Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1647256 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yemish19: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
Just thought to post this.

You do not need to change your location on your DS 160. See the attached screenshot from the US website

blesziano:
Please how did you update your DS-160 to reflect Abuja since you chose Lagos initially.

I am in this position and my interview date is 20th August.

Please help

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2021
TOPMAN5252:
Please help a brother by responding

My brother try to mail your school and explain to them if they can extend your resumption date, if yes you are good to go but if no just try and defer to spring which is not far anymore. And request for an update on your I20 and attend your interview. Best luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TUBLEZ(m): 10:58pm On Aug 16, 2021
Erudite77:
Good morning.

Please I need someone (US resident) who can pay my application fee on my behalf.

S/he will get his money in dollars. Please who's the trusted one who does that? I'm transferring $ to him.

Thank you.
have u gotten someone? I can be of help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
TUBLEZ:
have u gotten someone? I can be of help

Done since last week.

Thank you so much.

Be blessed.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Phenomenalmau: 12:53am On Aug 17, 2021
Bamdaniels:
Please I will appreciate it if you can help me with the help desk line to call
Hello Bamdaniels, were you able to resolve the issue? I’m actually facing the same challenge at the moment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pauliben: 2:19am On Aug 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have my interview by 10am at the Abuja embassy. How early should I be there and can I get a place to keep my phone?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 2:21am On Aug 17, 2021
jojoey:

You don't need a letter for the visa interview. You'll only need one after you get the visa.

Congrats on your visa.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Confide22(f): 2:33am On Aug 17, 2021
Hi everyone, please I need assistance.
Experienced people in the house, what do y'all think about Tufts university. I just got an 80% tuition fee waiver from the institution to study Data Analytics. Please I really need your advice on where to go from here.... I am confused. Though I know I have always wanted a full tuition fee waiver, but right now I don't know if it's OK to just go ahead with this.

What's your take guys?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chaiks: 5:02am On Aug 17, 2021
Confide22:
Hi everyone, please I need assistance.
Experienced people in the house, what do y'all think about Tufts university. I just got an 80% tuition fee waiver from the institution to study Data Analytics. Please I really need your advice on where to go from here.... I am confused. Though I know I have always wanted a full tuition fee waiver, but right now I don't know if it's OK to just go ahead with this. Congratulations. Data analytics is one one of the hot courses/skills needed in today's world. Is there any monthly stipend attached to the waiver?

What's your take guys?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 6:27am On Aug 17, 2021
I wanted to submit an application for WIU yesterday being the 16th of August but I saw a message on their website that deadline for application for Spring 2022 was August 15th

Any application received after the 15th of August will be moved to Fall 2022

I’m so pained rn cry

Why is this school so wicked
Please who knows if I can appeal or write them for an extension of deadline ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AllureI: 7:03am On Aug 17, 2021
Hello Fairheart and Hyfeseyi, I have sent messages to you... I need your attention! Please kindly respond to my messages or contact me on iytee333@gmail.com. Thanks a million.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 7:23am On Aug 17, 2021
Hello guys

My EA was approved on the 11th of August and the earliest date I could schedule was 24th of September but I was able to pick 7th of September before expiration of the EA. After my EA expired, I saw the prompt to apply for another EA but was denied some days after. My school resumes on the 26th of August but as a GA I have to resume on the 25th of August. I emailed the school for extension but I was told that my GA will be moved to another available student of I don't get there on the 25th of August. I can't see the EA prompt on my CGI page again. I don't know if I should defer to Spring but if I do, I will lose the assistantship and according to the program coord, no GA for Spring semester. Pls I need advice�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 7:35am On Aug 17, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
I wanted to submit an application for WIU yesterday being the 16th of August but I saw a message on their website that deadline for application for Spring 2022 was August 15th

Any application received after the 15th of August will be moved to Fall 2022

I’m so pained rn cry

Why is this school so wicked
Please who knows if I can appeal or write them for an extension of deadline ?
I don't about what you mean but the deadline has always been there since the time I know the school. So, it's not the school being wicked, it's you not doing a proper research. WIU is strict in their adherence to their deadlines like hell. However, you might try to apply if you have a compelling profile.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 8:27am On Aug 17, 2021
JavanElsevier41:

For my 2 year master degree program in xxxx at xxxx university, I will be offering a minimum of x credits which includes x core courses as well as x elective courses, with courses which include xxxxx, xxxx, xxxx and xxxx. I will also be taking part in the departmental seminar and conclude the program with a thesis.
U can continue to talk about ur thesis at this point if the VO doesn't cut in.
My thesis will be in xxxxxx where I will be xxxxxx

THANK YOU!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 8:33am On Aug 17, 2021
Lightspeed26:
Hello everyone , EA approved for 26th August on the 4th of August , resumption is on the 23rd. Can I still make it or just defer Also , When my visa is approved , would I have an issue at the POE if par adventure I leave on the 30th or 31st ?

Mail your school, explain to them, and ask for an extension letter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightspeed26: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2021
Pepperoni001:
Go ahead with your interview, get an extension letter for POE.

Best of Lucks

Thanks a lot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2021
NigPatriot:

Congrats on your visa.

Thank you so much!! I want to give a shoutout to @Nigpatriot he's an amazing person, shared his time, adjusted my transcripts, gave me some ideas and was very happy to help, He is also very smart. God bless you! Transcripts coming!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tomibob: 8:53am On Aug 17, 2021
COA: $39000+
Funding: Full ride(Including health insurance and very good stipend)
Deficit: Nil
GRE: Yes
TOEFL: R26S26L24W30 (Thanks to the nairalander that helped with the part payment)
Appreciation: A big thanks to God and to every nairalander who dropped their transcript here at one point or the other. Your contribution really helped. Sir Walspring even went extra mile to register me (around 12am) for TOEFL even before sending him my part. He also helped out with my SEVIS. I'm really grateful.

Schools that offer full funding (I'm only sure about Pharmaceutical Sciences)
Purdue University, Indiana
West Virginia University
University of Mississippi
University of Minnesota
University of Rhode Island
University of South Carolina.

Transcript

Vo - guy on white shirt

Vo: pass your documents
Me: I did
Vo: what do you currently do?
Me: I work as a Pharmacist at xxxxx
Vo: (goes through my I-20 for some seconds)
Vo: When did you start working at your current work place
Me: March 1st, 20**
Vo: (looks straight into my eyes) what were you doing prior to this current job?
Me: I did my mandatory internship prior
Vo: what's your qualification?
Me: Bachelor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Ibadan.
Vo: Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: do you mean immediate relative?
Vo:Yeah
Me: No, I don't.
Vo: how did you get to know about this program/school?
Me: I came across this school while going through some journals during my undergraduate research project and went further to research about the faculty with research interest in pharmacogenomics, where I'll be working on studying the link between our individual genetic makeup and the way we respond to medication
Vo: (He was nodding all through and reaches out for the white paper) I'll be approving your Visa... Blah blah blah... Transit through some countries blah blah...

The truth about transcript is that it doesn't convey emotions... I was kinda scared but tried to maintain eye contact.

Success to Fall 2022 applicants!...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alimi1(m): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2021
Good Morning All,

I must appreciate you all for your good job so far and for sharing your transcripts for approval and denial se we all can learn.

Please I have an enquiry for Fall 2022. Anyone with a list of schools waiving GRE for Fall 2022 please. Kindly help a brother.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2021
Tomibob:
Visa approved.... Big thanks to God.

Congratulations, Chief ..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jubrilawest: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2021
Tomibob:
COA: $39000+
Funding: Full ride(Including health insurance and very good stipend)
Deficit: Nil
GRE: Yes
TOEFL: R26S26L24W30 (Thanks to the nairalander that helped with the part payment)
Appreciation: A big thanks to God and to every nairalander who dropped their transcript here at one point or the other. Your contribution really helped. Sir Walspring even went extra mile to register me (around 12am) for TOEFL even before sending him my part. He also helped out with my SEVIS. I'm really grateful.

Schools that offer full funding (I'm only sure about Pharmaceutical Sciences)
Purdue University, Indiana
West Virginia University
University of Mississippi
University of Minnesota
University of Rhode Island
University of South Carolina.

Transcript

Vo - guy on white shirt

Vo: pass your documents
Me: I did
Vo: who do you currently do?
Me: I work as a Pharmacist at xxxxx
Vo: (goes through my I-20 for some seconds)
Vo: When did you start working at your current work place
Me: March 1st, 20**
Vo: (looks straight into my eyes) what were you doing prior to this current job?
Me: I did my mandatory internship prior
Vo: how did you get to know about this program/school?
Me: I came across this school while going through some journals during my undergraduate research project and went further to research about the faculty with research interest in pharmacogenomics, where I'll be working on studying the link between our individual genetic makeup and the way we respond to medication
Vo: (He was nodding all through and reaches out for the white paper) I'll be approving your Visa... Blah blah blah... Transit through some countries blah blah...

The truth about transcript is that it doesn't convey emotions... I was kinda scared but tried to maintain eye contact.

Success to Fall 2022 applicants!...
Congratulations on your Visa .
Please may I know the materials you used in studying for TOEFL.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tomibob: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2021
Jubrilawest:

Congratulations on your Visa .
Please may I know the materials you used in studying for TOEFL.

Nova TOEFL (greatly helped with my writing section) and NOTEFUL videos on YouTube.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bamdaniels: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2021
Phenomenalmau:

Hello Bamdaniels, were you able to resolve the issue? I’m actually facing the same challenge at the moment

Yes,I called the help desk and they help me reset it,sent a new password and ask me to reset to my preferred password.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jubrilawest: 11:01am On Aug 17, 2021
Tomibob:

Nova TOEFL (greatly helped with my writing section) and NOTEFUL videos on YouTube.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by wue1: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2021
Please which school can I apply for spring that will give me full funding I have written Gre industrial engineering or engineering management

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2021
Pls I need advice on this
Samongo:
Hello guys

My EA was approved on the 11th of August and the earliest date I could schedule was 24th of September but I was able to pick 7th of September before expiration of the EA. After my EA expired, I saw the prompt to apply for another EA but was denied some days after. My school resumes on the 26th of August but as a GA I have to resume on the 25th of August. I emailed the school for extension but I was told that my GA will be moved to another available student of I don't get there on the 25th of August. I can't see the EA prompt on my CGI page again. I don't know if I should defer to Spring but if I do, I will lose the assistantship and according to the program coord, no GA for Spring semester. Pls I need advice�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pamelayoung: 11:42am On Aug 17, 2021
jojoey:

Thank you so much!! I want to give a shoutout to @Nigpatriot he's an amazing person, shared his time, adjusted my transcripts, gave me some ideas and was very happy to help, He is also very smart. God bless you! Transcripts coming!

How much does he charge?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by statemanui(m): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2021
NigPatriot:

Congrats on your visa.

Boss, please I need your help with my interview transcript and mock interview.

I just sent you a DM in your email box.

Thanks boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Powerpaul: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
TOPMAN5252:
Hello everyone my EA got Approved in Abuja, My resumption date is 26th of August and I was given Sept 9 for Interview exactly two weeks from my resumption date. Please what can I do request for one month extension, two weeks extension or defer to spring.

We having similar case. Request for a extension of resumption from your school whether or not it'll be approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cheifnaira: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
I have almost same kind of situation.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xavious227: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hello house! I got admission to for masters to a school in the USA early this month (august). Just finished up all i need to do, paid my SEVIS fee, submitted my DS-160 form and paid the fee. However on trying to book an appointment, i found out the earliest day is June of 2022. The resumption date for my classes is early January 2022. I decided to try emergency/expedite appointment; but on reading the instructions to qualify for that the resumption date has to be within 60days. I’m bewildered as I would think 3months plus is more than enough time to get a visa appointment
Please help!!!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olayinka6869: 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2021
Please I need someone at Morgan state university this fall 2021 who I can pair with in getting accommodation

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.