Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award (29606 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Golden Foot Award 2020 / #PFA Awards: Mohamed Salah Picks Up Men's Player Of The Year / Iker Casillas Beat Ronaldo, Messi To Win 2017 Golden Foot Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by obembet(f): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
Cristiano Ronaldo has outshone his fierce rival Lionel Messi after being awarded the Golden Foot award.

The Juventus striker has had yet another standout year at the top of world football, winning Serie A with the Old Lady whilst taking home the competition's top goalscorer award, the Capocannoniere.

Despite Messi winning more Balon d'Or awards than Ronaldo, the Portuguese talisman can now boast an accolade that the Barcelona forward does not possess in their ongoing battle for footballing supremacy.

In a post to Instagram, Ronaldo wrote: 'I am honored to win the Golden Foot award and to be immortalised on the Champion Promenade in Monaco, together with some of the greatest football legends of all time!

'I am truly humbled and want to thank the fans all over the world for having voted for me'

The Golden Foot, first introduced in 2003, is an award for players aged 28 or above and can only be won by a recipient once in their career.

Roberto Baggio, Alessandro Del Piero and Ronaldinho have all been previous winners of the award and the Juventus frontman looked delighted to join esteemed company.

Ronaldo, who scored a huge 44 goals for club and country in 2020, kept with tradition after winning the accolade by placing his feet in cement and left his signature in the concrete.

Only Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski scored more than the former Manchester United attacker, with 47 goals for the Champions League winners and Poland.

Ronaldo's rival Lionel Messi fell short of the pair with just 26 goals for Barcelona and Argentina this year.

The 35-year-old Ronaldo has made even more history this year thanks to his incredible goalscoring antics in Italy.

He became the fourth player in Serie A history to score at least 33 goals in a calendar year after finding the net twice against Parma.

Ronaldo scored once in each half to see Juventus win 4-0 and move level on points with Inter and one adrift of leaders AC Milan.

Ronaldo's contribution has equalled that of former Juventus forward Omar Sivori from 1961 - who scored the joint-third most goals in a single year behind Gunnar Nordahl in 1950 and Felice Borel in 1933.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9075211/Cristiano-Ronaldo-picks-Golden-Foot-award-old-rival-Lionel-Messi-win-it.html

28 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Kosoco(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Goat

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Aaronzy: 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
Make una rest na
Since his fan base knows he can't win balon d'or or European golden boot award.. na to just dey find inconsequential award dey give am every week

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Offpoint1: 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
2nd best player of all time....

Pogba is the first tongue

today na my happy day
7 Days FREE sure games for everyone..... NO DM please, whatsapp me via my whatsapp number on my signature

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Mbataku96(m): 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
The real G.O.A.T

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by kellyjc(m): 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sometimes I just wonder what football news would be like when these guys leave the field.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by overlord29(m): 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
lipsrsealed

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by crossfm: 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Why always you.

The attacker with precision.
The only GOAT,other goats are for pepper soup.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Kingluqman(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ororo my G

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Blexino(f): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Congratulations

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by chyzoo4u(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Good boy
Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Ugaboy: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Let's gather here to celebrate the G.O.A.T

RONALDO FANS

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Celestyn8213: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Well deserved

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by nullboss: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Lol

Which one is Golden foot award again. cheesy grin cheesy grin
Anything to massage the ego of this clown..

Messi doesn’t need a pseudo award.. the OP is a clown. Messi is clear

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Pro70: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Goat
Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Carmartng: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Carmart Nigeria allows you to sell your car for the best price from the comfort of your home. Rather than hearing bad offers from dealers or adding a banner of "FOR SALE", let carmart Nigeria do all the heavy lifting for you, Upload the details of the car and get the best offer from interested buyers.

https://carmart.ng/

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
undecided Make we hear word Jarey!!

8 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by labisibrass(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
when the opportunity presents itself, shine!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by FOREX4free(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Golden boy
Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
CR7, THE REAL G.O.A.T

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
CR7 the GOAT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by ATEAMS: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by Antoeni(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Messi Leads, Others Follow

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award by ipobarethieves: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
cool REAL GOAT unlike dat Billy goat wey nor gree comot from Baraka club

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Appoints Benni Mccarthy As First-team Striker Coach / Joseph Yobo Strikes A Pose With His Kids (Photos) / Victor Osimhen Becomes Africa' all-time leading goalscorer In The Serie A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.