Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,247 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1331083 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
Buku:

Yes please?

Why would you want to go that route if i may ask? Is there any particular reason?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
Samopex05:
Bourne007 Omopapa Justwise LagosismyHome mimilyrics aprokodaughter and others

Are there any implications if I study a course that is not accredited by a regulating body. In my case, I am going for MA-Journalism.

I noticed that journalism in the UK is accredited by NCTJ & BJTC.

Some of the schools I have in mind don’t have the course accredited by these bodies. Schools like MMU, SHU, Uni of Chester and Leeds Beckett don’t have this course accredited yet they offer it. I went the extra mile of checking their websites just to be sure. (nctj & bjtc websites).

From experience, what do you have to say or advice.

If the course is not accredited it means that employers will not be able to verify it, there is no way to know if the awarding university meets high standards of quality for that course, if you have a job already then accreditation does not matter that much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BELUSHI: 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
Mumsytwinny:

ASTON definitely

Please who is going to Aston university this September?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by giselle237: 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
Gracious13:
@Giselle237 and @Justwise
I will like to know those documents that are needed for the visa application as my studies will be self sponsored. (Self-funding student)
Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2021
justwise:

Why would you want to go that route if i may ask? Is there any particular reason?

My husband cant come with me to the UK because of his job and he wants us to go through the court for the sole custody thing, so I was wondering if it makes sense to be married and have sole custody of our baby.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2021
Buku:

My husband cant come with me to the UK because of his job and he wants us to go through the court for the sole custody thing, so I was wondering if it makes sense to be married and have sole custody of our baby.

This is fraudulent and will not help your visa application one bit.

Your husband can not leave his job just to come to the UK to support you, you can get a visa without him tagging along with you .

All you need is a good and plausible reason why he could not come along with you and the kid.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

This is fraudulent and will not help your visa application one bit.

Your husband can not leave his job just to come to the UK to support you, you can get a visa without him tagging along with you .

All you need is a good and plausible reason why he could not come along with you and the kid.

Thanks for helping. So what do I attach with our baby's application, a cover letter to explain the reason and consent letter from both of us right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HollyMadison(f): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2021
Towotowo:
Anybody going to Northumbria university?

I might. I chose the London campus and I’m waiting for conditional offer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
Buku:

Thanks for helping. So what do I attach with our baby's application, a cover letter to explain the reason and consent letter from both of us right?

Yes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

Yes.

Thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sammyoo: 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
Yes, I would be going to University of Sunderland (London campus though) soon.
I didn't present IELTS result, I only used my WAEC result and English letter from my University.
The deposit in my offer letter is 2000 and not 3500.

Which course are you going for? Masters or Undergraduate?
You can as well get in touch with the country representative to ask more questions.

EddieMurphie:
Please any University of Sunderland student in the house.

The offer stated that I provide an IELTS result even though I uploaded my neco. What can I do as I don’t intend writing the exam?

They also said £3500 deposit and Full payment of the balance upon registration/enrollment. This one is not an issue though.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
Buku:

Justwise I like it when one tells the truth on the their application irrespective of the outcome (approval/refusal).

In my own experience years years ago 14-15yrs back (HSMP/Tier 1 General migrant), myself, my sister and my mom (main applicant) were all refused because my dad didn’t apply with us even though there was a consent letter from my dad stating the reasons. This was the main reason for refusal.

Mom later applied alone and travelled to the UK.

2 years later, I was over 18 at the time I couldn’t apply again as a dependant. My sister applied as a dependant but she was refused again simply because my dad didn’t apply with her. My dad wrote a consent letter oooo and mentioned how he was a high ranking civil servant with the federal government.

Weeks after getting the refusal, dad now agreed to eventually apply with my sister and they were both granted. They went to the uk together and popsie came back a week later. Both mom and sis now have red passports despite the fact that popsie wasn’t involved in future applications.

All I am trying to say is that those entry clearance officers are crazy.

All of you can apply together including your husband. Then he can later come back and decide what he wants to do later in future.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
If u need a licence or registration by a professional body before you can practice, the professional body will not grant u the licence if your degree isn’t accredited

Hence, I’d avoid any uni that their course hasn’t been accredited by the professional body

Samopex05:

Are there any implications if I study a course that is not accredited by a regulating body. In my case, I am going for MA-Journalism.

Some of the schools I have in mind don’t have the course accredited by these bodies. Schools like MMU, SHU, Uni of Chester and Leeds Beckett don’t have this course accredited yet they offer it. I went the extra mile of checking their websites just to be sure. (nctj & bjtc websites).

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
I wouldn’t advise that tho, it might come back to haunt you.

He can simply give consent letter and attach his data page of international passport and birth certificate of the child

But the best is still for him to apply and travel with y’all for like a week or 2, then he can return back to his work in 9ja

Buku:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2021
justwise:

If the course is not accredited it means that employers will not be able to verify it, there is no way to know if the awarding university meets high standards of quality for that course, if you have a job already then accreditation does not matter that much

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2021
omopapa:
If u need a licence or registration by a professional body before you can practice, the professional body will not grant u the licence if your degree isn’t accredited

Hence, I’d avoid any uni that their course hasn’t been accredited by the professional body

Thanks, I would avoid such schools. But how is it that some schools offer courses that aren’t accredited by the body regulating it? This is amusing honestly!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
DeeOneBangin:

Justwise I like it when one tells the truth on the their application irrespective of the outcome (approval/refusal).

In my own experience years years ago 14-15yrs back (HSMP/Tier 1 General migrant), myself, my sister and my mom (main applicant) were all refused because my dad didn’t apply with us even though there was a consent letter from my dad stating the reasons. This was the main reason for refusal.

2 years later, I was over 18 at the time I couldn’t apply again as a dependant. My sister applied as a dependant but she was refused again simply because my dad didn’t apply with her. My dad wrote a consent letter oooo and mentioned how he was a high ranking civil servant with the federal government.

Weeks after getting the refusal, dad now agreed to eventually apply with my sister and they were both granted. They went to the uk together and popsie came back a week later. Both mom and sis now have red passports despite the fact that popsie wasn’t involved in future applications.

All of you can apply together including your husband. Then he can later come back and decide what he wants to do later in future.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mma24(f): 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please I am currently in Uk, but coming back first week of April for my court and white wedding. my question now is:

Is possible for my husband to apply for a dependent visa in the same month after our wedding considering the fact that my Visa ending date is next year January?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2021
omopapa:
I wouldn’t advise that tho, it might come back to haunt you.

He can simply give consent letter and attach his data page of international passport and birth certificate of the child

But the best is still for him to apply and travel with y’all for like a week or 2, then he can return back to his work in 9ja

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dharmzy370: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
Dharmzy370:
House i have a question, is it when you go for biometric you are require to submit your passport and other documents? or when. Asking as a first timer.
@justwise please help someone in need
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
Mma24:
Hi Guys,

Please I am currently in Uk, but coming back first week of April for my court and white wedding. my question now is:

Is possible for my husband to apply for a dependent visa in the same month after our wedding considering the fact that my Visa ending date is next year January?

Sure why not as long as requirements are met.

Add plenty pre-wedding things (calls,chat, pictures etc) alongside your marriage certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2021
DeeOneBangin:

I;m reading your post trying to figure out the lies in what i told the op to do.

That rule made an exception which comes into play in her case, if you can not travel as a couple you need to provide a strong and compelling reason why you can not travel as a couple. That is the rule, i did not made that up.

Some married members here over the years have gotten a visa without their husband if you have being following this thread.

Talking about lies..do you think your daddy was truthful by returning to Nigeria without staying back to support his family in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lovesavvi: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
Am currently in uk with my wife and we want to apply for our two kids, I just want to confirm which account can we put the maintenance fund for our kids, it is in d main applicant or dependant and also it is in our naija bank or uk bank?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeeOneBangin: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
justwise:

I;m reading your post trying to figure out the lies in what i told the op to do.

That rule made an exception which comes into play in her case, if you can not travel as a couple you need to provide a strong and compelling reason why you can not travel as a couple. That is the rule, i did not made that up.

Some married members here over the years have gotten a visa without their husband if you have being following this thread.

Talking about lies..do you think your daddy was truthful by returning to Nigeria without staying back to support his family in the UK?

If you like read up my post one million times, you will never find anything relating to me saying that you lied to the op.

Maybe you should actually even read again; I started my post with “I like it when one tells the truth on their application irrespective of the outcome (approval/refusal)”

You are quoting a rule that says there should be a strong and compelling reason which is the fact. And I am putting it to you that “ only saying your husband doesn’t wanna leave his job is not strong and compelling enough. Which is what you are advocating to the Op.

Then I shared my experience relating to your advice, afterwards I gave my own advice which is left to the Op to take or not.

Then talking about lies; Yes, my old man was truthful about his application and he followed the rules.

So what’s the fuss all about in me sharing my personal experience. I don’t get!

If you say wives here have gotten visas for their babies without their husbands, let them come out and say the REASON is solely because their husbands doesn’t wanna leave their jobs.

I will advice the Op and anybody who cares to listen again and again, apply with your hubby and kids, then let him come back home to his job. Talking from experience!!!

16 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mma24(f): 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2021
Thank you.

DeeOneBangin:

Sure why not as long as requirements are met.

Add plenty pre-wedding things (calls,chat, pictures etc) alongside your marriage certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by adebowalee: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
��
Its 6 working days / 8 consecutive days now. The wait is tiring. Do you think it will take longer than 14 consecutive days?

mimilyrics:
You wait till you're contacted for passport pickup.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Viola2017: 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2021
Please I just got my Telex today but then my 28days count will commence by tomorrow. Is it proper to send the Telex to the school (Ulster)now or do I wait until my POF is up to or close to 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2021
lovesavvi:
Am currently in uk with my wife and we want to apply for our two kids, I just want to confirm which account can we put the maintenance fund for our kids, it is in d main applicant or dependant and also it is in our naija bank or uk bank?

Any account is fine, irrespective of which of you it belongs to and which country it is located.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2021
Viola2017:
Please I just got my Telex today but then my 28days count will commence by tomorrow. Is it proper to send the Telex to the school (Ulster)now or do I wait until my POF is up to or close to 28days
still, send the telex to the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
Samopex05:

Most Journalism jobs require the nctj or bjtc requirements especially media outlets in the tier 2 sponsor list.

Check Glasgow Caledonian- multimedia Journalism it has both accreditation. And they teach short hand which is compulsory in uk reporting field.

You will be interviewed and you will write a test as well. Just that they are very slow. It could take months before they respond. So keep that in mind.

Check university of west scotland - Broadcast journalism it's accredited by Bjtc.

Check university of brighton as well accredited by nctj.

Then google Bjtc and Nctj websites they have all the universities that have been accredited.

I hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
DeeOneBangin:

If you like read up my post one million times, you will never find anything relating to me saying that you lied to the op.

Maybe you should actually even read again; I started my post with “I like it when one tells the truth on their application irrespective of the outcome (approval/refusal)”

You are quoting a rule that says there should be a strong and compelling reason which is the fact. And I am putting it to you that “ only saying your husband doesn’t wanna leave his job is not strong and compelling enough. Which is what you are advocating to the Op.

Then I shared my experience relating to your advice, afterwards I gave my own advice which is left to the Op to take or not.

Then talking about lies; Yes, my old man was truthful about his application and he followed the rules.

So what’s the fuss all about in me sharing my personal experience. I don’t get!

If you say wives here have gotten visas for their babies without their husbands, let them come out and say the REASON is solely because their husbands doesn’t wanna leave their jobs.

I will advice the Op and anybody who cares to listen again and again, apply with your hubby and kids, then let him come back home to his job. Talking from experience!!!

You quoted my post and made that comment and my question to you is..who is lying? No your daddy was given a dependant visa to stay in the Uk with his family and not to return to Nigeria just after. The whole idea of dependant visa is for the couple and their kids to stay in the UK to support each other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (886)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.