Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

As a man, how do I bring up my daughter in this world of so called woke men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As a man, how do I bring up my daughter in this world of so called woke men? (413 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / Should I Bring Her Over To The US? / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As a man, how do I bring up my daughter in this world of so called woke men? by oyolohi: 9:23am On Jan 14, 2021
If you've been following trends, you must have realized that more men than comfortable have been claiming memberships of certain groups of "woke" men... speaking of MGTOW, Red Pill, and of recently, Stingy Men/Guys associations. It doesn't end there, more of these groups will rise --you don't need a prophet to realize that. While it's hard to say exactly why it happens now, judging by human social evolution history, things like this are bound to happen soon or later in the future.

However, be warned! Do not be distracted by pains or fun, especially if you're a father/plan to father a girl child in these modern times: you should bring up your daughter in ways that will ensure her smooth survival even in the worst case scenario.

Without further ado, lets dive straight into how to achieve this:

1. Hangout more often with your daughter.
Most men are of this mentality that girl children are to be raised entirely by their moms. Judging by the breed of men currently available, you'll realize that maintaining this mentality might end up problematic as you wife (if you have one) might still be of the old "women are entitled" mentality. If you identify yourself by any of these groups of woke men, ask yourself: what if every man out there is like me? Will my daughter be in trouble if entirely raised by an entitled woman? Hence the need to spend more time with your daughter; take her out when hanging out with your male friends from time to time. That way she'll end up with a better understanding of how modern men are wired.

2. Do not defend her unnecessarily.
While some might argue that the "entitlement" women feel is entirely instinctive, let's not forget the very things that shapes instincts in the first place: if your daughter has male siblings for example, and they have fights, instead of taking her sides and consequently giving the boy more punishment for their act, you should instead encourage the girl to fight better next time instead of crying. Hey, I know, you're probably thinking why I would encourage fights among siblings in a family.:.but hey, if you grew up with siblings in Nigeria, you'll recall that you also had your gigs and WWEs grin however, time passed and you've all realized that those acts were mere childishness. You've probably come to love each other unconditionally. However, if you're the no-nonsense type of father, ensure that you give the girl and boy equal punishment. That way you'll be indirectly telling her to step up; for she'll know that same weight of consequence awaits them both if they engage in such acts next time. Take life easy with them, no matter how hard your are on them, they'll still engage in these acts from time to time, you know that from your own childhood experience!

3. Be available for her.
There's a level you'll be available for you daughter that she'll even feel more comfortable coming to you than her mother. That way, she'll open up to you about her friends, school life, probably love life, etc. Always be conscious of how you handle these Jists as these are what shapes her mentality and determine whether she'll come to you next time. If she got into a fight with a random boy in school, teach her how to beat the boy mercilessly and also take advantage of society by reporting the boy --as the boy in such school setting might get the most punishment. That way she'll know how to mercilessly fight for herself and also use society to her advantage. If you took my "fighting and equal consequences" advise of Number 2 point above seriously, great! you've already trained her how to face such combat situation in the society at large.

4. Do not designate chores based on prejudice.
As we all know, there are certain chores designated for guys and others for girls in the family and society. This usually, and consequently ends up reinforcing the girl's trust in the old society. Raise your daughter to do all the chores boys usually do alongside everything girls usually do. This should also be the case for your boy (especially if you want to raise him as independent on women) let him learn to cook from a young age, while also doing everything guys do normally. Back to the point, training your daughter to see all chores as actually "do-able" by girls will give her an edge over the kinds of girls who suffer most in this woke world of men.

That's it my friends. My points above no doubt will shape your daughter to adapt and take charge in a world of "woke" men.

Note, I'm not saying you should raise your daughter as a tomboy, let her spend as much time with her mom/other girls. The most important thing, however, is not to leave her upbringing entirely at the mercy of women: Won't she end up as exactly what you (the woke guy) don't like in women if you allow that?

I'll put a fullstop here, feel free to add yours.

Remember these wise words: With family, comes great responsibility. It isn't by force to have wives and kids in this modern times. Most importantly, your kids did not beg for the life you gave to them; thats why you must know these things as a man in order to bring them up (the girl child in this case) in the best ways possible.
Re: As a man, how do I bring up my daughter in this world of so called woke men? by AK6464(m): 10:17am On Jan 14, 2021
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: As a man, how do I bring up my daughter in this world of so called woke men? by DontBullshitMe: 10:36am On Jan 14, 2021
Oyolohi. My MGTOW brother.

Your source of wisdom will not dry.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ Does Catholic Church Ask About Age During Marriage Prep? / Mouka Foam Mattress For Sale 10k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.