Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) (55081 Views)

Yam Setts/seed Yam Available. / Press Release: Exporters Debunk Yam Export Rejection Stories / Why US Rejected Nigeria's Yam - Audu Ogbeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by moscobabs(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
cheesy
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by EXOUSIAng: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2021
I noticed you didn't add weeding in the list. Weed no grow for the farm??
Maybe if you removed the weeds you would have had a much more bountiful harvest.
Congrats all the same....
Any human alive that saying farming doesn't pay has no brain

3 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:
So earlier last year, my dad decided to go into yam business. The most common in my area kuje Abuja to be precise.

Since we're just starting, we bought seedlings worth of 40k.
We later found out that seedlings are more expensive and scarce during farming/planting period.
We got the land for free
We paid farmers #20 per ridges and we dug about 500ridges.
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Total money spent on investment was approximately#60,000 plus running cost.

The farmers were paid 6k to harvest the whole yam.
Those guys started as early as 6am and we're done by 2pm just 3 of them.

Truck that packed it was paid 1k.

Pic 1 and 2, the big size yams we want to sell. Those buyers are pricing 45k

Pic 3 are the ones for home and family consumption. Any remainder would be added to seedlings.

Pics 4, the small yams we want to preserve as seedlings.

Think we got a lot from our investment in the end.

How many tubbers of yam are in the hips that are for sale?
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Tannhauser(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Zainabbu:
Wow this is abundant

SNEAKERS?!!!
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Solexgzy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:
So earlier last year, my dad decided to go into yam business. The most common in my area kuje Abuja to be precise.

We later found out that seedlings are more expensive and scarce during farming/planting period.
We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Pic 3 are the ones for home and family consumption. Any remainder would be added to seedlings.

you are doing well

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:

We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

so how much did u guys sell d yam last last
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
Wow,enjoy
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2021
West African food

Yam
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by victorjoe(m): 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2021
Around 1992 the area popsie built his house was a new settlement area. Bush yakpa everywhere. MUMSIE just went to the village and brought some people to plant yam.and cassava. After harvest we had more than the size of a standard room filled with yam. I mean floor to roof, wall to wall.

If you come my house you no carry yam go, e mean say we no like you.

Now everywhere is developed, not even a flower bed to plant.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:

We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

i have stayed in kuje for 5 years wich side do you recide ? pegi, sauka, chibiri, kiyi, kuchiako, dafara, bamishi, kebi mangoro, pasali, forest..
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by elmessiahs(m): 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
Omezif:
That's why buhari wants every nigeria to go to farm.
indeed, so his exterminators will pounce on the innocent

1 Like

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by phorget(m): 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
Thank God herdsmen did not visit your farm undecided
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:

lol..
getting land in the northern part of the country shouldn't be a problem.
you just need to relate well with some individuals and your good to go.
if you can't, you can still get lands at cheap rate for rent.
bro I suggest you buy your seedlings now and preserve them till farming starts
if you want I die young go and farm in north... Fulani criminals will use u do pepper soup
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by BigDawsNet: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
You should supply poundo yam powder Company

3 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:
brother I dey in the process of my pounded yam sef.
give us some yam
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
EXOUSIAng:
I noticed you didn't add weeding in the list. Weed no grow for the farm??
Maybe if you removed the weeds you would have had a much more bountiful harvest.
Congrats all the same....
Any human alive that saying farming doesn't pay has no brain
your head dey there.
we actually used chemical, the chemical as at when we bought it was about 4k. workmanship for spraying chemical should be less than 2k and the chemical still remains.
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by money121(m): 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ok
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2021
paix:
I don't believe you.
There are places that are secured to farm in the north..... Air Force Base for example gives out lands to people who want to farm at a cheap rate....

North everywhere in the north is infested with kidnappers and bandits!!!

hope I made Sense??!
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by GreatManBee: 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:

We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Good job well done. If you invested 60k and buyers are only willing to pay 45k. How do you consider that a good investment. Especially looking at all the work you have put into it.

2 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2021
LegendaryArnold:

How many tubbers of yam are in the hips that are for sale?
over 130 big yams and 120 average. they are sold already..
we sold it much ealier, we were told if we could wait till February we would sell then for about 60k.
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by KosiGee(m): 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:

We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Those guys started as early as 6am and we're done by 2pm just 3 of them

3 people were paid N6k for hard labour from 06:00-14:00.... That’s N2k each for 8 hours of back breaking job!!

People dey suffer.

3 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by President99: 7:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
You were lucky President Buhari brothers (Fulani) didn't destroy it
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by juniorstar(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:

We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

what's the size of the land?
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by Buzx: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
GreatManBee:

Good job well done. If you invested 60k and buyers are only willing to pay 45k. How do you consider that a good investment. Especially looking at all the work you have put into it.

He didn't sell it all. He only sold some, and kept the remainder for his family. And also left some which will be replanted. It's definitely a good investment.

7 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by jumper524(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
GreatManBee:

kk I showed pictures of large chunk to be consumed for family use and also seedlings kept for next season farming. the seedlings were having is even more than the ones we bought last year for 40k. I think that's a lot of profit if you ask me. if we decide to seel those seedlings+ the ones for family consumption I'm certain if we go by last year policies, we would sell for over 100k when the demand for seedlings come to place. I'm sure you know the price of things are up already..

7 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by CBARRY1: 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
Thank you for sharing this with us. .
DO YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU HAVE 2000 GOOD TUBERS OF YAM IN MY AREA NOW ( S. KADUNA ), YOU WILL SELL AND REALISE NOT LESS THAN 600K ? (EACH 100 TUBERS COST FROM 30K UP) . .
I AM PLANNING TO GO INTO YAM & GINGER FARMING THIS YEAR. .
I ALREADY BOUGHT THE SEEDS OF BOTH TO ADD WITH THE ONES I HAVE ON GROUND.

2 Likes

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by deji17: 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524:

We got the land for free
Meaning. #20*500= 10,000

Subsistence farming. But the pride and joy that goes with producing what you eat and help in feeding others cannot be explained. You and your family are out of the group that will be complaining about the price of yam in the market. In fact, you have helped in your own little way of bringing down the price of Yam.
Kudos to you and your Dad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by BlessedNuel: 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Congratulations
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by GreatManBee: 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
jumper524 what was the cost of staking?
Re: See The Proceeds From My Family's Yam Investment (Photos) by iamJ(m): 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
Tripled your money

There is money in farming, nigerians don't just have patience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) / Huge Python Killed In Isuikwuato, Abia After Swallowing Sheep (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.