Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

What Can Be Done If Omonile Refuses To Sign Deed Of Assignment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Can Be Done If Omonile Refuses To Sign Deed Of Assignment (263 Views)

Omonile Wants To Demolish My House / Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! / You Don't Have A Land, If You Don't Have A Deed Of Assignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can Be Done If Omonile Refuses To Sign Deed Of Assignment by excanny: 3:45am On Dec 24, 2020
About 3 years ago, I had no clue what a deed of assignment is and its importance and foolishly paid omonile for a plot of land.

Now, I've realized my error and decided to get a lawyer to do the first thing I was supposed to do, which is making them sign the deed.

I'm to visit a lawyer after the holidays so he can help me prepare the transfer of ownership documents.

But this strange thought keep coming into my head, that what if they refused to sign it or ask me to repay for the land again.(I pray it never gets to this point tho)... but its just some weird thoughts of the wandering mind).

They aren't scams anyway and they only gave me a family receipt and I see them all the time and know their houses.

Has anyone been thru this kind of late signing of deed?

And in case they refuse (God forbid), what are my options and steps to make them sign it?

Will appreciate contributions or even experiences.

I was a bit naive, I'm sorry in advance.

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Done If Omonile Refuses To Sign Deed Of Assignment by kenpower: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
excanny:
About 3 years ago, I had no clue what a deed of assignment is and its importance and foolishly paid omonile for a plot of land.

Now, I've realized my error and decided to get a lawyer to do the first thing I was supposed to do, which is making them sign the deed.

I'm to visit a lawyer after the holidays so he can help me prepare the transfer of ownership documents.

But this strange thought keep coming into my head, that what if they refused to sign it or ask me to repay for the land again.(I pray it never gets to this point tho)... but its just some weird thoughts of the wandering mind).

They aren't scams anyway and they only gave me a family receipt and I see them all the time and know their houses.

Has anyone been thru this kind of late signing of deed?

And in case they refuse (God forbid), what are my options and steps to make them sign it?

Will appreciate contributions or even experiences.

I was a bit naive, I'm sorry in advance.
Is a good initiate in the right direction that you are involvimg a lawyer ,Omo onile cannot be trusted .My strong advice is for you to start something on the land immediately ,,at least do the foundation of the land. You can contact me if u need tips and guidance if you hid to this advice .Am an architect/builder.watsap me on 08020859795,08033506527,08073711489
Re: What Can Be Done If Omonile Refuses To Sign Deed Of Assignment by 1stNumeroUno: 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
Explain this to your lawyer first, he will know how best to get them sign without issue.

(1) (Reply)

As Everyone Is Happy To Celebrate New Year So Am Scared To Enter New Year / Guyanese Style Homes / Cold Room At Ijora 7up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.