Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. (1371 Views)

Akin-Ibisagba Kinfeosioluwa Desire, Covenant Best Graduating Student Civil Engin / Kpagane Desire: RSUST Student That Went Missing Is Back After Suicide Post / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Ahappy: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2021
I had always wanted to study medicine or anything related to health science but my passion for medicine was I can say beat all other courses I was introduced to.

As we all know that medicine is one if not the most lucrative job in the whole world; I stand to be corrected, this is one of the factors why many secondary school leavers tend to show interest in the course as it is more likely they get a job immediately they are done with this prestigious occupation.

My aspirations and passion to study medicine was truncated by the fact that I wasn't able to meet up with the cut off mark of the University I applied to, which made me to decide after the pressure from my parents to go for any other paramedical courses,unfortunately due to an unprecedented and unforeseen circumstances, i failed in that aspect and i was transferred to a department in the Faculty of Agriculture in one of the eminent university in Nigeria.

This is my assertion,I want great scholars to advice me if it's still possible and achievable for me to study my desired course if I get the chance to transfer to a basic medical course before going for Direct entry.

God bless you all.
Happy new year to you and yours.
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
If u keep pursuing it, u will surely get it, Infact studying medicine after a bsc in a basic health sciences course such as microbiology and biochemistry is the norm in most advanced countries like USA and UK.

2 Likes

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Ahappy: 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
If u keep pursuing it, u will surely get it, Infact studying medicine after a bsc in a basic health sciences course such as microbiology and biochemistry is the norm in most advanced countries like USA and UK.

Wow,I didn't know about that, thanks for your input sir/ma.

I didn't know your field but if I may ask, are you a student or a doctor?
what kind of advice will you give someone who wanna develop his studying skill to read and remember very well?

thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ahappy:

Wow,I didn't know about that, thanks for your input sir/ma.

I didn't know your field but if I may ask, are you a student or a doctor?
what kind of advice will you give someone who wanna develop his studying skill to read and remember very well?

thanks once again.
read, read practice, practice, discuss with discussion group members. It so very very easy nowadays with the advent of internet (Google search).

Put your mind there/apply your mind to study, don't mind those people using money to sort lecturers or those using their bodies to pleasure lecturers.

When u eventually get the knowledge and expertise, nobody can take it away from u.

6 Likes

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Ahappy: 5:34pm On Jan 01, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
read, read practice, practice, discuss with discussion group members. It so very very easy nowadays with the advent of internet (Google search).

Put your mind there/apply your mind to study, don't mind those people using money to sort lecturers or those using their bodies to pleasure lecturers.

When u eventually get the knowledge and expertise, nobody can take it away from u.

Thank you so much sir(just found out you are a guy/man)

I am grateful, I will try working towards this wonderful piece of advice you've slated down for me.

God blessings will never leave your abode in jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ahappy:

Thank you so much sir(just found out you are a guy/man)

I am grateful, I will try working towards this wonderful piece of advice you've slated down for me.

God blessings will never leave your abode in jesus name.
Amen!
Thanks man.
Career can sometimes be like marriage, we need guidance, direction and good counsel from mentors especially, u can't afford to leave ourselves just like that,

If there's a vacuum something else must fill it, nature abhors vacuum.

2 Likes

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Lordsagna: 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
Till now i haven't believe any one has got passion to study medicine than I do. #teamMBBS
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Ahappy: 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Lordsagna:
Till now i haven't believe any one has got passion to study medicine than I do.
#teamMBBS

Lol.

Do you really think that's true?
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Lordsagna: 6:27pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ahappy:

Lol.
Do you really think that's true?
lolz, I might be wrong though, but my instinct won't let me be
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by DrBrainstorm(m): 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2021
Lordsagna:
Till now i haven't believe any one has got passion to study medicine than I do.
#teamMBBS
Jambito

1 Like

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Lordsagna: 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
Jambito
mafo!!!..? jamb will soon be an history
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by danilmo: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
Jambito
Aswear naso e dey do fresh men for body..lol see me see Ben Carson naa..lol
I lost the passion after my Part 1 MB.. Path and pharm almost faint me.. like I lost it all.
lol.

1 Like

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Ahappy: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2021
danilmo:

Aswear naso e dey do fresh men for body..lol see me see Ben Carson naa..lol
I lost the passion after my Part 1 MB.. Path and pharm almost faint me.. like I lost it all.
lol.

Are you still studying the course?
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by danilmo: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ahappy:

of cause .. in clinicals
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ahappy:

he is trying tell u it is very hard/difficult, u have to study hard, even buy textbooks. U have to read, read and read, cultivate strong study ethic.

If u are used to the culture/habbit of "sharp Sharp"
It is better to drop the habbit before venturing into medicine. That is why it is 7 years while other courses take 4 years or at most 5 years to complete.

because they know it is very broad! and it requires a great deal of accuracy and delligence. If u make mistake with the manufacture of a laptop u can always apologize to customers and upgrade to better version. But u cannot try that with the human body! embarassed there is no room for mistake.

As one studies u will experience many discouraging situations,

For instance, "Yahoo boy blows and buys himself mecerdes Benz, and builds house for his mum, while one is trying to pass MBBS Exam"

"A close friend who went to learn a trade is now developing his second property (house) while one is trying to round up course work"

When u hear these things how will u react, will u still remain focused?

8 Likes

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Halisdavis: 11:04pm On Jan 01, 2021
It just need an extra hard work from your part... You will have to study hard... Put all your mind into it... one thing with medicine is that it will test your long term memory and it's so bad the information is too much which is meant to be learnt within a very short time... At a time you will feel like breaking down but your passion will keep you going.

4 Likes

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by akinlolu26624: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
:
Jambito
Aswear naso e dey do fresh men for body..lol
see me see Ben Carson naa..lol
I lost the passion after my Part 1 MB..
Path and pharm almost faint me.. like I lost it all.
lol.
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2021
Ahappy:
I had always wanted to study medicine or anything related to health science but my passion for medicine was I can say beat all other courses I was introduced to.

As we all know that medicine is one if not the most lucrative job in the whole world; I stand to be corrected, this is one of the factors why many secondary school leavers tend to show interest in the course as it is more likely they get a job immediately they are done with this prestigious occupation.

My aspirations and passion to study medicine was truncated by the fact that I wasn't able to meet up with the cut off mark of the University I applied to, which made me to decide after the pressure from my parents to go for any other paramedical courses,unfortunately due to an unprecedented and unforeseen circumstances, i failed in that aspect and i was transferred to a department in the Faculty of Agriculture in one of the eminent university in Nigeria.

This is my assertion,I want great scholars to advice me if it's still possible and achievable for me to study my desired course if I get the chance to transfer to a basic medical course before going for Direct entry.

God bless you all.

Uniben student ....abi
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Ahappy: 8:54am On Jan 02, 2021
Chidorx60:

Uniben student ....abi

Nay.
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Zeeknow3245(m): 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
You can do it. It is not how long but how well. I am an active follower of Medical Aspirants Thread. I was confused I started picking here and there. I talked about optometry, Nursing,dentistry,medical Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy. I thought I was confused . Many blasted me that I wanted to do everything. This pushed me to read about every single Medical and Allied health field existing on this planet until I had the opportunity to shadow a vet which I am still doing. I then realised this is what is for me. I then changed my course from med lab with it's saturation to Veterinary medicine because it is worth it and I can give my all especially for animals and their owners who really want good things and since it was close to Agriculture.
I would be a DVM. I really learnt about self reliance and starting up from scratch even when government no look your side.
TONYEOO1, Lagusta, horpeyemi66 and the rest of the Medical Aspirants bosses who taught,fought and encourage me, thank you.
I respect those that entered Medicine directly either by Jamb or DE. They are gurus.

3 Likes

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by samuelpeters(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
danilmo:

Aswear naso e dey do fresh men for body..lol
see me see Ben Carson naa..lol

I lost the passion after my Part 1 MB..
Path and pharm almost faint me.. like I lost it all.

lol.
This guy, you still de.. cheesy cheesy

I remember that year of NMA vs JOHESU and pathologists vs MLS etal... grin
You wn finish people.

Thank God you're now in clinicals.

©️2021.

1 Like

Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by samuelpeters(m): 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ahappy:

God bless you all.

Medicine is a very good course.
But you also need to sit down and think if it all worth it. That is; The time wasting etal.

Some people checked themselves and found out Medicine wasn't their thing anymore and they changed.
We were all indoctrinated in our secondary schools that all there is in the Sciences were Engineering,Medicine and maybe Nursing and Pharmacy.
So you need sit down and analyse everything again.

In terms of transferring, if you have the opportunity to transfer please do.
In my University, you can transfer from Agric to Medicine directly. Depending on your CGPA and other factors. So try and find out if it's possible rather than going through BMS then DE to Medicine.

Finally, you could sit for JAMB again but this time, choose any of the allied medical courses.

I wish you all the best.

©️2021.
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:10am On Jan 03, 2021
samuelpeters:

But you also need to sit down and think if it all worth it. That is; The time wasting etal.

Some people checked themselves and found out Medicine wasn't their thing anymore and they changed.
We were all indoctrinated in our secondary schools that all there is in the Sciences were Engineering,Medicine and maybe Nursing and Pharmacy.

In my University, you can transfer from Agric to Medicine directly. Depending on your CGPA and other factors. So try and find out if it's possible rather than going through BMS then DE to Medicine.

Finally, you could sit for JAMB again but this time, choose any of the allied medical courses.

I wish you all the best.

©️2021.
Benin?
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by samuelpeters(m): 11:12am On Jan 03, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Benin?
University of Nigeria.

©️2021.
Re: MEDICINE: My Greatest Desire. by Ahappy: 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
samuelpeters:

I wish you all the best.

©️2021.

I am so grateful for this wonderful piece of advice you stated for me, I am in one of the federal university of technology in Nigeria that doesn't offer medicine so I already have it in mind to transfer to a basic medical course; anatomy to be precise.

Yeah, you're correct as regards how the feeling and passion will fade with time but a determined soul will always remain unshaken.

As an ardent reader and inquisitive individual, I would like to know the name of that university you said allowed for the transferring from an Agric faculty to the college of health sciences maybe I can give It a second thought.

Moving forward,I will be glad if you can enlist the names of University that is very affordable and more easier to get into to study medicine.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

300-level OOU Student Declared Missing By Family Members (Photo) / Nigerians Reacting To Chrisland School Sex Scandal - Read Comments / Futa Student Sign Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.