Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

A Trust Your Instincts Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Trust Your Instincts Experience (263 Views)

Trust Scholarship: Apply For International Scholarships / Wellcome Trust International Master’s Scholarships (£120,000 Funding) / 5 Basic Reasons Why You Should Not Trust Your Course Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Trust Your Instincts Experience by Federalcase(m): 8:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
Watsup Ladies and gentlemen in the house, i want to share with you an incident that happened to me in bosso minna 2016. Please am not an expert in english so pardon my grammar.

So back in 2016, i can't remember which month exactly but it's was during the raining season. 2 of my friends and I were doing remedial studies in futmx bosso campus. My friends and I come from same place so we choose to stay together, we rented a self contain apartment and everything was going well for us. We had lots of friends there to the extent that some of them do pass the night at our place and it's didn't really bother us because we are all guys and the kind of fun we have is just too much.

One day, a friend of ours named abdul, he is yoruba guy from ilorin, he had a birthday party and after the party he stayed with us for like 3 days. So on the third day around 6-7pm, i and abdul were in the room and one of my roommates went to buy food stuff because he was cooking, leaving just me and abdul in the room. My other roommate went for piano lessons and will coming back by 8pm. I decided to take a quick shower and i left my phone (gionee M3) on our reading table. After i shower finish, my roommate that was cooking was back and to my surprise abdul was sweeping the room and i was like "what has gotten into this one" so i continue my thing, wear my clothes and apply my cream. Time reach for me to carry my phone go charge (it was off) i no see phone again, shoo ! Where my phone?. I asked who carry my phone here but it seems the phone don develop leg waka oo. Abdul and My roommate were like "are you sure you dropped it there? Check well o". Then immediately One voice in my head was telling me that abdul was the one that took my phone but i don't want to sound immature and start accusing our friend abdul that he is a theif. "who else will take my phone ? But what if i just forgot where i dropped the phone" I thought to myself. So I decided to calm down and look for the phone. Abdul and my roommate went out to get kush from some guys at Abdul's grandmother's area and i was alone in the room thinking and searching every corner, bags and even abdul's bags but still no phone. My body was weak, "What will i tell my parents? My previous phone was also stolen and this one again no way" i thought to myself. So i was there thinking of what to do and i was like " what is all this, if the phone was in this room, i would have found it" and finally i concur with the voice in my head that abdul is the theif but if he is out there that's means my phone is long gone o. Soon everyone came back including the abdul. My roommate that went for piano lesson came back also and started sleeping. So i dragged my other roommate one side and i told him that my instinct is telling me that abdul is the theif o and my roommate was like if he took the phone that means when they went to get kush, he might have transferred the phone to somebody but he is not sure because abdul never left his sight when they went out and I said okay but i still think he is the theif o. So my roommate decided to believe me and he asked what i plan on doing. Well i said, if the phone is still with him then what he is looking for now is freedom, we are going to give him the freedom and see what happens. So my roommate and i went back to our room. Abdul was there just sitting down and my other roommate was fast asleep so after like 2 mins my roommate told us that he is going out to buy roll bond (rizla) and i also decided to join him, i made it clear that i want to buy recharge card and use his phone to call my parents and notify them about the missing phone. Immediately we left the room, i went straight to the back of our apartment and i was watching abdul through the window . And then after like 30 secs abdul stood up and went to took something from his bag, i didn't see what it was at first so i kept watching him and To my greatest surprise i saw abdul left the room and I was wondering where he was going, before I could take one move, abdul was in front of me oo holding a black nyon and looking surprised as he met me at the back of our apartment and i was like "abdul what is in that black nylon, is it my phone? " Immediately i drag the nylon from him and behold it was my phone oo. I was surprised and at the same time happy because i trusted my instinct and the abdul brought my phone right back to me. After collecting the phone, i went straight to my room and brought out his bag and i asked him to leave.

Sometimes when problem arises and you are out of solutions, just trust your instincts and you will be surprise to see how trusting your instincts will solve the problem in no time. Have you had such experience before? Please share with us, others can learn from it.
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by doggedfighter(f): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
Your story is interesting grin

And I agree with you on trusting your intuition

2 Likes

Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by CodeTemplar: 10:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
lol...
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by sorextee(m): 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
This story Fit enter fp. So let me add my own.

Some years back, i closed from work. I took a cab to berger, from berger, i was to take anoda cab to kubwa where i reside. I was playing candy crush on my samsung s6, which was the reigning phone dat time. I sat by d window. I got so carried away with the game. Suddenly, the real owner snatched my phone from the window and ran. The cab man quickly stopped, i came down to pursue d guy, but he had already mixed with d crowd nd disappeared. I told d cab to go while i stood at berger looking confused. Then one of those touts approached me and asked WETIN HAPPEN? i told him someone snatched my phone. The guy started acting hyper, crying more than the bereaved. I didnt suspect anyyhing that time cos i wasnt thinking straight. He assured me he was gonna get the phone for me. I thanked him, he gave me his number(his mistake). I took a cab home.

As i reach house, i begin play back all wetin sup. My instinct began to tell me that the guy who stopped me is among the thief. He probably stopped me as a delay tactics so d real thief will escape. I called d guy two days later, he said he didnt see anybody. He didnt know i was planning him.

I already told my frnds working with Dss and Navy. Them sef don ready for action. I called d guy i was coming d next day let me reward him cos he has been nice. My guys don already position for berger bridge dey wait. They were on mufti. I reach d place, i called him, he came out. Immediately, i land am slap, jack am for belt. My friends came out and put him inside hilux, straight to guard room for abacha barracks. There he confessed say they are a group, he delayed me dat night so the thief go escape. He sha took us to his gang, all were bundled. My s6 was still with d thief, about to sell it. Na so i collect my phone back. So many things happened afterwards, but make i no yarn those ones.

Praise the Lord.
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 16, 2021
There was a day I just withdrew #1000 which was the last card in my account and as I was going the money fell on the floor and as I was going something told me to check back and I saw the money on the floor and I saw a classmate of mime about to take the money but when he was I had looked back he told me he was playing pranks but I knew if I hadn't looked back the guy was going to take the money.
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by Federalcase(m): 11:16am On Jan 16, 2021
doggedfighter:
Your story is interesting grin

And I agree with you on trusting your intuition
it was a magical experience in my life
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by Fidelismaria: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Thunder fire Amdull, indeed he was dull, otherwise he wouldn't have been caught.
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by Cerebellum: 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Fidelismaria:
Thunder fire Amdull, indeed he was dull, otherwise he wouldn't have been caught.

Lol...lol

Arindin man
OP, nah Abdul's accomplice wey steal.ur phone then be this

Quick call DSSgrin
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by The5DME(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
y
Re: A Trust Your Instincts Experience by Federalcase(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lol bros pity the guy. DSS too much for this one

The whole DSS don sort the matter grin

Cerebellum:

Lol...lol

Arindin man
OP, nah Abdul's accomplice wey steal.ur phone then be this

Quick call DSSgrin

(1) (Reply)

Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Oron (M. A. N) Released Lists For 20/21 Admission / Nigeria Has A Large Number Of "Highly Educated Illiterates" / What Subjects Are Needed For Software Engineering In Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.