Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,837 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (991) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648344 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
brymorla:
I applied for EA since Thursday but till now no response and I can't even check for dates again since I have already scheduled a regular date.
Kindly help what should I do wait or cancel the appointment...pls someone should help o
Use the 'reschedule appointment' tab to look for closer dates Pending when you receive feedback on emergency request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
isangjohnson:
[quote author=beejhay69

#50,000
reach out to the person that registered for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Systrom(m): 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hiralegend:
Good evening all, I'm truly glad to be here. I just got a second refusal on my US F1 visa application for Masters program
School to resume August 25th 2022

The first reason was that I didn't convince the VO that I had enough funds to set up an NGO after my Masters program,thus she wasn't convinced I'll return (May 31st ,2022)

The second one, there was no interview reason was that my appointment application was not properly selected ( I should have selected previously refused instead of Regular) June 17th , 2022

Right now, the Lord is my strength .
Please I'm open to advice , suggestions and best way forward.
Please assist me
Hold on! For your second trial, you mean that you got to the embassy and after queuing up, you were not interviewed Because you ticked regular in your application appointment instead of previously denied ?

When yes they start that one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by isangjohnson: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=beejhay69

I'll do that but learning purpose, what should've been the right thing to do.?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
Systrom:
Hold on! For your second trial, you mean that you got to the embassy and after queuing up, you were not interviewed Because you ticked regular in your application appointment instead of previously denied ?

Someone mentioned it here last week that a lot of people were rejected because of this reason

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by maxpayne3: 8:54pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hello, anyone here who will be attending Baylor University in Waco, Texas this summer should private chat me so we can collaborate for a shared living space.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
brymorla:
I applied for EA since Thursday but till now no response and I can't even check for dates again since I have already scheduled a regular date.
Kindly help what should I do wait or cancel the appointment...pls someone should help o

You can still be checking for dates
Just click reschedule appointment for available dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by isangjohnson: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
The guy said my sister would have to pay the $250 before her gre result will be sent to the schools she applied to.
This information was not given to her before she paid the 50k for the registration last year October.
The guy that collected the money and registered her is NONSO by name.
Most guys here should know him.
He even told my sister to register again.
Could you imagine.
Please, I need help here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Was this im Lagos or Abuja??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=Hiralegend post=113899860]Good evening all, I'm truly glad to be here. I just got a second refusal on my US F1 visa application for Masters program
School to resume August 25th 2022

The first reason was that I didn't convince the VO that I had enough funds to set up an NGO after my Masters program,thus she wasn't convinced I'll return (May 31st ,2022)

The second one, there was no interview reason was that my appointment application was not properly selected ( I should have selected previously refused instead of Regular) June 17th , 2022

Right now, the Lord is my strength .
Please I'm open to advice , suggestions and best way forward.
Please assist me

Was this in Lagos or Abuja??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
guest31:
Can you open bank account in USA before moving there? What is the process? Please someone help.

No you can't!
You will need a US phone number, i-20 and passport
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
Garbia:

I don’t know how but please find a way and cancel that check and use western union. The person should take the coupon and go to the nearest WU agent and you will get your confirmation almost immediately.
Or use someone here and pay

Well it can't be cancelled. It in transit already.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2022
Rzq009:
Thank you for this......but I can’t see request emergency appointment again on my dashboard

That's because you have used it. You still have one more reschedule or 2 sef on this visa fee. Until you exhaust it before using another one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2022
brymorla:

Wait for response. You can reschedule to. Just click on the reschedule button

PS: there's holiday on Monday sha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
Systrom:

Yes because he/she didn't answer the question about rejection within 6months of interview correctly
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
isangjohnson:
The guy said my sister would have to pay the $250 before her gre result will be sent to the schools she applied to.
This information was not given to her before she paid the 50k for the registration last year October.
Could you imagine.

Hmmmm the organization in charge of that exam put a stop to the discount so everyone involved will have to pay the full amount for the exam.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by isangjohnson: 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=UmmZayd

But what stopped NONSO from telling us.
This is absolutely wickedness. We didn't plan for this. $250 is not 10k

I'm highly disappointed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
isangjohnson:
Could you imagine.

Yeah we know him, quite known in the business.

I've heard of similar cases in the past, and they somehow get resolved either by the person that registered you(your sister). its application go wrong. It happens with TOEFL cheap registration centers too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by isangjohnson: 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=Schrodinger2

Please, help us and talk to him to find an urgent solution to this issue so that my sister can have her scores sent to the schools as other requested documents has already been sent.
We do not know how to handle this issue on our own neither do we have the balance of $250 to pay gre officials as we didn't plan for this.
Thanks and remain blessed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cath1234(f): 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2022
Hello, please oo anyone going to university of central Missouri?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by t4thayour: 1:39am On Jun 19, 2022
DM me if you are still not able to work around paying for your SEVIS fee.

I'm only able to help 2 people at this time. So first come, first serve.

Cheers!

omitusaf:

Could you please share your Telegram username?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Deestickss: 2:30am On Jun 19, 2022
Please someone should add me to any Lagos group searching for dates, thanks . 07068210764
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Garbia: 2:46am On Jun 19, 2022
UmmZayd:

If it’s a check and has not been cleared, a stop order can be requested(although I believe you will be charged). A friend of a friend did that when her payment was taking forever.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BunmiBie: 6:01am On Jun 19, 2022
UmmZayd:

Hello mama
Please,how can I connect with you?
DMed but you didn't reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fave12345: 8:21am On Jun 19, 2022
Good day guys, nice work in this community.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by guest31: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2022
brymorla:

I was facing the same problem. I had applied for emergency appointment and after that I was unable to check regular dates calendar, whenever I clicked on "Reschedule", I was getting message that there are no dates available. Then I called the helpline and they said to cancel it first and then select again, so I did that and it worked for me. However do it on your own risk.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oyephunmzee1(f): 10:11am On Jun 19, 2022
Bringing this back to the timeline��.

Reach out to me if you're going to Oregon State University

We have a group already, don't be left behind

oyephunmzee1:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Radarada08: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2022
guest31:

I was facing the same problem. I had applied for emergency appointment and after that I was unable to check regular dates calendar, whenever I clicked on "Reschedule", I was getting message that there are no dates available. Then I called the helpline and they said to cancel it first and then select again, so I did that and it worked for me. However do it on your own risk.
So you had to cancel the EA request and search for regular dates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Radarada08: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2022
Hi guys. Please I have some questions to ask the int'l graduate students who are currently in USA (I don't know if anyone has asked them before).

1) How do you cater for yourself? For people who receive GA/TA monthly stipends, is it usually sufficient for you for the entire month, especially after paying rent and other course fees? If yes, great! If no, what do you do to supplement it? (Besides asking for help from your family).

2) Are there other on campus jobs you can combine with your GA position (maybe for 2-3 hrs) that can pay you (just to make ends meet, especially if you don't rely on your family)?
I know F-1 students have 20hrs/week to work. But a student told me on LinkedIn that her GA is actually 23hrs. Hence my question.

3) How did you sort out your accommodation in the US before leaving Nigeria? Most of the students I've spoken with on LinkedIn said they had friends that they squatted with for a few months. What if you don't have any friend there? Are there websites once can check for available apartments (PS: I'm going to Tennessee).

4) How much will you advise an int'l student to enter the US with? Just something substantial enough to cover accommodation, feeding, and other miscellaneous expenses, pending when they start receiving their GA stipend?

@chibertha, @UmmZayd, @beejhay69, @Walspring, etc. (And any other person who can contribute to the questions asked).

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by guest31: 11:44am On Jun 19, 2022
Radarada08:
So you had to cancel the EA request and search for regular dates?

First I had a book a regular date in order to request EA. After I made EA, I did not hear anything from embassy for almost a month. I tried to contact embassy a few times and they kept on saying that they cannot tell how long it will take and suggested that I can keep checking for available dates. However whenever I tried to check dates, I was getting following message (see screenshot). Then I contacted the help line and they asked to cancel the appointment and make new, so I did that and then I was able to see calendar and available dates.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Radarada08: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2022
guest31:

First I had a book a regular date in order to request EA. After I made EA, I did not hear anything from embassy for almost a month. I tried to contact embassy a few times and they kept on saying that they cannot tell how long it will take and suggested that I can keep checking for available dates. However whenever I tried to check dates, I was getting following message (see screenshot). Then I contacted the help line and they asked to cancel the appointment and make new, so I did that and then I was able to see calendar and available dates.
Okay, I get it. Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mzflexydeeva(f): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
Née here, don’t know where to even start from. Interested in studying in the US. Helpful pointers please

(1) (2) (3) ... (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.