Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career (59254 Views)

Osimhen Sent Off As Napoli Lose To Roma / Ten Crazy Purchases Messi Could Make With His Barcelona Wages / Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by ekesoft(m): 12:15am On Jan 18, 2021
But the guy tackling Messi , was aggressive even after Messi passed the ball . To me I feel messi’s pain
Please do well to check my bio
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by MayorNL: 12:16am On Jan 18, 2021
Is well
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Akuruoulo(m): 12:16am On Jan 18, 2021
BARKA DOGS WON'T LIKE THIS ONE
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:19am On Jan 18, 2021
This just the worst time to be called a Barcelona fan....we shall bounce back

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by obonujoker(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:

they had good run of form, was jus expecting d idiots to defend for jus few mins make I collect small 19k tomorrow bt dm fckup, wetin pain me pass na dt inter to win and Liverpool to draw wey don already deliver...barca are useless abegi, this is not d barca i knew

So you play Juventus to lose and Barca to win... Lol... God catch you grin

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 18, 2021
Good for Messi
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Akuruoulo(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
this barca self eeh, all they need to do is defend against Bilbao for just few mins and start the year with a cup,
they can't win PSG with this level of unseriousness na, am happy the barca election is near, maybe koeman losing this cup Is a blessing in disguise because this isnt the barca i knew and we need changes and singings abeg..
I hear u say new signings ? Who dash barca money ? BARCA WEY WAN GO BANKRUPT
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:20am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
this barca self eeh, all they need to do is defend against Bilbao for just few mins and start the year with a cup,
they can't win PSG with this level of unseriousness na, am happy the barca election is near, maybe koeman losing this cup Is a blessing in disguise because this isnt the barca i knew and we need changes and singings abeg..
I think the election has been postponed
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Akuruoulo(m): 12:22am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:
Barca has a big problem - they have a defence that simply cannot withstand sustained pressure from any decent opposition. This is what is frustrating Messi. How can you not hold on to a lead with only a few minutes to the end of the match against a decent opponent (fine, they beat madrid a few days ago but that should have been a warning to Barca). If Koeman doesn't address this issue drastically, the annual scandalous UCL defeat will be yet another certainty come February or March.

I guess there's always a first time for everything. For Messi, it's his first red card for Barca. It's sad cos he was very active in this game in his playmaking role. Congrats to Bilbao.
No goal, no asisst

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by JoeEeL(m): 12:23am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:
Barca has a big problem - they have a defence that simply cannot withstand sustained pressure from any decent opposition. This is what is frustrating Messi. How can you not hold on to a lead with only a few minutes to the end of the match against a decent opponent (fine, they beat madrid a few days ago but that should have been a warning to Barca). If Koeman doesn't address this issue drastically, the annual scandalous UCL defeat will be yet another certainty come February or March.

I guess there's always a first time for everything. For Messi, it's his first red card for Barca. It's sad cos he was very active in this game in his playmaking role. Congrats to Bilbao.

They have defenders like Lenglet, Pique and Araujo.

Are those ones players?

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Grizzly20: 12:24am On Jan 18, 2021
The Athletic Club guys reacted very well to the game, they have define Barcelona in a manner which is beyond doubt. Barcelona have lost the one title which could have prevented a trophyless season.

9 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by fergie001: 12:24am On Jan 18, 2021
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by paulolee(m): 12:25am On Jan 18, 2021
Slynation:
I think the election has been postponed
na a...it was brought forward..it's next Sunday....January 24th
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Akuruoulo(m): 12:26am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:

some days are like dt, dey do win my heart as a fan and a punter too, jus dt barca dis days aint convincing like before..
oga the back i knw , and my dear MAN U hardly win when every they are places as the last match.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 12:26am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

Playmaking role grin grin... as assist no de work again, they hv shifted to playmaking... shots on target loading... is he the first player that will loose in the dying minutes...tot u guys said he is humble and calm and can't hurt a fly ...
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:27am On Jan 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

Messi performed below average in this game, this was one of his worst game so far, and please oO, if you are expecting this Barcelona team to defeat PSG, I will advise you to wake up from your slumber, Our defence can't hold common Inaki Williams, Now!! close your eyes and imagine Neymer, Mbappe, Di Maria and M.Icardi against this shitty defence....

8 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 12:28am On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:
Lionel Messi woke up feeling dangerous against Athletic Bilbao

-0 goals
-0 assists
-17 times dispossessed
-0 shots on target
-1/5 dribbles completed
-1 Red card

Better than Ronaldo’s son??

But he was excellent in his playmaking role according to his fans...thats the new one now

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Akuruoulo(m): 12:29am On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:
Im true colour don de show...I hate pretenders
Becareful
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by obonujoker(m): 12:29am On Jan 18, 2021
0 goals
0 assists
10,000 dribbles
50000 pre assists
25000 shots

1 straight red card to escape embarrassment, Eibar Lord at how best cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:29am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:

na a...it was brought forward..it's next Sunday....January 24th
Oh really.....Then I guess Victor Fonte has a lot to do of elected
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Akuruoulo(m): 12:32am On Jan 18, 2021
JoeEeL:

Are those ones players?
Dnt they have messi and griezmann in the attack ? Ookay , i 4got BILBAOS ATTACKERS ARE SUPERIOR TO THEM PESSI AND GRIEZMANN

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:32am On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

But he was excellent in his playmaking role according to his fans...thats the new one now
My friend go and watch telemundo.... Lionel Messi has achieved everything in football, even if he starts scoring own goals from now on and getting red cards/keeping unwanted records, he's still the greatest player ever

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Gaggii: 12:32am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
this barca self eeh, all they needed was to defend for just few mins against dt 90mins goal but they choosed to bottle it as usual..
the barca i watched can't win PSG with this level of unseriousness, no matter how pained am just happy that the next barca election is near, maybe a new president coming in would dump this boring koeman after this painful defeat and get a new coach and plan some key signings because this isnt the barca i knew as a fan..
the idiots jus spoil my weekend, some days are like dt sha...champions would always bounce back stronger

If barca loose na coach, if they win na messi.

Na every time una dey change coach like pata

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Reussite: 12:33am On Jan 18, 2021
paulolee:
this barca self eeh, all they needed was to defend for just few mins against dt 90mins goal but they choosed to bottle it as usual..
the barca i watched can't win PSG with this level of unseriousness, no matter how pained am just happy that the next barca election is near, maybe a new president coming in would dump this boring koeman after this painful defeat and get a new coach and plan some key signings because this isnt the barca i knew as a fan..
the idiots jus spoil my weekend, some days are like dt sha...champions would always bounce back stronger
Hahahahaha from 2-1 to 2-3 in 6mins��
It's the red card to Messi for me. That made my night & of course losing a trophy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by femo86(m): 12:33am On Jan 18, 2021
Why can't Messi score that penalty he missed grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Beverlyjean(f): 12:36am On Jan 18, 2021
Slynation:
My friend go and watch telemundo.... Lionel Messi has achieved everything in football, even if he starts scoring own goals from now on and getting red cards/keeping unwanted records, he's still the greatest player ever

Greatest ever grin grin grin grin....someone that hasnt seen a CL final in over half a decade , he has never won an international cup... he has never scored a former world cup winning nation in a world Cup.... unfortunately...eibar don't play world cups grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by ThierryJay: 12:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Playmaking role grin grin... as assist no de work again, they hv shifted to playmaking... shots on target loading... is he the first player that will loose in the dying minutes...tot u guys said he is humble and calm and can't hurt a fly ...

What exactly are you yapping about? Don't you have a totally anonymous and ineffectual Ronaldo today to worry about? but no, you still dey chook mouth into Messi matter cho cho cho when you get CR7 bamboo for your eye. Oh I forgot, na all eyes on Messi on top say na im be the GOAT.

Begone madame. I dont have your time tonight.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by paulolee(m): 12:41am On Jan 18, 2021
Gaggii:

If barca loose na coach, if they win na messi.

Na every time una dey change coach like pata
DTS normal, not just d coach is at fault but all players from defense to attack...dey all flopped BT na coach go still chop sack
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by paulolee(m): 12:43am On Jan 18, 2021
obembet:
Lionel Messi woke up feeling dangerous against Athletic Bilbao

-0 goals
-0 assists
-17 times dispossessed
-0 shots on target
-1/5 dribbles completed
-1 Red card

Better than Ronaldo’s son??
lolz see this clown....ur cr7 chop am for inter hand too o...de jonze urself

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by ThierryJay: 12:44am On Jan 18, 2021
JoeEeL:

Are those ones players?

I call them calamities in the waiting. Araujo looks promising though, but he needs to be in a better more-defensive minded set-up.
Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by Slynation(m): 12:45am On Jan 18, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Greatest ever grin grin grin grin....someone that hasnt seen a CL final in over half a decade , he has never won an international cup... he has never scored a former world cup winning nation in a world Cup.... unfortunately...eibar don't play world cups grin grin grin
Atleast... he's the golden boy in 2014 world cup runner up, Won Olympic with Argentina grin ( The same Olympic we the Nigerians are boasting about with Kanu Nwakwo) grin grin won under 20 world cup with Argentina.....so hate him or like him, he has seen them all.....grin

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career by ThierryJay: 12:50am On Jan 18, 2021
Slynation:

Messi performed below average in this game, this was one of his worst game so far, and please oO, if you are expecting this Barcelona team to defeat PSG, I will advise you to wake up from your slumber, Our defence can't hold common Inaki Williams, Now!! close your eyes and imagine Neymer, Mbappe, Di Maria and M.Icardi against this shitty defence....

At least make dem lose with dignity, not to be reaching new milestones on top defeats.

Messi was not fully fit for this match as he just came back from an injury. He still tried nonetheless. It was his rebounded shot after a good one-two with Alba that Greizmann scored for the first goal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Super Eagles Travel To Benin By Boat For AFCON Qualifier (Photos, Video) / Lady Slams Mbappe For Not Replying Her DM, Says “I Am Not Your Mate” / Sergio Aguero Retires From Football Due To Heart Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.