Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties (18997 Views)

Lagos Court Grants Wives Equal Rights Over Husbands’ Properties / I Made A Widow Smiled Last Night. / Siblings Fight Dirty Over Late Bank Manager’s Wealth (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2021
I apologize for my inability to respond to every one commenting, but please be aware that every comment/suggestion is being taken into account and is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Housing(m): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2021
Try and creat a thread of this your story on Twitter and tag influencer Twitter handle like Dr. Joe Abah, Aproko Doctor, JJ Omojuwa, Dr. Ayo Obe for a bigger spread. You will get enough volunteers both legally and financially.
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Cj4charles(m): 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad This Kain STEALING is common among those pipu that fight over inheritance from that side across that popular bridge.@Op,if I'm right,petition the state NBA,write sos to CP,DSS..
I always knew one he goat must show himself up on this platform
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by ipobarethieves: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2021
Cj4charles:
I always knew my father the he goat must show himself up in this platform
.Tell dat to Ur parents @,home
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Cj4charles(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
ipobarethieves:
.Tell dat to Ur parents @,home
atleast i have parents, unlike you he goat that doesn't even know who your parents are... truly you are really in a zoo
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by ipobarethieves: 6:26pm On Jan 08, 2021
Cj4charles:
atleast i have parents, unlike you he goat that doesn't even know who your parents are... truly you are really in a zoo
a product of babies factory..
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Cj4charles(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2021
ipobarethieves:
a product of babies factory..
paying attention to a he goat like you will want to make you feel like you are important.. The worst is that i am being quoted by a goat like you
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by ipobarethieves: 7:24pm On Jan 08, 2021
Cj4charles:
paying attention to a he goat like you will want to make you feel like you are important.. The worst is that i am being quoted by a goat like you
I:LL trade banters with Ur hopeless father,not a worthless Pig like u
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Eddie4God(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
I am reading comments of people saying she should petition the NBA to discipline the lawyer. I shake my head. That is not the solution & it will amount to nothing & probably gets the lawyer angry.
The lawyer is fully within his right to withhold those documents as a lien for unpaid fees. see Rule 50(3) Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) 2007. This is called a Right of Lien.
The solution is to find money asap to pay the lawyer. The more time passes, the money owed to the lawyer increases because of accrued interest.
When the lawyer has been paid & the documents returned to your aunt, your aunt will be in a better position legally to contest & recover the properties.

1 Like

Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by mayorkent(m): 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
Omo, things day happen
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by raphy(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
All Na money them need to fight that case .

Thts why I like men who has a will before they die .when they knw they have more than one wife.
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by perpeling22(f): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
TrickorTreat:

@uboma please how can they be reached?

Do everything humanly possible to locate him. That's the kind of case he handles especially when it involve widow.
If you are using star times you will see their channel there
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
Eddie4God:
I am reading comments of people saying she should petition the NBA to discipline the lawyer. I shake my head. That is not the solution & it will amount to nothing & probably gets the lawyer angry.
The lawyer is fully within his right to withhold those documents as a lien for unpaid fees. see Rule 50(3) Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) 2007. This is called a Right of Lien.
The solution is to find money asap to pay the lawyer. The more time passes, the money owed to the lawyer increases because of accrued interest.
When the lawyer has been paid & the documents returned to your aunt, your aunt will be in a better position legally to contest & recover the properties.

She proposed to pay his fees from the proceeds of selling one of the lands, but he refused to release the document to the said land when she requested for it, thereby hampering her move to sell.
Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by FirstCounsel(m): 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2021
TrickorTreat:

I have sent a pm. Thank you.
Please I have difficulties with retrieving pms on this site. Can you be kind enough to send me an email to firstcounsel@yahoo.com
Leave your number. I'll call you.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:42pm On Jan 08, 2021
MummyD2020:

I honestly cant understand how a full grown man fights with his nephews and nieces over their dad's properties. The shame is out of this world
I dey tell you. They are shameless and useless

1 Like

Re: Injustice Against A Widow Over Late Husbands Properties by drmikeadams(m): 1:08am On Jan 09, 2021
Hope say men dey learn from this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Treat Your Househelp/maid? / Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony / Man Pens Tribute To His Wife Who Died 16 Days After She Suffered A Stillbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.