Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN (7370 Views)

Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / BVN-Generated NIN Not Useful - NIMC / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Petenoir(m): 8:02am On Dec 27, 2020
Without going for registration, when you dial *346# on your BVN-linked number, it brings up your NIN with the message - This is your NIN 67000000000. Thank you.

How did the number got generated? Did it popped up from nowhere?
It's either NIMC does not know what's going on or they are confused on what to say to the public.
I think NIMC need to come out with a better explanation on why we are getting the NIN without going for registration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by donbachi(m): 8:14am On Dec 27, 2020
More than confused..we go soon hear "press *469#" for covid-19 test.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by psucc(m): 8:43am On Dec 27, 2020
Nigeria is so bad in data management. Infact, if you ask about the number of occupants in Aso Rock, (probably the smallest "village") you cannot get the figure until a committee I set up.

12 Likes

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Lisaint(m): 9:53am On Dec 27, 2020
Exactly my NiN was issued with BVN!

When i later did NIN
it was the same

2 Likes

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by officialfestus(m): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2020
Lisaint:

When i later did NIN
it was the same
really

5 Likes

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Ay04z(m): 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
Same here

1 Like

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by jadajada: 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
I'm also confuse. I have not registered with nimc, but, when I dial the code on the number I used for my bvn it brought out my nin. I will try and link it with my other numbers and see if it will be accepted.

2 Likes

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by sacajawea: 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lisaint:

When i later did NIN
it was the same
You mean when you went to register for your NIN at NIMC, the number they gave you was the Same that came out from your BVN?

When did you check with USSD on your BVN/Bank linked SIM
And When did you register for your NIN?

1 Like

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Hendrixxmalo: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
Me i have tried it didn't work
I dailed*346# on the sim I used to register bvn but it wrote I have no nin number

Petenoir:
Without going for registration, when you dial *346# on your BVN-linked number, it brings up your NIN with the message - This is your NIN 67000000000. Thank you.

How did the number got generated? Did it popped up from nowhere?
It's either NIMC does not know what's going on or they are confused on what to say to the public.
I think NIMC need to come out with a better explanation on why we are getting the NIN without going for registration.

1 Like

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by padi94(m): 3:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
There is a simple explanation for this. The so called NIN you generated on your sim when you have not registered is not your own.

Why is this or how come I have NIN without registration.
If you have heard about recycled lines, a situation where networks return old and abandoned numbers into the market for being dormant over a period of time as new lines that will be bought and registered by a new user.
Now the former owner of that line might have used it to register their NIN in the past and that is what is on the database of NIN. if the new user of that line dials the NIN checking code, it will bring out the NIN number of the old user.

SO IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED FOR NIN AND YOU HAVE AN NIN ON YOUR LINE, JUST KNOW ITS NOT YOURS.
NIMC does and has not linked BVN details to create NIN for people who don't have as they are two different agencies CBN & NIMC.

Let's be guided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Doubleoh7: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
padi94:
There is a simple explanation for this. The so called NIN you generated on your sim when you have not registered is not your own.

If you have heard about recycled lines, a situation where networks return old and abandoned numbers into the market for being dormant over a period of time as new lines that will be bought and registered by a new user.
Now the former owner of that line might have used it to register their NIN in the past and that is what is on the database of NIN. if the new user of that line dials the NIN checking code, it will bring out the NIN number of the old user.

SO IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED FOR NIN AND YOU HAVE AN NIN ON YOUR LINE, JUST KNOW ITS NOT YOURS.
NIMC does and has not linked BVN details to create NIN for people who don't have as they are two different agencies CBN & NIMC.

Let's be guided
The confidence you take type this thing now, one will think you are the communications minister. Now try this your theory again but this time explain to me how the 0803 MTN number I have used since MTN started in Naija was recycled from South Africa and I guess the previous South African owner registered it which is why if I dial the USSD code, I see my NIN

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by padi94(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2020
Doubleoh7:

The confidence you take type this thing now, one will think you are the communications minister. Now try this your theory again but this time explain to me how the 0803 MTN number I have used since MTN started in Naija was recycled from South Africa and I guess the previous South African owner registered it which is why if I dial the USSD code, I see my NIN

Long story short, go and do NIMC registration.
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Doubleoh7: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
padi94:

So what should I do with the one being displayed in my phone? Or isn't it same NIN? Abi you want me to go join crowd on top this COVID19 era?

6 Likes

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by padi94(m): 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
Doubleoh7:

So what should I do with the one being displayed in my phone? Or isn't it same NIN? Abi you want me to go join crowd on top this COVID19 era?

I do not know, but instructions is that Register with NIMC if you have not. So you fall in this category...
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Denique(f): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
The country is in a state of confusion, so??

Poor data base, poor economy, poor leadership, poor governance=poor country!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Doubleoh7: 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
padi94:

I do not know, but instructions is that Register with NIMC if you have not. So you fall in this category...

Complete the instructions naa; "register with NIMC or dial *346# to retrieve your NIN". I choose to do the latter bro grin grin grin
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Petenoir(m): 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
padi94:

Let's be guided

I've been using my line 2005. It was on Econet, so it's not a recycled line.
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by charlesm91(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
padi94:

Let's be guided
what about those whose numbers have always been theirs and never registered but still got the nin number?
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by webincomeplus(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
Petenoir:

I've been using my line 2005. It was on Econet, so it's not a recycled line.
Leave the guy alone to be typing his bull.shit with confidence.

5 Likes

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Bossman(m): 12:32am On Dec 28, 2020
When you go and register for NIN, one of the questions they ask is your BVN. I did mine at the designated center here in Chicago. If you have a BVN they will use that to get your NIN, then they are supposed to update it with the information you supplied and update the NIMC database.

1 Like

Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Kentdammy(m): 12:15pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone, so I had a very funny experience today as regards this NIN issue, let me give u a bit of background, I registered in 2018, but I was given a temporary slip which was laminated, but the slip didnot contain the nin, just some random personal info and tracking ID, so I went to their office here to complain and look for a way out, I explained the situation to them, they took my slip to verify and came back to tell me my slip was invalid, that I had to register allover again. I registered and they took my information, later they called to say I will need to get my bvn number to verify something...when I presented it, the they said those of us with bvn numbers starting with 221...already have our bvn linked with nin and we will need to retrieve the number by paying 2700 to federal government account. I mean none of this is a big deal but their story seems dubious to me...why will I need to go pay such amount again just to retrieve my number? Pls any insights nor advises will be appreciated. This NIN matter no be here oo
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
webincomeplus:

Leave the guy alone to be typing his bull.shit with confidence.

Good evening bro, Permit me to message you?
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by dustmalik: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kentdammy:
Hi everyone, so I had a very funny experience today as regards this NIN issue, let me give u a bit of background, I registered in 2018, but I was given a temporary slip which was laminated, but the slip didnot contain the nin, just some random personal info and tracking ID, so I went to their office here to complain and look for a way out, I explained the situation to them, they took my slip to verify and came back to tell me my slip was invalid, that I had to register allover again. I registered and they took my information, later they called to say I will need to get my bvn number to verify something...when I presented it, the they said those of us with bvn numbers starting with 221...already have our bvn linked with nin and we will need to retrieve the number by paying 2700 to federal government account. I mean none of this is a big deal but their story seems dubious to me...why will I need to go pay such amount again just to retrieve my number? Pls any insights nor advises will be appreciated. This NIN matter no be here oo
Which of the NIMC offices were you given this info?
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Ay04z(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2020
Kentdammy:
dial *346# on the bvn sim u use u will see ur nin
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
padi94:

oga shatap
Stop talking nonsense

i never did this NIN registration but I have one.

When these police recruitment was going on and it requires to put in your NIN which will automatically bring out your information.
i put that my NIN just to see the information it'll bring out
lo and behold it brought out my full information including the picture i used in registering my BVN

so stop talking nonsense
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by flekside(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2020
I did my NIN registration and BVN registration in 2014 but I am no longer using the number I used for both registration, so now my question is How can I get my NIN Number with the help of my BVN? Also Will linking my new phone number to BVN help me get my NIN?
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Ay04z(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2021
flekside:
I did my NIN registration and BVN registration in 2014 but I am no longer using the number I used for both registration, so now my question is How can I get my NIN Number with the help of my BVN? Also Will linking my new phone number to BVN help me get my NIN?
chat me... Will forward u ur slip
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Mrluv(m): 11:49am On Sep 26, 2021
Ay04z:
chat me... Will forward u ur slip
I have collected my own NIN since last month.I try to register new mtn sim with it yesterday i was told the NIN is not activated.I went to airtel and etisalat this same story what might be the problem.
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Ay04z(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2021
Mrluv:
I have collected my own NIN since last month.I try to register new mtn sim with it yesterday i was told the NIN is not activated.I went to airtel and etisalat this same story what might be the problem.
. U will do nin Validation can help u on dat and ur nin will be active
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Mrluv(m): 12:25am On Sep 27, 2021
Ay04z:
. U will do nin Validation can help u on dat and ur nin will be active
how do I do that
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Ay04z(m): 6:48am On Sep 27, 2021
Mrluv:
how do I do that
08134866398 whatsapp
Re: NIN: NIMC IS CONFUSED ABOUT THE BVN-ISSUED NIN by Ay04z(m): 3:11am On Oct 06, 2021
Have help somone validate a nin on this thread.. Can d person just. Come out and comment oo. Big thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Bonus: Get 500% Airtime Bonus While Making Calls / Oukitel K6000 Pro Smartphone Parameters Revealed - 6000mah, Android 6.0, 3gb Ram / Lenovo Introduces Android Phone That Looks Like Iphone 6 - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.