Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria (64674 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by SoaringLife01: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
Is there any alternative to WorldRemit? A friend want to receive Christmas gift from the US ( monetary ) via WorldRemit, but the sender is having only send airtime option.
Or has CBN put embargo on fund transfer from overseas finally?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
post=97258093:

i am tired .. i av been trying to reach my bank about it but no reply.. this country will always find a way to frustrate someone.. with $1k/month how long will it take for someone to settle and start investing over there?
I can actually say but i know if you have enough savings and continue your online hustle and still earn that amount person month over there, then you are good to go, but still make better confirmation because am not sure.
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
post=97258093:

i am tired .. i av been trying to reach my bank about it but no reply.. this country will always find a way to frustrate someone.. with $1k/month how long will it take for someone to settle and start investing over there?
Guy Nigeria is a dream killer no reason am, if only the useless government can enlighten the youths on how to make good money online and make good agreements with tech gaints like google, paypal and others that will suit the people, that alone will reduce 10% of poverty in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Tats(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
tiamiyukunle69:
Search for Eversend on playstore. Get verified. Fund your wallet using your card abroad. Then send to yourself via the app into your local bank account. Their exchange rate is way better than interbank rates.

Ok, thanks for this information. I will explore it.
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by twosquare(m): 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
grin grin
greggng:

My advice is that people invite their aboki to the bank to ease the changing of the money ...otherwise bank will reduce the worth ...I know say black market is always higher ....don't attempt to go with your dollars cos criminals are not happy this time . N.a. bank go even tell them how much u collected from them. Don't ask me how I know ...I once withdrew money from a bank ...a reputable one for that matter ...immediately I headed home,and as I was opening my door to enter ...behold 6 men gang was already knocking at my door ...I became afraid ....I asked through the window whom they are and they said police ....I was shocked ...I opened the door and the entered and told me they where on patrol so the just wanna greet me...I was surprise with this type of greeting when I just came back from bank ...I understand they followed me from bank ....long story short I gave them drink money and immediately they left I had to go sleep in my sisters place that day ...the next day I travelled for my business...we need to be careful this time
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by 21Bandit: 1:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Laboni:
I think that will be directly to your dom account if you have one.

What if you don't?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Laboni: 7:07am On Dec 21, 2020
21Bandit:

What if you don't?

Then you get one or find who has.
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Laboni: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2020
SoaringLife01:
Is there any alternative to WorldRemit? A friend want to receive Christmas gift from the US ( monetary ) via WorldRemit, but the sender is having only send airtime option.
Why can’t the sender use other money transfer services like western union, money gram, ria or maybe crypto currency?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2020
Systrom:
Do you know the maximum I can receive from world remit. Let’s say my relative in USA wants to send me some dollars to my GTBank domiciliary account.

Can he send up to $30k

Check with your bank
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by obamartins(m): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2020
tiamiyukunle69:
Search for Eversend on playstore. Get verified. Fund your wallet using your card abroad. Then send to yourself via the app into your local bank account. Their exchange rate is way better than interbank rates.

Thanks for this, did it with my UBA USD africard and the funds arrived instantly into my naira account at N441. But their verification no be here o.

1 Like

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by EXLOVER(m): 9:52am On Dec 21, 2020
ibietela2:

Before december 2020 they can send you USD from abroad into your NAIRA account.
now if they send you USD you either go and pick the USD and sell or put it in your DOLLAR DORM account
What are the requirements to open a domi account?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by ineaghe(m): 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
tiamiyukunle69:

Noted
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by tiamiyukunle69(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
Lols.....of cos that is why it's called verification. They are only being wary of scammers

obamartins:

Thanks for this, did it with my UBA USD africard and the funds arrived instantly into my naira account at N441. But their verification no be here o.
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by OYENIYIJK: 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
You can check my signature wink
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by annonygh(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
obamartins:

Please could you drop your contact, I need to get clarification on this please.
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2020
EXLOVER:
What are the requirements to open a domi account?

Go to the bank of your choice and ask
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Scarrr: 7:16am On Dec 23, 2020
tiamiyukunle69:
Lols.....of cos that is why it's called verification. They are only being wary of scammers

boss please, the eversend works same way as Western Union right? I can use it to transfer cash to someone in Nigeria?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2020
Yes sir. You can. Or you send to yourself and then transfer from your bank to the recipient's account

Scarrr:
boss please, the eversend works same way as Western Union right? I can use it to transfer cash to someone in Nigeria?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Scarrr: 11:48am On Dec 23, 2020
tiamiyukunle69:
Yes sir. You can. Or you send to yourself and then transfer from your bank to the recipient's account

thanks boss , really appreciate
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by princeadeyemi11: 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2021
Contact me for peer to peer conversion of both physical currencies and Xrypto currencies at a good rate better than all those platforms listed above. follow @officialadeye_mee. DM is open
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by princeadeyemi11: 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
Contact me for peer to peer conversion of both physical currencies and Xrypto currencies at a good rate better than all those platforms listed above. follow @officialadeye_mee
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Awesomeking: 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
6digitscomrade:
yes very true only in usd u can receive and guess what the banks will never have little denominations so if u don’t av a dom account to pay in their so called pieces u are doomed!
i think you should try firstbank, they have small denominations and if you want it converted to naira before getting paid to you, they do it too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by Awesomeking: 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
SoaringLife01:
Western union or moneygram
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria by victz: 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
bigtt76:
Exactly but a bad policy.

1. It's recognizing the black market and legit helping to channel forex there.

2. The black market would get saturated at a point in time because no business man or woman would go there to source forex for business and the black marketers would not sell to the banks at the CBN rate

3. Naira in circulation would be mopped up at a point in time resulting in the dollarization of the economy (no one would want tk be paid in naira)

4. At the end of the day, beneficiaries would have no option but to exchange with the banks or hoard in their domiciliary accounts.

I hope Nigeria doesn't go the way of Zimbabwe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Access Bank Acquires Diamond Bank / Soko Loan Has Finally Defamed Me (pictures) / Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.