Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo (40582 Views)

Don-Davis Archibong Now A Brand Ambassador; Gets A Scholarship (Photos) / Don Davis: How I Was Sexual Abused In Deeper Life School By Senior Students / Don Davis: Deeper Life High School Releases Statement On Molested Student (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by NwekeUG(m): 9:44am On Jan 02, 2021
#JusticeForDonDavis: Don-Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From School Authorities

Deeper Life School molested pupil: Parents demand N100m compensation

PARENTS of 11-year- old Don-Davies Archibong, JSS1 student of Deeper Life High School Idoro Uyo, have demanded the sum of one hundred million naira compensation for the inhuman torture their son was allegedly subjected to in the School.

Don-Davis

This is contained in a letter addressed to the Principal of the School, entitled “Gross Child abuse, palpable molestation, serial bullying, criminal starvation, malicious oppression, and dubious maltreatment of master Don-Davies Archibong (11years old) by the Principal and Boarding Master, of Deeper Life Secondary School, Uyo”

The parents Mr and Mrs Iniobong Archibong sent the letter through their solicitors, Eagle-Eyes Network Chambers, and signed by David Okokon (Esq).

According to the letter which was dated December 22, 2020 and obtained by Saturday Vanguard on Friday in Uyo, the School was given 21 days of the receipt of the letter to pay the N100million compensation.

Don-Davis's mum

The letter reads in part, “We are solicitors to Mr. and Mrs, Iniobong Archibong, resident in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State herein after referred to as our client. We have the firm explicit and unequivocal instructions to write to you on the above subject matter .

“It is indeed provocatively heartbroken, morally suicidal, religiously hypocritical that our client’s 11 year old son was torrentially bombarded with physical, and inhuman torture of debilitating dimension with resultant castration of his human person, dignity, and childhood innocence.

“We respectfully demand the payment of N100,000,000 within 21 days of the receipt of this letter as compensation to assuage the dehumanizing, horrendous torture and indignity our client’s son was subjected to and for his medical checkup and medication.

“We demand that Deeper Life High School Idoro, Uyo to publish an unreserved apology to our clients in two National Newspapers; PUNCH, THISDAY, and any other two local Newspapers circulated within Akwa Ibom State and its environs”

Meanwhile Akwa Ibom State government announced its decision to withdraw from investigating the matter.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy Mr. Ini Ememobong who made this known in a statement made available to newsmen Thursday in Uyo, therefore appealed to the public to exercise patience for a thorough investigation to be carried out by the police and other relevant institutions.

“The State Government will upon receipt of the report take necessary actions thereto”, Ememobong assured.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/deeper-life-school-molested-pupil-parents-demand-n100m-compensation/amp/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by longetivity(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2021
serves them right, but how dem go take pay this huge amount of money

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Pious101: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2021
Okokobioko

4 Likes

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by lathrowinger: 9:53am On Jan 02, 2021
Best moves ever. Atleats you follow chop from tithings and offerings grin

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by collum(m): 9:54am On Jan 02, 2021
wink
Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Makavelli25: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2021
I knew this will become an avenue for them to cash out.

Well kilokanmi, na their son not mine

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Makavelli25: 10:06am On Jan 02, 2021
lathrowinger:
Best moves ever. Atleats you follow chop from tithings and offerings grin
true

grin grin

NwaAmikpe what do you have to say on this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Maxymilliano(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2021
So this was the whole essence of the brouhaha.

What happen to allowing the instruments of Justice unraveling what was hidden and commensurate sanctions meted out to anyone found wanting

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Dreambeat: 10:52am On Jan 02, 2021
They are well within their right to sue the school. If it were the western world, the school would have been closed down pending the results of the investigation. Child abuse is a very serious offence

237 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Oharina(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2021
This is a typical of the saying, "opportunity comes but ones". Time to cashout. I know what happened to her son is bad. But believe me if i tell you that some women will be envying this woman now.

34 Likes

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Whiteshield: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2021
This has been the game plan all along. No wonder the woman fought with Deeper Life, fought with Akwa Ibom state government, even fought with her own doctor who issued a report that her child didn't suffer what she claimed her child suffered.

Deeper Life that didn't give you apology. You think it is 100M they will give you. Na Woman Mirror them go pack give you. Fat, ugly thief like you.

168 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by naijadrivablog: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Oh! I see where this is going...

PS: dropsmic, don't ever quote me again.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by 44Bulldog(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
Chai....igbos, always with business mentality, no pun intended grin

She wan use them cash out for this new year cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Sirmuel1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
See her mouth like 100 million cheesy

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by kingxsamz(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
They should have charged higher sef.

naijadrivablog:

It's going where it's supposed to go.
What kind of school allows such nonsense happen right under their nose? undecided
At least if they dish out the N100m, they'll feel it, and next time they'll make sure such rubbish never happens again.
I used to be a boarder, so believe me when I say these people know about all that's going on in their schools...from bullying to molestation.

45 Likes

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by 44Bulldog(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
kingxsamz:

This is a brand new year

Stop this bullshit

30 Likes

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by DropsMic(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
Cool
Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Is04970: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
“We respectfully demand the payment of N100,000,000 within 21 days of the receipt of this letter as compensation to assuage the dehumanizing, horrendous torture and indignity our client’s son was subjected to and for his medical checkup and medication.
Someone want to cash in from here.
While I vehemently condemn the treatment metted out to the boy I feel the mother is trying to blow the whole issue out of proportion.
Those of us that also attended missionary boarding schools didn't have it better.
My "Before and After pictures" was worse than this.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by meum: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
Cashing out tings

1 Like

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by 9jayes: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
Imagine just 100m instead of 2 billions

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by kenzysmith: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
100 million what? they for kuku ma demand for the ownership of the school na big thieves . see her face like yansh wey dey rub lip stick

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Mentorkaryhm(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
Demanding for that #100m is not the issue, but it shows that this parent never believe they could get that kind of money in their entire life. They could have asked for proper treatment of their child and also an apology letter from the school.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by DropsMic(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2021
Maxymilliano:
So this was the whole essence of the brouhaha.

What happen to allowing the instruments of Justice unraveling what was hidden and commensurate sanctions meted out to anyone found wanting

Sense dey very far from you guys

Sirmuel1:

naijadrivablog:

Whiteshield:
This has been the game plan all along. No wonder the woman fought with Deeper Life, fought with Akwa Ibom state government, even fought with her own doctor who issued a report that her child didn't suffer what she claimed her child suffered.

Deeper Life that didn't give you apology. You think it is 100M they will give you. Na Woman Mirror them go pack give you.

20 Likes

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Whiteshield: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
Sirmuel1:

See the ugly idiot.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by Salt06(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
angry
Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by shox(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
Leave the matter for God to handle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by DamnnNiggarr: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
cool

100million, Nigerians always find a way to cash out in every little thing.

See her mouth like 100million as if she has seen that kind of money in all her life.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo by butterfly777(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
Somethings are not right in this saga, and they make you doubt the honesty of the accusations.

- Woman accuses the school officials and some students, yet refuses to cooperate with independent investigation of the matter. This makes the state government pull out for her lack of cooperation.

- She accuses independent agencies and attacks their integrity, thereby discrediting any report of their investigation no matter how genuine is.

- Doctor's report shows no evidence of sexual molestation, yet people who did no investigation reject the report because it doesn't support their unproven allegations.

Not to mention overplay on emotional appeal and public sympathy that sways the public who are usually quick to judge, especially when emotion and victim claiming is involved.

100 million? I like that. At least, the law court will investigate first. She should not withdraw the case oo.

58 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Best exam portal / MC Oluomo Rewards Boy Who Drew His Portrait With N500,000 Naira (PHOTOS) / 50-Year-Old Mother Enrols In JSS2 At Ilorin Grammar School (Photos/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.