Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? (5057 Views)

Is Toyota Yaris 2007/2008 A Good Car For Uber Business / Why Is Toyota Avalon Less Popular Than Corolla And Camry? / Toyota Avalon 2006 Thumbstart Limited Edition Toks...3.2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
I intend getting a car very soon with a budget of 2.2-2.3 M max; reason being I don't intend spending a considerable sum on a car for now. Based on enquiries, Toyota Corolla ('04/05) seems to be a good buy; however, I dislike its ubiquitousness in this part of the world. It seems like 3 out of every 8 Nigerian car owners drive a corolla, which is quite understandable because of its ruggedness to plough and withstand the rigours of Nigerian roads and its fuel efficiency. This is more reason I've being considering a close alternative; I heard Hyundai products are enjoyed best when bought new from the factory, and I no fit drop roughly 15,000 dollars on top car. Toyota Camry (muscle) seems to be on the high side (2.8-3 M) judging from the prices on Jiji. Can anyone please provide some tips as to the strength and weaknesses of the Toyota Avalon?
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
The interior looks attractive as well.

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by fastseo: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Na ajebo car

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by princeogbeide1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
Move this thread to Car Talk section.
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by 1Alex: 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
But the car no get 2nd-hand value.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by nedekid: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
JIREN01:
I intend getting a car very soon with a budget of 2.2-2.3 M max; reason being I don't intend spending a considerable sum on a car for now. Based on enquiries, Toyota Corolla ('04/05) seems to be a good buy; however, I dislike its ubiquitousness in this part of the world. It seems like 3 out of every 8 Nigerian car owners drive a corolla, which is quite understandable because of its ruggedness to plough and withstand the rigours of Nigerian roads and its fuel efficiency. This is more reason I've being considering a close alternative; I heard Hyundai products are enjoyed best when bought new from the factory, and I no fit drop roughly 15,000 dollars on top car. Toyota Camry (muscle) seems to be on the high side (2.8-3 M) judging from the prices on Jiji. Can anyone please provide some tips as to the strength and weaknesses of the Toyota Avalon?
Exactly my thoughts
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by candyguyofficia(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
I have observed it as well and for my little research people always say it has low second hand value and V6 and if the car has i4 option (it could have been more popular) but that still leave out the question:
Why is the car largely unpopular among Nigerians? And to think it's a luxury Toyota product and Nigeria general craze for Toyota
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
candyguyofficia:
I have observed it as well and for my little research people always say it has low second hand value and V6 and if the car has i4 option (it could have been more popular) but that still leave out the question:
Why is the car largely unpopular among Nigerians? And to think it's a luxury Toyota product and Nigeria general craze for Toyota
Please, what does i4 option mean?
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by candyguyofficia(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
JIREN01:
Please, what does i4 option mean?

4 Cylinder Piston Engine. It is what we in Nigeria call 4plug engine, (these engine are famous and preferred in Nigeria because it "saves fuel" ). The Avalon you posted comes in V6 ONLY (and it is mostly believed by Nigerians that V6 engine always consume more fuel than "4plug, although it is not always true). The model year you posted have no "4Plug" option

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by Samakus(m): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2021
Avalon, my dream car. 2nd hand value or not, I will have this car, amen

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by alienvirus: 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
I havebeen using the earlier version since 2018. I never had any issue with it. I use between 6 - 8k fuel per week depending on the traffic situation. The car answers when it is called upon. I don't care about second have value. I haven't finished enjoying the first hand value sef

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by ojmaroni247(m): 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2021
The Avalon usually comes in V6 engines ,from 2006 u have 2GR v6 3.5liter engines,I wont lie its fuel consuming dont listed to pple u hear that say it doesn't consume fuel,tho it always answers when called upon that's why it's a v6 engine more aggression. But the lexus Es350 has taken over ,there was a time the Avalon was everywhere too . Fuel is the major issue if not many pple like avalon, they have more quality interior than any Toyota car of its year,as it's the flagship sedan of Toyota.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by Zhirinovsky: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
OP you sabi better.

I so much like avalon. The newer models are crazy!!!!!

Don't mind wetn Nigerians dey talk. If you see neat avalon, don't look back. As far as you use it well, you can always resell it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by Zhirinovsky: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
2013/14 avalon; colour silver na die!!

Back view and interior is top notch.
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by uzedo1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
JIREN01:

I will advise you to be patient a little bit. Reason being that prices of cars, especially Japanese cars are on the high side because of the festive period & dollars.

The Toyota Camry (spider/muscle) prices will still drop to 2.4m or 2.3m toks with time. Don't be in a hurry. In addition, the second value of Camry & corolla is high compared to avalon.

Avalon is a luxury salon car & its maintenance is little bit on the high side. But its a good car though.

Don't 4get to take your trusted mechanic along
e get why

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by nedekid: 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
uzedo1:

I will advise you to be patient a little bit. Reason being that prices of cars, especially Japanese cars are on the high side because of the festive period & dollars.

The Toyota Camry (spider/muscle) prices will still drop to 2.4m or 2.3m toks with time. Don't be in a hurry. In addition, the second value of Camry & corolla is high compared to avalon.

Avalon is a luxury salon car & its maintenance is little bit on the high side. But its a good car though.

e get why
Thinking the same way too.
I hear they reduced not import duty but tariff on used cars. Do you thank that will have a significant effect?
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by Nicepoker(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
TOYOTA... The One You Ought To Avoid.
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by DonTim1: 5:29am On Jan 11, 2021
Car has never failed me, 10k plus fuel for a week doing 98km per day and other waka waka.

Never started it twice, chilling AC, more horsepower, cabin room and balance, you can turn with two fingers holding the steering at 180kmh. You need good road to enjoy this monster. grin grin

Buy if your commute don't involve traffic routes else you watch your fuel guage go down in front of you while using AC in traffic

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 11, 2021
lipsrsealed the car don too enter my eye, i need comot am___especially the TRD(Toyota Racing Development) model

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by Jamesadebola: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
You can try searching on Jiji with your budget.
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 10:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
uzedo1:

e get why
Thanks Boss
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nicepoker:
TOYOTA... The One You Ought To Avoid.
What are the reasons why?
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2021
princeogbeide1:
Move this thread to Car Talk section.
How do I please?
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by bishopkay: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
grin I laugh because I've talked on this topic here

Pros:
1. Speed: the motor dey run well well
2. Interior: while some says the interior is beautiful, I find such claims ridiculous. It's roomy sha I'll give that to the car. It also has heated front seats
3: The engine they say it's some what reliable

Cons
1. E dey chop fuel o! Especially with AC on. Literally while driving, you'll see the fuel indicator turning downward like a clock. Yes that's your fuel going down!
2. The parts are expensive! The last I checked, the fancy plastic grills at the bottom of the bumper of the 2010 costs 12k !
3. Second hand resell value is low people already said that.
4. Seats Crack up easily. So much for luxury Sedan angry undecided

Over all, with good maintenance culture and some cash on the side, it's not a bad ride if you're looking for an extra room apart from that in your home of course.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by themonk(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
Na when you buy am you go know why people dey aviod am grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by 1stNumeroUno: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
It's funny how people turn down Avalon because of V6 engine and they are head-over-heel for Lexus ES350 (even ES330).

1 Like

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by Frando29(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
Your budget won't even get you an avalon of the model years you posted. Toyota camry 2002 to 2006 will suit that budget. Why don't you research on that model?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
themonk:
Na when you buy am you go know why people dey aviod am grin
grin grin you wicked
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by JIREN01: 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2021
Frando29:
Your budget won't even get you an avalon of the model years you posted. Toyota camry 2002 to 2006 will suit that budget. Why don't you research on that model?
you mean big daddy?
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by ejodachi: 7:49am On Feb 16, 2021
alienvirus:
I havebeen using the earlier version since 2018. I never had any issue with it. I use between 6 - 8k fuel per week depending on the traffic situation. The car answers when it is called upon. I don't care about second have value. I haven't finished enjoying the first hand value sef

Please which year are you using
Re: Why Is Toyota Avalon So Uncommon? by alienvirus: 9:12am On Feb 16, 2021
ejodachi:

Please which year are you using

(1) (Reply)

Lovely 2005 Volkswagen Jetta (new Shape)!!!! / Nigerian Used Honda Crv 2008 For Sale / Japanese Used Denyo 45kva Power Generator. 2 Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.