Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

9 Year Old Loses Leg,saving Baby Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 9 Year Old Loses Leg,saving Baby Sister (1111 Views)

9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) / Nigerian Girl Rocking Her Artificial Leg After An Accident - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Year Old Loses Leg,saving Baby Sister by sorrytoo: 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2011
Check out footage from NBC’s The Today Show featuring the touching story of 9-year-old Anaiah Rucker who pushed her 5-year-old sister, Camry, out of the way as an oncoming truck came toward them on their way to the bus stop last month in Madison, Georgia.
Anaiah suffered a broken neck, lost a kidney and damaged her spleen. Her left leg was shattered so badly that it had to be amputated. But she did what she had to do to save her sister’s life by pushing her out of the way. She told NBC:
“She was too young to get hit like this. If she got hit … she would be probably gone forever.”
She went on to say she loved her little sister more than anything and that although she feels like a hero she doesn’t really deserve to be one. “I just saved her life,” she said.
Their mother, Andrea Taylor, who witnessed the whole event as she watched the girls go to the bus stop, said she wasn’t surprised by Anaiah’s actions: “She has a really, really big heart,” she said. Upon Anaiah’s release from the hospital, the community held a barbecue last week to help raise money for her medical bills and make the necessary renovations to make their home wheelchair accessible. The United Bank in Madison has also established a fund in Anaiah’s name to assist the family. Click here for contact info on how to make a donation.

too touching,  cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8oiGBoNyo8&feature=player_embedded
Re: 9 Year Old Loses Leg,saving Baby Sister by Abbycrown(f): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2011
cry
Re: 9 Year Old Loses Leg,saving Baby Sister by Blazay(m): 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2011
“She was too young to get hit like this. If she got hit … she would be probably gone forever.”
She went on to say she loved her little sister more than anything and that although she feels like a hero she doesn’t really deserve to be one. “I just saved her life,” she said.

I would have done more for my one and only beaurrriful sis. I love her that much too. cool
What courage displayed at such a costly price.
Bravo!

We know our sisters too. They would not do the same for us. cheesy
You can only hope they appreciate the efforts by not calling you a 'cripple' in future. . . . like mine would be quick to do in a jiffy. Very saucy gal.cheesy

Who cares anyway? Love is always best shown with a selfless act. kiss

It does not have to be reciprocal. kiss

It is called spirituality. . .not religion. kiss
Re: 9 Year Old Loses Leg,saving Baby Sister by plappville(f): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2011
She is indeed an hero, wat a courage!!! God had intervene in that family.
Re: 9 Year Old Loses Leg,saving Baby Sister by Nobody: 5:05am On Mar 31, 2011
She's a remarkable little girl and big sister.

(1) (Reply)

Fun Childhood Memories / Her Sister Lost Her Husband's Money / My Dad Impregnated Me, Aborted It Twice – Teenager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.