Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba (7388 Views)

Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) / Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba / Igala Affinity: ‘IFA’ Is The Connecting Link Of Original Nigerians – Attah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
This is also open to the igbos, ewe, fon and nupe becuase they all used the same divination system as the Yoruba just under different names

I call for any single Nigerian, Ghanaian, Togolese, beninoise person to debate me on Christianity or Islam being the true religion over ifa, afa, efa. I assure you I will win the facts I provide will override any point you can possibly make.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
I await challengers
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by OlayemiAshraf(m): 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
Vawulence bout to start

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by babasolution: 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
Why did the Yoruba's and other tribes quickly a bad on IFA for Christian and Islam if IFA was loved,something sinister was involved with IFA that made people to quickly abaddon it,don't tell me they were brainwashed by whites etc,its difficult for people to a bad on the religion or faith they love.something tells me IFA was oppressive that's why people quickly abandoned it
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2021
IFA is indeed the true religion of the Yoruba people, a great art,a great science. It was developed by a great Yoruba philosopher, Orunmila, it present a way of knowing the mind of olodumare through divination, IFA has 256 principal odus,although there are sixteen odus,but each odus has another alternative which makes it 256.

But the bad side of IFA is that some of it Philosophy goes against ethics and humanity, human sacrifice, tendency to get in contact with wrong demons,so I say it loud IFA is to be associated as a great art or science but not as a religion, hear me I grew up in the midst of elders and I know what they do in secret, they never have peace of mind,the truth is that only in Jesus is there peace and hope for the afterlife, Jesus said " love your neighbour as you love yourself, he said to the adulterer" go and seen no more", what religion could be greater than this,what I wrote is the truth,is you disapprove ask your heart

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Lessonteacher(f): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
Abohboy:
I await challengers
ok, convince us how IFa is the true religion
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2021
babasolution:
Why did the Yoruba's and other tribes quickly a bad on IFA for Christian and Islam if IFA was loved,something sinister was involved with IFA that made people to quickly abaddon it,don't tell me they were brainwashed by whites etc,its difficult for people to a bad on the religion or faith they love.something tells me IFA was oppressive that's why people quickly abandoned it

Nothing bad was involved in ifa. They demonised it to keep us Africans in mental slavery thinking that the whites were gods, so we would worship them and okay into their every word which is why it worked. There are still many people practice ifa even descendants of Yoruba slaves in South America and the Caribbean practice ifa. My job is to create knowledge on these things, there is nothing demonic, satanic or whatsoever about ifa.

5 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2021
Lessonteacher:
ok, convince us how IFa is the true religion

Convince you, okay where would you like me to start. There are many aspects of ifa, it is not only a religion but also a literary corpus containing over 204 000 pages worth of knowledge from the dawn of time till today

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
IFA is indeed the true religion of the Yoruba people, a great art,a great science. It was developed by a great Yoruba philosopher, Orunmila, it present a way of knowing the mind of olodumare through divination, IFA has 256 principal odus,although there are sixteen odus,but each odus has another alternative which makes it 256.

But the bad side of IFA is that some of it Philosophy goes against ethics and humanity, human sacrifice, tendency to get in contact with wrong demons,so I say it loud IFA is to be associated as a great art or science but not as a religion, hear me I grew up in the midst of elders and I know what they do in secret, they never have peace of mind,the truth is that only in Jesus is there peace and hope for the afterlife, Jesus said " love your neighbour as you love yourself, he said to the adulterer" go and seen no more", what religion could be greater than this,what I wrote is the truth,is you disapprove ask your heart

Jesus this Jesus that the myth of Jesus was created from the Greek pagan god serapis in 325AD go and learn some history. Ifa does not contain human sacrifice, human sacrifice in ifa is taboo and outlawed. There are no demons in ifa but there are ajogun which come in many different forms including as viruses. Ifa is a great science and art I agree with you but it is also a great religion and spirituality. Jesus cannot and will never help you. If Jesus cared for us blacks he wouldn’t have allowed us to be taken away in the slave trade. But it was ifa or what evolved into the Caribbean religions which helped the Haitians to gain “supernatural” powers as some witnesses stated to overcome the French.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
The ifa corpus is made up of 16 major books with 256 minor books/chapters it follows a binary system which can be found in maths and computer science. It is thousands of years old it is as old as humanity some may claim. And it contains so much knowledge it contains history, it contains biology, it contains astronomy, it contains anatomy, it contains war tactics, it contains inventions, it contains religion, it contains philosophy etc. It is a book with so much knowledge it is important but we are focusing in the religious part of it.

For one let me clear some misunderstandings about ifa, they do not and never have practiced human sacrifice in ifa, in most cases ebo ( sacrifice) will be needed for ifa but it is only animal sacrifices.

There is no satan in ifa and esu is not satan, esu is the beholder of destiny and a messenger he is the only other bridge between you and the spiritual realm other than your ancestors ( we”ll get back to them ). Ifa is an oracle system but because of the sheer amount of information the babalawo isn’t always able to give you the answer you want immediately, he may have to recite three different stories or proverbs, thst all apply to your problem but don’t solve it before you find a solution.

Ifa is highly spiritual it takes the whole body to come together to truly understand the power of ifa. Ifa speaks to the body, to the souk and the consciousness through music, through rhythm and through word thst is why Yoruba is a tonal language, Yoruba was made for ifa and by ifa.

The ifa corpus was originally made by a man named orummila who was deified as the orisha of wisdom and institution, which is another thing.

The average human is able to become deified but these days there are few with such knowledge other than elders. Orishas majority of them were once people but they gained such a great understanding of nature and the spiritual realm thst they gained powers over nature. Sango was an ordinary man but he learnt so much about the lightning and fire that he was able to essentially control them. Ogun learnt so much about the structure of the world and minerals and war. That he was able to win all the wars, he was able to manipulate the metals into many forms never seen before and he was able to identify things others hadn’t and he had a great understanding of the world around him which is why he was deified.

You may be wondering what is an orisha, well orisha is essentially a deity but ori means head in yoruba becuase in ifa the head is very important and integral to the overall cohesion of the man and the spiritual world. It is believed that the head is the source of your spiritual self becuase it is where your consciousness is located which is why the head is so integral to it. Which is why you need to protect your head and make sure to venerate it and keep it clean at all times, it is your path to orun and the understanding of the world.

Ifa does not have any hell within it, there is only orun ( source ) they do not know where the source is or how it works but they say when you die you go back to the source of all life.

Now going away from a few misunderstandings ifa is also a lot more equal to woman then other religions, ifa deified women, how many female angels or at least angels in the Bible do you see with feminine names how many woman in the Bible or Quran were highly respected, were prophets, were given special powers from God etc, the only significant woman in the Bible are Ruth and Mary every other one just served as a house wife or a domestic cleaner. But in ifa you have oya orisha of thunder and wind, you have osun orisha of fertility and life you have yemoja orisha of water and rivers, you have olokun Orishas if the seas and so many others there are more than a hundred female Orishas, but that isn’t the only place where this equality is shown

5 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Lessonteacher(f): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
Abohboy:

Convince you, okay where would you like me to start. There are many aspects of ifa, it is not only a religion but also a literary corpus containing over 204 000 pages worth of knowledge from the dawn of time till today
tell me more about IFa Corpus
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
Lessonteacher:
tell me more about IFa Corpus

It contains all the knowledge of the world thst the yorubas, igbo, ewe, fon, nupe, gwari etc, have gathered since the dawn of time it was created by orunmila the orisha of wisdom and knowledge and essentially ifa contains solutions to most problems it has stories of how to win wars, how to cure skin diseases, how to raise a child, how to help a women given birth, how to deal with periods, how to go through a divination. It has so much knowledge it is unbelievable. I’m not really sure where to start you have to be more specific because the ifa corpus contains religion, philosophy, biology, chemistry, anatomy, pharmacy, geography etc.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 10:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
I have some contrary opinion to your prepositions.
1) Jesus is not a Greek God, nor was he a human creation, the Jews bear testimony to his existence, likewise the Greeks, the Romans,the Arabs and all civilized institutions, so nobody can actually come out with bold excuse to deny his being.

2) Christianity is not a white man religion, it is the religion of humanity, Jesus said" go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations ", Matthew 28:19, Jesus never said of white nation, he said of all nation, irrespective of their color or race. Mind you Christianity never developed from the west,it origin was from Palestine. Black people in their quest to break free from slavery ,denied everything about their master including the religion, they find only a racial solace in African indigenous religion.

3) IFA is not perfect, Africans practices IFA with devotion but still they lack the real essence of humanity which is love,Africans practiced IFA but still they sold their brothers to slavery, they practiced IFA but still they support human sacrifices ( mind you, babalawos do not deny human sacrifice so be informed, they do it,but now that civilization has come,they couldn't come out to do it openly again) but the same whites were those who fought for the abolishment of slave trade, the American civil war was as a result of slave trade,people who fought for the abolition included a lot of white politicians and people, why were they ready to sacrifice their live to stop slave trade? Because, they knew Christianity was against it.

4) IFA support demonic possession and witch craft. Every IFA priest or babalawo reverenced and fear the witches,in fact they call the witches, eyin Iya" which means" our mothers" babalawos works hand to hand with witches,not only that,demonic possession is an obvious thing in IFA,remember shango olukoso who was possesses by jakuta the fire breathing demon,he ended his life in misery, if it were not to be a demonic possession, he would not have dies the way he died.

My greatest conviction of the flaws of IFA is that,a true religion appeals to humans without much deliberation IFA never appeal to men until they are been enticed by it secrecy,mind you bro,if you walk the path of IFA, your life would be wearied by knowledge of sorrow and mystery,I am saying this from experience, if you study IFA you will surely acquire knowledge and wisdom, but I tell you,you would wish you never know them at the first instance, Jesus is the only way

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by koyinsola17868: 7:21am On Jan 17, 2021
:I await challengers ok, convince us how IFa is the true religion
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by aremuforlife(m): 9:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:
1) Jesus is not a Greek God, nor was he a human creation, the Jews bear testimony to his existence, likewise the Greeks, the Romans,the Arabs and all civilized institutions, so nobody can actually come out with bold excuse to deny his being.

2) Christianity is not a white man religion, it is the religion of humanity, Jesus said" go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations ", Matthew 28:19, Jesus never said of white nation, he said of all nation, irrespective of their color or race. Mind you Christianity never developed from the west,it origin was from Palestine. Black people in their quest to break free from slavery ,denied everything about their master including the religion, they find only a racial solace in African indigenous religion.

3) IFA is not perfect, Africans practices IFA with devotion but still they lack the real essence of humanity which is love,Africans practiced IFA but still they sold their brothers to slavery, they practiced IFA but still they support human sacrifices ( mind you, babalawos do not deny human sacrifice so be informed, they do it,but now that civilization has come,they couldn't come out to do it openly again) but the same whites were those who fought for the abolishment of slave trade, the American civil war was as a result of slave trade,people who fought for the abolition included a lot of white politicians and people, why were they ready to sacrifice their live to stop slave trade? Because, they knew Christianity was against it.

4) IFA support demonic possession and witch craft. Every IFA priest or babalawo reverenced and fear the witches,in fact they call the witches, eyin Iya" which means" our mothers" babalawos works hand to hand with witches,not only that,demonic possession is an obvious thing in IFA,remember shango olukoso who was possesses by jakuta the fire breathing demon,he ended his life in misery, if it were not to be a demonic possession, he would not have dies the way he died.

My greatest conviction of the flaws of IFA is that,a true religion appeals to humans without much deliberation IFA never appeal to men until they are been enticed by it secrecy,mind you bro,if you walk the path of IFA, your life would be wearied by knowledge of sorrow and mystery,I am saying this from experience, if you study IFA you will surely acquire knowledge and wisdom, but I tell you,you would wish you never know them at the first instance, Jesus is the only way

All religions are not perfect, both Christians and Islamic religions have taken more live than Ifa religion. Most of the war that has been happening are caused by the two leading religions.
The recognition of "Iya mi" by ifa is to acknowledge the their existence, witches are messengers of Olodumare, Orumila has a lot of encounter with the witches.
All religions have their own secrecy, not until you get to a certain level, before the secret will be reviewed to you. The Muslim have jihadists, while the Christians also have what is called, the last templars and the crusades.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by aremuforlife(m): 9:26am On Jan 17, 2021
babasolution:

All religion are oppressive, but Ifa is more tolerant that other religions.
Our major problem is that, our ancestors only have oral history, oral history is easy to distort, for example you can't present oral evidence in the court of law[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].
The colonisers that brought the religion to us change most our history, they start by writing our history for us. We've been reading and learning the history written than by them, just like the way they told us, ESU is satan, meanwhile it's all lie, the Esu deity is different from the Lucifer in the Bible and Quran.
Maybe you need to read the link below and tell me who which of the religion is more oppressive, destructive and intolerance.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_traditional_African_religion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by aremuforlife(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:

Sir/ma, your second paragraph is wrong, Ifa is always a pro-ethics and humanity, Ifa said ori labama bo aba fi Orisa sile, that is your head is the number one Orisa to be worshipped. Ifa will never prescribe human sacrifice has an atonement. Ifa is our way of live, because it includes our culture, language, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 11:53am On Jan 17, 2021
aremuforlife:

Sir/ma, your second paragraph is wrong, Ifa is always a pro-ethics and humanity, Ifa said ori labama bo aba fi Orisa sile, that is your head is the number one Orisa to be worshipped. Ifa will never prescribe human sacrifice has an atonement. Ifa is our way of live, because it includes our culture, language, etc.
I will like you to give honest answers to the following questions
1) why does Ogun take delight in human sacrifice?
2) why do babalawos respect witches and praise them,despite knowing the evils they had committed, witches are malevolent spirits that causes pains and sorrow, so how will olodumare which you view in your context as the supreme God ordain such beings on humans.

Then I will like to correct a misinformation from you,you said Christianity contains secrets too and you made example of the Crusaders,well I think you are very wrong,the crusade is no secret, it was a religious war that was declared by the Latin church against invading Muslims who are trying to conquer Jerusalem after the Western Roman empire had been weakened by the invading Goths and Hun's. Crusade was a war of Christian survival not a war of aggression such as the Muslim jihad,or a war of expansion.

There is no secret in Christianity, you want to know anything, you go consult your Bible, anything outside the Bible that is taking as doctrine is called heresy .
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by aremuforlife(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:
I will like you to give honest answers to the following questions
1) why does Ogun take delight in human sacrifice?
2) why do babalawos respect witches and praise them,despite knowing the evils they had committed, witches are malevolent spirits that causes pains and sorrow, so how will olodumare which you view in your context as the supreme God ordain such beings on humans.

Then I will like to correct a misinformation from you,you said Christianity contains secrets too and you made example of the Crusaders,well I think you are very wrong,the crusade is no secret, it was a religious war that was declared by the Latin church against invading Muslims who are trying to conquer Jerusalem after the Western Roman empire had been weakened by the invading Goths and Hun's. Crusade was a war of Christian survival not a war of aggression such as the Muslim jihad,or a war of expansion.

There is no secret in Christianity, you want to know anything, you go consult your Bible, anything outside the Bible that is taking as doctrine is called heresy .

I stand to be corrected, the Ogun devotee don't use human for Ogun sacrifice, Ogun only accepts dog, "bi aje ba logo odun laye Ogun lo se". You will never see or hear an Ifa priest said, ifa say you need human sacrifice for your problem NO, it may come for "ONISEGU".
Babalawo are more in the spiritual realm than 95% of the Pastors and Imams, they understand the things of the spirit. A knowledgeable babalawo will always acknowledge the witches because, they can make ways or hinder his ways. There are positive and negative energies in witches, the witches are also messengers of God. Are you telling me that the witches just came into existence without the knowledge of Olodumare?

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2021
aremuforlife:

I stand to be corrected, the Ogun devotee don't use human for Ogun sacrifice, Ogun only accepts dog, "bi aje ba logo odun laye Ogun lo se". You will never see or hear an Ifa priest said, ifa say you need human sacrifice for your problem NO, it may come for "ONISEGU".
Babalawo are more in the spiritual realm than 95% of the Pastors and Imams, they understand the things of the spirit. A knowledgeable babalawo will always acknowledge the witches because, they can make ways or hinder his ways. There are positive and negative energies in witches, the witches are also messengers of God. Are you telling me that the witches just came into existence without the knowledge of Olodumare?
you are the first person that I would see to deny that Ogun doesn't take human sacrifice, there is a common saying in Yoruba land that" won be Ori re fun Ogun"( his head was chopped for Ogun), I do you explain that.

you said babalawos are more spiritual than pastors, so can you explain, in what way?
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by aremuforlife(m): 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:
you are the first person that I would see to deny that Ogun doesn't take human sacrifice, there is a common saying in Yoruba land that" won be Ori re fun Ogun"( his head was chopped for Ogun), I do you explain that.

you said babalawos are more spiritual than pastors, so can you explain, in what way?

Iyi loba fori bibe se, kosi oba ton muje. It's a common saying yoruba land, just to scare their subordinates.
That was the first step the colonisers did, they knew Africans are more spiritual than them, theh demonized our ancestors,l. An average African man are more spiritual. The pastors or imams are theologians, jisg like a teacher in a classroom, most of the alfas are language teachers.

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 1:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
aremuforlife:

Iyi loba fori bibe se, kosi oba ton muje. It's a common saying yoruba land, just to scare their subordinates.
That was the first step the colonisers did, they knew Africans are more spiritual than them, theh demonized our ancestors,l. An average African man are more spiritual. The pastors or imams are theologians, jisg like a teacher in a classroom, most of the alfas are language teachers.
The saying you wrote is meant for kings not Ogun,I grew up among elder and I know a lot of things about Yoruba spirituality, Ogun is a demon that his excited by blood, especially human blood, in my town, I have heard a lot of stories of how people were been sacrificed to Ogun, now I am hearing this from The mouth of an afrelist.

Christianity is not a religion of colonialism, remember Christianity started in Palestine as a family, where anybody who accept Christ is view as a brother OE sister, British and colonial masters are not Christians, they only professed Christian politically, they are not Christian in the real sense,because Christianity means being like Jesus himself.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Olu317(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2021
Abohboy:
This is also open to the igbos, ewe, fon and nupe becuase they all used the same divination system as the Yoruba just under different names

I call for any single Nigerian, Ghanaian, Togolese, beninoise person to debate me on Christianity or Islam being the true religion over ifa, afa, efa. I assure you I will win the facts I provide will override any point you can possibly make.
Not the same divination system with Yorubas. Study harder.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
Olu317:
Not the same divination system with Yorubas. Study harder.
you are right, in fact the method of divining and the means of reading the divination is very contrasting, only a linguistic similarities, I presume.
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
with the exception of the ewes and the fons
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by aremuforlife(m): 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:
The saying you wrote is meant for kings not Ogun,I grew up among elder and I know a lot of things about Yoruba spirituality, Ogun is a demon that his excited by blood, especially human blood, in my town, I have heard a lot of stories of how people were been sacrificed to Ogun, now I am hearing this from The mouth of an afrelist.

Christianity is not a religion of colonialism, remember Christianity started in Palestine as a family, where anybody who accept Christ is view as a brother OE sister, British and colonial masters are not Christians, they only professed Christian politically, they are not Christian in the real sense,because Christianity means being like Jesus himself.

Point of correction, Ogun is not demon, there is nothing demonic about Ogun, Ogun is a deity like Sango, Esu, Obatala, Osun, Oya, Olokun etc, these are our ancestors and not demon, maybe your ancestors "forefathers" are demon but mine are not. Is either you believe it not, our colonisers brought christianity and Islam to us, they are strange religions to Africa, although our love for the newly formed religions has made most of us to believe our forefathers are evil.

3 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
aremuforlife:

Point of correction, Ogun is not demon, there is nothing demonic about Ogun, Ogun is a deity like Sango, Esu, Obatala, Osun, Oya, Olokun etc, these are our ancestors and not demon, maybe your ancestors "forefathers" are demon but mine are not. Is either you believe it not, our colonisers brought christianity and Islam to us, they are strange religions to Africa, although our love for the newly formed religions has made most of us to believe our forefathers are evil.
what sort of man would always thirst for blood and war. Sorry to say,if you have been one of the victim of those who are sacrificed to Ogun, would you still talk this way?Ogun is not my ancestor and he shall never be,I am proudly an African specifically a Yoruba, a real Yoruba, I am proud of Yoruba culture and their wisdom, but I am not swayed by the religious practice, because I submit all beliefs under the light of humanity and ethics, but I found afrel wanting
Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by aremuforlife(m): 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:
what sort of man would always thirst for blood and war. Sorry to say,if you have been one of the victim of those who are sacrificed to Ogun, would you still talk this way?Ogun is not my ancestor and he shall never be,I am proudly an African specifically a Yoruba, a real Yoruba, I am proud of Yoruba culture and their wisdom, but I am not swayed by the religious practice, because I submit all beliefs under the light of humanity and ethics, but I found afrel wanting
You just profess to the fact that both Christians and Islamic religions are also blood sucker, do you know how many people have been during the cause of crusaders and jihadists, even in the present time, their are lots of persecution going on. It is only in African both the Christian and Muslim will go to traditional worshiping temples and destroy it in the name of religion and meanwhile a traditional will never do that. A proud Yoruba culture man will never stand to bastardized his tradition and culture. Culture and tradition are interwoven, they can't be separated. That is why some of our culture has also be be demonized except if you an hypocrite, our herbs has been demonized, we believed those using herbs are unbelievers, we believed masquerades festival and new yam festivals are evil festive but we joined them to celebrate Halloween and father Christmas, we are always the first their carnival, we failed to see anything evil in whatever they are doing ,). ."Inferiority complex"

4 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:

1) if Jesus was actually real and so popular as a messiah and even after his resurrection how come they didn’t build great statues for him, if they referred him so then they would have built statues in his image or at least monuments as they did for other significant figures but they didn’t showing that it is very unlikely that he was real they built statues for their deities both the Romans and Greeks as well as the Egyptians so why is it that now they were unable to do that for Jesus doesn’t make sense now does it.

2) black people didn’t find solace in their African religions becuase if you go anywhere in the world including here you still find that black people are Christians and Muslims and as you think here African religions are demonic based so in essence that point you’ve made is wrong, and also Christianity is a white man religion look at the depictions of Jesus of Mary it was made that way so we would think they were all white people and we would think all whites are gods, look at the crusades it was the whites who led it not blacks or Arabs, blacks were barely ever in the Bible other than the Ethiopians.

3) I don’t know what you mean by ifa doesn’t involve love, osun is loves all humans our ancestors love us, our mina loves us, olorun loves us he guides us, esu loves us he guides you along the destiny or path that is best for you, god has no destiny set for you, god has no waht ot ell you what to do but ifa does, ifa has a stronger link with the people then Christianity and Islam do, ifa is all about love. Also slavery was rife during Christianity so it isn’t a point and it’s not like every single person who practiced ifa supported slavery, the whites created it in the first place for their moral benefit the only reason why slavery ended was because they created machines which were more efficient it had nothing to do with goodwill, if they actually cared they wouldn’t have allowed it to go on for over 400 years so don’t bring me thst Christianity bs. In fact St. Paul or Saul was once in jail with another man and that man was a slave and he told the slave to go back and serve his master no matter what, thst definitely shows love now doesn’t it.

4) for one there are no demons in ifa and also there is no whatever you said they have iyaami aje which is what people later called witches they don’t call them our mothers but they know to never disrespect them, ifa is a religion of duality there is good and bad, left and right, up and down the iyaami aje are on both sides with the Orishas and with the ajoguns. You don’t get on their bad side most babalawos avoid them unless it is seriously needed. I don’t know where you keep on getting this human sacrifice nonsense because all of the sources are from British missionaries who I don’t trust because they’ve published a lot of fake news just to rubbish African religions, I have spoken to babalawos including ones in their 90s and they akk say human sacrifice is and never was practiced becuase it is taboo to use another humans blood in ifa. So no your wrong again.

5). Jesus is not the only way and ifa doesn’t call you so stop with all these fallacies I debunked all your points what next.

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Ideadoctor(m): 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
aremuforlife:

You just profess to the fact that both Christians and Islamic religions are also blood sucker, do you know how many people have been during the cause of crusaders and jihadists, even in the present time, their are lots of persecution going on. It is only in African both the Christian and Muslim will go to traditional worshiping temples and destroy it in the name of religion and meanwhile a traditional will never do that. A proud Yoruba culture man will never stand to bastardized his tradition and culture. Culture and tradition are interwoven, they can't be separated. That is why some of our culture has also be be demonized except if you an hypocrite, our herbs has been demonized, we believed those using herbs are unbelievers, we believed masquerades festival and new yam festivals are evil festive but we joined them to celebrate Halloween and father Christmas, we are always the first their carnival, we failed to see anything evil in whatever they are doing ,). ."Inferiority complex"
crusaders waged war outside the ordinance of Jesus Christ, that is,they did something that they were not commanded to do,there actions were not acceptable before Jesus Christ, this is a different case from the Islamic jihad which was commanded by Muhammad, or the African ritual killing of slaves which was supported by all African society.

Real Christians do not celebrate Halloween, in fact, Halloween is not a Christian thing, concerning herbs and roots, herbs and root are scriptural,only out of ignorance do Christians avoid this natural blessing, I took herbs in as much as it does not involve incantations or invocation, there is no sin in it.

Masquerading is connected with the spirit of the dead,we are warned not to tamper no mingle with the spirit of the dead.

Christmas is nothing but the celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ,any other meaning you give to Christmas is from your own point of view

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:

There is no n sacrifice that was simply a propaganda created by the British there is no evidence whatsoever to support human sacrifice other than racist derogatory British cartoons, also don’t act as if Christians have never committed wars 8n the name of god, what about when god struck down 500 000 Israelites for no reason other than to prove his dominance. Remember ogun and all these deities are just normal people with very good skills, Christianity and Islam are both religions of oppression, racism and murder. Neither of them are equal to women, neither of them show equality, neither of them are peaceful, neither of them are for black people you need to get this in your skull

1 Like

Re: Ifa Is The True Religion And Practice Of The Yoruba by Abohboy: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ideadoctor:
crusaders waged war outside the ordinance of Jesus Christ, that is,they did something that they were not commanded to do,there actions were not acceptable before Jesus Christ, this is a different case from the Islamic jihad which was commanded by Muhammad, or the African ritual killing of slaves which was supported by all African society.

Real Christians do not celebrate Halloween, in fact, Halloween is not a Christian thing, concerning herbs and roots, herbs and root are scriptural,only out of ignorance do Christians avoid this natural blessing, I took herbs in as much as it does not involve incantations or invocation, there is no sin in it.

Masquerading is connected with the spirit of the dead,we are warned not to tamper no mingle with the spirit of the dead.

Christmas is nothing but the celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ,any other meaning you give to Christmas is from your own point of view

Crusades is not the only example of violence in the history of Christianity remeber when god struck down 500 000 Israelite soldiers just to prove his dominance and power a true god would never do that,

2. If you don’t tamper with dead people why do you pray to saints and to Jesus they are all dead people who you generate so stop with this dead people nonsense

3. Christmas is actually a pagan holiday if you cared to research Christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Christ, Jesus was actually born in September or February if he were a real person, but the fact of the matter is that Christmas isn’t a Christian holiday it was created by the pagans, and Santa doesn’t represent st Nicholas Santa was created by Coca Cola as a form of branding in the 1920s

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak Messages,sms And Greetings 2015 / Will You Marry Your Tribal Person Or Another Tribe? / Ibo Granmoun : The Roots Of Haitian Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.