Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1310198 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2021
Cousiim:

Hi. Would it be easier getting a USA or Canada tourist visa whist on a student visa in U.K?

Yes

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2021
ricdavies:
If a course doesn’t have professional accreditation does that mean one can’t get a job with that degree in the UK

You can still get a job but it will be a lot difficult
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2021
Tolvin:
Okay thanks.
1. My passport will expire on the 22 of February 2022 and I intend to make a visa application in July this year. Although, I am trying to renew my passport but just incase it doesn't come in as at then, can I make use of this current passport for my application in July? I hope it won't affect the visa application.
2. The bank statement I'll be using for POF will be 2months old by the time I apply. The condition I was given by the sponsor is that the funds have to be kept in my account with a particular bank and I'll have to open a new account there. Can I go ahead with it?

1.You can use your current passport, no problem at all

2. You can't use bank statement older than a month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Toyinfabs: 9:13pm On May 22, 2021
It's usually better to just go there and book physically. Their online booking system is erratic.

Domistic:
Hello Fam

Is there a special way or hack to getting TB appointment. I just checked now and can get a date up till the 23rd of August. No other date is available. Does that mean that they have closed all dates till then. The proposed venue for my wife is Abuja

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Barad: 9:15pm On May 22, 2021
I'm not sure the reference number is much of an issue. I did mine in Abuja on Wednesday, I wasn't asked for it and I don't still know where to find it if need be, but I did conclude the test and got the certificate. If you can't find it, write to them, if it's giving you headache, chill, u will still be attended to.
Bossplaya1:
Who else is having difficulty in getting the reference number from IOM?? How can I proceed to get my reference number for a successful appointment??

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cokesboy: 9:15pm On May 22, 2021
okehsmiley:
Pls who has received unconditional offer from Teeside..I still have a conditional offer even though I have uploaded all required documents...wetin I go do now

I have received unconditional offer from Teesside, however i applied to Hull cause of the low tuition but no response yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Toyinfabs: 9:16pm On May 22, 2021
Please is it possible to use statement of account from a Microfinance Bank as POF? Or must it be a commercial bank? .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NomzyJust(m): 9:27pm On May 22, 2021
Endlessgrace:
Please is proof of finances allowed to be l banks.

Don't try it! Use commercial banks.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dietminute: 9:30pm On May 22, 2021
Someone i know got conditional offer to Teesside today!! Saturday o .. Ihe nkea o rice

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NomzyJust(m): 9:39pm On May 22, 2021
Toyinfabs:
Please is it possible to use statemt be a commercial bank? .

Use commercial banks.
DON'T PLAY GAMES!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 9:44pm On May 22, 2021
Good evening gurus, please help me to address my issue, my spouse got CAS today with £1k deposit stated on it. Meanwhile we made additional £2k payment of tuition due to the increase in rate on Thursday this week and her account has been debited but we haven't gotten TELEX as the school also confirmed they haven't receive the payment.

1. Can she go ahead to apply for the visa if the TELEX is ready and the school confirms the payment.

2. The statement of account has been printed with the rate of 600/1£, if she wait for the school to update the CAS with the new payment, the rate of pounds may go higher than 600. Will this be a problem during visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by L0rdRahl: 9:47pm On May 22, 2021
Barad:
I'm not sure the reference number is much of an issue. I did mine in Abuja on Wednesday, I wasn't asked for it and I don't still know where to find it if need be, but I did conclude the test and got the certificate. If you can't find it, write to them, if it's giving you headache, chill, u will still be attended to.

Please does this mean I can go there and get the test done without booking. As I intend going to Abuja for this and I am going from a far location. I just want to sure. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Barad: 10:00pm On May 22, 2021
I'm not sure about this. I booked online and went on the appointment date. Earlier in the thread, some people did post that they were attended to when they gate crashed while others were given closer dates. Since you'll be going there from a far location, I'll suggest you don't take the chance. Keep trying to book, send them mails, I'm certain more slots will open up by His Grace.
L0rdRahl:

Please does this mean I can go there and get the test done without booking. As I intend going to Abuja for this and I am going from a far location. I just want to sure. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Asoko80: 10:03pm On May 22, 2021
Hello naira landers I have questions regarding my proposed study application.
1. I am a widow with 2 kids would it be advisable to apply with them at the same time?
2. We where all denied a tourist visa in February this year (late dad inclusive)
3. Can I book TB test without appointment as I have been having problems with booking since last week.?
Thank you all...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yetunde62: 10:15pm On May 22, 2021
Good evening everyone, I have been following the trend for sometimes now. Please can I get people who are going to the University of West England for their masters in December. Let’s connect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 10:21pm On May 22, 2021
The school have to confirm the payment and send you a receipt to upload along side your POF.They don't re issue cas
Ojasope1:
Good evening gurus, please help me to address my issue, my spouse got CAS today with £1k deposit stated on it. Meanwhile we made additional £2k payment of tuition due to the increase in rate on Thursday this week and her account has been debited but we haven't gotten TELEX as the school also confirmed they haven't receive the payment.

1. Can she go ahead to apply for the visa if the TELEX is ready and the school confirms the payment.

2. The statement of account has been printed with the rate of 600/1£, if she wait for the school to update the CAS with the new payment, the rate of pounds may go higher than 600. Will this be a problem during visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 10:21pm On May 22, 2021
Hello everyone, has anyone gotten an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 10:32pm On May 22, 2021
Asoko80:
Hello naira landers I have questions regarding my proposed study application.
1. I am a widow with 2 kids would it be advisable to apply with them at the same time?
2. We where all denied a tourist visa in February this year (late dad inclusive)
3. Can I book TB test without appointment as I have been having problems with booking since last week.?
Thank you all...

1. You can apply with them at the same time if you choose, it makes no difference as long as you have the maintenance money for all of you.
2. Denial of tourist visa has no effect on a student visa, which is points-based.
3. Keep trying. As an aside, someone here said they just turned up at the location without an appointment, and tried their luck and were attended to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tolvin: 11:22pm On May 22, 2021
Thank you so much.
For the second question, I actually meant that by the time I will be applying for the visa, the bank account would be two months old i.e I intend to open it next week and I'll be keeping the funds for 28days starting from mid June.
justwise:

1.You can use your current passport, no problem at all

2. You can't use bank statement older than a month

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kcivskod: 12:55am On May 23, 2021
Hi y'all. Been a while here
Anyone in Cardiff interested in linking up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BizBloke(m): 1:28am On May 23, 2021
vickyhail:
Hello, which is the best among these 3 schools
Hertfordshire fees £15,500 2yrs with internship
Salford fees £11,250 after scholarship 1yr
UWE £13,750. 1yr.
All cyber security

in terms of low cost of house rent, getting job

Thanks for your reply�

UWE/Salford. Hertfordshire. In this order.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BizBloke(m): 1:57am On May 23, 2021
Seunsoul2015:

When I check Teesside Requirements,it was started that anyone ready to study in any of there courses must have English proficiency certificates

Not sure this will work but it works just fine for most/some schools in the UK: send your WAEC or NECO certificate and also explain (via mail) that you were taught in English for x number of years in your home country, Nigeria.

Shouldn't be a biggie, really.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BizBloke(m): 2:07am On May 23, 2021
TobyTreasure:
Between
� Middlesex
� Sheffield Hallam University
� Bournemouth University
Which one is better in terms of 1) tuition fee deposit, 2) cost of living, 3) availability of jobs for students and 4) English proficiency requirements.
5) And do I still have time to meet up with September intake if I start the whole admission process now?
Thanks my people.

#4: this isn't a problem/challenge. You need to inform them you were taught in English (see post above).

#5: Yes. But the sooner, the better because of your visa application.

The admission decision timeline below is an estimate (especially if you're applying by June/July or thereabouts) and could vary depending on workload but...Bournemouth University should get back to you with an admission decision within a month; Sheffield Hallam, 2 weeks and a couple of days maybe; Middlesex, not sure.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by governoragweven: 3:04am On May 23, 2021
Middlesex university, you should get a decision within a week. They are very fast when it comes to correspondences.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sammybliss23(m): 4:11am On May 23, 2021
Domistic:
Hello Fam

Is there a special way or hack to getting TB appointment. I just checked now and can get a date up till the 23rd of August. No other date is available. Does that mean that they have closed all dates till then. The proposed venue for my wife is Abuja

Noo, I think, Abuja should still have slots in July. I did yesterday morning, from 15th July till Aug there were slots. Though I couldn't generate the ref num,it was showing error message at the final stage
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dukezaga: 4:23am On May 23, 2021
[b][/b]please can we connect i applied last week I have some questions
Petite22:
Hi,I am going to University of Lincoln. MSc in Governance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sammybliss23(m): 4:28am On May 23, 2021
Sammybliss23:
Hello, goodevening. Please, how many days/months is this vignette? I thought it's 30days?. Can It be upto 90 days?. Also, the vignette days for main applicant (student) is it the same for dependant?

Please, no one has answer to this?. Someone should please clarify me. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Trinity33(m): 5:39am On May 23, 2021
Goodmorning great people, please is anybody coming from the USA to Nigerian soon, or you know anybody coming from USA to Nigerian soon, please and please quote me let me contact you.
A phone was to be sent to me, but the cost of shipping was really on the high side, i tried to use DHL, or if you know any other cheap courier please. Thanks my people, one love.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ggg4: 6:00am On May 23, 2021
please can someone provide me with information if its possible for me to pay tuition deposit from my gtb account to UK bank account and how many days will it take to reflect. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Iyanu6000: 6:03am On May 23, 2021
Good Morning Everyone,

I was told my passport is ready at the Immigration office but not yet collected because I am far to the location.

Back Story

I applied for my passport in Dec 2020 because of change of name( I am married), my former passport is still valid and has over 2 years on it.

I have used my former passport to apply for admission and CAS, please can I go ahead and use it for Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oliviaxx(f): 7:21am On May 23, 2021
Seunsoul2015:

When I check Teesside Requirements,it was started that anyone ready to study in any of there courses must have English proficiency certificates

Teesside gave me unconditional offer with just WAEC as proof of English. I’d suggest you go read the requirements on international students page.

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.