Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" (936 Views)

Touts: Untamed Monsters That Rule Lagos Roads / Herdsmen And Their Cows Chased Out Of Ekiti By Amotekun (Video) / Herdsmen Unleashed Terror On 29 Ogun Border Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by nku5: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2020
A photographer has narrated the horrible encounter he had with Amotekun operatives in Ibadan.

He said he was on his way from church at 12 noon on Dec 22 when he saw people running. He later discovered they were running from Amotekun, the south western security outfit.

He explained that since he committed no crime, he continued driving and he saw them shoot at a man who went to ease himself in a bush. Fortunately, they missed.

He explained that his face registered his displeasure at what they had done so one of them told him to drive off. He said he responded that he was doing that but the road was too bad to allow him drive at a faster pace.

This angered the Amotekun operatives and they asked him to alight from his car. He said they were aggressive and one of them threatened to blow his head off.

He said they searched his trunk and saw his photography gadgets. He had to explain what he does for a living to them.

He added that they started cursing him and said "Ogun will kill his mum."

He concluded by asking why the security outfit should be allowed such power to intimidate citizens without control.

He wrote: "I'm scared we have unleashed monsters who will do more harm than good if we don’t curb these excesses! Funny thing is I support the force but now, I’m not so sure anymore!"

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/12/im-scared-we-have-unleashed-monsters-man-recounts-his-horrible-encounter-with-amotekun-operatives-in-ibadan.html

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by Julleyjulley(f): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
tongue
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by phrancys001(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
feed lion grow now lion don dey find charcoal to use you do barbecue

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by Newman20(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
You had a brash encounter with some aggressive officers, so what? He should be happy they didn't physically assault him.
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by powerkey: 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
nku5:
A photographer has narrated the horrible encounter he had with Amotekun operatives in Ibadan.

He said he was on his way from church at 12 noon on Dec 22 when he saw people running. He later discovered they were running from Amotekun, the south western security outfit.

He explained that since he committed no crime, he continued driving and he saw them shoot at a man who went to ease himself in a bush. Fortunately, they missed.

He explained that his face registered his displeasure at what they had done so one of them told him to drive off. He said he responded that he was doing that but the road was too bad to allow him drive at a faster pace.

This angered the Amotekun operatives and they asked him to alight from his car. He said they were aggressive and one of them threatened to blow his head off.

He said they searched his trunk and saw his photography gadgets. He had to explain what he does for a living to them.

He concluded by asking why the security outfit should be allowed such power to intimidate citizens without control.

He wrote: "I'm scared we have unleashed monsters who will do more harm than good if we don’t curb these excesses! Funny thing is I support the force but now, I’m not so sure anymore!"

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/12/im-scared-we-have-unleashed-monsters-man-recounts-his-horrible-encounter-with-amotekun-operatives-in-ibadan.html
Amotekun is the real terrorist group in the south west region and they are already killing their own people.
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by NOC1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
It seems Ibadan has turned back to be a lawless state in the hands of Makinde, for one week now thy have been on the news for the wrong reasons.

Let Makinde step in unless the state will slip off his palms.
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by obiekunie2: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
Newman20:
You had a brash encounter with some aggressive officers, so what? He should be happy they didn't physically assault him.

did you just type this or you are high on drugs??
So you are in support of ametokun harassing and dehumanizing civilians?

NIGERIA IS GRADUALLY ALLOWING THE CREATION OF TERRORIST GROUPS AROUND THE COUNTRY.

GIVING ARMS TO CIVILIANS IS ONE HELL OF A MISTAKE!

THE POLICE AND THE ARMY DESPITE ALL THEIR TRAINING ON ARMS CONTROL, STILL GOES BERSERK AND KILL CIVILIANS IMAGINE WHAT AN UNTRAINED CIVILIAN WILL DO WHEN GIVEN A GUN!

BY 2023, WE WILL HAVE WARLORDS IN ALL THE REGIONS - IF YOU DON'T SWEAR ALLEGIANCE TO THE ONE CONTROLLING YOUR REGION, YOU WILL BE DECLARED AN ENEMY AND EXECUTED AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!.

HE WHO HAVE THE RESOURCES TO EXIT THIS COUNTRY SHOULD DO SO NOW CAUSE HELL IS COMING TO OPEN OFFICE HERE FROM 2022.
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by dederocs(m): 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
They should be under the state police structure, for discipline and control...checks/balance.
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by Orjioorji(f): 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Their Kinsmen will come here to abuse ESN. Evil people
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by Rocboy112: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
nku5:

This is so true , this happen to my driver also last week in Ibadan.they are useless local people that will cause real
Problem
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
I just hate Nigeria.

I thought that this so-called Amotekun was established to tackle the insecurity caused by Fulani herdsmen and kidnappers... Which means that their ONLY mandate is to roam the thick forests across the South West, to engage kidnappers and criminal herdsmen. What business do these idiots have in the Ibadan metropolis or in any other city in the South West? I heard one of their useless leaders talking about pickpockets in Ibadan and whatnot. What is their business with that? Let them use their so-called juju to enter the thick bushes to dismantle Fulani kidnapping cells. That's the ONLY thing they need to focus on.

Nigeria is so useless. Everything is abused and it is pretty disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by akinlolu26624: 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
feed lion grow now lion don dey find charcoal to use you do barbecue
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 24, 2020
Newman20:

May u have a brash encounter with bokoharam say ameen
Re: Amotekun: "I'm Scared We Have Unleashed Monsters" by Neddstark: 4:47am On Dec 24, 2020
Give the black man a tiny level of power then he automatically sees himself as a demi-god

(1) (Reply)

Three Men Beaten And Arrested By The Police For Stealing Cats / EFCC Arrests Instagram Celebrity, Pankeeroy, 34 Others / Man Receives Terrible Slap From Wife During Heated Argument(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.