Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

When Last Did You Attend Church And Why - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did You Attend Church And Why (471 Views)

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members (2) (3) (4)

When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by kalu61(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2021
Funny as it my seems, many Nigeria youths especially from the south who don't attend church on Sundays is growing.

Before, l detest this folks playing ball on Sunday morning while going to church.

Look at me today, I can't remember when last l went to church. Not because l play Sunday morning soccer but my deep knowledge of African culture, history and downfall.

I have a vast knowledge of major religions and l think the fight of which is superior even among each each religion makes me sick and tired of the whole thing.

Pentecostal accuse Catholic of worshiping idol, purgatory is bad bla bla bla
Some says tithe is good and others bad
Jehovah Witness says Heaven here
Pentecostal says Heaven is up and hell fire is .....

l'm not an atheist o. l just de my own.
Kindness, reading and meditation.

Mynd44 Seun lala

Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by kalu61(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2021
YoonSung77:
2years ago
why?
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by Organsmuggler(f): 10:20am On Jan 10, 2021
told my family I'm an atheist 3years ago and that's when i stopped going to church
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by Asquare84(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2021
3 years ago, I start doubting some of our men of God and I tried to use my brain against some of the things this pastor preach
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by Icyexpressions: 10:47am On Jan 10, 2021
11 years ago, meanwhile I'm 25.

@13

I was curious about when created God, if truly he was the one that created us all. Then who created the universe, since God only create Earth. Or he didn't create the earth, he just rearranged it. So many questions like that and no suitable answer. Not so much certifying answer and @ 14 I don't even care to know anymore for some personal reasons– I wouldn't like to let this out here

Ever since, I just stay at home every other Sunday..........

I still attend worship place once in while, like twice in a year, not out of my freewill though.
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by Karleb(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2021
Since I came home, I go to church every Sunday.

To me, it's just a weekly routine.

If my members are aware I'm home and didn't come to church, they'll come and bundle to church. I got no choice.
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by kalu61(m): 11:47am On Jan 10, 2021
Karleb:
Since I came home, I go to church every Sunday.

To me, it's just a weekly routine.

If my members are aware I'm home and didn't come to church, they'll come and bundle to church. I got no choice.
I was a bit sceptical about your signature and going to church because those who have emancipated from mental slavery aren't church addicts until l discovered you are bundled to church by those who think you are getting lost.
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by sonmvayina(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2021
The church age or era is coming to an end. It was an experiment created by emperior constantine as a means of controlling the populations. But more and more people are waking up from the brain washing and realizing that it was all a scam.

A certain man predicted that the last pope will be Benedict xvi , but they all tried to change it by pressuring him to resign and electing another pope Francis. Something that is both illegal and forbidden.

We are gradually walking into the apocalpse. Which simply means revelation. But they want to reveal the truth to a small group of people or human. Hence the corona pandemic which is a good window to eliminate a large proportion of the population..

I for one believe the pandemic ended in june /july of last year..

What we are seeing now is an avenue to create panic amongst the people in other to carjole them to take the vaccine which is just a sterilization short...

So beware..they have enough money to bribe government or blackmail them. Or take them hostage...

They can only succeed if we let them..
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by Karleb(m): 11:58am On Jan 10, 2021
kalu61:
I was a bit sceptical about your signature and going to church because those who have emancipated from mental slavery aren't church addicts until l discovered you are bundled to church by those who think you are getting lost.

I'm a keyboardist. The church is an avenue to show off what I have since I've not gone mainstream. Even mainstream musicians do a little bit of gospel from time to time, this is to grow their fan base. Your disbelief can not put food on your table as a Nigerian.

I'm not much of a believer.
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by olagoke29970: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
Since I came home, I go to church every Sunday.To me, it's just a weekly routine.If my members are aware I'm home and didn't come to church, they'll come and bundle to church. I got no choice.
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by drmikeadams(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
Was in church today,,damn c this lady ..big ass,,big front ,tall...imma go back their next Sunday
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by kalu61(m): 4:33am On Jan 11, 2021
drmikeadams:
Was in church today,,damn c this lady ..big ass,,big front ,tall...imma go back their next Sunday
Bad pikin, weti God no go see for church
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49am On Jan 11, 2021
The highlighted caught my attention!

Would you like to know why you got tired of going to church? Matthew 24:12

Don't worry, i'll only make reference to the Bible i will explain everything in plain terms and simplify the topic to help you grasp the purpose of true religion!

But before we go further i need to introduce myself. I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (formerly a Muslim) worked with the military intelligence agency before resignation due to my new found Faith.

So if you'll like to chat i'm here! smiley

kalu61:
Funny as it my seems, many Nigeria youths especially from the south who don't attend church on Sundays is growing.

Before, l detest this folks playing ball on Sunday morning while going to church.

Look at me today, I can't remember when last l went to church. Not because l play Sunday morning soccer but my deep knowledge of African culture, history and downfall.

I have a vast knowledge of major religions and l think the fight of which is superior even among each each religion makes me sick and tired of the whole thing.

Pentecostal accuse Catholic of worshiping idol, purgatory is bad bla bla bla
Some says tithe is good and others bad
Jehovah's Witnesses says Heaven here
Pentecostal says Heaven is up and hell fire is .....

l'm not an atheist o. l just de my own.
Kindness, reading and meditation.

Mynd44 Seun lala
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by kalu61(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted caught my attention!

Would you like to know why you got tired of going to church? Matthew 24:12

Don't worry, i'll only make reference to the Bible i will explain everything in plain terms and simplify the topic to help you grasp the purpose of true religion!

But before we go further i need to introduce myself. I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (formerly a Muslim) worked with the military intelligence agency before resignation due to my new found Faith.

So if you'll like to chat i'm here! smiley

Welcome Maximus and l'm glad for your new found faith.

We can discuss it in another thread, so that the thread is not deviated. Thanks

Quote me in a dead thread, l will respond.
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2021
God created humans for just one purpose ~ TO WORSHIP HIM!
The secret is only those who are worshipers of God can be truly happy! {Luke 11:28} the word "worship" has been misinterpreted to perfunctory services of no real value so whenever you say "worship God" most people will view you as a brainwashed or psychopath due to all the atrocities committed in the name of "WORSHIP"

So the first question we need to ask ourselves is What is worship and what are the benefits of worship?

In the real sense WORSHIP means obediently engaging in some forms of activity that you don't know the outcome/benefit from the onset yet you were made to do it either forcefully or you were compelled! This was what affected the first human pair, they knew quite sure that the person who gave them life has a purpose but they're not certain if they will truly benefit maximally from continuous obedience to this invisible being! Genesis 3:1-5

To be continued....

kalu61:
Welcome Maximus and l'm glad for your new founded faith.
Feel free to discuss with me. I still remain Kalu61, Former Christian, fellowship leader in campus and SE and now a free thinker and very open minded.
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by kalu61(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God created humans for just one purpose ~ TO WORSHIP HIM!
The secret is only those who are worshipers of God can be truly happy! {Luke 11:28} the word "worship" has been misinterpreted to perfunctory services of no real value so whenever you say "worship God" most people will view you as a brainwashed or psychopath due to all the atrocities committed in the name of "WORSHIP"

So the first question we need to ask ourselves is What is worship and what are the benefits of worship?

In the real sense WORSHIP means obediently engaging in some forms of activity that you don't know the outcome/benefit from the onset yet you were made to do it either forcefully or you were compelled! This was what affected the first human pair, they knew quite sure that the person who gave them life has a purpose but they're not certain if they will truly benefit maximally from continuous obedience to this invisible being! Genesis 3:1-5

To be continued....

I'm following,
Just quote me in a dead thread or open a thread "why some Christians stop going to church
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12am On Jan 11, 2021
Satan wanted to draw all intelligent creatures after himself because he rebelled against God in heaven and since he knew the consequences of this action he is determined he want to make God angrily destroy all the good works with his own hands, after all he (God) will return to his lonely former life after destroying all his children both in heaven and on earth.

God decided to make Satan a scapegoat in the presence of all his intelligent creatures, so he told Satan that no matter what Satan do he (God) knows that he never made mistake in creating intelligent creatures (with freewill) therefore there will always be intelligent creatures who will willingly subject themselves to doing whatever God says. Satan walked out proudly from the presence of God thinking there will not remain a single person on God's side if he (Satan) used all within his power to influence them.

So the stage was set between the forces of light (God) and the forces of darkness (Satan). Note that God can destroy Satan immediately but let's think intelligently.
If God should do so will that have proved Satan a failure?
What about other living creatures, will they be happy in WORSHIPPING a selfish dictator who doesn't care about their feelings?
How will such form of service be when those engaging in it aren't doing it from their hearts?

To be continued...
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13am On Jan 11, 2021
That's what i'm doing but you have to be patient if you truly want to know why! smiley

kalu61:

I'm following,
Just quote me in a dead thread or open a thread "why some Christians stop going to church
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:54am On Jan 11, 2021
It was WORSHIP that Satan targeted from the onset, because that's the bone of contention.
He knew Eve was inexperience {1Timothy 2:14} so Satan lured her into becoming selfish and this led her to disobey her God! Genesis 3:6

If we're all obedient to God's word we will all benefit maximally {Isaiah 48:17-18} but ignorance, selfishness and greed are the three things that's killing mankind. Satan knew this so he arranged many forms of worship after winning one third of the angels in heaven to his side. He did this by turning their attention away from their loyal service to God and watching how humans engage in sex which is possible only in the midst of creatures with flesh, many of the angels left heaven, came down, formed fine bodies for themselves and started enjoying sex casually with different female humans! Genesis 6:1-2
That was the first time humans began having sex indiscriminately after those angels slept with all their beautiful ladies!
So it was after the destruction of that generation that those rebellious angels became demons, because God did not allow them back in heaven, when all the humans outside Noah's Ark perished in the deluge those angels just dropped their materialised bodies and returned to heaven since water can't kill them. But God has disowned them {1Peter 3:20; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6} so they became Satan's allies!

It's this fallen angels (demons) that are behind all the religions (forms of worship) before God called Abraham out from the east to Canaan. So before God established pure worship with the Israelites Satan has already established false worship in various parts of the earth with many mighty nations!

Those arrogant fallen angels (demons) themselves were fighting for supremacy so they used their worshipers as games to fight for domain. Most atheists and agnostics often ask "why did God kill or destroyed many nations to favour the Israelites?" well it's because back then each spirit proves it's mightiness with the ability to secure a domain where his worshipers will reside. And sincere people back then will follow any god that's able to secure a place because that's when they can live in peace and security!
So God proved himself by conquering Egypt without a military force, this supposed to send a warning to all those living on the surface of the earth that there is no other God apart from the one following Israelites everywhere they go {Joshua 1:9-11} but stubborn people still feels it's nothing so they paid with their lives! Joshua 6:15-25

To be continued...
Re: When Last Did You Attend Church And Why by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14am On Jan 11, 2021
So the true God finally established his pure worship with the Israelites leaving other nations in the hands of those demons. The Israelites are to serve as example for people throughout the earth as the true worshipers of God but they were unfaithful, they killed many of God's prophets sent to them and finally they killed God's son! Matthew 23:37-38

Jesus came to establish pure worship that will bring lasting bliss to all mankind and for this God promised to return us back to his former plan EVERLASTING LIFE , this means all those who accepted Jesus' teachings will be permitted to live forever without dying on this planet Earth! John 3:16 compared to Psalms 37:29

But Satan and other fallen angels are still around so they're determined to frustrate Jesus' effort, what they did was to first arranged for the killing of all the pioneers of Christianity after Jesus' ascension to heaven, then they established one form of worship under the then world power Roman Government that's why we have the Roman Catholic Church. This religion was formed by Satan and his demons to suppress pure worship and promote all forms of falsehood. So for centuries they were carrying this fake religion everywhere and forcing it on people, the Roman empire benefitted greatly from this religion as Rome continue to dominate all surrounding nations. Later many people began protesting against the Catholic Church and so many religions emerged but all of them are still affiliated to the Catholic Church as they're practicing the same thing only that the church leaders are different and aren't under the Pope!

So Christianity that was supposed to make people happy while practicing it turned out to become some forms of perfunctory services and worshipers can't see the joy of worship!

But today God has used his Holy Spirit to restructure pure worship and those in it are happily worshiping God again just like it was in the first century. It's left to each one of us to give attention to what we value most. If anyone wants to be happy JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will teach the person and no matter the condition one finds himself, he will always be glad to be in God's Spiritual Temple today!

God bless you

How I Got The Scripture For Yesterday's Twitter Scripture Challenge. / A Child Who Died At Age 9, Will Remain 9 Forever In Heaven. Let Us Discuss / Confiding With Pastor And Muslim Alfa. Is It Okay?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66