Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,033 members, 7,828,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Ugly Experience As A Union Bank Customer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ugly Experience As A Union Bank Customer (309 Views)

A GTB Employee Helped Bank Customer Set Up Her App, Then ‘Stole’ Her N600k - FIJ / NURTW: The Pains and Agony A Union Is Causing Nigerians - AutoReportNG / "5k Is Not Small Money In This Buhari Weather"- Angry First Bank Customer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Experience As A Union Bank Customer by Thomhenry: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
Following the new Federal Government directive on the reception of money from foreign countries, on the 18th of December, 2020, I opened a Euro domiciliary account at Union bank Amawusa Owerri. It was successful. I went home happy thinking I had opened an account with a serious minded bank.

However, on the 23rd of December, 51 was paid into my account by my mother. It never got through to me. The bank refuses to acknowledge the receipt of that fund even in the face of transfer receipts from my mum. The customer care I met in the bank would not even give me face when I went to see what was wrong.

Again on the 28th of December, another 99 euros was sent to see if things would go through this time, the bank also withheld the money and claimed it hasn't seen the fund. I have kept calling their customer care and even emailing and chatting their WhatsApp account, and I'm not getting any serious. They keep saying sorry for the inconveniences.

Please peeps, is this the pattern of operation of Union bank? This is my first time with the bank and their services are so poor and seem fraudulent. I'm going to close that account and go to another bank. I'm so so annoyed at the manner of operations there. It's like a coordinated fraud.

cc: Seun
Re: My Ugly Experience As A Union Bank Customer by badaru911: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
.... Union Bank.... I don't know that the bank still exist...
Re: My Ugly Experience As A Union Bank Customer by doggedfighter(f): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2021
Why use an analogue bank like Union?

Their aged staff won't even understand what you are trying to communicate.

They're better off with pensioners.

Get your your money from them and close that account.

Make sure you go all out until you get your money back.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience As A Union Bank Customer by Thomhenry: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2021
I have done everything I can. I don't know how else to get my money back. Unless people add their voices and get enough attention to my case

(1) (Reply)

DOUBLE YOUR MONEY In Just 5-7 Months / Become A Land Owner This Year With Just 700k (you Can Pay Installmental Monthly) / Zenith Bank Emerges Nigeria's Most Valuable Banking Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.