Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,341 members, 7,853,522 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:19 PM

Here Is What To Do To Prevent Hackers From Taking Over Your Website - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Here Is What To Do To Prevent Hackers From Taking Over Your Website (128 Views)

6 Ways To Keep Cyber Hackers Away From Your Online Business / Kenyan Professor XN Iraki: Nigerians Are Taking Over Our Economy / 4 Tips To Stop Hackers From Stealing Your Data And Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Is What To Do To Prevent Hackers From Taking Over Your Website by chinenye497: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Hacking is a very serious problem for today’s Websites. It is important to pay a lot of attention to the security of your hosting account, most especially your Cpanel. It should be well-protected to prevent hackers from taking full control of your website.

However, some aspects of account protection depend not only on your hosting company but also on the owner of the account.
Last week, my website was hacked. After my hosting company helped me recover it, I had to do thorough research on how to protect my website from desperate hackers. ( link to things to do to protect your WordPress website from desperate hackers).
We all know how important hosting is to a website. Without a hosting company, your website is as good as useless.
Now first things first, in order to efficiently and completely protect your website, you have to make sure that you protect your hosting account, most especially your Cpanel because your hosting company has a back up of your website, but if these hackers get hold of your hosting account details, then you will make it difficult for your hosting company to recover your site when it is been stolen.
Below is how you can protect your hosting account (Cpanel).
1. Use a username and password that cannot be guessed.

Always ensure that you use a password that cannot be guessed. Some people set a password that is easy to remember for easy access. It is strongly recommended to avoid using passwords that consist of dictionary words, names of your relatives, friends or pets, important dates, cities, etc. These passwords are not secure as it is really easy to find such information about you, especially if you have an account in any of the social networks.

When we register on a site for one purpose or the other, we are requested to fill in our personal data. some important personal data can be gathered during several online conversations with you by means of email, forum, chat, or in a social network. So in case, your password is your pet name or your birthday, do not be surprised if your account gets hacked.
Also, hackers have special tools that can be used to get your password (cryptanalytic atta). The main idea of such attacks is checking all possible words until the correct one is found. Such attacks can be successful if your password is a simple word from a dictionary.
read more below
https://www.youthwinconnect.com/2020/12/21/here-is-what-to-do-to-prevent-hackers-from-taking-over-your-website/

(1) (Reply)

The Most Affordable Dry Land In Ibeju Lekki / Just In: FG Hikes Electricity Tariff By 50% / Cracked Acute Email Id And Activation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.