Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Puerto Rico - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Puerto Rico (9292 Views)

Pliz. House . Which Country Is Canovanas, Puerto Rico (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Puerto Rico by sadboy: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2011
has any one consider this country. i had a night dream and someone said to me go to Puerto Rico is a nice country with job opportunity or you can also consider belgium. then i saw Puerto Rico in the dream. anybody with experience with this two country? advice needed. maybe is just a mile dream.

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Puerto Rico by 25omega(m): 1:59am On Apr 02, 2011
im going to puerto rico in may God willing on vacation. Puerto rico is a colony of the united states meaning the citizens are american citizens. if you were to travel there i think you will still need a u.s visa.
The primary language there is spanish they have lots i mean lots of good looking women in that country or state. the main food is rice and beans with roast pork they drink a lot of corona beer and they salsa dance. in the summers in ny they are usually loud and obnoxius with their music and inconsiderate attitudes. their culture is rich and they are very proud of it. a few years back they took a vote in the country to seperate from the u.s but most people wanted to stay as a colony of the u.s.
people from the islands around puerto rico risk thei lives to ride a boat there because they think they can get to teh u.s from there

3 Likes

Re: Puerto Rico by sadboy: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
really u.s visa? where are you now?
Re: Puerto Rico by 25omega(m): 3:28pm On Apr 03, 2011
sadboy:

really u.s visa? where are you now?
look here for all the answers you need
http://www.learn4good.com/travel/puerto_rico_visa.htm#req

i live in the u.s
Re: Puerto Rico by suxes2005(m): 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2011
OP, I guess you must do enough search b4 going there
Pple get turned back on their way to PR. I have seen countless
number of people which that has happened to!

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Puerto Rico by dirtygamer(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2011
What do you mean? I'm planning of going to Puerto Rico to study, Do they have embassy in Nigeria, if not how can I go about it?
Re: Puerto Rico by SapeleDon: 4:43am On Nov 15, 2011
@dirtygamer Puerto Rico is a US Territory, just like the US Virgin Island,Guam(which is close to Japan and Korea) and Northern Mariana Islands.

To go there you need a US VISA handled by the American Embassy. Puerto Rico is not a country but a territory.

Its just the same thing like the UK. You cannot apply for a Scottish Visa,Wales or British Visa as some people usually call it which is wrong. You can only apply for a United Kingdom visa because the UK has four countries inside it.(England,Northern Ireland,Scotland and Wales)this are the four countries that makes the UK, so it will be like you going round looking for a SCOTTISH EMBASSY as there is none.

To process your school in Puerto Rico you have to go through the US EMBASSY.

2 Likes

Re: Puerto Rico by dirtygamer(m): 11:15am On Nov 16, 2011
Thanks @Sapele_Don. Your comment is really helpful.
Re: Puerto Rico by habexx(m): 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Please if i am staying in puerto rico and i want to visit USA, do i need visa?
Re: Puerto Rico by Lucasbalo(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2015
habexx:
Please if i am staying in puerto rico and i want to visit USA, do i need visa?
If you are staying in P\R legally, you don't need a visa to continental USA.

1 Like

Re: Puerto Rico by cozybunch: 11:46am On Oct 16, 2015
SapeleDon:
@dirtygamer Puerto Rico is a US Territory, just like the US Virgin Island,Guam(which is close to Japan and Korea) and Northern Mariana Islands.

To go there you need a US VISA handled by the American Embassy. Puerto Rico is not a country but a territory.

Its just the same thing like the UK. You cannot apply for a Scottish Visa,Wales or British Visa as some people usually call it which is wrong. You can only apply for a United Kingdom visa because the UK has four countries inside it.(England,Northern Ireland,Scotland and Wales)this are the four countries that makes the UK, so it will be like you going round looking for a SCOTTISH EMBASSY as there is none.

To process your school in Puerto Rico you have to go through the US EMBASSY.

Puerto Rico is a country of its own and a u.s territory also. There is a big difference betweena Scotland and the rest in u.k versus u.s and Puerto Rico.

Puerto Rico citizens still has there own passport and can carry u.s passport if they wish so, Scotland doesn't.
Puerto Rico citizens are considered u.s nationals and not u.s citizens. You may go and research on the difference.

Good Luck

2 Likes

Re: Puerto Rico by cozybunch: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2015
suxes2005:
OP, I guess you must do enough search b4 going there
Pple get turned back on their way to PR. I have seen countless
number of people which that has happened to!

SHALOM

There is no such thing that people get turned back hence you have a valid u.s visa

Good Luck
Re: Puerto Rico by suxes2005(m): 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
cozybunch:

There is no such thing that people get turned back hence you have a valid u.s visa

Good Luck

Thanks for the update.
Re: Puerto Rico by Miami11: 2:20am On Oct 17, 2015
Dont go to puerto rico without a valid USA visa. Please be advised
Re: Puerto Rico by habexx(m): 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2015
Please if you marry a puerto rico will you be automatically a US citizen or PR citizen?
Re: Puerto Rico by Miami11: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
habexx:
Please if you marry a puerto rico will you be automatically a US citizen or PR citizen?
Both
But marriage takes about 10 years to get citizenship not automatic
You go through process and such
Re: Puerto Rico by Afam4eva(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2015
Puerto Rico is the 51st US state.
Re: Puerto Rico by cozybunch: 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
Miami11:

Both
But marriage takes about 10 years to get citizenship not automatic
You go through process and such

Citizenship through marriage takes 3 years not 10 years.

Good Luck
Re: Puerto Rico by LajaLaba: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
Stay in your country undecided
Re: Puerto Rico by Lucasbalo(m): 4:32am On Oct 20, 2015
Afam4eva:
Puerto Rico is the 51st US state.
Puerto Rico is not a state. It's a territory of United States. There are only fifty states in US.
Re: Puerto Rico by Afam4eva(m): 6:49am On Oct 20, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Puerto Rico is not a state. It's a territory of United States. There are only fifty states in US.
It is the 51st US state the same way hawaii was the 50th even before it became a US state.
Re: Puerto Rico by cozybunch: 11:59am On Oct 20, 2015
Afam4eva:

It is the 51st US state the same way hawaii was the 50th even before it became a US state.

You can not say Puerto Rico is a state or the 51st state in U.S till she is properly annex just like Hawaii and Alaska is. They are still territory just like Gwan, America Virgin island and Antigua is. Infact all the territories has their individual or countries passports and can still obtain American passport if so wishes. It is the formal agreement with them with the U.S congrats.

They are all considered U.S nationals but not citizens with the right to vote but solely when they are in U.S soil of established residents example any U.S states.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Puerto Rico by Lucasbalo(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
Afam4eva:

You are absolutely wrong. They had a referendum for a Statehood and it didn't pass few years ago. Puerto Rico is a territory like Guam but not a State. If you don't believe me all you need to do is Google it. There are 50 States in US hence the 50 Stars on the American Flag. Puerto Ricans are American citizens just like people fro Guam. Intact, my Congressman Luis Gutierrez is a Puerto Rican.
Re: Puerto Rico by Afam4eva(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You are absolutely wrong. They had a referendum for a Statehood and it didn't pass few years ago. Puerto Rico is a territory like Guam but not a State. If you don't believe me all you need to do is Google it. There are 50 States in US hence the 50 Stars on the American Flag. Puerto Ricans are American citizens just like people fro Guam. Intact, my Congressman Luis Gutierrez is a Puerto Rican.
Dude, i know the US has 50 states with puerto rico been seen as an unofficial 51st. It's onlt a matter of time.
Re: Puerto Rico by habexx(m): 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
Please what are the required documents for visitation visa to Puerto Rico?
Re: Puerto Rico by cozybunch: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
Afam4eva:

Dude, i know the US has 50 states with puerto rico been seen as an unofficial 51st. It's onlt a matter of time.

It is soley depends on them. If they want to, they will vote on preposition on it and pass it on to the U.S congrats as a referendum. The congrats will vote on it and the 50 states will vote also. It only requires 2/3 of state vote before it makes it to the president's desk for signature. It takes time to annex.

Good Luck
Re: Puerto Rico by habexx(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2015
Please if you just go to Puerto Rico for tourism can you go to the United States with the same tourist visa? or you will get US visa seperately?
Re: Puerto Rico by Jazzman5701(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2019
Can any one help me to process a purto rico visa??
Re: Puerto Rico by Jazzman5701(m): 10:08am On Jan 10, 2019
Pleas can any one help me to process Ecuador visa?
Re: Puerto Rico by Jazzman5701(m): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2019
Can some one help me to process a Chile visa?
Re: Puerto Rico by Unclefemolala(m): 11:57am On May 20, 2021
habexx:
Please if you just go to Puerto Rico for tourism can you go to the United States with the same tourist visa? or you will get US visa seperately?

No , its the same Visa as if you are visiting US mainland

1 Like

Re: Puerto Rico by Cousin9999: 12:10pm On May 20, 2021
It's poor, white, and racist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Dead, 11 Injured In Kaduna – Zaria Road Auto-crash / The Canada They Won't Show Us, See Potholes On The Road, Nigerians React. PICS / Where Can I enter Bus From Lagos To Accra Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.