Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Advice, Error On Me E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice, Error On Me E-passport (3892 Views)

Torn Passport: Egypt Air Admits Error, To Pay Compensation / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice, Error On Me E-passport by badpeople: 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2011
House, pls there is mistake on e-passport made by passport office, instead of SINA, they typed SHINA, now am applying for a student visa at uk embassy, all my other documents carried the correct name, SINA, its onlly my e-passport and my bank account carrying the mistake SHINA, will uk embassy denied me visa
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by adaqueen1: 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2011
That's not a broblem. Just make sure all your documents are genuine
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by juzme: 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2011
adaqueen1:

Wrong advice. It is a problem. You are to check for error (e.g spelling mistakes) before you take the passport from the issuing authority.
All you need to do is to go back to the issuing authority and identify the mistake. epassport is not like the standard passport because they have your fingerprint. They will crosscheck your application form which i believe you filled online.
they can decide to issue you another passport or print the correct name on the same passport and stamp it.
As for your bank statement that is for you and your bank to correct. Show them the proof of the correct name and let them correct it.
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by JagaJaga1: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
@juzme They cant print the correct name on the passport but rather they issue a new passport with a new passport no. This takes about one week
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by muami(m): 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2011

Really wrong advice. Better take it to the issuing authority to rectify it otherwise you would get a definite refusal.
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by adaqueen1: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2011
@ poster, i'm not trying to mislead you. I was in similar situation in 2008, my maiden name was wrongly spelt on my paspport,, abdulaih instead of abdulahi, I wasn't refused. Maybe i was lucky.
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by anfanio: 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
How would you feel if you were denied visa because of the conflict in your 'identity', sorry I mean your name. You and I know that both are acceptable spellings for the name, stick with one. In my opinion it's easier to get the name on the passport and the bank corrected.
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by badpeople: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2011
Thanks a lot, nairalanders
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by fbiswagger: 5:29am On Mar 29, 2011
bad people:

House, pls there is mistake on e-passport made by passport office, instead of SINA, they typed SHINA, now am applying for a student visa at uk embassy, all my other documents carried the correct name, SINA, its onlly my e-passport and my bank account carrying the mistake SHINA, will uk embassy denied me visa

Your non-nonchalance is why you are in this situation cos when doing an E-Passport, right after the digital capture of your picture / digital capture of your signature, your Data is entered on the computer in the passport office right in front of you and you are shown a screen to confirm your details before the details are finally saved to the server for your passport printing. Am sure your non-nonchalance did not let you spot the difference in your name.
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by eghost247(m): 5:32am On Mar 29, 2011
fbiswagger:

Your non-nonchalance is why you are in this situation cos when doing an E-Passport, right after the digital capture of your picture / digital capture of your signature, your Data is entered on the computer in the passport office right in front of you and you are shown a screen to confirm your details before the details are finally saved to the server for your passport printing. Am sure your non-nonchalance did not let you spot the difference in your name. 
come on we all make mistake u shouldn't spite him for the mistake who knows maybe its not his fault this has happened a lot of times to many people
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by badpeople: 6:16am On Mar 29, 2011
@eghost, thxs my bro,

@fbiswagger, why do you jump into conclusion when you dont even know what went wrong, i proofread at the final stage, in the passport office, there have been cases of after proofread the officials still go ahead to make all these little mistake after printout of the e-passport, so stop jumping on issues,
who rattles your cage?
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by fbiswagger: 6:21am On Mar 29, 2011
bad people:

@eghost, thxs my bro,

@fbiswagger, why do you jump into conclusion when you dont even know what went wrong, i proofread at the final stage, in the passport office, there have been cases of after proofread the officials still go ahead to make all these little mistake after printout of the e-passport, so stop jumping on issues,
who rattles your cage?

If you say you proof-read, then that's ok. Although, I have never heard of the officers making any mistakes after the data has been proof-read by the owner and stored to the server. But its ok.
Re: Advice, Error On Me E-passport by thezionite: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2014
Hello house,

Please i want to apply for a UK business visa, i have gone before but this time i did a change of name, my passport still reflects my old name but expires in April next year, all other documents also reflect my old name except my Salary account bank statement which reflects my new name. The question is do i get a new passport with the new name or do i just submit my personal statement along with my payslips which show the same name on my passport.

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam / German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? / Coming To Kigali Rwanda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.