Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Christmas Or Mass Crisis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Or Mass Crisis (344 Views)

Don’t Wish Me A Merry Christmas Or Send Me Hampers; I Don’t Believe In... Reno / Is It Christmas Or Xmas? / Father Christmas Or Giver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Or Mass Crisis by thinkmoney(m): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
Na this Jesus birthday we dey celebrate soon.
Truth is truth. Overdo is dangerous. The real Jesus didn't ask us to celebrate his birthday (his early goons/apostles didn't), rather he asked us to yearly mark and reflect on his death.
This is in line with the admonition in Ecclesiastes 7:1.
"A good reputation is more valuable than costly perfume. And the day you die is better than the day you are born." Moreover, Jesus wasn't even born in December. Evidently, he was born around October. December 25th, has been from back in many pre-christian cultures till now, more of a day for ostentatious display of wealth, lasciviousness and lax morality.
In addition, many scholars agree that most Christmas traditions have their roots in non-Christian and pagan customs. These include Santa Claus, as well as using mistletoe and the Christmas tree, exchanging gifts, burning candles and Yule logs, hanging decorative wreaths, and caroling. Regarding some of these customs, the book The Externals of the Catholic Church observed: “When we give or receive Christmas gifts, and hang green wreaths in our homes and churches, how many of us know that we are probably observing pagan customs?”
This my piece makes you uncomfortable ba? Yes, that's what truth does. Bible asks us to be wary of the traditions of men.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Devil Is Very Tricky (how I Almost Broke My Vow) / What Does God Truly Expects From Us? / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Adultery Scandal : Accuser Makes A Public Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.