Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement (47073 Views)

MTN Memo And Airtel Letter Confirming FG's Ban On SIM Card Sales / Why Is Glo SIM Replacement This Tortuous / Mtn Sim Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by obembet(f): 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2020
By Emma Okonji

The Federal Government, Thursday, lifted the earlier suspension order on replacement and activation of old Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card, but on the condition that the person must have enrolled and obtained the National Identification Number (NIN).

The federal government had on December 9, announced the suspension of the sale and activation of new SIM cards across networks.

The suspension order was expected to last till the completion of the audit of the Subscriber Registration Database, which seeks to achieve global standards and quality in the issuance of SIM Cards.

The Director, Public Affairs at NCC, Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde, who announced the suspension in a statement issued by the Commission, said the action became necessary in line with the federal government’s desire to consolidate the achievement of the SIM Card registration exercise of September 2019.

The Association of Licensed Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) who conveyed the federal government’s lifting of suspension in a statement it issued, said: “Further to engagements with government on the matter, we are pleased to report that our members have been granted permission to carry out SIM replacement upon verification of the customer’s NIN. In this regard, our members are working with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to ensure seamless system connectivity for verification of NINs.”

The statement, which was signed by ALTON Chairman, Mr. Gbenga Adebayo and its Publicity Secretary, Mr. Damian Udeh, read: “We note the challenges experienced by customers seeking to replace or upgrade their SIM cards following the suspension of sale and activation of SIM cards by the government which also affected SIM replacement.
The Association of Licensed Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) who conveyed the federal government’s lifting of suspension in a statement it issued, said: “Further to engagements with government on the matter, we are pleased to report that our members have been granted permission to carry out SIM replacement upon verification of the customer’s NIN. In this regard, our members are working with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to ensure seamless system connectivity for verification of NINs.”

The statement, which was signed by ALTON Chairman, Mr. Gbenga Adebayo and its Publicity Secretary, Mr. Damian Udeh, read: “We note the challenges experienced by customers seeking to replace or upgrade their SIM cards following the suspension of sale and activation of SIM cards by the government which also affected SIM replacement.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/12/31/fg-lifts-suspension-on-sim-replacement/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Prechgold1180(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
angry
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by obembet(f): 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
I just pray u don't lose u phone.. only me know what ma passing thru for the past 3 weeks now.. I can't have access to Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Mail even my bank account. One good Samaritan buy new phone for me.. and borrow me his second sim temporarily.

Am not happy for now seriously

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by inoki247: 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2020
Na dem go tire...

Na dem go close border if u ask dem wat av dey achieve na story dem go yarn....

if u people like talk say make d network dey colet our blood sample before we register sim na u guys go still tire.....

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by NwaNimo1(m): 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2020
Deceptive people........chai

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by DonBenny77(m): 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Antoeni(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Who Advice dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Lamasta(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Everything no be about initial gra gra, you educate the citizenry on the way to go and not placing ban or suspension on a process.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by IME1: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
grin
This is good news.
Sadly my friend lost her phone to window thieves and she doesn't even want to retrieve the line.
The process is stressful.

Our world is full of dangers. Some things we cannot control, like the Asian
tsunami, or road accidents. But there are also times when we choose
things which put us in danger. "Do not open the mouth of a snake to see its teeth" is a proverb from the Basotho people of southern Africa. In other words, do not put yourself into a dangerous place. If you have sex with someone you are not married to, you are falling into many dangers including HIV-AIDS. The first time you choose a cigarette or take a dangerous drug, you are going down into a hole that will be very hard to climb out of. These things can take away your health, money, friends or your freedom.
Pressure by friends:
Very often we do these things, not because we really want to, but
because of 'peer pressure' - we do something because we are afraid of what
friends think about us. "My friends would light a cigarette and tempt me to
smoke, to prove I was a man," It was twelve years before he found a way to stop. In a dangerous world, we need God's help: not only for protection from
outside dangers, but also from our own wrong choices. Proverbs says that God's wisdom can "give people the ability to make good decisions." God can also give us the power to say 'no' to things that will hurt us.
"PEACE INSIDE ME, NO MATTER WHAT TROUBLES"
We do not need to live our lives alone any more - Jesus offers to help
us and be like a best friend or a loving parent to us. "God is so alive
and real to me. With him in control of my life, I have a peace inside me,
no matter what troubles I have," We can receive these things from God when we believe that Jesus has already paid the price for us to become his children. Living with Jesus is the best safe place to be. Proverbs 8.says, God, you
are a hiding place for me. You protect me from my troubles. You surround me
and protect me. So I sing about the way you saved me." Psalm 32:7

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by ATEAMS: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Timely
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by tetula123(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Clowns

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by TopDesign449: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
Cool
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by BanevsJoker(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
FG don cash out.
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by ReorxTohGan(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
seriously FG no gbadun!! what's FG wahala with this NIN of a thing bayii!!!

8 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by beautyhd: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
They should give Nigerians 6 to 9 months to sort out this Sim and NIN ish, anything short of this, they will block lines and get tired.

I don't like crowded areas, going to Nimc will be when less than 10 persons are there.

30 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
Mumu feefle. From BVN to NIN. Everything was a fvckin hit

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by gurunlocker: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
I knew the earlier directive won't last long...

6 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by ACRI: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
Confusion everywhere
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Jerewise332(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
They better do oo
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by BlessedNuel: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
Make dem take a chill pill ooh... the duration been no make sense fah
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by jaeyking(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
lol
i was waiting for them to block my sim.
Sha make i go update my data sim details cuz we na already registered sim we dey buy.

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by seyi072000(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
All na shakara. Only a fool will take federal government serious

10 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by salbis(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
Please God, change this people this year 2021. We are tired.

3 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by ipobarethieves: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
angry angryBaztardz after dey don suffered us .cool thank God and congrarutions to all of us that lost phone(s) since this PATA NLA NIN thing

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by adexeli(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
All these ones ehn grin... I won't be surprised if the whole Nimc thingy is swept under the carpet very soon

2 Likes

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Enyimbamercedes: 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
Lol!

1 Like

Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Seyipa(m): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Our Politicians are Comedians in agbada
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by donifecent(m): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Better
Re: FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement by Farki: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Just as I predicted, they would never do this because many people in the North would have suddenly been cut off and the network providers will not stomach a large chunk of their customers disappearing because one fat senator was scared of the consequence of his actions.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Customers Hustle To Buy iPhone 13: Long Queue At Dubai Apple Store / Tiktok Responds To Trump: We Are Not Going Anywhere / Subscribers Lament As Their Numbers Are Blocked Despite Linking Their NIN (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.