Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs (351 Views)

Assault Of Nigerian Passengers At Togo Airport: Minister, Envoy Intervene / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts / Trailer Nearly Landed On A Bus Filled With Passengers At Berger Cement Bustop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by Shehuyinka: 1:43am On Dec 20, 2020
PASSENGERS on Nigerian domestic carrier, Dana Air, were stranded for at least 14 hours at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Friday, as three scheduled flights by the airline were delayed.

“No apology was tendered. We were left to our fate. They showed no concern after some of us paid about N100,000 for the flight,” one of the passengers, Atsenokhai Aloy, told The ICIR.

Among the abandoned passengers were pregnant women, nursing mothers and their babies, he said.

Aloy had thought of arriving early in Lagos Friday evening to sleep in his home, but he was abandoned with scores of other passengers by Dana Air at Abuja Airport lobby till 8am Saturday, when the flight conveying him and others finally arrived.

He said by 1am on Saturday, an aircraft landed and picked passengers that were supposed to fly at 11am the previous day.

He said he had arrived at the airport and checked in before 6pm on Friday. But getting to the departure hall, he met scores of other passengers who were supposed to have left for Lagos but stranded.

“I slept in the airport waiting for a flight!! Dana air kept passengers including nursing mothers, pregnant women, and children in the airport from 7pm yesterday till this time I am typing this message (Saturday morning).

“We were all checked in and given our boarding pass. But there was no aircraft to convey us! From 7pm yesterday till now, myself and several other passengers are all seated in the departure hall of Abuja Airport waiting for the aircraft that will take us to Lagos.

“I have heard of delayed flights, but never in my life did I ever imagine that I will sleep in the airport waiting endlessly for a flight that no one knows when it will arrive.

“At some point, three different sets of passengers bound for Lagos were all waiting. There was no aircraft and Dana wasn’t ready to give us any sensible explanation. I am sure they know that there won’t be consequences for this unbelievable service failure. After all, this is Nigeria…

“By 1am, one aircraft landed. It picked passengers that were supposed to fly at 11am yesterday. Passengers scheduled for 11am flight on Friday morning eventually left by 1am on Saturday morning. I was scheduled for 7pm and I am still here. I have been in the airport for over 10hrs!!!

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/dana-airline-abandons-passengers-at-abuja-airport-for-14hrs/

Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by collinometricx: 2:03am On Dec 20, 2020
Shit happens
Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by Duru9(m): 2:42am On Dec 20, 2020
Instead of them to go upgrade their selves
They're busy fighting Onyema through FG

Fools
Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 20, 2020
It will never be well with Clara
Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by Memberclub(m): 3:40am On Dec 20, 2020
Stfu. We complain too much
Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by JaneYave(f): 5:26am On Dec 20, 2020
This experience is not a funny one. It must have cost some people alot. Flight delays are becoming so common and it's unfair, after all the rush to check in and wait. The last place to wait is at the airport, everywhere is buzzy.
Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by IamR: 11:38am On Dec 20, 2020
JaneYave:
This experience is not a funny one. It must have cost some people alot. Flight delays are becoming so common and it's unfair, after all the rush to check in and wait. The last place to wait is at the airport, everywhere is buzzy.
It was not a palatable experience. Our 11:40am flight didn't leave until 7:30pm. I checked in around 10:25am. I even missed my appointment in Lagos.

OP, just a little correction, 11:00am passengers didn't leave at 1:00am the following day, we left the airport at 7:30pm on Friday. Dana Air didn't even offer us ordinary water.
Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by CaptainStephen(m): 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
That thing can pain o grin
Re: Dana Airline Abandons Passengers At Abuja Airport For 14hrs by JaneYave(f): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
IamR:

It was not a palatable experience. Our 11:40am flight didn't leave until 7:30pm. I checked in around 10:25am. I even missed my appointment in Lagos.

OP, just a little correction, 11:00am passengers didn't leave at 1:00am the following day, we left the airport at 7:30pm on Friday. Dana Air didn't even offer us ordinary water.
Missing some appointments cost alot. Sorry, you had to go through all that.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Horrific And Intense Traffic On Onitsha Niger Bridge Since 12pm Till Now / Flying At Night Under Poor Weather Conditions In A Cessna 182 Aircraft / ECOWAS Brown Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.