Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan (39926 Views)

4 Staff Of Akwa Ibom Newspaper Die In Accident While Returning From Wedding / My Visit To Argo Legendary Ship Of Myth In Volos, Greece (photos) / My Visit To The Groove Of Oranmiyan Staff... Ile-Ife(with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by travelwaka: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
Compliments of the Season.
Oranmiyan is the son of Oduduwa (the progenitor of the Yoruba race). Oranmiyan was a warrior, a King, an Adventurer and a traveller. This is why he was one of the most travelled Kings in Yoruba history. I guess He just wanted to see the world. He travelled from Ile Ife to Benin, from Benin he founded the Oyo Empire. He even went as far as Dahomey (now Benin Republic). This is one of the reasons why I took special interest in him. He is one of my favourite characters in the Yoruba History. He must have lived a fulfilled life.

I have heard a lot about the Oranmiyan Staff, They claimed it is over a thousand years, Some even said there is radiocarbon evidence to prove that.
According to the priest at the shrine, he said after he left Benin city, he founded Oyo Empire, he decided to come back home to Ile Ife. To regain his father's throne.

He became the King of Ile Ife. But as an adventurer, he decided to go on another adventure but this time, he wanted to go alone. His people were worried that he may not come back or something bad might happen to him. Or worse case another city may invade them. So he told them should there ever be a time where they get invaded, they should make some incantations, he will be right there.

Not too long after he went on exile, a neighbouring city decided to invade them. So his wife quickly made those incantations. Legend has it that he appeared from the sky with his horse like a burning chariot, devouring everything on its way. Not knowing that he was also killing his people including his best friend. ON realizing his wrongs, he came he struck the ground with his staff and ever since, it has become a rock-like object.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfFM3vEaA7g&feature=emb_title

https://www.travelwaka.com/opa-oranmiyan-the-history-of-the-staff-of-oranmiyan/#google_vignette

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by travelwaka: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
It is a shrine , this is the place where all the Kings in Ile Ife get their staff of office.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by illicit(m): 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
Cock and bull story....

Absurdities

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by travelwaka: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
Pictures of the Staff

6 Likes

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by travelwaka: 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
Lalasticlala what do you think of this legendary Staff.

1 Like

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by ednut1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
[i]Not too long after he went on exile, a neighbouring city decided to invade them. So his wife quickly made those incantations. Legend has it that he appeared from the sky with his horse like a burning chariot, devouring everything on its way. Not knowing that he was also killing his people including his best friend. ON realizing his wrongs, he came he struck the ground with his staff and ever since, it has become a rock-like object.[/i] naso

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by cyberaddict: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Opa Oranmiyan close to Arubidi. I really miss Ile-Ife.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by Sabadon(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
This could be a good tourist site wink wink wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by DrChukki: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
He was a traveler like the man in Aso Rock... Educative post

7 Likes

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by Spaxon(f): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Sometimes I do really find truths in this Myths

I got to love the Greek Mythology.
And I can draw some truths from them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by Newconcept88: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nice

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Sincerely speaking, is this a staff or pillar?
It could even be the shape of Oranmiyan's dick

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by janedonez(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
Great
Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by GeneralPula: 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
[s]Not too long after he went on exile, a neighbouring city decided to invade them. So his wife quickly made those incantations. Legend has it that he appeared from the sky with his horse like a burning chariot, devouring everything on its way. Not knowing that he was also killing his people including his best friend. ON realizing his wrongs, he came he struck the ground with his staff and ever since, it has become a rock-like object[/s]

Lies..Which neighboring city?

Btw.. Una sure say den never sell the original staff?

Cuz in my country, anything can happen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by investorMK(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
L
Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by slawormiir: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
I perused through the article while blazing my weed as I put on my intellectual cap

I must say the article is trying to validate the fact that Binis are the fathers of yorubas especially the people of ile ife

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by MackIV(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
Damn
Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by rawtouch: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
cool
Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by goodyvin02(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
Madmen story grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by doggedfighter(f): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2020
Huge joke

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
Here to learn one or two things. I wouldn't say I believe your story op regarding the staff but as an inquisitive mind will be much knee in understanding one or two things regarding the staff.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by QualityPro99: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by HerMajestyCares(f): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
SINCE A SHRINE IS INVOLVE IT MEANS THERE MUST BE AN IDOL IN THAT SHRINE,

WHICH ALSO MEANS THAT THEY WORSHIP THE DEVIL,

I ONLY BELIEVE AND SERVE THE TRUE LIVING GOD ALMIGHTY,
AND NOT ON SOME WOOD gods.

I THANK JESUS FOR WEALTH AND LIFE cheesy cheesy

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by clacicar: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
One word 'Myth'.

2 Likes

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by Incognito403: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
Idolatry people.

Why didn't they do their incantations when that small Modakeke town was hitting them hot-hot.

Elebo no fit get sense. That's how one werey dey disguise as bird for Anambra yesterday.

Abeg I can't laff jare. Awon hoeponu ayirada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by Perfectsouth(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
Na this one those hoodlums for go carry naw

1 Like

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by ImDStar: 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
History is good.

1 Like

Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by tellsblinks(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
I'm seeing a tall tree
Abi is it from my eyes?
Re: The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan by ReorxTohGan(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
goodyvin02:
Madmen story grin
I swear..lol
how that thing take resemble staff for em eyes!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Final Year Delta Poly Students Die In Ghastly Motor Accident (Graphic Pics) / The New Terminal, Malam Aminu Kano International Airport In Pictures / The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.