Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies (31517 Views)

Man Accuses Abuja Hospital Of Harvesting His 17-Year-Old Brother's Kidney (Vide) / Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation / Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by drinoayo: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
Couple Accuse Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies (Photos, Video)

A Nigerian man, Imbul Dooyum Kelvin, and his wife, Mimidoo Rufina, have cried out over alleged negligence at Gbaja Randle Mother and Child hospital in Surulere, Lagos, which led to the death of their two-month-old twin-daughter, Zoe, Igbere TV reports.

Imbul disclosed the unfortunate incident occurred on Friday, January 15, 2020, two days after they arrived the hospital.

According to him, “We woke-up on Wednesday morning and my wife said our baby wasn’t eating well again so we took her to the hospital, the doctor examined her and said she was ok but let us run a blood test to confirm if there was an infection.

Shortly after they took blood from her, my daughter cried for two-hours nonstop. We called the attention of the doctor and they rushed her to the ER and placed her on oxygen.

She was responding very well not until on Friday, the doctor came in and asked my wife to breastfeed her because she was stable for breastfeeding, after breastfeeding her, my baby started crying and my wife ran to the nurses to please come check our daughter but instead they sent her away, telling her she disturb too much.

My wife begged them with tears that please she’s not understanding her daughter but they neglected her, it was after the baby gave up that my wife started crying that they came to check her but by this time she was far gone already.”

Mourning the baby, Imbul wrote;
“Oh my Zoe we had plans together, never knew this was our last picture oh no just look at my two month heathy looking baby, my bundle of joy.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKJP-zGr7IF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwIPkW-PWfE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by matrix199(m): 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2021
I must admit that our nurses are one of the major problems devilling Nigerian healthcare system.

Many of them are stark illiterates, peasants in nursing gown.

My heartfelt condolence to the family.

215 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by majamajic(m): 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chai

They should take heart , God knows everything

Ever since I lost 2 people very close to me cos of negligence in our hospital system

17 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by OVB123: 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
The doctor and Nurses on duty should be arrested for negligence.
This country needs a total overhauling.

64 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by habsydiamond(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
Some of those nurses are just useless.... Human lives no get weight for their sight. Unlike the white, the value every living plus animals. But here the doctors and nurses don't care about anything.... Thats why I prefer advanced countries to naija when it comes to handling of health issues... They are always professional in advance nations unlike here everything is money first, even for emergency cases... Na talk talk those nurses on duty go dey talk like say dem no use hot cloth touch dem mouth for baby

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Winneygirl(f): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Please sue the hospital.
Let us learn to take things up legally.
When hospitals start to pay for their mistakes, medical licenses get revoked due to malpractice or inappropriateness, hospitals will sit up, medical personnel will sit up.
Lives lost cannot be regained, but more lives can be saved by removing bad eggs making the hospitals pay for damages done.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by sisisioge: 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Dearest Lord be merciful! Chai!

Awon Edunjobi Ejire cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by GIANTPLUSHUB: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ohhh No! This just ruined my day. Quite sad!
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by nosiebaba(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
Our health care system for this nigeria na wa. Normally there are some equipments meant to monitor a patients vitals. Even without the mother raising an alarm those equipments will send an alarm to the main speakers or control room. In this case the bay was crying and the mother called on them. How about when the baby is dying silently and the other doesn't even know. God continue to bless us and our family with good health cos most Nigerian hospitals are not good to visit believe me

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by tooth4tooth: 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Most of the nurses in our general hospitals lack professional ethicsundecided Their negligence and the manner they yell at patients is second to none. The victims of their constant bully understand better. They act as if they are doing the job for free.

Our general hospitals need total overhauling. Most of those canker worms called nurses should be fired.

28 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by morakinyo60256: 8:47pm On Jan 17, 2021
I must admit that our nurses are one of the major problems devilling Nigerian healthcare system. Many of them are stark illiterates, peasants in nursing gown.My heartfelt condolence to the family.

10 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by iWasNotHere(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nurses and doctors that nonchalantly kill patients won’t know peace

15 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
Why
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by pyyxxaro: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
Most Nigerian Nurse are very wicked and ugly

Especially those in government hospitals

Sue them undecided

7 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Focusmind: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nigerian Nurses!! Different breeds of nurses.
God bless the nurses at Memorial Herman Hospital, Houston

4 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Bluffly: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
habsydiamond:
Some of those nurses are just useless.... They don't care about anything.... Thats why I prefer advanced countries to naija when it comes to handling of health issues... They are always professional outside in advance nations unlike here... Na talk talk like say dem no use hot cloth touch dem mouth for baby
Simply because there is regulation. Let's cry to our regulatory bodies to do their jobs instead of focusing on their stomachs

2 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chai this is painful
God will console u and your wife

2 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Nightalan: 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
Topejoel:
Not everytime is doctors failt
Your own fault is that you can't read.

8 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Romanoff(f): 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2021
May God epp us.

I was recently in a hospital after I was registered with a HMO. I swear, I no believe say na naija hospital I dey. The nurses were so cordial, respectful, attended to me well and were even giving me tips on what I came for.

I got home and was gisting hubby of how nice the nurses were and he said "with how much they are paid and the calibre of patients they attend to, you think they will dare act like unruly general hospital nurses".

I'm not making excuses for the wicked nurses we have but that single experience had led me to believe these nurses can be respectful if they have a lot to lose.

16 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by BOSSkesh(m): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2021
[i][/i]At least if they collect lawsuit and pay for damages
Sense go enter their head
Nurses and negligence sef
Behaving like deputy Ben Carson

2 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
The staff needs to be held accountable.
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by adonnii(f): 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
this is why people always run to western countries for medicals, black man cant manage good facilities
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by LadySarah: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2021
What a nurse did to me at a shell funded cottage hospital I will never forget. not as if they are not being paid welloo or that it's free,you will pay. Even tears don't move them again
we had to change hospital that midnight after over 4 hrs without being attended to to a private one immediately,the paed saw my baby she screamed and told them it was an emergency case. What I saw that night, I would have lost my baby.

This country tueeh! I made sure to expose the ass of the stupid woman and they called us for reconciliation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2021
Aww.. see lovely twins... cry

3 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by therajah: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Winneygirl:
Please sue the hospital.
Let us learn to take things up legally.
When hospitals start to pay for their mistakes, medical licenses get revoked due to malpractice or inappropriateness, hospitals will sit up, medical personnel will sit up.
Lives lost cannot be regained, but more lives can be saved by removing bad eggs making the hospitals pay for damages done.
Exactly!!! They bury their mistakes. Our healthcare will get better when the system makes their mistakes bury them!

2 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by shiwex: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Healthcare In Nigeria is terrible...seriously underfunded. Same way I lost my dad at Babcock Hospital. I will never recommend to my enemy to go there. Terrible hospital, terrible service. All inexperience set of doctors and nurses...May God help us in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by specialmati(m): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed the good lord console the family. may God give us the kind of doctors and nurses that care and fear God in our country. what a lost

1 Like

Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by ipobarethieves: 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
sad
Re: Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies by ukaface(f): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
Another thread to bash nurses

I'm sha minding my business

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

55-year-old Father Of Six Commits Suicide In Ibadan Over Economic Hardship / Nigerian Local Names Of Some Plants. / Swollen and Smelling Corpse Along University Of Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.