Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 (48907 Views)

My Near Death Experience When I Tried To Sleep With A Lady - True Life Story / My Near Death Experiences With Nigeria Police / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by geek4k(m): 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

Lastly, kindly learn from my story and avoid that Wuye bridge at all cost.

268 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
That your friend na confirm street.
He sense danger japa immediately. That's street man.
You're lucky. Let me lay down a few rules that might help other otus like you

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

In all let's be safe. God no go shame us

886 Likes 49 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2021

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Omihanifa: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Abuja is no longer safe and everyone knows this.

This current minister of FCT is a lame duck undecided everything keeps getting worse under his watch
He needs to fix all those dead street lights ASAP and policemen should be stationed in all those flash points.

Places like finance junction, Dei-dei pedestrian bridge, mpape, mabushi, lugbe, kubwa&kagini express are dangerous places to go alone at night or early hours of the morning

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Kestolove(m): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2021
Extraordinary things am doing, ordinary things no fit move mi again

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by MMXX: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
Sorry for what you lost and had to go tru Op.. It's really saddening to see cruelty that's abound in today's world.. People with stone heart everywhere n in every corner

35 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2021
Simple....go back there and bait them.

That's their territory.

Bait them but this time outsmart them and kill them all.

For those quoting me stupidly,
Oil mill market is a dreaded zone. They rape girls in that market at night. Go there early in d morning and u will see pants n bra littered. They grabbed my girls purse n phones last year as she passed by there very late. Elelenwo police station is just across, but those stupid policemen refused to help.
I baited them with another crazy friend. Next day, and as usual, they appeared. We got one of them and gave him short sleeve first. Two ran away. That one took us to their hideout, which we stormed with some army boys. I got back her phones and more freebies.

Long story short, if u are not rugged and have backings, don't follow my advice. Move on with your life.

Reclaiming ur stuff don't only happen in James bond movies. Some of us knock on deaths door others dread it.

306 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by shamsin6300(m): 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hard luck Sir.
When next, never resist what they are trying to take from you. Are all the aforementioned stated more valuable 2u than your life?

#BEWISE

249 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Valkrie: 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
[b][/b]
geek4k:
Despite the ecstatic vibe attached to the last day of the year (Gruesome 2020 especially), It ended sadly for me as I experienced a near death situation.

On 31st December, I and my friend decided to experience a great cross-over night at Glory Dome, Dunamis Church Abuja. We boarded a bus from Arab junction, Jabi to Lugbe where the Church is located.

Less than halfway through the journey, the bus began to develop issues and finally stopped just before Wuye Arab bridge. We all had to come down from the vehicle in pursuit of an alternative to our various destinations.

I and my friend walked over to the other end of the bridge while we waited for a cab heading our route. Unluckily for us, we stood there for a while, we couldn’t find any cab as most of them were already filled up and most of the other passengers had already gone their separate ways.

It was becoming dark, lonely, and scary giving the nature of the place we were standing. Just less than 4feets our back were bushes, albeit downhill, and underneath the bridge is a railway track, you won’t be able to tell even because it’s filled with outright darkness.

It was becoming tiring and frustrating, we looked down and noticed 3 guys heading our position, they were seated initially for some while, we both thought they were from same vehicle we boarded and frustrated as we were, my friend suggested we team up with them and look for cab together, I jokingly replied “What if they’re here to rob us..?” We both laughed.

Unbeknownst to us, they actually were. They got closer and to where we were standing, subtly attempting to encircle us while I was looking forward to them passing us, my friend ran off immediately, before I could realize they already formed a triangle grid around me each of them bearing long, sharp knives shouting “Hey! hey!! bring your pocket..!!”.

Being ganged up, held down and threatened to be stabbed if you don’t comply, It was indeed a vicious moment for me, and all I could think of was how I could get out of that situation unhurt. But despite the fear that engulfed me, I stood my ground holding my pocket firmly while they tried to forcefully penetrate in with their hands.

My friend was on the other side, almost at the middle of the express road shouting “Thieves..!” to at least call the attention of motorists but they all formed swirled track avoiding him, perhaps thinking it was a plot to get the robbed?

After several resistance from my end, I got stabbed on my thigh by one of the guys, I then had to let go as they emptied my pocket, carting away with my phone and wallet.

Attempting to run back into the bush, I immediately went after the one that got my phone, he kind of lost orientation and was almost headed towards the bridge while his other gang were heading to the bush. He immediately turned around swinging his long knife so I wouldn’t get close, he then threw the phone to his other gang in the bush and they all ran away.

These robbers were skinny, tall hausa boys all wearing face caps, I was so devastated that if I had a gun, I wouldn’t hesitate even in a split second to put three bullets in their heads. Why does bad thing always happen to good people? I’m not insinuating I’m a saint but I’ll never to this to a fellow. Why me?

Anyways, after the sad occurrence of losing everything I had and almost my life, it reasonable to go back home just as my friend suggested, but instead we still waited, get a cab and head to the church where we had the cross over night. I personally didn’t have any good experience despite dancing and joyous experience everyone had there.

I lost my Samsung A30, Gtb, Diamond and Payoneer debit cards and some cash in the wallet all to one night

Anyways, I’m looking for who can track my phone using maybe the IMEI number? the phone pack, receipt are still intact.

If someone advice you to stay at home and enjoy your crossover you would say No that it must be church...now you have lost things and almost lost your life..and your church CEO dont give a fucck about it or even care. ..he would still be expecting you to give offering to qualify you to receive the new year blessing...!!

Better you put yourself and safety first before any damn church... !! Lots have lost their life trying hard to see and experience God in a church when the true fact is that God is residing in them and always with you and at any place you find yourself...

Take heart...next time learn and use your number six.. even church CEO go out with securities too to their cross over night..that should tell you many things..

283 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Lastmankc(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Never walk at night. If you must walk at night be on guard. If the street is lonely jog if you can. If you see someone at one side approaching you cross to the other side. If he cross follow you na thief. Japa. As in efele. If na small lane hold big stone and make it obvious say you hold big stone. He go change him mind. Hehehe. He fit even greet you good evening sef. Trust me if works. Also never chase after a thief if them pass two. Make them no go mend you.

You're right brother,I remembered in 2015,When I and my guys board a vehicle from lokoja to Lagos we went for a POP job in lokoja,and the owner of the job gave us about 500k to give to our boss in Lagos the remaining balance of the contract.We got to oshodi by 12am,when we alighted from the bus,I immediately notice some guys 8 in numbers staring at us from one end of the park.Before we know it,these guys have started following us .i just called my guys and told them what was happening which most of them already know.We immediately brought out our work equipment and converted it to weapons,when these guys saw what was happening they all ran back.

372 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Tufunky: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by lagusboyyy(m): 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
geek4k:

Sorry about your ordeal bro.

Thank God you are Alive,that's the most important thing.

Once you are Alive and Well, you will still recover all what you lost in ten folds.

21 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Azmanaty: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
I am not a religious person, but bro, God will replenish ur loses in hundreds of folds. Next time, pls be extremely careful and try to avoid going our at night - no matter where; even cross overs

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by bigpicture001: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Bro which street raise u like this....I love your awareness orientation.. Bravo!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by bigpicture001: 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
Op, always allow a thief have his free day once he beats you to smartness.....

Never struggle with a dangerous person...you might lose ur life

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Neddstark: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
Avoid night movement.

3 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by chinchonglee(m): 3:34am On Jan 03, 2021
Sorry bro
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Jazzafizzy(f): 7:20am On Jan 03, 2021
Umm them no try at all
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Coolgent(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2021
Complain to your Church CEO he will compensate you from your already paid tithes.

You sound like tribal bigot

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by dominique(f): 10:07am On Jan 03, 2021
You people were told not to go to anywhere to do any cross over ceremony you didn't listen, now see what happened. A lady cried out on twitter that her brother was robbed and killed while coming from crossover service. You know the level of insecurity in the country and you still want to be moving around at odd hours of the day. I don't know why most Nigerians are like this

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by OtemAtum: 10:09am On Jan 03, 2021
Hmm
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 03, 2021
H
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Burstscam: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2021
Thank God for your life. But on a lonely road, I don't stand still to wait for cab; I keep strolling till I get to a safe place or cab.

20 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Lexusgs430: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2021
geek4k:

Siddon for house..... Una no dey hear word..... Serves you right....... cheesy

Naso you for crossover, for crossover........ grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Enudapan: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Abuja is now gradually becoming unsophisticate

3 Likes

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by Chatflick(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2021
Sorry for your loss. Thank God for life. Hausa boys are cold blooded killers. Killing is in their DNA

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by GIANTPLUSHUB: 10:12am On Jan 03, 2021
Mheen!
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by DropsMic(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2021
The last time i encountered armed robbers i greeted them first with Chairmen i dey hail oo. And then i went ahead to give them all the money i had on me. After emptying my pockets, i doused the tension in the air by jokingly asking them to find me 50 naira wey i go use transport myself go work the next day grin... No be me go go dey drag with thief.. No amount of money is worth a drop of my blood.

Na person wey him body complete dey enjoy life.

251 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by potbelly(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2021
dehde
Re: My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:14am On Jan 03, 2021
Una no dey hear word, you were dragging your pocket with 3 armed men, and they still stabbed you. You are lucky the stabbing wasn't serious, your life is worth more than your wallet and phone. Glad you are OK anyway.

51 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Men Who Specialise In Terrorising Ogun & Raping Girls Caught & Stripped Unclad(p / Man Arrested In The US For Allegedly Eating Leg From Victim Of Train Accident / 16-Year-Old Kano Bride Drowns On Her Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.