Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Surviving In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Surviving In South Africa (9961 Views)

₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos) / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War / Men Take Selfie After Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 2 Passengers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surviving In South Africa by Olamilec(m): 11:34am On Dec 31, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,
I hope we are enjoying the festive season and also keeping the social distance and protecting ourselves from this COVID-19 Pandemic, I pray we will all scape through.
If this thread is not a duplicate then let me proceed by the aims and objectives for the thread which are: 1. To discuss how we can survive legally 2. Assisting ourselves to attain greatness 3. To put out things we maybe doing wrong in terms of business (registering and opening company) housing (buying or renting) and schooling, and lastly 4. For those that want to transit to another countries and/or permanent residence here in South Africa.
If you need assistance in the above listed then let converge, rise and shine in brotherhood of trust, so help us God!

Thanks �

5 Likes

Re: Surviving In South Africa by justt: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2020
Following...
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Kinkykinky: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2020
Following
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Olamilec(m): 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2020
Is there any caterers around Johannesburg and Pretoria, let create network of online delivery system the market is very high.
Let create business for our communities and to support those coming to join us.

1 Like

Re: Surviving In South Africa by pufframmy: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2020
things are cost around here oo, also dollar changing eat all money no were to change direct naira to rand
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Olamilec(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
pufframmy:
things are cost around here oo, also dollar changing eat all money no were to change direct naira to rand

You’re right, exchanging Rand to Naira or vise versa is through man know man, not formal which can be formalised and secured for our good at least we are all here to improve our lives.
Re: Surviving In South Africa by lymelyte(m): 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
Olamilec:

You’re right, exchanging Rand to Naira or vise versa is through man know man, not formal which can be formalised and secured for our good at least we are all here to improve our lives.
please what the best way to handle this kind of situation?
Re: Surviving In South Africa by adespecial: 7:10pm On Dec 31, 2020
Lemme register myself here cos I know this thread will be of great importance to me having read the aims and objectives.
Re: Surviving In South Africa by samtol4(m): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2020
very good thread
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Fidelismaria: 7:17pm On Dec 31, 2020
angry
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Depressed101: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2020
Mehn as the year just end.. I fit decide to enter SA as a last resort like this... This is not a country anymore
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Depressed101: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2020
Olamilec:
Hello Nairalanders,
I hope we are enjoying the festive season and also keeping the social distance and protecting ourselves from this COVID-19 Pandemic, I pray we will all scape through.
If this thread is not a duplicate then let me proceed by the aims and objectives for the thread which are: 1. To discuss how we can survive legally 2. Assisting ourselves to attain greatness 3. To put out things we maybe doing wrong in terms of business (registering and opening company) housing (buying or renting) and schooling, and lastly 4. For those that want to transit to another countries and/or permanent residence here in South Africa.
If you need assistance in the above listed then let converge, rise and shine in brotherhood of trust, so help us God!

Thanks �
Mehn as the year just end.. I fit decide to enter SA as a last resort like this... This is not a country anymore, op how schooling or business dey for that side.. Business especially, and how is the environment for work at home people...?
Re: Surviving In South Africa by sokeril: 10:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
Depressed101:
Mehn as the year just end.. I fit decide to enter SA as a last resort like this... This is not a country anymore, op how schooling or business dey for that side.. Business especially, and how is the environment for work at home people...?
u make me laugh bro
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Olamilec(m): 5:01am On Jan 01, 2021
May this New Year bring us much joy and fun. May we find peace, love, happiness and success. Happy New Year!

1 Like

Re: Surviving In South Africa by akoredebaba1: 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2021
Nice one op ...
Pls can u share with us few things especially about hustling in SA Also total cost of incurring d visa plus ticket from Nija n as well life generally there n accommodation...tnx in anticipation
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Pesb(m): 1:28am On Jan 02, 2021
Thank you @olamilec for creating this thread.

Please I need key tips/information on how to buy a house in SA, and the type of accomodation type to buy and the common conditions and challenges associated with it

And the best province to get the property as a Nigerian for better ROI.?

Apart from Cape town, which other place or places is best to raise children?
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Olamilec(m): 5:10am On Jan 02, 2021
akoredebaba1:
Nice one op ...
Pls can u share with us few things especially about hustling in SA Also total cost of incurring d visa plus ticket from Nija n as well life generally there n accommodation...tnx in anticipation

Let me start from here that, if you don’t have enough money to survive in SA don’t come or agreed to waste part of your years in exchange for it, (understanding from experience) cause those people that promise you heaven and earth, you don’t know their status, and those that have legal docs don’t want you to come put sand sands for their garri, but that doesn’t mean their some that wouldn’t help. That been said, let us talk about how you can survive here without bordering people which is why I said: “have enough money”.
I can’t talk about those that are just seeking for visas, but rather those that have already gotten their visas and also we that are here.

Do you know that our brothers and sisters are still acting or want to follow the means to survive in Nigeria which doesn’t have too much application here because getting stability here takes common sense, determination and discipline.

To be continue...
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Olamilec(m): 5:11am On Jan 02, 2021
Pesb:

Please I need key tips/information on how to buy a house in SA, and the type of accomodation type to buy and the common conditions and challenges associated with it

Thanks for the audience, appreciated.

Am coming back to this later...
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Greatdand007(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2021
Olamilec:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thanks �

I would like to relocate to SA, how do I go about it

1 Like

Re: Surviving In South Africa by Greatdand007(m): 8:45am On Jan 02, 2021
Olamilec:
Hello Nairalanders,

Thanks �

Omo iya how far help your boy

1 Like

Re: Surviving In South Africa by 080bjaked(m): 9:09am On Jan 02, 2021
Greatdand007:

I would like to relocate to SA, how do I go about it

I think those that have relocation plans or dont have visas yet should refer to this thread for their questions https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries . A lot of their enquiries have definitely been discussed there already.
Re: Surviving In South Africa by shollish(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2021
Hmmm.... things are expensive here in South Africa.. foodstuffs sef
Accomodation is paid monthly... equivalent of about 150k monthly for a good apartment
Light dey 24/7 sha.. good roads
If you have skills like hairdressing,you can make good cash

2 Likes

Re: Surviving In South Africa by Nicoswit(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2021
Olamilec:

Let me start from here that, if you don’t have enough money to survive in SA don’t come or agreed to waste part of your years in exchange for it, (understanding from experience) cause those people that promise you heaven and earth, you don’t know their status, and those that have legal docs don’t want you to come put sand sands for their garri, but that doesn’t mean their some that wouldn’t help. That been said, let us talk about how you can survive here without bordering people which is why I said: “have enough money”.
I can’t talk about those that are just seeking for visas, but rather those that have already gotten their visas and also we that are here.

Do you know that our brothers and sisters are still acting or want to follow the means to survive in Nigeria which doesn’t have too much application here because getting stability here takes common sense, determination and discipline.

To be continued...
Nice one bro
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Olamilec(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2021

Pesb:

Olamilec:

Okay, am back!
Though I don’t know how I will tackle these questions in a layman’s language as possible, but I promised to try my best though my best may not be enough for some people, sorry am not perfect just trying to help.

Buying a house in South Africa take understanding of what type of house and/or apartment will be okay for you.

Type House /Apartment
House: Two/Three House in a Nigeria type compound fenced alone or in a complex with security
Apartment: One/Two Bedrooms in a security complex.

Base on my understanding on research: both house/apartment are good investments but apartments give more ROI cause of the security and other services included to ease stress, and our people and other look for apartments more, though am not saying people don’t rent houses. Assuming you’re a single person or married without kids and have money to buy a house/apartment - it’s better to stay in a bachelor of around R3000 while your house/apartment will be rented out at around R4500 - R7000 depending on the area, whereby you will have savings on your investment and why also saving through your day to day work / hustle.
Then if you’re big man / madam *smile* just buy a house outrightly and enjoy your life LOL (Life is good when you’re in money)

Note: Buying a house can give you a Permanent Resident if you know your way.

I can only base my assumption on the province am more familiar and used to, rather than want to cover all provinces which is not in my capacity.

Buying apartments in a security complex is viable and yield more on ROI cause those are the most sort after type of apartment in high demands, also for people that knows people in high places or are moneyed can buy luxuries apartments / duplexes which can be resale after finalised documentation.

In my own perspective, this will depend on your own financial capacity, and the area(s) / province(s) that’s best comfortable for you, which I preferred raising my children in Gauteng or KZN based on the diversification of cultural heritages, education and also high concentrations of our people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Surviving In South Africa by Pesb(m): 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thank you @olamilec for taking time explain in a clear manner.

Please is the rental quotes on monthly or yearly basis?

I am also interested in knowing how to secure the PR through the acquisition of a property.

Thanks once again.

Happy New Year
Re: Surviving In South Africa by naposium(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nice thread... I love it..... This is my best and candid advice to people coming to SA pls kindly make sure you come in with a permit.... At least study permit is still more easier and easier to change to other status of permit......and If you need admission letter I do help with that from a reputable college here.

3 Likes

Re: Surviving In South Africa by Nicoswit(m): 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
naposium:
Nice thread... I love it..... This is my best and candid advice to people coming to SA pls kindly make sure you come in with a permit.... At least study permit is still more easier and easier to change to other status of permit......and If you need admission letter I do help with that from a reputable college here.
Bro...what can you say about the hate for nigerians in SA...is it worth considering?
Re: Surviving In South Africa by Nicoswit(m): 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
Olamilec:

Bro...what can you say about the hate for nigerians in SA...is it worth considering?
Re: Surviving In South Africa by akoredebaba1: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Pls how can u Hep with that plus are we allowed to do side hustling with study permit just like eu countries...
naposium:

1 Like

Re: Surviving In South Africa by naposium(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
There is no hate for Nigerians except that our brothers here has done alot of bad things... Human trafficing and drug dealing is a major problem here in south africa.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving In South Africa by naposium(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
Yeah you are allowed to do side hustling depending on which area you are.........
akoredebaba1:
Pls how can u Hep with that plus are we allowed to do side hustling with study permit just like eu countries...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos State To Extend Blue Rail Line To Agbara In Ogun State / Edo Govt Closes Benin Airport Over Evasion Of Tax By Airport Workers / Urgent Advice/info On Living In Northampton-uk Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.