Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports (1525 Views)

‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / Ondo Government To Build N42bn Egg Powder Plant In Owo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Aconomist: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2020
Nigeria will soon ban fertilizer imports to allow Dangote to monopolize the markets for Urea and Ammonia. This will double the price of fertilizer and lead to rampant food inflation in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Fvckhypocrite(f): 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Aboki-Monopoly
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Fvckhypocrite(f): 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
@pendusky u sent me mail buh i cnt access the mail.
Check my number on my profile call me if its important!
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by ojun50(m): 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
I no too blame am

Na jona open yash for am dat why
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by otokx(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
There are 2 fertilizer companies in Rivers State.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by obama30: 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
Aconomist:
Nigeria will soon ban fertilizer imports to allow Dangote to monopolize the markets for Urea and Ammonia. This will double the price of fertilizer and lead to rampant food inflation in Nigeria.

When state government can't make a decision because they believe government doesn't do business but can manage tax fund, then citizen who do what government cannot do make decisions for government with treat of citizens loosing jobs.

It doesn't cause much to turn all decayable wast materials into fertilizer, without importing organic chamical for production of fertilizer.

And the once that cannot decay mostly plastics and metals can be recycling by melting it and sell the raw materials to production companies that needs it.

Many regional government in Ghana does it despite they don't receive much from Central government because they practice parliamentary system.

So what stops state government's from creating fertilizers and recycling industry, where the company in charge of correcting the wast will deliver or sell the sorted decayable wast and sell the metal to the sister company.

This way our environment will be more clean because every wast will turn to money.

The only thing that give Dangote Monopoly is blindness of governors, because they lack vision, their wisdom ends on white elephant projects and how to share state allocation fund.

They are governor's doesn't mean they know what to do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by obama30: 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
otokx:
There are 2 fertilizer companies in Rivers State.

It's own by white man, and they are not ready to use local materials instead they import chamical for production.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Guestlander: 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
Aconomist:

Where did you get this from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbVfQlEId0
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by funmike83(f): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
This man is selfish and wicked. He is so self centred
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Kzinne: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by chrisxxx(m): 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
funmike83:
This man is selfish and wicked. He is so self centred
All business men are wicked. They are all self-centered. They don't do charity or CSR where they stand to gain nothing.
Their goal in business is to maximize profit. They don't mind selling their mother at a higher price if anyone bargains and go for a cheaper mother. They don't mind.
Their motto is: The end justifies the means.
Fear Nigerian business men especially.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Tekrify(m): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
Honestly Both u and the person u quoted don't have sense ..
Government banning fertilizer is good for our economy...dollar is N380..black Market is N470..what do u think makes this possible...it simple we import unnecessary things and what we export outside (OIL) is loosing value so much Forex ain't coming in.. wasting scarce Forex to import rice , fuel, raw sugar , fertilizer and wheat.. Nigeria spends 15 percent of it entire Forex in a year just to import fuel...and u think with the rising demands we won't keep spending more...
We don't know how blessed we are if we could have 10 dangotes.. dangote alone allowed the FG to ban cement import during OBJ..he wants to do the same with fuel and fertilizer by 2023 and sugar also in the near future.. all this government couldn't do..in other to stabilise out currency we have to either find a way to boost our Forex inflow or manage it by banning useless items.. monopoly isn't ur problem... preventing naira devaluation is the main problem...after all the isn't using his money he got from monopoly to by property in Dubai like our politicians..he is stil using it to invest in Nigeria..
Items like fertilizer, sugar and fuel has to go to save Forex..and just a single man is working on getting all of them covered... imagine...
Dangote is building the world largest single line refinery, a new cement plant in Edo state, a sugar refinery in nasarawa..my dear he deserves the monopoly cuz he isn't using it to acquire 9 private jet like uzor Kalu... Nigeria will still eventually benefit from the monopoly
chrisxxx:

All business men are wicked. They are all self-centered. They don't do charity or CSR where they stand to gain nothing.
Their goal in business is to maximize profit. They don't mind selling their mother at a higher price if anyone bargains and go for a cheaper mother. They don't mind.
Their motto is: The end justifies the means.
Fear Nigerian business men especially.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:
Government banning fertilizer is good for our economy...dollar is N380..black Market is N470..what do u think makes this possible...it simple we import unnecessary things and what we export outside (OIL) is loosing value so much Forex ain't coming in.. wasting scarce Forex to import rice , fuel, raw sugar , fertilizer and wheat.. Nigeria spends 15 percent of it entire Forex in a year just to import fuel...and u think with the rising demands we won't keep spending more...
We don't know how blessed we are if we could have 10 dangotes.. dangote alone allowed the FG to ban cement import during OBJ..he wants to do the same with fuel and fertilizer by 2023 and sugar also in the near future.. all this government couldn't do..in other to stabilise out currency we have to either find a way to boost our Forex inflow or manage it by banning useless items.. monopoly isn't ur problem... preventing naira devaluation is the main problem...after all the isn't using his money he got from monopoly to by property in Dubai like our politicians..he is stil using it to invest in Nigeria..
Items like fertilizer, sugar and fuel has to go to save Forex..and just a single man is working on getting all of them covered... imagine...
Dangote is building the world largest single line refinery, a new cement plant in Edo state, a sugar refinery in nasarawa..my dear he deserves the monopoly cuz he isn't using it to acquire 9 private jet like uzor Kalu... Nigeria will still eventually benefit from the monopoly

Oga stop talking rubbish abeg.

How did the ban on the importation of rice and cement affect the country?

Which country do you know who has a stable economy that sell their forex to resellers like we have in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by CodeTemplar: 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2020
One-sided govt. They might listen to him now. He owns Nigeria (practically).
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by chrisxxx(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:
How some of you choose clownism over rationale engagement baffles me. America with all their production machineries still upholds the principle of comparative cost advantage.
You must not show your poor home upbringing wherever you may find yourself. Be civil. It is a virtue. Learn how to respect others thought and express yours with no opprobrium. Bad character they say is like a flat tyre; it takes you to nowhere.
To put the record straight I am not for or against banning any product.
I only tried to educate the person I replied him about what businessmen are after. Cut-throat profit making at the expense of the masses. It is not only Dangote, all business owners especially here in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by chrisxxx(m): 7:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Which country do you know who has a stable economy that sell their forex to resellers like we have in Nigeria?
Don't mind the infant. It is time Seun started deregistering those who are less than 18 years. This will keep at bay people like him.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Tekrify(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2020
Black marker only exist because of insufficient Forex....CBN intentional makes it like that so that no just anyhow people get access to it ...
The ban on cement helped us and Inshort it still help us .. imagine if all the dangote trucks filled with cement came from abroad..let also factor in how much we spend on fuel import..if u think dollar will be 380 ..ur dreaming..it like u don't understand that cement is in the same high demand as fuel...
Nigeria had introduced black market since Babangida time..so was our economy not more stable until 2014...
The ban on rice yeilded almost no effect..the only ones that gained where farmers..until we are able to meet demands ..there is nothing we can do about rice...
Lastly dangote met our demands with cement..his oil refinery will meet our demands..the fertilizer plant next to it including some major plants like one in PH will meet our demand..once that done in about a half a decade...we can permanently ban them...if crude oil prices doesn't Futher slide for about a decade..the economic situation will remain stable until the next big thing...
soulpeppersoup:

Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Tekrify(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2020
U made it sound as if he isn't doing u a favour...
What u should understand is..such principles are the same all around the globe...even the top companies in the US ur talking about do the same...a big example is Apple and it over priced products, what about Samsung.. as far as the profit is mostly reinvested in the country u can't castigate dangote...it better than a foreign company that will invest in here and take their profit outside the country..do u think all the foreign companies in Nigeria are really interested in the growth of our economy..they only want to make their Money and take dem to their home land and foreign banks.. If dangote charges more and at the end of the day all the Money is reinvested here it better than Chinese companies that take Nigerians as slaves and take all their profit outside Nigeria... what makes an economy healthy is the circulation of money in that economy..if more money( Forex) leaves the economy expect fall in GDP and ofcourse recession...

Lastly my age has nothing to do with this, it just common economics that people fail to understand and mostly inckude sentiment in judgements... although I will admit my approach could be better..
chrisxxx:

How some of you choose clownism over rationale engagement baffles me. America with all their production machineries still upholds the principle of comparative cost advantage.
You must not show your poor home upbringing wherever you may find yourself. Be civil. It is a virtue. Learn how to respect others thought and express yours with no opprobrium. Bad character they say is like a flat tyre; it takes you to nowhere.
To put the record straight I am not for or against banning any product.
I only tried to educate the person I replied him about what businessmen are after. Cut-throat profit making at the expense of the masses. It is not only Dangote, all business owners especially here in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by amakadlite(f): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
This govt and it's economic team are so dump. ever since they came on board started their nonsense bans and policing dollars as if their lives depends on it, things has really good bad. allow the market operations. practice comparative economy as contained in trade unions and not fraustrate the masses with choking economic policies of 1758. look at where we are now.
we need to be self sufficient before banning all these products. we aren't close to that, we don't even have the technology to produce most of the goods we need.

why is that when it gets to their health care, they jet to the UK, why not ban medical trips that take millions of our scarce resources out there?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2020
If not monopoly
Dangote will be hawking plaintain at orile
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by chrisxxx(m): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:
What u should understand is..such principles are the same all around the globe...even the top companies in the US ur talking about do the same...a big example is Apple and it over priced products, what about Samsung.. as far as the profit is mostly reinvested in the country u can't castigate dangote...it better than a foreign company that will invest in here and take their profit outside the country..do u think all the foreign companies in Nigeria are really interested in the growth of our economy..they only want to make their Money and take dem to their home land and foreign banks.. If dangote charges more and at the end of the day all the Money is reinvested here it better than Chinese companies that take Nigerians as slaves and take all their profit outside Nigeria... what makes an economy healthy is the circulation of money in that economy..if more money( Forex) leaves the economy expect fall in GDP and ofcourse recession...

Lastly my age has nothing to do with this, it just common economics that people fail to understand and mostly inckude sentiment in judgements... although I will admit my approach could be better..
Now you have spoken. Most people here disagree with people by first abusing them before they make their points. Bros, if you are not Dangote, you have got nothing to gain by banning importation of fertilizer.
Economics of course prefers all goods should be manufactured in the country.
The same economics talks about the principle of comparative cost advantage.
If buying a finished crude oil product from Norway will come cheaper than refining in Nigeria, economics supports buying from Norway and use the balance to optimize areas you hold advantage.
Presently a bag of cement goes for over 4k just because of close to monopoly of the market.
Business men don't really care about you. Don't mind what they tell you about foreign exchange.
No country imports finished products more than US but their currency still remains very strong.
Nigerians needs affirmative action in their survival ventures.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Aconomist: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:

Dangote sends most of his profits to his offshore account in the Cayman and British Virgin Islands.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Aconomist: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:

Dangote was implicated in the Panama Papers money laundering scandal, along with 13 of his family members. The man is a crook.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:
Black marker only exist because of insufficient Forex....CBN intentional makes it like that so that no just anyhow people get access to it ...
The ban on cement helped us and Inshort it still help us .. imagine if all the dangote trucks filled with cement came from abroad..let also factor in how much we spend on fuel import..if u think dollar will be 380 ..ur dreaming..it like u don't understand that cement is in the same high demand as fuel...
Nigeria had introduced black market since Babangida time..so was our economy not more stable until 2014...
The ban on rice yeilded almost no effect..the only ones that gained where farmers..until we are able to meet demands ..there is nothing we can do about rice...
Lastly dangote met our demands with cement..his oil refinery will meet our demands..the fertilizer plant next to it including some major plants like one in PH will meet our demand..once that done in about a half a decade...we can permanently ban them...if crude oil prices doesn't Futher slide for about a decade..the economic situation will remain stable until the next big thing...

Bros you dey yarn dust.

Since the introduction of the black market, has naira ever gained and remain stable for 2 months?

If Dangote doesn't monopolize the market with free import even at high cost of dollar, price of goods will fall.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Aconomist: 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Tekrify(m): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
cool cool cool
Naira was stable when professor soludo was the CBN governor.. it was stable and sustainable for nearly 7 years ..down to sanusi time..it got devalued at a little rate but remained stable... please did u ever complain of rise in cost of goods during OBJ year adua or GEJ...The time when the naira shock the country was in 2014... nearly 90 percent fall .. Ibrahim Babangida mismanaged economy at his time... He introduced Black market not to mention the second worst recession happened in his tenure
soulpeppersoup:

Bros you dey yarn dust.

Since the introduction of the black market, has naira ever gained and remain stable for 2 months?

If Dangote doesn't monopolize the market with free import even at high cost of dollar, price of goods will fall.
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:
cool cool cool
Naira was stable when professor solo was the CBN governor.. it was stable and sustainable for nearly 7 years ..down to Sanusi time..it got devalued at a little rate but remained stable... please did u ever complain of rising in the cost of goods during OBJ year adua or GEJ...The time when the naira shock the country was in 2014... nearly 90 percent fall .. Ibrahim Babangida mismanaged the economy at his time... He introduced the Black market not to mention the second-worst recession that happened in his tenure

Naira has been steadily falling only that it has not been as fast as it is under Buhari.

Take a look at this and tell me which government has not witnessed a steady fall of the naira against the dollar.

https://qz.com/africa/564513/a-not-so-brief-history-of-the-fall-and-fall-of-the-nigerian-naira/amp/
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2020
Some people come here to write rubbish.What has your lazy father, family and your generation contributted to improve Nigeria.They should have banned the importation of fertilizer since yesterday.If you and and your like have a problem with that go create something that is beneficial to the country and have your own Monopoly.When you have nothing to offer humanity you will be seeing all business men as crooked.Then your poverty mentally will be spreading all the country.Next is to be advising how they spend there money and how to donate as charity.. Please poverty is a thing of the mind go get yourself and generation out of poverty and stop seeing dangota as your excuse....lazy mind
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:
All what you wrote is a joke.
Cement is produced by dangote in Nigeria yet the price is expensive than an imported cement from China in Ghana, beniné Republic, Nigerians allow nonsense to happen in this country supported by mugus and corrupt leaders.
Dangote refinery with it's capacity, the finance minister is saying that the price is same with international price, it will not reduce the price of petrol.
Be there and keep hoping. grin grin
Re: Dangote Is Pressuring The Government To Ban Fertilizer Imports by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Tekrify:

How do you know that the money is reinvested in Nigeria, do you see any promising growth in Nigeria economy over the last five years?
The economy keep growing at a negative, inflation keep increasing, Nigerians can't afford.
Products such as Apple compete with others comparatively in terms of cost unlike Nigeria where the citizens are held to ransom on one man's product who's exploiting Nigerians in the name of monopoly.
We can see the positive in the USA what of Nigeria with the likes of dangote rather people are complaining about pricing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Importance Of Irrigation / What's The Most Profitable Area/branch Of Agriculture In Nigeria. / Integrated Garden Solar Light, All In One Solar Light With Motion Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.