Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,815 members, 7,844,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef (6312 Views)

Don Jazzy Calls D Banj A Broke Dude In New Song / Nominees For 2011 Bet Awards ,tuface ,d Banj Nominated / D Banj Ft Snoop Dogg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by evilspirit: 6:19pm On Apr 04, 2011
eghost247:

Pointless Thread Who Cares They both did great by working with international artists who are known worldwide why must we look for who was better who was on point@op POINTLESS THREAD!!!!

you must be a fool to comment on a pointless thread.you think you the only wise man abi.if its so pointless why did it get replied by others!olosi.

sultan didnt do any song with wyclef.it was a hurry hurry voice over.besides you called that video? who knew sultan did a song with wyclef poor marketing rubbish pple.dbanj should just improve on his lyrics AND VOICE
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by desholah(m): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2011
op.

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Carlosein(m): 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
evilspirit:

snoop is way bigger than wycley.snoop since 1990.wyclef ,least talented of fugees ,came out in 1999 with 'anything can happen' snoop na baba.wyclef wey no get himself.the silly guy wan become president of haiti

i wonder what u mean by 'snoop since 1990'. if you mean he'd been singing since then, maybe. but if you mean he was big then,
in your dreams. even the late nate dogg was nowhere in '90.

then you go and drop a bombshell by typing and i quote 'wyclef, least talented of fugees, came out in 1999'.   just shows your lack of objective perspective. do a good research friend.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by DanielGb(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2011
Music is about content and not rubbish, Snoop DO doubleG even out shine D'banj in the endowed Rmx  embarassed but listen to Wyclef and Sound Sultan and tell me who outshine each other  grin  cheesy , in terms of lyrics SOUND SULTAN is da' best pass D'Banj a.k.a (Jonathan Scape Goat)  cool , the only part to give kudos to D'Banj is the Video Spending, he spend a lot is  not easy, but just that sound sultan as perform with Wyclef @ Rhythm Unplugged so why Sound Sultan no pass am,    grin grin grin grin grin
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
evilspirit:

snoop is way bigger than wycley.snoop since 1990.wyclef ,least talented of fugees ,came out in 1999 with 'anything can happen' snoop na baba.wyclef wey no get himself.the silly guy wan become president of haiti

I don't mean to incur the wrath of (an) evil spirit, but I must point out that it is not true that Snoop is bigger than Wyclef. i must also quickly point out that Snoop debuted in 1993 with his 'Do.g.g.y.s.t.y.le' album (not 1990 like you erroneously claimed). Wyclef and his group (the Fugees) started about the same time too. . .although their debut came a few years later.

If Snoop's Do.g.g.ys.t.y.le album was phenomenal (and it sure was!), The Fugees' 'The Score' album was even more so - selling a total of 18 million albums as opposed to Do.g.gys.ty.le's 4million, and winning a basketful of awards at the grammy's. Even Wyclef's solo debut 'The Carnival' was sensational too. . .and he has gone on to release series of successful albums just like Snoop also has. It might also interest you to know that it was Wyclef that 'discovered' the larger-than-life Beyonce and her Destiny's Child ensemble. . .producing and featuring in their debut hit single 'No No No' in 1997. So, considering the antecedents and stature of both men in the industry, it would be very difficult to conclusively determine who's bigger between Snoop and Wyclef, unless we clearly set down the criteria for adjudging 'bigger'.

@ Topic, D'banj's video is the only redeeming aspect of his collabo with Snoop. In all other aspects, the song is NO MATCH for the passionate Sound Sultan/Wyclef collabo 'King of my Country' ["I'ma die with my honour!"]
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by kobiopy: 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
nawa for u guyz ooooo, y can't u guyz appreciate creativity, some ppl said dbanj/snoop sucks, crap, waste of space, its just unfortunate dat sultan/clef has carried him to nowhere, just came back from nairobi and dbanj\snoop rock big, u wanna pull down buh jah push up, there was a time u guyz wanna kill urself on nas\jayz issue, we now know dat jay rocks, let just support all of them.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by alrightna: 12:23am On Apr 05, 2011
STUPID NIGERIANS ALL OF YOU ARE STUPID, COMMENT LIKE BABIES, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION HERE, YOU GUYS DEY COMPARE SNOOP DOG AND WYCLEF? SULTAN MANAGE HOLD WYCLEF WHILE HE WAS IN NIGERIA, SHARPLY SHOT VIDEO NONSENSE NO BODY HEAR ABOUT THAT VIDEO ONLY IN NIGERIA, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO COLLABORATE WITH SNOOP DOGG? OR EVEN SHOT VIDEO FOR YANKEE? D'BANJ IS EVERYWHERE PEOPLE CALLING HIM FOR INTERVIEWS,SHOWS THAT IS BEYOND NIGERIA HE'S GONE BEYOND AFRICA AND HE'S TRYING TO ACHIEVE INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION, DON'T WORRY WAIT UNTIL HE GETS HIS FIRST GRAMMY NOMINATION CONTINUE BEEFING,
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by alrightna: 12:25am On Apr 05, 2011
STUPID NIGERIANS ALL OF YOU ARE STUPID, COMMENT LIKE BABIES, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION HERE, YOU GUYS DEY COMPARE SNOOP DOG AND WYCLEF? SULTAN MANAGE HOLD WYCLEF WHILE HE WAS IN NIGERIA, SHARPLY SHOT VIDEO NONSENSE NO BODY HEAR ABOUT THAT VIDEO ONLY IN NIGERIA, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO COLLABORATE WITH SNOOP DOGG? OR EVEN SHOT VIDEO FOR YANKEE? D'BANJ IS EVERYWHERE PEOPLE CALLING HIM FOR INTERVIEWS,SHOWS THAT IS BEYOND NIGERIA HE'S GONE BEYOND AFRICA AND HE'S TRYING TO ACHIEVE INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION, DON'T WORRY WAIT UNTIL HE GETS HIS FIRST GRAMMY NOMINATION CONTINUE BEEFING,
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Basics007: 5:34am On Apr 05, 2011
Sound Sultan (just like Wyclef to an extent) is a conscious artiste like say Mos Def so they dont really get the recognition they deserve.
Cant really make up my mind who is bigger btw Clef and Snoop but Wyclef certainly has more hits.
The video quality for Endowed is far better than King Of My Country.
The KOMC lyrics is far better than Mr Endowed.
So overall it`s a tie.
But i wish Sound Sultan had nicked it though
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by yoji: 5:44am On Apr 05, 2011
I jus wanna clarify criteria no. 3 which says beta song.
Many pple are givin it to sultan on d basis of lyrics alone. But it takes more than lyrics to make a good song. In addition u also need rhythm and beats. Sometimes a song with wack lyrics wud beat a song with sensible lyrics cos of beat selection and arrangement.
For example p-square's do me despite its wack lyrics is a beta song than some socially concious songs.
Ironically I picked sultan's remix cos of dat hard hitting j-sleeky beat sef.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by kennidiamo: 9:06am On Apr 05, 2011
.dese are 2 diferent types of artistes, sultan is a lyricist whil d'banj is an entertainer.i bet if both of them shld go up on stage,d crowd wil roar more for d'banj, i tink we shld luk at from diferent point of views, i stil feel pops up to d'banj though cos i felt his verse on dat song, singing his native language in his normal way nd not tryin 2 b wat he is not,
Am a fan of soultan also,i just feel there is no comparism here except on videos thou.you compare a soultan with a 2face
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by baslone: 9:43am On Apr 05, 2011
alrightna:

silly NIGERIANS ALL OF YOU ARE silly, COMMENT LIKE BABIES, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION HERE, YOU GUYS DEY COMPARE SNOOP DOG AND WYCLEF? SULTAN MANAGE HOLD WYCLEF WHILE HE WAS IN NIGERIA, SHARPLY SHOT VIDEO NONSENSE NO BODY HEAR ABOUT THAT VIDEO ONLY IN NIGERIA, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO COLLABORATE WITH SNOOP DOGG? OR EVEN SHOT VIDEO FOR YANKEE? D'BANJ IS EVERYWHERE PEOPLE CALLING HIM FOR INTERVIEWS,SHOWS THAT IS BEYOND NIGERIA HE'S GONE BEYOND AFRICA AND HE'S TRYING TO ACHIEVE INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION, DON'T WORRY WAIT UNTIL HE GETS HIS FIRST GRAMMY NOMINATION CONTINUE BEEFING,

SO this is what makes his song a good track?

Really dumb!!!
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by switchmax8: 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2011
poster,
get your facts right wyclef is no where close to Snoop Doggy Snoop is king in america
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Lenny9000(m): 12:54pm On Apr 05, 2011
Just curious, how do you judge bigger? because Wyclef is no where near Snoop in popularity, record sales, fame, etc Snoop is light years ahead of him, in Fugess "Lauren Hill" was shining out not Wyclef though he was like the rock behind the group
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by shilling(f): 9:05am On Apr 06, 2011
Lenny9000:

Just curious, how do you judge bigger? because Wyclef is no where near Snoop in popularity, record sales, fame, etc Snoop is light years ahead of him, in Fugess "Lauren Hill" was shining out not Wyclef though he was like the rock behind the group

My thoughts exactly!!!

I didn't even know Wyclef did a collabo with SS a while back. Checked it out on Youtube, not feeling the song. I really love both of them though . . .
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 06, 2011
my Vote goes to Sultan of Sound and wyclef. As for endowed RMX apart 4rm D video the song is closed to crap
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by ideylaff: 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
Pointless Thread Who Cares They both did great by working with international artists who are known worldwide why must we look for who was better who was on point@op POINTLESS THREAD!!!!

@ eghost247, anybody hol ya hand come de side, abi dem force u make u post on top this thread,

why u no mind ya business,

abi ya computer dey open pages on NL without any click of da mouse,

u don dey run abi make i call BINGO for u,  cheesy grin/,
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by jobadmin(m): 4:56am On Apr 07, 2011
this is really an interesting opinions so far from nairalanders
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by cally22: 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2011
How many African artists have had a collaboraion wit snoop dogg? Its not easy jooh. Who no fit do collabo wit wyclef so many people including tha suspect (i no send u ooh) me sef go do collabo wit wyclef. Abeg make una leave D'banj d guy too much, if dey no like am make dem go do somasult. I'm soo endowed. grin grin grin
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Virgo83(m): 3:30am On Apr 08, 2011
THE MESSAGE WE EXPECTED OF THEM ISN'T ABOUT VIDEO BUT MORALE AHEAD OF CREATIVITY.
Both had to go for their likes, SoundSultan and Wyclef Jean are bird of feathers likewise D'banj and Snoop Dogg. There are just two differences between the duo, the Art of SoundSultan and the Act of D'Banj, the Good Messages of SoundSultan and the Illicit Entertainments of D'Banj and same also applies to the duo "Wyclef Jean and Snoop Dogg". To cut the story short which among the duo do regard as GOOD LEGACY.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by OJOnuh: 10:38am On Apr 08, 2011
between snoop and wyclef. Snoop is the super star. for this i give it to D'banj. Quality of music i still give it to D'banj and the third category i stiil give to D'banj
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by OJOnuh: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2011
evilspirit:

u seem to be lost of wht to say. u also sound confused. D'banj is far ahead of sound sutan in the game and the reality on ground shows this. The only person ahead of D'banj is 2 face. For sutan, he still some work.

gametalk:

SULTAN Got the edge,
Can someone tell me what was the Dbanj/snoop remix all about,  Kindly listen to lyrics and tell me smth good outta it.
Its so wack and suck.

inquire of music and u will know they are different categories.

baslone:

SO this is what makes his song a good track? 

Really dumb!!!

i believe u are the dumb one. what makes a supper star.
Re: D Banj & Snoop Vs Sound Sultan & Wyclef by Isuata: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2011
kennidiamo:

.dese are 2 diferent types of artistes, sultan is a lyricist whil d'banj is an entertainer.i bet if both of them shld go up on stage,d crowd wil roar more for d'banj, i tink we shld luk at from diferent point of views, i stil feel pops up to d'banj though cos i felt his verse on dat song, singing his native language in his normal way nd not tryin 2 b wat he is not,
Am a fan of soultan also,i just feel there is no comparism here except on videos thou.you compare a soultan with a 2face

correct guy @ kennidiamo-i dont know the basis for the comparison in the 1st place cos the OP's criterion data is flawed. these re two pairs of diffrent artistes

yoji:

I jus wanna clarify criteria no. 3 which says beta song.
Many pple are givin it to sultan on d basis of lyrics alone. But it takes more than lyrics to make a good song. In addition u also need rhythm and beats. Sometimes a song with wack lyrics wud beat a song with sensible lyrics cos of beat selection and arrangement.
For example p-square's do me despite its wack lyrics is a beta song than some socially concious songs.
Ironically I picked sultan's remix cos of dat hard hitting j-sleeky beat sef.
@ yoji most of these pple here shld be skooled on wot mkes a good music. is good music about lyrics alone?dat mins music being universal is a mis-norma then! i tire for this pips o.
Virgo83:

THE MESSAGE WE EXPECTED OF THEM ISN'T ABOUT VIDEO BUT MORALE AHEAD OF CREATIVITY.
Both had to go for their likes, SoundSultan and Wyclef Jean are bird of feathers likewise D'banj and Snoop Dogg. There are just two differences between the duo, the Art of SoundSultan and the Act of D'Banj, the Good Messages of SoundSultan and the Illicit Entertainments of D'Banj and same also applies to the duo "Wyclef Jean and Snoop Dogg". To cut the story short which among the duo do regard as GOOD LEGACY.
i dey laff-like obj where does legacy and music com into play. there re gr8 musicians from d carribeans re even studied in music skools their music were never in english, mostly becos of their biutiful arrangements, shio!

enuf said, wot makes a serios artiste is not by the serios message he/she preaches it is by how serios they take their careers. it is obvious dbanj tkes hes career more seriosly. He planned nd projected for a collabo with snoop , , it ws neva a chance meeting of snoop in nigeria and he using the oppurtunity to clinch a single collabo like sultan does
besides we see the gains of dbanj and snoops collabo, Welcome to america! go watch it and see a nigerian serios with hes career and wanting to go places and he will-i can see it!

i feel the criteria for basing them shld have been whaat will these collabos do to both their careers, we see wot its doing for dbanj for SS nko##?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAIJA MP3 UNLIMITED / Illbliss Ft. Terry G - Aiye Po Gan (official Video) / Can The Music Lovers Here Tell Me The Name Of This Old Nigerian Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.