Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue (2135 Views)

Please Help Sim Card Hacked / FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas / Sim Swap/Retrieval Problems: Share Your Experiences Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by Gemineye: 11:04am On Jan 07, 2021
Good day Nlanders.
I have an issue with my Line retrieval/Sim swap and NIN linking Dunno if someone is in a similar situation
here goes;
so my phone way stolen around Dec last year. In it was my main MTN line tied to my gmail acct, Whatsapp, fb and other social media accounts.
The thing is, that line was given to me by my Dad when i was still in secondary sch and its what I've been using since then ( that's to say he registered it in his name).

i was told he should be the one to do the line retrieval.
What about the NIN?
I already have my NIN slip with the number( no card yet), but my dad has the old NIN card which didn't carry the NIN

My worry is if he does the line retrieval in his name, can i use my NIN to link it (its clearly going to be different names. Same surname tho)

or can i retrieve the line in my name and use my NIN

Or
say he gets his NIN number should he go ahead and link it after retrieving it? And if he does can i re-register the line again using my details and NIN when the ban on fresh registration is lifted?
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by olajidebary: 8:37am On Sep 19, 2023
sad sad
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by madyfrank: 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2023
After checking my NIN on the portal is saying not Active and I have wrong DOB. Please how can I correct it, I need it urgent
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by miraolakunle: 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
angry
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by wittywriter: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
davebanjo:
please I am having no record found in my NIN after checking it on Nimc portal. how will I rectify this , I need urgent help
Go to the NIMC agent near you for assistance.

Wittyness
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by CANTICLES: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2023
Gemineye:
Good day Nlanders.
I have an issue with my Line retrieval/Sim swap and NIN linking Dunno if someone is in a similar situation
here goes;
so my phone way stolen around Dec last year. In it was my main MTN line tied to my gmail acct, Whatsapp, fb and other social media accounts.
The thing is, that line was given to me by my Dad when i was still in secondary sch and its what I've been using since then ( that's to say he registered it in his name).

i was told he should be the one to do the line retrieval.
What about the NIN?
I already have my NIN slip with the number( no card yet), but my dad has the old NIN card which didn't carry the NIN

My worry is if he does the line retrieval in his name, can i use my NIN to link it (its clearly going to be different names. Same surname tho)

or can i retrieve the line in my name and use my NIN

Or
say he gets his NIN number should he go ahead and link it after retrieving it? And if he does can i re-register the line again using my details and NIN when the ban on fresh registration is lifted?

Your Dad will be the one to swap the Line, after doing that, you can ask him to delink his NIN, after which you will now do something called Re registration to convert it to your name. But he has to delink the NIN first for your re registration to work
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by desmoeductex: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2023
angry angry
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by excoedutisto: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2023
how to validate a national identification number ( NIN ) free.
how to validate your NIN and use it for verification in any deal or transaction that requires you to provide a valid NIN.
are you among those whose NIN became invalid due to one reason or another?.
Re: HELP, SIM Swap/nin Linking Issue by excoedutisto: 8:31am On Nov 15, 2023
angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Where In Lagos Can I Buy This Phone / Uk Used Nokia E61 For Sale / How To Get Airtel Free 500MB, 1GB Or 2GB Without Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.