Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) (30339 Views)

EFCC Arraigns 4 Yahoo Boys And 1 Yahoo Girl In Benin, Edo (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Nabbed On Their Way To "Attack" A Community In Edo. Photos / Corpse Of Obatosu, Don Wanny's Brother Paraded After His Death In Edo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by nwekeugochukwu: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
A young man identified as Ajitwewunmeshe Emmah has been killed by yet-to-be identified persons in Igarra, Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State, IgbereTV reports.

IgbereTV gathered that the young man popularly known as Lacomb was shot dead during a clash between two groups of masquerades after the annual Ekuochi festival on Monday, January 18, IgbereTV reports.

Several people were inflicted with machetes and axes cuts including the chairman, Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC), Chief Folorunsho Okomayin.

However, another version said the clash might be connected to the on-going clashes among rival cult groups in the state. A member of the vigilante group in Igarra, who spoke to the newsmen said;

“After the annual Ekuochi festival, there is always the merriment later in the evening when several masquerades and young people come back to town to continue the celebrations. On Monday, there were two masquerades that were permitted to come out but a third one came and instead of the members carrying sticks, they came out with knives, axes and machetes and there was clash and several persons were injured and some hospitalised but normalcy was restored later that evening. I was shocked when we heard in the early hours of yesterday (Tuesday) that the boy was shot dead.” he narrated.

Confirming the incident, the traditional ruler of Igarra, HRH Oba Adeche Saiki Otaru said the clash has some connection with Ekuochi and cultism.

"This Ekuochi festival was first banned and the ban lifted after they reached some agreement to be peaceful and this is the third one. I think we have to go back to square one about the banning because it is an abomination for any masquerade to use its cane on an elder in the community. Immediately the news of the death got to me, I immediately reported to the police and the army. They are already working to ensure there is peace in the land." he said.

The killing was said to have caused tension in the community. Many shops in Ugbogbo part of Igarra did not open and a local market popularly called Ofua-momo, which opens once in four days, was also deserted on Tuesday.

The deceased's cousin, Omeiza Balogun wrote on Facebook:

"Rest Cousin and sleep well, the unrest and sleeplessness is upon your killers."
https://www.facebook.com/551081157/posts/10158047053036158/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1379698/tension-edo-community-gunmen-kill-young-man-photos/

1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by nwekeugochukwu: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
More

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Azyne(f): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cultism seems to be the order of the day in Edo

RIP to the dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by slawormiir: 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Rest in peace niggarrrr...
A real niggarrrr is Submerged in a miasma of melancholy that the earthly sojourn of this young niggarrrr came to an abrupt end just like that

Although a life without ruggedity is not worth living
But the need to use sense can not be over emphasized

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Righteousness2(m): 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
Condolences to His Family,
Another young Soul wasted..
Another Soul has Crossed over to the other side..
Another Soul gone to Eternity..
It is Appointed unto men to Die once, after that , the Judgement.

Let we the Living, take heed and Prepare ourselves for Eternity.

Heaven is Real!
Hell is Real!

Salvation through JESUS Christ is the only way to Eternal Life

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by TruthHurts1(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
When did masquerades start carrying guns? Abi dem no be ancestral spirit again?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by gambia(m): 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
There is more to the story, young lads kindly shun cultism, it always end in premium tears.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Queenslander(f): 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
Edo state,..? It must be a cult related activity,.. please shun cultism.. it doesn't pay.. only brings pain and sorrow, especially to those who love you!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Ejike07: 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
I recently left Edo State precisely Benin. You don't advise a sane family man or train up young children in Benin. That city has really swallowed so much innocent blood. Not that they have anything worthwhile like working factories, mineral resource or hardworking indigenous people. Very lazy youth hence cultism

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
naso this fine boy go just go like that
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Revere27: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cultism does not pay.
Use please desist from it and have have peace of mind.
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Brendaniel: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ejike07:
I recently left Edo State precisely Benin. You don't advise a sane family man or train up young children in Benin. That city has really swallowed so much innocent blood. Not that they have anything worthwhile like working factories, mineral resource or hardworking indigenous people. Very lazy youth hence cultism

I blame our governments though, they keep handling serious matters with kid gloves and handling unserious matters as though their lives depend on it, for me if you are caught as a cult member whether you have killed or not because one way or the other cultism is about death and sorrow(prevention is better than cure) we won't wait for you to kill, there are only 2 options for you:

1. We will enroll you in the army without training(since you like to fight) or pay(since the cult doesn't pay you) and put you in the fore-front to fight boko haram, if you try to run away from battle a sniper will take you down since you want to sabotage the battle.

2. Death by hanging or firing squad.

Because to me cultism is still terrorism, I mean what is the difference if at the end of the day boko haram kills and cultism kills, the death is not the same and they do it in group and with weapons, our goverment is just very unserious..

10 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by free2ryhme: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
nwekeugochukwu:
A young man identified as Ajitwewunmeshe Emmah has been killed by yet-to-be identified persons in Igarra, Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State, IgbereTV reports.

IgbereTV gathered that the young man popularly known as Lacomb was shot dead during a clash between two groups of masquerades after the annual Ekuochi festival on Monday, January 18, IgbereTV reports.

Several people were inflicted with machetes and axes cuts including the chairman, Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC), Chief Folorunsho Okomayin.

However, another version said the clash might be connected to the on-going clashes among rival cult groups in the state. A member of the vigilante group in Igarra, who spoke to the newsmen said;

“After the annual Ekuochi festival, there is always the merriment later in the evening when several masquerades and young people come back to town to continue the celebrations. On Monday, there were two masquerades that were permitted to come out but a third one came and instead of the members carrying sticks, they came out with knives, axes and machetes and there was clash and several persons were injured and some hospitalised but normalcy was restored later that evening. I was shocked when we heard in the early hours of yesterday (Tuesday) that the boy was shot dead.” he narrated.

Confirming the incident, the traditional ruler of Igarra, HRH Oba Adeche Saiki Otaru said the clash has some connection with Ekuochi and cultism.

"This Ekuochi festival was first banned and the ban lifted after they reached some agreement to be peaceful and this is the third one. I think we have to go back to square one about the banning because it is an abomination for any masquerade to use its cane on an elder in the community. Immediately the news of the death got to me, I immediately reported to the police and the army. They are already working to ensure there is peace in the land." he said.

The killing was said to have caused tension in the community. Many shops in Ugbogbo part of Igarra did not open and a local market popularly called Ofua-momo, which opens once in four days, was also deserted on Tuesday.

The deceased's cousin, Omeiza Balogun wrote on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/551081157/posts/10158047053036158/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1379698/tension-edo-community-gunmen-kill-young-man-photos/

This is sad
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Maxikenna: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
So sad
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by solmusdesigns: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Omofloflo: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Killings everywhere in Nigeria. Nowhere is safe..... Buhari pls resign

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Enudapan: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

R.i.p
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by pickatyouu: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2021
It's sad. Please always avoid unnecessary and unwanted killings.
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Eégún k'égún kan 'kògbọdò ṣíwọ́ na ọmọ babaláwo, Ó ṣé èèwọ̀.

Yoruba culture sweet sha grin
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by EvolvedPisces(m): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Damn nigga brothers on the beat

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Julietfashola: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Gunmen again
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Ihatethemods3: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
May his soul RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by g4everybody(m): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ejike07:

Its very easy to identify those who never stayed in a place. Or maybe u are the one without sanity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by UncleHaba22: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Are you sure it was gun men

Abii he was a cultists

RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
Useless masquerades. The way people of the new age celebrate masquerade is not the way our forefathers did.

Africa has beautiful cultures but can never be well organized because we must always have a way to show blackness.

Why beating elders according to the complaints of the community leader?
Culture that are meant to become tourism has become an avenue to exhibit violence. At Nsukka, some dirty masquerades they call Oriokpa goes around with dagger and can kill at any slightest provocations. In some towns in Yoruba land, there are some masquerades you are banned from coming out to see in the night. Nonsense.
2moro someone will tell me not to embrace Christianity. Why can't blacks exhibit cultures with competition that can be registered in Olympic sports.

Even the so called occultism, the original ideology of those who started it is to fight for the liberation of the stampeded black race. Today, it has enslaved blacks, caused more of their deaths and made life worse for them. All the looters collaborate with cultists to rig elections and subsequently loot their treasury. SHAME OF A RACE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by lildush(m): 3:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=slawormiir post=98253973]Damnnn niggarrrr
Rest in peace niggarrrr

Although a life without ruggedity is not worth living
But the need to use sense can not be over emphasized [/quote

U are damn right nigeeeeerrrrrrrr. Rip to d young man.... Siping my origin.....with tears in my eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by ATEAMS: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nawao
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by easyfem(m): 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
useless country wasting their future leader
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
cry
Re: Gunmen Kill A Young Man In Edo (Photos) by freshkpomo(m): 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2021
Verdict: speechless. This guy fit just travel go home go jolly o, only for am not to return... These cult bobo are painting Southern Nigeria black before the world. when them go get sense?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Invade Umunwelile In Etche Rivers, Brutalise Many (Graphic Photos) / Conductor Set Ablaze For Stabbing Passenger To Death Over N50 / Justice Folayemi Omoleye Slaps Felicia Akindurotoye, Felix Solomon (RCCG Pastor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.