Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender (16482 Views)

Reps Reject Motion To Allow Citizens Carry Arms / 600 Bandits In Kaduna Agree To Surrender Arms After Meeting With Gumi / Why Can't Nigeria Government Allow Citizens To Posses Guns At Home For Defence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by ipromise: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2020
It's called balance of power. If u know ur target is armed for self defense purposes, it deters potential attackers. we all have equal rights to life.. It is a phase in our National Development which most developed countries most have gone through and this must have formed their bases for relaxation of firearms laws. (SELF DEFENSE)

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Camelot65: 7:35am On Dec 21, 2020
ipromise:
It's called balance of power. If u know ur target is armed for self defense purposes, it deters potential attackers. we all have equal rights to life.. It is a phase in our National Development which most developed countries most have gone through and this must have formed their bases for relaxation of firearms laws. (SELF DEFENSE)
And you think those states are ripe for that?

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by drezzyx(m): 7:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Better
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by anambraamaka: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2020
True we need it
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Grandmeister(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2020
kennyade3h:
if we all carry guns then Nigeria will have highest crime rate in the world
No because you know that the house you’re planning to rob will have about 3 equally armed occupants living inside so you will think twice.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by nedekid: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2020
Karlovich:
embarassed, They should keep deceiving themselves, If every citizen is allowed to own guns in Zamfara then when you add the incompetent untrained police there will be no one left in that state in a matter of weeks. If they are serious about ending insurgency it would have been done a long time ago, instead they are playing ping pong with people's lives.
It is still OK.
Everyone should have the right to self protection. It is a basic right to life. It is better you kill each other learning to use a gun than for bandits to take one's life while being defenseless.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by GMBuhari: 7:41am On Dec 21, 2020
Why do you people fear change ?? why are you always against anything good ?

the best way to have peace is to prepare for war , You can't shakara me with gun if you know me and my friends have guns and bullets , therefore nobody will be killing nobody because in reality nobody wants to die

except for the untrained people part and training would have to be mandatory for the issue of firearms to citizens, otherwise some people will be shooting towards kaduna when mauraders are in benin

Karlovich:
embarassed, They should keep deceiving themselves, If every citizen is allowed to own guns in Zamfara then when you add the incompetent untrained police there will be no one left in that state in a matter of weeks. If they are serious about ending insurgency it would have been done a long time ago, instead they are playing ping pong with people's lives.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by nedekid: 7:42am On Dec 21, 2020
Camelot65:
And you think those states are ripe for that?
No ohh, they are ripe for slaughter ba??
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by ITbomb(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2020
This is a direct indictment on police and military and a vote of no confidence on the state governor as chief security officer and the President as Commander in chief

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Camelot65: 7:53am On Dec 21, 2020
nedekid:

No ohh, they are ripe for slaughter ba??
Guess you don't know there are things to consider before giving firearms to citizens.

Giving guns to citizens is not as easy as you think.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Rrex99(m): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2020
My Nigga.
Lol
I like that idea.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2020
Karlovich:
Okay sir. What do you suggest?
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 21, 2020
According to him no single individual in this world is above the power of the government unless the government does not want to act. He also urged governments at all levels to give the security operatives the chance to deal with the bandits, stressing that security operatives could handle the situation if given the chance and weapons.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Baamm(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Kingscee:

https://leadership.ng/allow-citizens-to-carry-guns-bandits-not-ready-to-surrender-emir/?amp=1
Lmao when you guys were feeding the kraken and applauding the government for negotiating with criminals una know no say them go grow more heads. Any citizen found with gun should be treated like a criminal. The crazy part is that they know there location yet choose to pet them

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2020
exactly what I told my neighbor on Saturday... although that may create other problems... but if all is allowed to carry guns, no one will kidnap anyone
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by EjaikreTheViper(f): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
This shows that Buhari has failed woefully

Tinubu the thief sold a vegetable to gullible Nigerians and still want to sell his fraudulent self to them again
Condemned fools never learn!
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by adecz: 8:21am On Dec 21, 2020
The Fulani will never be satisfied
with any settlement or reconciliation
that doesn't guarantee them easy money.

The incompetent President & his
Northern governors have created a tiger
that is now consuming them.

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2020
Pierocash:
Watch how the Emir will be dethroned soon over flimsy excuse.

He wants to stand against the interest of his paymasters.

I dont know why this emir could not have advocated this idea for benue when they were under fulani herdsmen terror?

Anyway, here is list of emirs that have been killed, attacked or sacked and chased away by terrorists -

Emir of Gwoza
Emir of Askia
Emir of Biu
Emir of Kano
Emir of Uba
Emir of Potiskum
Emir of Kaura Namoda
Emir of Yauri.

These are descendants of usman danfodio the founder of terrorism in arewa.

This emir of zamfara is crazy for suggesting self defense at this time. If Hausas had defended themselves with guns would there be anything called emir. Tell the freak jihadi to sit down and take this banditry as the will of God.

This is what God wills for arewa. Suck it up and stop opposing Allah's decree.

Freaks!

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Sagefromtheeast: 8:27am On Dec 21, 2020
Yes everybody should have gun for self defense.
I mean why is it only the bad guys that get to own a gun?
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by SolarEdge: 8:40am On Dec 21, 2020
Werey dey disguise
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Stranger18: 8:45am On Dec 21, 2020
I love what you just wrote, not insults, intelligent statements and you made your point. I wish other nairalanders can learn from this.
Karlovich:
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by vineyardfarms: 8:52am On Dec 21, 2020
Kingscee:

https://leadership.ng/allow-citizens-to-carry-guns-bandits-not-ready-to-surrender-emir/?amp=1

@ Emir - the system you help to create has come back to hunt both you and northern elites who send their wards to overseas but estarblish lslamic circuler school to dominate and control their wards at home, who hates western education. I encouraged the bandites to go after the emires - the govs - the northern evil elites - lmams - they help to create the system - which they using as ATM MACHINE - now hunting them and will continue to hunt thdm. You all started it. You should know how to end it. Emir ! ! ! stop crying foul and croc tears. Enjoy it while it last.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by kayjay69(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2020
This was not publicized however I remember how Buhari just when he assumed power in 2015, ordered the then Inspector General of Police to stop issuing licences to registered gun owners and to withdraw the already issued licences from its users.

Now I am not one for conspiracy theories but why would the government issue such an order? Gun licences were mostly issued for single or double barrel guns which were claimed to be used for hunting purposes. Giventhe chaos we now see in the country regarding insecurity, I believe the government should allow people own weapons for their personal protection. Ofcourse not everyone should be allowed to own weapons, you must pass a background check and psychological evaluation but I believe it is the right thing to do. I am confident it will make kidnappers, killer herdsmen and bandits think twice before they attack whomever. Before you jump on this post to attack it, remember, if the government were to allow this, not everyone can afford a gun, good guns are expensive.

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Blitzerz: 9:25am On Dec 21, 2020
smoke9910:
If we all carry arms. I know naija pple, any small thing. People go dey drop like flies, the lawlessness we have will be raised to infinity.
Not true.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Donspicey: 9:34am On Dec 21, 2020
Aflix:
I don't believe Nigeria has developed to the stage where citizens would be allowed to bear arms. See America with all their development thus low frustration level still shoot themselves at any slight provocation.
Now, imagine stepping on the toes of a broke Nigerian who bears arms and just bought a cup of rice with #200 and 2 onions with #300.

So one onions sef na #50 for ur side.....

Well The Emir said dat cos he also hv lost hope in the govt.....

To End terrorism you face dem sporadically not by negotiation........

When Bubu is ready he knows wat to do but for now many blood is still needed.....(very deep)...
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Donspicey: 9:37am On Dec 21, 2020
Blitzerz:
Not true.
If u grow for street u go know say Naija blood dey quick hot....

Small tin u go hear tatata.......

Naija na African "Mexico"
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by Donspicey: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2020
Blitzerz:
Not true.
If u grow for street u go know say Naija blood dey quick hot....

Small tin u go hear tatata.......

Naija na African "Mexico"
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by charlesm91(m): 10:01am On Dec 21, 2020
If them approve am eh, e go be the fastest way to go meet Lucifer grin poverty/hardship dey the land and guns might just do the trick for reducing population levels drastically.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by IMAliyu(m): 10:20am On Dec 21, 2020
kayjay69:
This was not publicized however I remember how Buhari just when he assumed power in 2015, ordered the then Inspector General of Police to stop issuing licences to registered gun owners and to withdraw the already issued licences from its users.

Now I am not one for conspiracy theories but why would the government issue such an order? Gun licences were mostly issued for single or double barrel guns which were claimed to be used for hunting purposes. Giventhe chaos we now see in the country regarding insecurity, I believe the government should allow people own weapons for their personal protection. Ofcourse not everyone should be allowed to own weapons, you must pass a background check and psychological evaluation but I believe it is the right thing to do. I am confident it will make kidnappers, killer herdsmen and bandits think twice before they attack whomever. Before you jump on this post to attack it, remember, if the government were to allow this, not everyone can afford a gun, good guns are expensive.

Desperate times call for desperate measures!
I remember this clearly.

I wonder what the government was thinking then.
You don't make your citizens safer by disarming them, especially when the bad guys are still clearly fully armed.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by kayjay69(m): 10:28am On Dec 21, 2020
100% correct.

As much as I don't want to subscribe to conspiracies, that move sure looked like a conspiracy in my opinion.
IMAliyu:

I remember this clearly.

I wonder what the government was thinking then.
You don't make your citizens safer by disarming them, especially when the bad guys are still clearly fully armed.
Re: Mohammed Ahmad: Allow Citizens To Carry Guns, Bandits Not Ready To Surrender by sparkwil(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2020
Fully supported. Long past time for self defense and community policing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Using Degbueyi Oviahon's Name To Defraud People In Edo / Nigerian man dies in Indian prison / Princess Chinoye Arrested In India For Heroin Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.