Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,815 members, 7,851,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:51 AM

The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) (1068 Views)

Chairman Of Okada Union In Akokwa, Imo Caught Raping 7-Year-Old Girl (Video) / "Abudu-Balogun Attempted To Rape & Use Me For Rituals - 16-Year-Old Girl (Video) / Corpse Of Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu & The Policeman That Shot Her Dead (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by Kbroker: 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
John Warnock Hinckley Jr. (born May 29, 1955) is an American criminal who, on March 30, 1981, attempted to assassinate U.S. President Ronald Reagan in Washington, D.C. He wounded Reagan with a bullet from a revolver that ricocheted and hit Reagan in the chest. He also wounded police officer Thomas Delahanty and Secret Service agent Tim McCarthy, and he critically wounded Press Secretary James Brady, who was permanently disabled in the shooting.

Hinckley was reportedly seeking fame in order to impress actress Jodie Foster, on whom he had an obsessive fixation. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity and remained under institutional psychiatric care until September 10, 2016. Public outcry over the verdict led to the Insanity Defense Reform Act of 1984, which altered the rules for consideration of mental illness of defendants in Federal Criminal Court proceedings in the United States. Along with Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme and Sara Jane Moore, Hinckley is one of three attempted presidential assassins currently living who are not in prison.

Hinckley became obsessed with the 1976 film Taxi Driver, in which disturbed protagonist Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro) plots to assassinate a presidential candidate. The Bickle character was partly based on the diaries of Arthur Bremer, who attempted to assassinate George Wallace.[4] Hinckley developed an infatuation with Jodie Foster, who played a sexually trafficked 12-year-old child, Iris Steensma, in the film.[8] When Foster entered Yale University, Hinckley moved to New Haven, Connecticut, for a short time to stalk her.[2] There, he slipped poems and messages under Foster's door, and repeatedly called and left her messages.

Failing to develop any meaningful contact with the actress, Hinckley fantasized about conducting an aircraft hijacking or committing suicide in front of her to get her attention. Eventually, he settled on a scheme to impress her by assassinating the president, thinking that by achieving a place in history, he would appeal to her as an equal. Hinckley trailed President Jimmy Carter from state to state, and was arrested in Nashville, Tennessee, on a firearms charge. Penniless, he returned home. Despite psychiatric treatment for depression, his mental health did not improve. He began to target the newly elected president Ronald Reagan in 1981. For this purpose, he collected material on the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvuMpse1xbQ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley_Jr.
Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by khia: 9:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
undecided
Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by Kbroker: 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
khia:
Misleading Title.

Did you bother to read the article?? No.

1 Like

Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by khia: 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kbroker:

Did you bother to read the article?? No.

I didn't have to read it, I know all about American history.
Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by Kbroker: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
khia:

I didn't have to read it, I know all about American history.

That's great.
Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by chatinent: 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
Mehn.
Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by khia: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kbroker:

That's great.
Seriously, why did you post this article? Nobody gives a damn about Ronald Reagan then or now. Reagan was a racist man much like Trump, a terrible actor and a terrible president. His best acting role was acting his way into the US Presidency.
Most Americans were upset that Hinckley failed.
Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 22, 2020
Yeah... Hinckley Jr.

Couldn't believe it myself the first time I read about him.

That guy's such a fruitcake. Dumbest reason to want to assassinate a president. Ever.

1 Like

Re: The Guy That Shot America's President To Impress A Girl (Video) by farouk2much(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
if somebody can do the same to buhari.. He could have impress millions including me

(1) (Reply)

US Carries Out Its 1st Execution Of Female Inmate Since 1953 / BREAKING: Court Arraigns Muhammad Buhari - Independent.ng / Delta Police Engage Robbers In Shootout, Killed Two Then Recovered Snatched Vehi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.