Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State (917 Views)

NNPC Staff Tortures Her Househelp, Burns Her Private Part, Inserts Lighter (Grap / Another Nigerian Businessman Killed During Gang War In South Africa. Photos / Michael Adiku On Offa Bank Robbery: "Why I Killed Over 20 People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by elizabeth24: 9:48am On Dec 29, 2020
From the reports gathered, The Ondo state Police Command stated that they have begin the Investigation of a businessman (Babatunde Olubasa) who was allegedly shot dead in an hotel in Ondo state on Boxing day over a Cigarette lighter.

It was stated that the 38yr old businessman was shot at the Helena Hotel in Ijapo area of Ondo state where he lodged for Xmas Holiday.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Tee-Leo Ikoro, who confirmed that the matter was a case of assassination, said the Commissioner of Police, Mr Bolaji Salami, had ordered investigation into the incident, adding that operatives of the command were already on the trail of the assailants.

According to Tee-leo Ikoro he said, “We have commenced investigation and trying to track down those who killed him. It’s an assassination. At the time it happened, there was nobody else at the bar, except the bar girl. The bar girl said three killers came into the hotel.

“The deceased lodged in that hotel and went out at some point in time. By the time he came back, the assailants were already at the bar drinking. When he got to the bar, the three guys asked for a lighter from him to light their cigarettes and he said no. It was at that point that they pulled out their guns and shot him. The assailants left the hotel when he gave up the ghost.

“We are on their trail right now. The Commissioner of Police has ordered a full investigation into the incident. To us, we are thinking it was an assassination. But the investigation will unravel all that happened.”

“The killing of Tunde was a clear case of someone who had been targeted. The guys, who killed him, had requested a lighter from him at the bar. But he declined their request. Tunde’s reaction made them to engage him in an argument before opening fire on him.

READ MORE ON https://www.elizabethblog.com.ng/2020/12/Businessman-Killed-over-cigarette-lighter-in-an-Hotel-in-Ondo-state-on-Boxing-day.html

Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by JaneYave(f): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2020
May His soul rest in peace and the killers keep feeling fire burning them.
Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by EkelediliBuhari: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2020
Shocking
Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by doggedfighter(f): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2020
Whaaat
Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by timoadego: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2020
Sad
Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by Ethanuella: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2020
Tunde Olubasa...RIP cry

I remember you in AAUA

1 Like

Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by RainOnMe: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2020
Bad
Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by Mayng01(m): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
Rip
Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by Samjayy(m): 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
RIP to the great man. Akungba will miss you

1 Like

Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by lovibility(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
r i p tunde my brother we ur brother frm akua ibrere ibasa akungba akoko we wil mis u alot great man tunde
Re: Businessman Killed Over Cigarette Lighter In An Hotel In Ondo State by nanauju(f): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2021
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Two Is A Bigger Threat / Please Help Me Find My Missing Friend / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death in Malaysia For Murder Of Hospital Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.