Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over (56809 Views)

Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage? / Why The Sudden Madness For Benz Cars? / Just For (BENZ LOVERS)Toks M/BENZ. C240.saloon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2020
NihiIist:

All these Benz this Benz that una dey hype. Benz no cost now so how will you say it's the symbol of success lol. That's blasphemy. [/b]You go see better s class for 5M sef[b]. Asides the gwagon series, Benz is cheap and affordable.

ACRI BrightJay SocialJustice
I just check JIJI now, and I dey see Benz S class of #4m shocked

Most of the cheap S class are Nigerian use though. How good are they, is it advisable to buy one of it?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 9:20am On Dec 28, 2020
Drizzy5001:
guy, why u hate benz like this? grin nawa 4 u o

Cos it doesn't meet up with the parameters I want in a car.

grin

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by ElPhoche(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2020
Chimaokigwe:

5M for S class. Lol. No wonder you think benz is hyped. When you finally develop taste for quality, you'll see that what you typed is not just it.
The guy deh talk where im level deh. A 2016 S550 is sold for 60-50k dollars. A 2020 S560 is sold for 115k dollars. A friend of mine bought a 2021 RX 350 for about 60k dollars earlier this month. My guy just deh reason S class of 2005-2006 grin
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by focus7: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
Sometimes ago, a nairalander compared the sudden madness for Benz cars to the madness Nigerians had for blackberry between 2007 and 2013. He was bashed , insulted and bruised. He was right afterall, it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular. It was so bad a particular nairalander was even comparing a Benz model to the rolls Royce wriath.

There was a time Range Rover was the reigning thing, Benz took over and Toyota venza came into the limelight briefly. Now it's Lexus. Which will be next?

Lexus is definitely a good product but claiming that is taking over from Benz is delusional. Benz is a car that is in its own class and cannot be rival by any product

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Edusouls(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2020
Blacks are idle minded, lazy, and so greedy that’s why we are consumers..
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by flexyrule(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2020
ElijahIme1992:
As in eh in Uyo na so u go jst dey see Lexus cars for road like water....e jst b like overnight everybody jst switch from spider enta lexus
Which part of Uyo abeg?
Cuz since I enter this town, Na so so empty roads I just drive on. Na kekes and mini busses full everywhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

Man wey sabi...no mind those blind Benz fans wey no sabi wetin dey reign for market.

The car topping the list of classy cars is owned by VW.

Dem blind benz fans dey here dey yarn dust.
grin
As in eeh, Most people hyping Benz no even know about VW, how can you say you know anything about cars and yet you no sabi VW?
Benz is overrated in Nigeria.
Luxury no be them carry first,
Maintenance no be them carry first,
Reliability no be them carry first,
So why the hype?

4 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by ElPhoche(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
See as guys dey talk cars. Am ea on my bed typing with my small itel. OLUWA WHEN. . Help me oo . . Since i was a kid benz has been top class till now. . Even mechanic and car dealers go testify. Because infinix plenty no be say its taking over from iphone
This your content funny well. Couldn't have been aptly said

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Drizzy5001(m): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

Cos it doesn't meet up with the parameters I want in a car.

grin
Lol, so which car meet up with your parameter?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by QualityPro690: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2020
Corolla And Benz which is better
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by excessmon(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2020
Baba u no get any of the two jawe..... how much do they sell a brand new benz....... it’s wxpensive we know but no be to say times 2 of Lexus
Beverlyjean:
Lexus can never replace the ultimate symbol of success... bmw , range rover all tried but failed and those a bigger brands .... the G 63 will buy u 2 lexus LX 570... the c 400 will get u 2 is250 , the S 550 will get u about 4 lexus LS ... I have mercedes and lexus ... mercedes is better well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by smatme(m): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2020
OP.
Don't ever, don't ever,

I repeat,

Don't ever make the mistake of comparing benz wt lexus.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by chccho(m): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2020
Its only in Nigeria people are so crazy about benz!! Well i guess its cos we are narrow minded people in taste, experiences, and exposure.
There are so many fantastic American, Italian, German and Japanese cars so whats all the fuss about Bmw, Toyota, Lexus, Range Rover, Benz are all great cars.
If u drive a Cadillac u will know luxury varies in categories.
How many Benz SUVs can do what a Land rover, Or a Ford, or Toyota can do off road??
Lexus is a fantastic luxury vehicle and equally as good as a benz. Its all about the preference of the user/driver.
Pls dont get me wrong Benz is a fantastic car but, there are so many other great cars and Lexus is equally as good too!!

4 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2020
still enjoying my lexus es350 grin
benz was way beyond me
tho it was my preferred choice
so i had to choose btw an avalon , spider or a sedan lexus
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Chimaokigwe: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2020
AFONAMARO:

So, you mean everyone with "proper money" all got benz?

Jokers everywhere!

Everyone with proper money has a Benz. 90% of world leaders who use Benz cannot be wrong. The

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by IkpuMmadu: 9:51am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

Man wey sabi...no mind those blind Benz fans wey no sabi wetin dey reign for market.

The car topping the list of classy cars is owned by VW.

Dem blind benz fans dey here dey yarn dust.
grin
Oga this is where you are making the mistake ... Benz doesn't reign, it has never reigned and it's not for everyone. Benz is for a category of people. It's a niche car... It doesn't reign .. it has always been there for over 60yrs

Lexus, I mean rebadged toyota can reign.... It's understandable

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Elxandre(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2020
chccho:
Its only in Nigeria people are so crazy about benz!! Well i guess its cos we are narrow minded people in taste, experiences, and exposure.
There are so many fantastic American, Italian, German and Japanese cars so whats all the fuss about Bmw, Toyota, Lexus, Range Rover, Benz are all great cars.
If u drive a Cadillac u will know luxury varies in categories.
How many Benz SUVs can do what a Land rover, Or a Ford, or Toyota can do off road??
Lexus is a fantastic luxury vehicle and equally as good as a benz. Its all about the preference of the user/driver.
Pls dont get me wrong Benz is a fantastic car but, there are so many other great cars and Lexus is equally as good too!!
A Gclass is one of the very best at offroading.

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by mdchikezie(m): 9:54am On Dec 28, 2020
iLearner:
Lmao
What lexus would you choose over any of these luxuries?

no be luxury be the issue.
most are going for cost factor and it stands till next tomorrow.
we aint like dubai where almost everyone is a millionaire in dollars, so what we go for are the ones we can afford immediately.

if you are going for luxury then bentley and rolls royce, aston martin and maserati are all over the market, can you afford the bumper and fender

4 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2020
IkpuMmadu:

Oga this is where you are making the mistake ... Benz doesn't reign, it has never reigned and it's not for everyone. Benz is for a category of people. It's a niche car... It doesn't reign .. it has always been there for over 60yrs

Lexus, I mean rebadged toyota can reign.... It's understandable

Lol... grin
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by xtervaganza(m): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2020
I use a lexus but no try compare oo. Benz will always be Benz.

There is this video online where the guy slammed the hood of Benz and one other car like that. That Benz sound better lol
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Beverlyjean(f): 10:04am On Dec 28, 2020
NihiIist:

All these Benz this Benz that una dey hype. Benz no cost now so how will you say it's the symbol of success lol. That's blasphemy. You go see better s class for 5M sef. Asides the gwagon series, Benz is cheap and affordable.

ACRI BrightJay SocialJustice

Do u know the price of the S class will get u one G class and a c400
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by criuze(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2020
cheap boys cheaps cars
person no go hear because una dey ride $6000 cars

no be person then carry two rolls Royce phantom at once
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by ElijahIme1992(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2020
flexyrule:
Which part of Uyo abeg?
Cuz since I enter this town, Na so so empty roads I just drive on. Na kekes and mini busses full everywhere.
Lol places like Atiku, 4 lanes, usongoma, oron road going to shelter afrik...but u no lie sha keke plenty o...I guess dats y transportation is very cheap...which part u dey?
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by aloziedaya(m): 10:10am On Dec 28, 2020
NihiIist:
Moreover most of these foreign manufacturers know alot of Nigerians love luxury but can't afford it. They know Nigerians love premium luxury but they don't have the money so what they do is give you something a little close to luxury. That's the case with Benz, it's an economy class luxury.

So are you saying that Mercedes is building their models with Nigerians in mind? Rubbish‼️ 90% of the cars you see in Nigeria were not bought brand new but after use. How then is Mercedes benefitting from the used(tokunbo) cars we are dying for in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Beverlyjean(f): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2020
excessmon:
Baba u no get any of the two jawe..... how much do they sell a brand new benz....... it’s wxpensive we know but no be to say times 2 of Lexus

I hope u have been schooled well

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Kylce042(m): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
Sometimes ago, a nairalander compared the sudden madness for Benz cars to the madness Nigerians had for blackberry between 2007 and 2013. He was bashed , insulted and bruised. He was right afterall, it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular. It was so bad a particular nairalander was even comparing a Benz model to the rolls Royce wriath.

There was a time Range Rover was the reigning thing, Benz took over and Toyota venza came into the limelight briefly. Now it's Lexus. Which will be next?

Lexus na just cheap ride. Where Buhari’s hardship has placed people. Benz nah Benz. Nah ride for much bigger fishes
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by flexyrule(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2020
ElijahIme1992:
Lol places like Atiku, 4 lanes, usongoma, oron road going to shelter afrik...but u no lie sha keke plenty o...I guess dats y transportation is very cheap...which part u dey?
Around the Ikot Ekpene road axis. Any recommendation for nice swimming pools.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by ElijahIme1992(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2020
[quote author=sacajawea post=97489035]
How?[/quote) A middle class family can easily afford a Lexus sedan car which affords more luxury dan a Toyota but is cheap...it is not as luxurious as a Benz which is out of reach for a middle class family because it is very expensive... But if u want to go for a car dat will upgrade ur status u go for a Benz and don't get me started on d engine power and d aesthetics of a benz ..u knw everything dat makes a Benz a Benz ask Lewis Hamilton d formula one driver
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by ElijahIme1992(m): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2020
flexyrule:
Around the Ikot Ekpene road axis. Any recommendation for nice swimming pools.
I don't swim, so I don't really have an idea...me I fear water pass SARS o...d only water I dey comfortable wit na d one I dey use bath and drink

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Kay25(m): 10:28am On Dec 28, 2020
nope benz is for those who have the money lexus is good though in the sense of cost and maintenance is lesser than that of benz..benz is a machine no be just car
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by lordchiz(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2020
Sysdatek:
cool
Not used benz b4
But planning on adding it to my 017 mdx and my current 018 rx350

I want the gle450 coupe

Just mechanic scare me if they can repair it
Bros no vex abeg....
Do me Xmas naaa
Me na food I dey find only!
2085390928- UBA
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by tyup(m): 10:30am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
@ acri honestly instill don't know what's luxury about Benz. Maybe you don't know the meaning of luxury. That's how one was comparing Benz to Audi lol as if Audi na Benz mate.

Audi and Benz are brothers from same mothers just that Benz is the elder bro but both are similarly unique

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures / I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.