Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft (770 Views)

Meet The Man Who First Invent The " EXAMS" (pix) / How To Re-invent Nigerian Educational System / UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft by readone1(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2011
Dear house,i want to inventing a remote controlled solar powered aircraft for my forth coming project,i am a student studying PHYSICS at the University of Agriculture Abeokuta(UNAAB).I would like to get some motivation from the whole house and if you are an expert i would love you to assist,together we can build a technology inclined Nigeria.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft by Abbycrown(f): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2011
I wish I had a way to contribute, but I studied Accounting. Nevertheless, let me encourage you. It's a good move and I hope you succeed, because you have a great mind. Goodluck!
Re: I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft by davidayo: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
you have a great idea. Am david ayobami. i wish we think alike. well steps towards achieving that is simple. what i will advise we do first is to build a flying aircraft itself. and that is as simple as ABC i will give you more details send me ur no mine is 07069618667. also, the project is going to cost us 1m cos the truth is that for you to build a flying aircraft, you need an aircraft engine at least 25HP and it cost around $3000 - $4000. and the cost of building and miscellaneous makes all up to N1,000,000.00 and with that, i asure u its not a test flight neither is it going to be wobbling but will be a stable craft flying 100kmph, 10,000ft climb and cruise speed of about 85mph. takeoff os going to be 50mtrs, landing will be 100mtrs. by the grace of God we will achive this if we work together. there are stil,l brains in this country.
Re: I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 30, 2011
good luck you you,
Re: I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft by baconline(m): 11:25am On Mar 31, 2011
since u said remote control then i believe the whole size of the aircraft will not exceed 1m. Also u said solar powered ,therefore u are looking at electric motors for powering d craft,If i may ask,which type of craft do u hope to build.Also if u are thinking solar the main position for the panels will be the wings,I don't think that space is enof to produce enof power to lift d plane.For a start why not build a plane that can be recharged by AC,if u suceed then u can use find a way to recharge yur batteries using solar.Paste a skematics of the plane on this post and state what amount of power u need .Also I believe u have already run yur model thru an airflow software?
Re: I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft by baconline(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2011
poster,u aint seroius about this project,u got me really excited as this reminds me of my self 20 years back.anyway good luck!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Want To Invent A Remote Controlled Solar Powered Aircraft by kodewrita(m): 7:23am On May 27, 2011
invent or build? thats been available for so long.

building an airframe doesnt cost one million. hobby plane builders do it for much much less. all you want to build is a very small scale model.

My only issue with this project is how you intend to handle layering the solar panels onto the plane and how you intend to handle the fibreglass aspects of the airframe (assuming you build it with a mixture of fibreglass and wood veneer).

I'll advise you to focus on more accessible projects like:

building a solar panel system that tracks the movement of the sun (stepper motor, knowledge of solar movement around equator, some coding and circuits. c'est fini) facing east in the morning, up at noon and east at night.

self tuning TV antenna system. (think this has been done).

remote controlled crane.(? same level as plane? scratch this but just to spark your creativity, i'll leave it there).

***star idea*** coin-operated/currency operated phone charging system(must handle all charger hole sizes and different voltages. Just stick it in, put in the coins and the phone starts charging). {if its too complex to handle, just do something else but plan to make money off this}.

(1) (Reply)

Great Ife Is 50 Today! Share Your Experiences! / 2010 Result / Moderm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.