emotion from me.

Now if it is someone that matters -NA REAL TROUBLE OH!!! I wait quietly and basically let it fester before venting my spleen and quietly giving you a piece of my mind.Trust me -I do rarely get angry as when I do I can say and do things which have greater repercussion than
what finally made me angry.
Basically my anger is a case of WHEN TROUBLE SLEEP  YANGA GO WAKE AM,
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by Ka: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2007
It's definitely not a good idea to let one's anger remain bottled up.

For example, when I'm angry, I get out my rocket launcher and fire a few grenades into the neighbourhood to let off the anger. After I've levelled a few houses, I find that a great peace and calmness descends upon me.

Of course, what works for me might not work for you.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by dibosa187: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2007
it depends on the cause, I could scold, curse, smile or just keep to myself
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by busygirl(f): 8:06am On Jul 12, 2007
I take my diary and write about what made me angry and I later go to sleep.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by yogun(f): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2007
it's a waste of time & energy gettin angry. i just try 2 keep to ma self wen angry by being alone, listen to music(works like magic!!) or sleep.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by tasiana(m): 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2007
i walk away,take a me time listening to Jazz and reflect before i react.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by iphiedial(f): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2007
Gheorghe:

depends on the "level" of anger and who is involved - either my girl,family,friends or strangers.

but most times i jus try to be calm and make the offender look like a fool and as far there is no physical

advancement ,we are all safe.my anger lasts only as long as the offender wants it to last and most times i even forget

there was one.

U have control over ur anger dear, it doesn't hv 2 last as long as the offender wants it 2.

@poster,
4 me, I decide whether 2 b angry over something or not 2 b. If I decide 2 b, then I wil voice my mind out immediately and then keep quiet nomatter what the offender might say to annoy me the more. But if I don't wanna b angry, I simply smile over it or keep quiet still and allow it 2 fade away.
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by ne4real(f): 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2007
i express myself in words no matter how difficult it is, even if d roof is burning up cos if i don't, the matter wont end, and i then let it go

i cry sometimes 2 ease off d tension

thereafter, i keep 2 myself 4 sometime till i'm calm
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by ebos(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2007
ne4real:

i express myself in words no matter how difficult it is, even if d roof is burning up because if i don't, the matter wont end, and i then let it go

i cry sometimes 2 ease off d tension

thereafter, i keep 2 myself 4 sometime till i'm calm

Then if it is in the compound, the whole street will know you are provked. Good!
Re: How Do You Manage Your Anger? by ne4real(f): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ ebos

of course i'm not a mad girl

expressing myself doesn't mean shouting my brains off !!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strictly For Fl Gators,please Help Ur Brother / Price Of Signage In Abuja, Nigeria / Odd, Insecured And Hateful Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.