Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,344 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life (338 Views)

How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? / Apostle Suleman: My Spiritual Son Landed In France 'Supernaturally' / "Uma Ukpai Is My Spiritual Father”, Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by viod: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2021
Good morning.. first of all, I apologize for any grammatical errors.
I have strong desire to become a minister , the strong urge to serve God started last year, though I decided to join the ushering unit at my church which is going well ' still feels it's not a enough'.
I told my neighbor that happens to be a pastor about this and the first questions to ask is (I'm being called), that moment I couldn't answer it. I believe there is a special way for God calling but I have some sign n revelations,the problem is I don't think is enough reason.
(1) Back in school, I came out for a special prayer in church. The pastor was touching our head one by one but on getting to me he stopped and he said I have a call of God upon my life that it's a must for me to serve God.That was 3years ago
(2) pple use to called me a pastor (I believe they were just joking tho) but it was getting to much to handle
'you look like a pastor,like a minister bla bla bla'
There was a day a small boy around 4 or 5 yeras old called me pastor AY in our street ,that was the first time the boy spoke to me and I was convinced the didn't hear anything about it or heard it from someone.
(3) I pass through rough times and still passing but I believe things will be good, but I don't want these experiences to just go without sharing it,turning it to to counselling and teaching ,some times I think of how i stand in front of congregation preaching, talking to my self.
(4) I want to help pple in the future,the less privileged,sick ,prisoners and so on .in form of a foundation in fact I already have a name and logo for it ..what I need is just finance
(5) pple seeks advice from me , relationship,business and some times spiritual life...and even all these things r not going well for me ,still wonder why they come to me ,tho mostly my appearance looks good and i makes jokes alot and pple thought my career n life is Okay but I'm suffering from depression for years now...

In addition, I have heard many pple telling me both prophet and Alfa's telling me my destiny is very great that I will become as great that I will control large Number of pple
PS ..... I'm still working on subduing my flesh completely to serve God ,I pray and fast about it,its very difficult I most say...
My questions are these things enough to be convinced I'm meant to be a minister.....pls help me....I'm really bothered about it.
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by debbydams(f): 11:19am On Jan 14, 2021
Hummm.. Why not going for three days marathon Or probably seven days nd seek God, speak to him let him lead u..
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 14, 2021
Glory to God. Please send me a private mail (pm) so we can discuss very well. God bless you greatly mr viod
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 14, 2021
viod:
I have strong desire to become a minister , the strong urge to serve God started last year, though I decided to join the ushering unit at my church which is going well ' still feels it's not a enough'.
I told my neighbor that happens to be a pastor about this and the first questions to ask is (I'm being called), that moment I couldn't answer it. I believe there is a special way for God calling but I have some sign n revelations,the problem is I don't think is enough reason.
(1) Back in school, I came out for a special prayer in church. The pastor was touching our head one by one but on getting to me he stopped and he said I have a call of God upon my life that it's a must for me to serve God.That was 3years ago
(2) pple use to called me a pastor (I believe they were just joking tho) but it was getting to much to handle
'you look like a pastor,like a
Glory to God. Send me a pm so we can discuss
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by viod: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2021
thank you
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2021
I have saved your number. Please modify your comment above by deleting your number. Thank you sir.
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by culf: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2021
Pray about it, keep praying about it. Hand it over to God while you keep doing his work and trying to follow him, if you're destined to be a pastor, you will be but no need to rush it. You mustn't be a pastor to serve God.

Good luck
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
viod:
There was a day a small boy around 4 or 5 yeras old called me pastor AY in our street ,that was the first time the boy spoke to me and I was convinced the didn't hear anything about it or heard it from someone.
(3) I pass through rough times and still passing but I believe things will be good, but I don't want these experiences to just go without sharing it,turning it to to counselling and teaching ,some times I think of how i stand in front of congregation preaching, talking to my self.
(4) I want to help pple in the future,the less privileged,sick ,prisoners and so on .in form of a foundation in fact I already have a name and logo for it ..what I need is just finance
(5) pple seeks advice from me , relationship,business and some times spiritual life...and even all these things r not going well for me ,still wonder why they come to me ,tho mostly my appearance looks good and i makes jokes alot and pple thought my career n life is Okay but I'm suffering from depression for years now...

In addition, I have heard many pple telling me both prophet and Alfa's telling me my destiny is very great that I will become as great that I will control large Number of pple
PS ..... I'm still working on subduing my flesh completely to serve God ,I pray and fast about it,its very difficult I most say...
My questions are these things enough to be convinced I'm meant to be a minister.....pls help me....I'm really bothered about it.

Don't not waste time trying to find out if you have the calling of God on your life or not, because such an idea is not of God but of men.

All men are called of God but only few are chosen.

The chosen ones are those few who yield themselves to the Will of God among the called.

So you should yield yourself to God's Will if you're willing to do so. The extent to which you do that, determines the extent to which God would be able to use you to serve His purpose.

I will put you in my prayers.

God bless.
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by Kobojunkie: 3:06am On Jan 19, 2021
viod:

In addition, I have heard many pple telling me both prophet and Alfa's telling me my destiny is very great that I will become as great that I will control large Number of people

First thing first, it is not your looks(outward appearance) or what people say of you that determines what God wants you to do. Instead, Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the only thing God wants of you and the truth has been set in place for at least 200 years. You need to make a decision to either serve God according to His covenant(His Will) or serve Him according to your whim or will.

Second, every single person who eventually submits to obeying the New Covenant commandments as stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself end up doing the very same thing... They are born of the spirit of God and hence become servants of God, all of them...no special offices and no exemptions from the rule. Every single one of them serves as the body of Jesus Christ here on earth going about doing works of righteousness as stipulated and commanded by Him. No one gets to be master or leader in any way or form.

Third, the only way to becoming a servant of God is by submitting to and obedience of all of the commandments laid down by Jesus Christ as recorded in the gospels. There are about 46 such commandments and obedience of every single one is necessary no matter how irrelevant it may seem to your situation or condition. All this of course under the lead of the spirit of God Himself.

If on the other hand, what you are looking to becoming is a business owner like the many pastors and preachers out there who pretend they know God but refuse to obey His every commandment, then I say you might as well skip Jesus Christ entireeely since the only gain to that is of this world and not the next.
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by UgoFly: 11:28am On Jan 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First thing first, it is not your looks(outward appearance) or what people say of you that determines what God wants you to do. Instead, Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the only thing God wants of you and the truth has been set in place for at least 200 years. You need to make a decision to either serve God according to His covenant(His Will) or serve Him according to your whim or will.

Second, every single person who eventually submits to obeying the New Covenant commandments as stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself end up doing the very same thing... They are born of the spirit of God and hence become servants of God, all of them...no special offices and no exemptions from the rule. Every single one of them serves as the body of Jesus Christ here on earth going about doing works of righteousness as stipulated and commanded by Him. No one gets to be master or leader in any way or form.

Third, the only way to becoming a servant of God is by submitting to and obedience of all of the commandments laid down by Jesus Christ as recorded in the gospels. There are about 46 such commandments and obedience of every single one is necessary no matter how irrelevant it may seem to your situation or condition. All this of course under the lead of the spirit of God Himself.

If on the other hand, what you are looking to becoming is a business owner like the many pastors and preachers out there who pretend they know God but refuse to obey His every commandment, then I say you might as well skip Jesus Christ entireeely since the only gain to that is of this world and not the next.

This got me thinking. Are we really worshipping God according to His will or our will? This is the reason for the disunity amongst Christians in the world today. Here is someone that should ordinarily start serving the Lord in the best way he can but he is feeling depressed cos he is not a Minister or a Pastor according to world standard. Who says one needs to have any appointment before worshipping and serving the Lord? The world has muddled up Christianity! Calling now means you must own a mega church in a mega city! You feel you have a calling and you are waiting till you become a pastor.
Re: Need A Genuine Advice About My Spiritual Life by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
UgoFly:

This got me thinking. Are we really worshipping God according to His will or our will? This is the reason for the disunity amongst Christians in the world today. Here is someone that should ordinarily start serving the Lord in the best way he can but he is feeling depressed cos he is not a Minister or a Pastor according to world standard. Who says one needs to have any appointment before worshipping and serving the Lord? The world has muddled up Christianity! Calling now means you must own a mega church in a megacity! You feel you have a calling and you are waiting till you become a pastor.

Sadly, the Truth of God has been muddled up by all the lies out there that we live and die without ever seeing the light of Jesus Christ shining as it did even back when the apostles first walked after Him.

A "calling" according to the Bible is nothing like what the many pastors and ministers of today engage in. The light they exude is no way different from the fake light of the world today... Glistens some on the outside but of fail substance and worth when probed as it is rooted in self-righteousness of man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Cult: Deeper Life Bible Church. / The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of / If It Wasn't For Church Offerings And Tithes There Will Be Fewer Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.