Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City (24740 Views)

Transfer: Victor Osimhen Set For A Shock Move To Manchester United / Ahmed Musa In Shock Move To Kano Pillars After Failing To Find Foreign Club / Anthony Joshua Gets £20m For Shock Defeat, Andy Ruiz £5m For Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by seunny4lif(m): 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lukaku has over 30 goals last season
He is already on track this season
osazsky:
Guardiola cant stoop so low..he should go bk to man u...we dont pay free salaries like our neigbours..he should go for the dortmond guy..very clinical and would easily fit in...our strikers relates with midfielder and defenders.people like him..coaster that play direct will do well in Chelsea. Atletico..or man u definately not city spit

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by lexy2014: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
osazsky:
Guardiola cant stoop so low..he should go bk to man u...we dont pay free salaries like our neigbours..he should go for the dortmond guy..very clinical and would easily fit in...our strikers relates with midfielder and defenders.people like him..coaster that play direct will do well in Chelsea. Atletico..or man u definately not city spit

How is guardiola stooping low?

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by bluefilm: 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
This looks like another fake news from CNN...
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Adakintroy: 6:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
Those are just speculations.

That's not guardiola type of striker.

He is forcefull no doubt but his intelligence overall is not at par with a guardiola am afraid.

The only way I see him going that direction is due to reason the world is generally short if strikers.

But he is not prolific enough and I have not seen much improvement in his play since his man u. Days. No disrespect to the serial A., It's more or less old people league or Europe elites rejection camp.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Liposure: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lamasta:
He is always welcome to City anytime anyday...
They should use the money n bring haaland. I dont want him
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by optimusprime2(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2021
Angelfrost:
Won't be a bad fit...

If he gets his first touch fully sorted out, he will be winning golden boot yearly with Debruyne in that midfield.

You know very well Lukaku is not a player with that "world class first touch" ... He is a very good striker but that hold up play, and creative forward tag is not his thing, let them not expect him to replace Sergio Aguero overnight
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Angelfrost(m): 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2021
optimusprime2:

You know very well Lukaku is not a player with that "world class first touch" ... He is a very good striker but that hold up play, and creative forward tag is not his thing, let them not expect him to replace Sergio Aguero overnight

This is quite true...

However, a good coach just needs to find a way around his weakness and major on his strengths (finishing).

Lukaku is quite handy for aerial duels and crosses (set pieces and open play).

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Angelfrost(m): 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
Adakintroy:
Those are just speculations.

That's not guardiola type of striker.

He is forcefull no doubt but his intelligence overall is not at par with a guardiola am afraid.

The only way I see him going that direction is due to reason the world is generally short if strikers.

But he is not prolific enough and I have not seen much improvement in his play since his man u. Days. No disrespect to the serial A., It's more or less old people league or Europe elites rejection camp.

True... City is better off with Haaland, Depay, or Danny Ings.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Liposure: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
optimusprime2:

imobile or haaland is ok by me

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Susu888(m): 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2021
If he knows wht's best for him he should avoid premier league for now!
They don't appreciate strikers and are quick to heap insults nd shades for any slight lack of performance.

If only pogba will also commot man U.
These teams destroy players!!

Look at Sanchez now vs in the premier league
Pogba before in Serie A vs now in the premier league
Lukaku now vs when he was in the premier league
Look at Ozil in laliga vs now in arsenal.

Many more screwed over players.
There is a certain type of play each league has nd not evry player can easily adopt to the change.

E.g hazard in Chelsea (PL) vs in real madrid(Laliga)
Luka jovic in Bundesliga vs now in laliga
E. T. C
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by DEXTROVERT: 6:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
Pep
Dont
Blacks

I
Can
Bet
It
With
Anything
He
Can never
Buy
Lukaku

See
Mendy
The
Only
Full
Black

He
Is
Going
To
Sell
That
Guy
Last..

See
Toure
Etoo
Abidal
Esp African black
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Draslo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2021
chimhigher:
If i was Lukaku's manager, i will advise him against this move. He is doing great at Inter and he's fast becoming a "We can't do without" striker there. Coming to Man city will surely affect his performance.
Or maybe not.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Lamasta(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Liposure:
They should use the money n bring haaland. I dont want him
What if Haaland is not ready to come or his club refuse to release him will you force him
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by sylve11: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2021
lexy2014:

How is guardiola stooping low?

Abeg forget that guy........... embarassed cool
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
Akasammyoka:
Lukaku!! Yakubu Aiyegbeni of our time. This guy nearly give me hypertension during his Chelsea days
grin
He is also absent during Inter’s big games
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by dinocy(m): 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
Good player when Manchester United nor gree use.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by tplayer: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2021
Dreambeat:
Lukaku can’t fit into Pep’s playing style. He can’t trap ball and make good passes

You definitely have seen him play on a regular basis in the last one year.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by tplayer: 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
optimusprime2:

He's the guy that holds up inter's forward play now.

1 Like

Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by viqSmallz(m): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2021
Farmers league
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by olisaEze(m): 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
I always knew there was a reason why I didn’t like dis guy. No real Manchester Utd player will ever want to go to City for all the money in the world. David Beckham do talk am since.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by raphy(m): 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
The girl is missing his gf in England incase you are wondering why he want to be back .

English girls kitten always give him motivation for scoring I remember his time at Everton.

The beast .
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by adesanmi21418: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
PepDontLikeBlacksI CanBetItWithAnythingHeCan never BuyLukakuSeeMendyTheOnlyFullBlackHe IsGoingToSellThatGuyLast..SeeToureEtooAbidalEsp African black
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by optimusprime2(m): 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
tplayer:

He's the guy that holds up inter's forward play now.

Yeah because he is strong, he wins aerial duels easily, contrary to his size, he is very fast so he is really good at open play, and lastly he is a good finisher... He fits inters style of play Currently.

However Lukaku is not a target man, he simply lacks that first touch to be a classic target man and that's where strikers like even Olivier Giroud or Morata are better than Lukaku, they are classic target forwards with very good first touch and capable of holding play and creating linkup(why do you think coaches love playing Giroud despite the fact he is slower than a slug?... because his first touch is 100%)

If Man City wants to bring Lukaku to be a target forward holdup play and linkup with Sterling ... they will be surely disappointed
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by greypencils: 9:52pm On Jan 17, 2021
Can Man United please get Erling Haaland before any other english team does so plssssss. That guy is the future.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by IgboWarlord(m): 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
Let him come and haunt VARunited...
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by tplayer: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
optimusprime2:

Yeah because he is strong, he wins aerial duels easily, contrary to his size, he is very fast so he is really good at open play, and lastly he is a good finisher... He fits inters style of play Currently.

However Lukaku is not a target man, he simply lacks that first touch to be a classic target man and that's where strikers like even Olivier Giroud or Morata are better than Lukaku, they are classic target forwards with very good first touch and capable of holding play and creating linkup(why do you think coaches love playing Giroud despite the fact he is slower than a slug?... because his first touch is 100%)

If Man City wants to bring Lukaku to be a target forward holdup play and linkup with Sterling ... they will be surely disappointed

He's first touch has improved significantly in d last one year.

Giroud, a "classic target forward?"

All a guy needs to do to be considered a classic target man is to be an excellent holding man? Right? If no is your answer, then Giroud is not the ideal no 9.

Giroud is a good link up man, but lukaku is a better striker to me. I watch inter games wella.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by ofiko123(m): 3:14am On Jan 18, 2021
Nice one...
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Seun360(m): 7:03am On Jan 18, 2021
optimusprime2:

Lukaku hold up play in question? I guess you haven't watch his games lately.

His first touch and hold up play has greatly improved.
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by tplayer: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2021
Seun360:

Lukaku hold up play in question? I guess you haven't watch his games lately.
His first touch and hold up play has greatly improved.
He obviously hasn't
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by Zoroaster: 11:35am On Jan 18, 2021
DEXTROVERT:
Pep
Dont
Blacks

I
Can
Bet
It
With
Anything
He
Can never
Buy
Lukaku

See
Mendy
The
Only
Full
Black

He
Is
Going
To
Sell
That
Guy
Last..

See
Toure
Etoo
Abidal
Esp African black
Fernandinho and sterling must be chinese then
Re: Lukaku Set For Shock Move To Manchester City by tplayer: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
Zoroaster:
Fernandinho and sterling must be chinese then

Yes, one is Sterling Li and the other is Fernandinho Zhang

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FC Ifeanyi Ubah Wins FA Cup 2016 / VP Osinbajo Unveils Team Nigeria's 2021 Olympic Kit / Messi Fuels PSG Speculation With FIFA The Best Pick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.