Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? (2018 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2014 Vs Toyota Camry 2012 / Please Advice Either To Buy 2008 Lexus E350 Or Camry 2012 Or Honda Accord 2012 / Innoson Malaria Drug Design: Ugwunna Ejikem And Innoson Cause Laughter Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by obidevine(m): 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2020
I drive a 2012 Camry. I actually just bought it about a week ago. It's Nigerian used though. Good engine and gear.

The only issue is that when I'm driving at high speed I can smell something like rubber burning. I don't know what the cause of this could be.

Experts in the house please advise.

@Marpol, Marpol

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by sultaan(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
obidevine:
I drive a 2012 Camry. I actually just bought it about a week ago. It's Nigerian used though. Good engine and gear.

The only issue is that when I'm driving at high speed I can smell something like rubber burning. I don't know what the cause of this could be.

Experts in the house please advise.

Check your rims if they are not it means your brake is on,,
You may have one of those button hand brake make sure your hand brake is off

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by obidevine(m): 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2020
sultaan:

Check your time if they are not it means your brake is on,,
You may have one of those button hand brake make sure your hand brake is off

I don't understand what you mean by "check your time"

The "hand brake" for this car is the one you press with your feet.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by Raysleek: 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
obidevine:

He meant check your tyre. Also if the back tyre brake is drum type, it could be that its sticking to the tyre.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by Tools4sale: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2020
obidevine:

Noo... Op.. The hand brake is close to the gear selector... Make sure it is up when driving and not down...

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by obidevine(m): 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
Tools4sale:

Noo... Op.. The hand brake is close to the gear selector... Make sure it is up when driving and not down...

I own the car. The handbrake for my car is a Pedal type. It is on the floor just beside the brake . You use your feet to depress the hand brake of this 2012 Toyota Camry.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by ajani68: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
It happened to me once, but rewire detected burnt wire inside my dashboard, and I replaced it,then it stop since.
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by sultaan(m): 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
obidevine:

Sorry I meant rims both front and back wheels.
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by obidevine(m): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
sultaan:

Sorry I meant rims both front and back wheels.

Ok
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by double3(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
Further information would help in narrowing down the cause, where exactly do u pick up the smell, inside ur car, under ur hood, exhaust, ur tire area. When next u drive at high speed stop and trace the location of the smell.
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by obidevine(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
double3:
Further information would help in narrowing down the cause, where exactly do u pick up the smell, inside ur car, under ur hood, exhaust, ur tire area. When next u drive at high speed stop and trace the location of the smell.

I think it's coming from the tire area.

It happens when I put the pedal to the metal (i.e when I'm driving on high speed)
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by samintegrity(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
obidevine:

I own the car. The handbrake for my car is a Pedal type. It is on the floor just beside the brake . You use your feet to depress the hand brake of this 2012 Toyota Camry.

Very correct, Camry from 07 upwards as its hand brake close to the brake, u need to use ur left foot to depress or release. I think same with Lexus ES model and some other models.

That said, check ur tyres or dashboard, it could be a burning wire bro.. Pls don't joke with this

Had similar issues sometime ago, I didn't pay more attention to it not until heavy smoke came out from dashboard.. I was very terrified.. Thank God I was close to home..

Ma shock u, I left the car there till next morning..
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by sultaan(m): 1:08am On Dec 22, 2020
Also when your tire pressure is too low your tires will be wearing out, make sure you have the same size of tire on the car
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by obidevine(m): 7:01am On Dec 22, 2020
sultaan:
Also when your tire pressure is too low your tires will be wearing out, make sure you have the same size of tire on the car

Same size of tire on the car?

I don't understand
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by sultaan(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2020
obidevine:

Same size of tire on the car?

I don't understand

Tires have a size, if someone replaced one of the tires with a bigger or smaller one then that tire will be turning at a different speed, same as with lower tire pressure.

But if your rim was getting very hot it will be the caliper binding
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by double3(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
obidevine:

I think it's coming from the tire area.

It happens when I put the pedal to the metal (i.e when I'm driving on high speed)
Did u install brake pads of recent?
Re: Toyota Camry 2012 . Please Who Can Advise On The Cause Of This? by obidevine(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2020
double3:

Did u install brake pads of recent?

No

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 406 Spark Plug Issue (I Just Don't Know Again) / Question For Vehicle Owners / Please Guys What Do You Think About The Lexus Rx330.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.