Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed (837 Views)

Help Me Review My Startup Idea / My Startup Failed in 28 months / Join My Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by Mylife89(m): 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
Good evening, I need professional advise

I just started a startup, its just three months old, its a software development company.

I want to know the salaries to pay my staff, cause am presently running it with my two friends whom I don't pay salaries, how I pay them is via negotiations on the projects we get.

I notice that they want to collect so much from the project, not even thinking about the growth of the company

Am thinking of hiring developers, please advise on the salary range so I can be guided to plan and raise money

Thanks and God bless
Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by FrankLampard: 11:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
Depending on their skillset and the programming language they know.

Averagely the salary of a Developer in a most Nigerian companies is 400k/month while for start-up is like 70k-150k
Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by Mylife89(m): 5:09am On Jan 19, 2021
Thanks for this information,

I have been worried recently because for example a project of 600,000 for a mobile app, my friends would be saying I should pay them 500,000

How much would then be used for running the startup, offsetting bills, marketing for more clients, etc

I don't know if this is how it's done, maybe am wrong, but with your information I can look for developers who would understand that we are just a startup, but as we grow their salaries would also grow

Once again thanks for your feedback
Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2021
If you are employing people you have to start charging as a business. If as a single person you were charging 500k per app you should be charging around 1.5 million per app now. You might get a job today and might not see any in the next 3 months and you need some runway so you don't collapse. You also need to start putting in your business costs into your charges. Rent, data, computers et al.

Business is tough men but it can be successful given the right circumstances. No one can say what you should pay your developer but please try to pay a living wage as this country is hell already.

2 Likes

Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by Mylife89(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2021
Thanks for this as well

As you pointed out also business is though, in as much as we want to charge plenty millions for projects,

We also need to consider the budget of the client and try to be accommodating.

We are trying to grow and at the same time trying to keep the startup running, but to be honest getting high paying contracts is not easy, we believe we will get there, but we need to build the portfolio which will get us there as well

Thanks for your feedback

1 Like

Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by Mylife89(m): 3:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
where can I find junior developers in the country?
Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by nettwrock(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mylife89:

I am available for PHP/Laravel and Nodejs Backend Development and I have a friend who is very good with Flutter for Mobile Application Development.
If you want to chat or have some question kindly see my signature for my digits. I will be more than happ to work with you
Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by FlackoJodye: 9:00pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mylife89:
I'm a junior developer. with HTML CSS js and react js
Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by FlackoJodye: 9:00pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mylife89:
I'm a junior developer. with HTML CSS js and react js 07053223800
Re: Problems with my startup - Urgent Help Needed by valzey(m): 9:11am On Feb 01, 2021
You should understand that the early stages of a business, especially one that has detailed plans don't give profits.
Salaries and costs of running comes primarily from loan. Either from the bank or from yourself. Once you have something stable, you can then seek for funding from investors.
So you can't plan to pay your employees based on jobs that come in. If that's your plan, then you should not even have employees at all and be contracting the jobs when they come to freelancers you can supervise.

Having a business is not easy, a bold decision you made and it's impressive but you need to plan critically. There's no harm in contracting jobs for now, after all you can reuse the same persons if they did particularly well. And this way, their costs is on them, and if it's a remote company, you don't have to pay for office rent....etc.

Just think hard, decide and commit.

(1) (Reply)

Laptops For Sale.. Affordable As Always ! / Please Let Someone Help Me Out With My Outlook Programming / File Attachements Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.