Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? (22104 Views)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2021 / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Kalatium(m): 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
If there is a year people won't forget it is definitely be this year. Many things happened from the pandemic to protest.
And Finally the hear is coming to an end.

Here are top lessons i was able to learn in 2020.

1. Life is unpredictable. You don't know what will befall you for the future is not within our locus of control . Anything can happen in life. I was suppose to graduate this year but the pandemic scattered everything.

2. Every disappointment is an opportunity to someone. While we were in the midst of Covid19 and alot lost their jobs, some people made more money than any other year.

2. Never trust people words but actions. People give empty promises. It doesn't matter even if they swear it is gibberish.

4. People are selfish. No one can truly love you except yourself. Anyone can betray you at anytime.

5. Those in authority almost always think they are above the law.

6. Never try to fight those who are more powerful than you or else they crush you. Never out shine your master as Robert Greene will put it.

7. Nothing spread faster than fear. People who are insecure will spread lies to make others fear.

8. We do everything in life to make us forget death. We keep ourselves busy with work, sports, movies etc for boredom reminds us of loneliness and death. This month of December was very scary for many people died and it made me think deeply about life.

9. Be careful with flaunting your wealth. People are envious of successful people. The more you showcase yourself the more some people resent you.

10. Blame shifting. People like to shift blame on others. Most people do not want to be blamed, so they their subordinates, the government , their spouse, family etc.

95 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by dawnomike(m): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Biggest lesson...
The wise makes more money in time of chaos grin

35 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by lazkizz(m): 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2020
I Learnt that Forex and bet9ja are twins brothers..... if am right click the LIKE buttom, if am wrong click SHARE

262 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Blessedboy23(m): 7:11am On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt about corona virus in 2020 cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Blessedboy23(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt to be stingy forever wink

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Auxtin85(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2020
I have learnt that I’m only alive cos of God’s Grace, I’m no way better than those that died, their sins are not bigger than mine and my life is not better than theirs.

Lastly a woman that want to dump your sorry asss won’t remember how good you have been.

I made gains and a huge loss in 2020

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by ATEAMS: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Sey this life wey we dey so ..no balance e no balance oooo

Based on sey the only thing constant is change

Many piipu go kuku doubt me ..na y them dey enter Express anyhow

Not with standing sey WAHALA e b like bicycle.e no mid fuel.to start Sam Sam.....

Most of them dey run flat tyre sef

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by legacystore: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
grin

1. Depending on only salary is slavery

2. Nigerians love ponzi scheme like mad, invest chicken and get a goat weekly n boom they all jump in grin u won't believe my boss that was acting strict invested 10m in mba forest lol grin n the idi.ot invested just in September n now taking out his frustration on staff

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by lekki1444: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
i learnt that this world is nothing and is very fickle. nothing matters anymore. no need to be unhappy because goals have not been achieved because at the end of the day ? those goals dont mean nothing. in all things acquire wisdom knowledge and understanding. nothing else matters

now i walk around wiith bathroom slippers and dont care what the world thinks. Bleep the world. its fickle and dont mean nothing. in 2020 i have seen men of dignity and of means turn wretched right before my eyes. everythng is a front

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by ojotobiloba1: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Long distance relationship is a big scam
Every Disappointment is a Blessing in Disguise

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Abiamaka(m): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that there is no power but of GOD

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by DropsMic(m): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
1. People ain't shit
2. Religious people are the worst people to do business with
3. Never say Never
4. The Government doesn't give a flying fvck about us.. More than 2 months after the lekki saga no one has been arrested. Neither has anything been done about our demands
5. Nigerians are not that smart.
6. God has left Nigeria

7. Only women, children, cats and dogs are loved unconditionally.. A man is only loved under the condition that he provides something.

And last but not the least.

If you are a guy and you don't have money.. No matter how handsome, tall, educated, fresh, eloquent you are, you are a NOBODY.

Extra: Once people know you as the forgiving type, you are doomed

Another thing i learned is that nairalanders are most likely to patronize your business when you tell them to see your signature

135 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by zanebaddo(m): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
You can be consistent, hard-working, patient intelligent and still fail.

You don't know the feeling of having done everything right to succeed but you are still failing.

its grace, Luck,fate, few happy accidents.

All are architects of fate.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by MrWhaley: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Say Bye-Bye to losing business clients and opportunities due to PayPal's restriction on Nigerians usage by getting this step by step E-book guide on 'How to create a Verified and Approved PayPal account' that can send and receive money to and from anywhere in the world.

GET YOUR PERSONAL COPY OF THE E-BOOK NOW AT A DISCOUNT PRICE OF JUST 1,500 NAIRA.

Send a DM to get this opportunity quickly!

https://twitter.com/real_chambers_/status/1343862852881362945?s=19
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Stephansmily(f): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Whoever said "family is all we've got" lied to us, because in reality you're all you've got.

Learnt this the hard way. 2020 is most definitely the worst year of my life.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt about life in another perspective

1 Like

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by kiddkash(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
in 2020,

I learnt if you don't have money, you are a slave to the person that has.

whatever food the person wants to eat, that's what you'll eat

if the person is expecting a visitor, you must leave the house and roam about in the street

in 2021, God will make us achieve our Dreams and make money, so that we'll never rely on anyone

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Lovelies1: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Oops
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Churchill6767: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Wetin I learn sef?

18 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by prodev988: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Good
Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by 400billionman: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that people don't love or respect you.

They either love or respect your money, or they want to use you to achieve their selfish ends.

Deceit is a rollercoaster. If you don't realize it, you move from one level of it, to the NEXT LEVEL.

People who force their opinions on others are the worst form of destroyers of value.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by alphaconde(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
early In January when my company sacked some of us

though I wasn't sacked

I learned when employers want to enslave u they would say customer is king but they did'nt contact the customer before sacking its employee

so from then i concluded i was a slave and needed to fight for freedom

so i have started my own business though am still working

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by merits(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2020
My lessons are below pix

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Igbankpa(m): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
make your plans as human having at the back of your mind that there is an ultimate plan which is GODs plan.

19 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by BabaIbo: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
You can survive any situation as long as you are alive and you don't relent.

Doing Business is similar to being in a war...

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by 400billionman: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that many Nigerians are INVESTORS.

They like investing in things they don't understand. Just promise them 30% a month.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by superfelix: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
I learnt that this Country have gone to the dogs.. Nigeria no fit better again.. The country don kpafuka.. The events of the End Sars Movement confirmed this.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by Mupado0t: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari na mad man

15 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by beautyfunke(m): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
I learn to create different source of income sas as a man..

5 Likes

Re: What Lessons Have You Learnt In 2020? by DECLAN2015(m): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2020
Kalatium:
If there is a year people won't forget it is definitely be this year. Many things happened from the pandemic to protest.
And Finally the hear is coming to an end.

Here are top lessons i was able to learn in 2020.

1. Life is unpredictable. You don't know what will befall you for the future is not within our locus of control . Anything can happen in life. I was suppose to graduate this year but the pandemic scattered everything.

2. Every disappointment is an opportunity to someone. While we were in the midst of Covid19 and alot lost their jobs, some people made more money than any other year.

2. Never trust people words but actions. People give empty promises. It doesn't matter even if they swear it is gibberish.

4. People are selfish. No one can truly love you except yourself. Anyone can betray you at anytime.

5. Those in authority almost always think they are above the law.

6. Never try to fight those who are more powerful than you or else they crush you. Never out shine your master as Robert Greene will put it.

7. Nothing spread faster than fear. People who are insecure will spread lies to make others fear.

8. We do everything in life to make us forget death. We keep ourselves busy with work, sports, movies etc for boredom reminds us of loneliness and death. This month of December was very scary for many people died and it made me think deeply about life.

9. Be careful with flaunting your wealth. People are envious of successful people. The more you showcase yourself the more some people resent you.

10. Blame shifting. People like to shift blame on others. Most people do not want to be blamed, so they their subordinates, the government , their spouse, family etc.

Number 9
Especially in Africa where most are poor
Display of unnecessary wealth can get u killed out of envy but in developed country i dont think that is a problem.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mad Man Takes Over Council Office In Akwa Ibom / All Elections In Nigeria Were Rigged Since 1960 - Jonathan / Car Crash: Akpabio Flown Abroad For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.