Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams (19001 Views)

Today Is Finidi George's 50th Birthday. / Joseph Yobo Pictured With Finidi George - Check His Current Look / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by robosky02(m): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2021
Finidi: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams

Former Super Eagles winger Finidi George insists he will continue to apply for jobs with Nigeria’s national teams despite being overlooked twice.

Finidi has failed to get the nod for the U-17 job twice.

“I’m very disappointed but I understand the Nigerian system quite well,” Finidi told BBC Sport Africa.

“It’s a matter of having the patience. So I’m open continue to improve myself with the hope of getting a chance to coach one of the country’s youth teams.

“When you have the right qualifications, attitude and professionalism, you can only aim for the best and it may even be a chance with the senior side, the Super Eagles, we shall see.”

George is not only continuing his search for a coaching role but is also keen to continue improving himself as he splits his time between Nigeria and Spain, where he spent much of his playing career.

Read Also:NPFL: Rivers United Extend Unbeaten Run; Rangers, Dakkada Win Away

His first rejection came in 2018 when Manu Garba was retained as Nigeria’s U-17 coach and then last year Finidi once again applied for the post, this time another ex-international and veteran local manager Fatai Amoo was chosen by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“I was disappointed to be ignored, but only consoled that at the end of the day this is Nigeria,” he added.

“I understand the challenges, I will just wait for when the time is right and the opportunity present itself again.

“As I continue to look at other options out there, I am open and will not shut the doors to Nigeria.

“I just hope someday that decision will be made and I will be call upon to handle one of the teams. I can only just keep hoping.”

https://www.completesports.com/finidi-i-will-continue-applying-for-jobs-with-nigerias-national-teams/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by yanabasee(m): 9:42am On Jan 12, 2021
I am very certain that he understands the corruption in the NFA and how to bribe his way into it.....

He should do the needful as Nigeria don too corrupt and doesn't favor merit and competent people.....

13 Likes

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Godpikin4real(f): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2021
Pls, grease the palm of those who mara and they'll grease urs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Tookool(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2021
Finidi isn't even sounding like he's capable of handling a team if given a chance. Seems he's interested in the job cus of the pay

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by DisLifeSha: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2021
I will like him being given the chance. I think he will do well

1 Like

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by ipobarethieves: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2021
shocked
Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Sweeterthansuga: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2021
The greatest footballer ever in nigeria history

11 Likes

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Propsper4521(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2021
Get an Online Presence

1 Like

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by OnValue3: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by oloriooko(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2021
so so bad
Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Tookool(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2021
Sweeterthansuga:
The greatest footballer ever in nigeria history
What would you call Rashidi Yekini

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Antoeni(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2021
And You Will continue Not to have it
Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by PHijo(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2021
If Nigeria fails to give you the opportunity it is their loss not yours.

I truly wish ex-internationals set up clubs or buy over clubs in Nigeria. If Nigeria is too corrupt they should think of better prepared African countries.

If setting it up is too much of a risk for one ex-player 5 or 10 of them can come together to set it up. I believe that's one of the ways the face of football can change on the continent.

4 Likes

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by thelinguist: 11:08am On Jan 12, 2021
Tookool:
Finidi isn't even sounding like he's capable of handling a team if given a chance. Seems he's interested in the job cus of the pay
which kain pay?...

6 Likes

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Tookool(m): 11:09am On Jan 12, 2021
thelinguist:
which kain pay?...
Salary ...okuk ubok utom

2 Likes

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:09am On Jan 12, 2021
Had it being that this current coach is a Nigerian, all this illiterates Aboki would HV being agitating for his removal mostly from south.
It shall never be well with idiotic lugard and his entire generation for this unworkable marriage with people that value cow more than human life, people that value religion more than development and civilization,
The picture below is a typical northerner for u

2 Likes

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by festacman(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2021
Nigerian football hasn't improve much under Amaju Pinnick-led NFF. Hoping that the next election will produce better NFF team.
Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:11am On Jan 12, 2021
This man has been treated poorly by Mr
Pinnick and his NFF Gang.

Keep on employing people less qualified to Emmanuel Amunike and George Finidi.

1 Like

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by BigDawsNet: 11:11am On Jan 12, 2021
Goodluck...
Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by Adejoncy01(m): 11:11am On Jan 12, 2021
I personally don't see any rationale behind closing down Universities again all in the name of the covid-19 pandemic.

There was covid-19 pandemic, elections held in Edo and Ondo, but Universities ought to be closed.

There is covid-19 pandemic but people go to markets, religious centers and other public places but not University. Private Universities has also been opened all this time.

Even primary and secondary Schools have been opened in some states but why not University? The government and ASUU have succeeded in incurring additional charges for the students like house rent and more. A year has been wasted already, Nigerian students can't afford more.

FG SHOULD ACT ACCORDINGLY AND OPEN OUR CAMPUSES WITHOUT HESITATION!
Signed;
Nigerian Students.
Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2021
Finito ! Wow ! It's so nice seeing this man's face again. One of the African finest players of his era.

I wish you good luck bro.

3 Likes

Re: Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams by robosky02(m): 11:13am On Jan 12, 2021
We have the right men that can move our football forward

But amaju will be giving it to people like Rohr

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad / FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Canada 2014! / French Media Claim PSG Could Rescind Sergio Ramos' Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.