Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,450 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:11 AM

Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? (760 Views)

Do Angels Appear As Humans? My Recent Experience In A Roadside Market / Do Angels Really Look Like This? / What Do Angels Really Look Like According To The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
I know that doves have a very good reputation biblically speaking.

It was through a dove that Noah got to know that the waters of the Earth had subsided after the flood had come upon the Earth. Genesis 8:8-12

A dove is one of the clean animals and it was used as a substitute for a lamb for a sin offering.

Leviticus 5:7

And if he be not able to bring a lamb, then he shall bring for his trespass, which he hath committed, two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, unto the LORD; one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering.

The Holy Spirit was said to have taken the form of a dove when He alighted upon Jesus after His baptism:

John 1:32

And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

Jesus advised His disciples to be wise as serpents but harmless as doves:

Matthew 10:16

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

So doves have a very good reputation when it comes to the Bible, and the Spirit of God was even said to have taken its form when it came upon Jesus.

But what it never said was if angels took the form of a dove.

The reason I'm asking this is because although I have never seen an angel that I knew was one, I have seen a lot of doves come close to me. The thing became very common after I began to walk at the level of the Spirit.

Anywhere I go, it seems doves follow me there. They usually comes in twos. A times it's as if they talking to me.

The sounds they make often tally with the level of spiritual intensity or situation concerning me. So sometimes it's very strong and loud as if it's an important message I must consider. Also there's also this feeling of protection whenever they're around.

I moved to a new place not too long ago and yes, the doves are here again. I began to hear their voices of recent very resounding as if they were trying to say something, and I tried to seek where they were, because I couldn't find them on the windows, so thought they were not on any part of the house but somewhere close by.

It was just today i discovered that they were actually hanging on the shade on top of my door.

So is there anyone that has knows of the possibility of angels appearing in the form of doves, because this is becoming more and more obvious that it's not a coincidence.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by poshestmina(f): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
I have witnessed it twice when I was younger.

It's real and it works.

Modified: actually couple of times.

1st experience : was about 11/12 years ,I was sitting lazily around the house ,I heard the bird ,it made the same sound about 3 times( it sounded like those talking drums), I picked the word 'Pray for your father ) ,I really didn't understand but the word stuck . I just said the normal childish ' I cover my family ( mentioned my dad few times)with the blood of Jesus and forgot about it .My mum got a call later that day that my dad was in an accident ,some passengers died and he still has the scarce on his forehead till date.

2nd experience: My school days . I really was no longer in the way of God . I was doing something I shouldn't do .. .It was on a Sunday and I intentionally didn't go to church, same bird ( It makes you conscious of it and it comes rhythmically, it keeps repeating same thing till you understand ).. Immediately I disposed it,My mum and church members came in...That was my saving grace that day !

3rd experience: I was so financially down ,days when #200 looked like a blank cheque .
There was no other option than to turn to God ,even in my messy situation . I fasted and prayed . I sing well too (especially worship) .Later in the evening ,I was at the balcony with my friends ,same bird (same color) just flew and popped on my head shocked. It was funny because I was closer to the door . Believe me ,I got alerts that day . 1 online wholesale vendor that held my money for months and was ignoring/blocked me on ig sent my complete balance with an apology text shocked.several other debtors . I saw God's miracle that day 1st hand.

4th experience: I was broken and broke again .I had problems with my husband and had to separate for a while. I didn't even have money to feed my child. I was angry with God and didn't want to pray ...just tears and a shaking lips
Not the bird this time, I HEARD the voice loud and clear "Mathew 2:26" . I was alone !
I was troubled ,I looked for a bible and opened and it says" Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?".
I couldn't pray ,I just let my tears flow on the page .A call came and the call ended with an alert that helped me start my business back.

Who says God doesn't exist , doesn't exist too.
I have seen, heard and experienced it.
I pray for the Zeal to love God unconditionally embarassed

CcJesusJn2020
tobechi74

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by benjanjo1: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jmoore(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

John 1:32
And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit
descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode
upon him..
'Like a dove' is not the same thing as a dove. It is a simile.

Amokachi plays football like a bull doesn't mean you will literally see a bull when you see Amokachi playing.

That movie about a dove descended on Jesus Christ was grossly misinterpreted.

Holyspirit cannot come in form of any animal.

About Angels. All through the bible, Angels came in human form.

The pigeon or dove in your neighborhood is just an animal.

You said they are couple? Obviously, male and female doing their thing.
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
poshestmina:

It's real and it works.
Would edit later for the full story.
Oh good.

Please kindly tag me when you do because I'm interested to hear about your experience.

Thanks.
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by tobechi74: 3:54am On Dec 20, 2020
poshestmina:

It's real and it works.
Would edit later for the full story.
Come share your Tory ,I dey wait
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:14am On Dec 20, 2020
jmoore:

'Like a dove' is not the same thing as a dove. It is a simile.

Amokachi plays football like a bull doesn't mean you will literally see a bull when you see Amokachi playing.

That movie about a dove descended on Jesus Christ was grossly misinterpreted.

Holyspirit cannot come in form of any animal.

About Angels. All through the bible, Angels came in human form.

The pigeon or dove in your neighborhood is just an animal.

You said they are couple? Obviously, male and female doing their thing.
Even if they're just animals, I believe they're God sent.

God sent ravens to feed Elijah in the wilderness.

It's not everything that one tries to interprets carnally or intellectually, because some things are spiritual, hence they cannot be interpreted or understood by the flesh.
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jmoore(m): 7:59am On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Even if they're just animals, I believe they're God sent.

God sent ravens to feed Elijah in the wilderness.

It's not everything that one tries to interprets carnally or intellectually, because some things are spiritual, hence they cannot be interpreted or understood by the flesh.
You assume they are spiritual. What have the dove/pigeon told you so far?
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2020
jmoore:

You assume they are spiritual. What have the dove/pigeon told you so far?
I'd rather wait for people like Elijah who understand where I'm coming from to talk about this.

Thanks.
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
poshestmina:

It's real and it works.

Modified: actually couple of times.

1st experience : was about 11/12 years ,I was sitting lazily around the house ,I heard the bird ,it made the same sound about 3 times( it sounded like those talking drums), I picked the word 'Pray for your father ) ,I really didn't understand but the word stuck . I just said the normal childish ' I cover my family ( mentioned my dad few times)with the blood of Jesus and forgot about it .My mum got a call later that day that my dad was in an accident ,some passengers died and he still has the scarce on his forehead till date.

2nd experience: My school days . I really was no longer in the way of God . I was doing something I shouldn't do .. .It was on a Sunday and I intentionally didn't go to church, same bird ( It makes you conscious of it and it comes rhythmically, it keeps repeating same thing till you understand ).. Immediately I disposed it,My mum and church members came in...That was my saving grace that day !

3rd experience: I was so financially down ,days when #200 looked like a blank cheque .
There was no other option than to turn to God ,even in my messy situation . I fasted and prayed . I sing well too (especially worship) .Later in the evening ,I was at the balcony with my friends ,same bird (same color) just flew and popped on my head shocked. It was funny because I was closer to the door . Believe me ,I got alerts that day . 1 online wholesale vendor that held my money for months and was ignoring/blocked me on ig sent my complete balance with an apology text shocked.several other debtors . I saw God's miracle that day 1st hand.

4th experience: I was broken and broke again .I had problems with my husband and had to separate for a while. I didn't even have money to feed my child. I was angry with God and didn't want to pray ...just tears and a shaking lips
Not the bird this time, I HEARD the voice loud and clear "Mathew 2:26" . I was alone !
I was troubled ,I looked for a bible and opened and it says" Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?".
I couldn't pray ,I just let my tears flow on the page .A call came and the call ended with an alert that helped me start my business back.

Who says God doesn't exist , doesn't exist too.
I have seen, heard and experienced it.
I pray for the Zeal to love God unconditionally embarassed

CcJesusJn2020
tobechi74

Wow!

I checked and checked, and i had begun to give up, but I just said I should check again and there it was. Your awesome experience involving birds.

Thanks so much for sharing. Really awesome story.

I just knew it that God does sent birds to bear His messages to humans even if they were not angels. And you just proved me right. God bless you so much for taking your time to do this.

If you don't mind though, do you remember the kind of bird it was?

Thanks once again for sharing.

May God help you love Him the way He deserves to be loved. Amen!

Cc. Jmoore
Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by poshestmina(f): 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Wow!

I checked and checked, and i had begun to give up, but I just said I should check again and there it was. Your awesome experience involving birds.

Thanks so much for sharing. Really awesome story.

I just knew it that God does sent birds to bear His messages to humans even if they were not angels. And you just proved me right. God bless you so much for taking your time to do this.

If you don't mind though, do you remember the kind of bird it was?

Thanks once again for sharing.

May God help you love Him the way He deserves to be loved. Amen!

Cc. Jmoore

A dove

1 Like

Re: Do Angels Also Take The Form Of Doves? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:27pm On Dec 25, 2020
poshestmina:

A dove
Thought as much.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Ask Me Questios Regarding Spiritual Gifts Or Ministries / I Am The Archbishop Of Social Media / Is This Sleep Paralysis Or Vision. Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.